Forum Settings
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wooow, that was an really intense movie... like it more than the first one, the action here is way better.
The final battle was awesome and the OST was very good.

Nice to see that Takumi is beginning to enjoy being a racer. :D
Can't wait for the next episode.

Forgive if my english is not good, it is not my native language.
Nov 13, 2015 11:21 PM

Jun 2012
Well this anime really reminds me how much I like some cars like the Mazda Rx-7 FD , 86 , Nissan GTR , Nissan NSX , and a few others .
The movie was all about racing and not that much talk and for me that is something nice .
All in all I liked the movie , I honestly would like to see the anime industry go in this direction , racing , and leave the whole fan service idea for a bit , or at least one anime per year that has racing in it .
Nov 14, 2015 3:16 AM

Aug 2011
AgelessPharaoh said:

All in all I liked the movie , I honestly would like to see the anime industry go in this direction , racing , and leave the whole fan service idea for a bit , or at least one anime per year that has racing in it .

This would be really nice!!
Dec 5, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2010
AgelessPharaoh said:
Nissan NSX

Honda NSX.
Dec 10, 2015 5:14 PM

Jul 2011
No Eurobeat. D:

Love the animation though, looks great.

And the bouquet at the end lol. Oh Ryosuke.
Dec 10, 2015 6:24 PM

May 2014
Better than its prequel, yet not better than original series in my opinion. Still battle was intense and as for soundtracks, yep it was pretty decent. Animation was solid too.
Dec 11, 2015 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
Noxeria said:
Better than its prequel, yet not better than original series in my opinion. Still battle was intense and as for soundtracks, yep it was pretty decent. Animation was solid too.

Exactly my tough, it was okish but if u compare to the original it doesn't get any closer to it in details of the attacks.

If they aren't showing the nature of Initial D its a waste of time to make a rewind of the whole series in short pieces on a movie.

They should have at least kept in the movie what made it a hit to their public the details of the attacks.
Dec 11, 2015 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
As usual, the soundtrack is appealing. Good thing I got new headphones for this.

Pretty good animation for the film. I think most of it was fluid especially the backgrounds and car designs. Racing was also neat with the crisp sharp turns. The guy who tried to force the tie got what was coming to him though.....like karma. This film also sets up for the final part of the trilogy.

Mogi spotted~
Aug 29, 2016 5:49 PM

May 2012
Great followup revisited recap movie I must say! Really put the two races in picture perfectly! Intense action as usual and with the additional Eurobeat by Dagumi Tofu it really made it epic!

Can't wait to see what the third and last movie will have to offer!
Oct 16, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2008
namedrisk said:
Noxeria said:

Exactly my tough, it was okish but if u compare to the original it doesn't get any closer to it in details of the attacks.

I feel like it's an okay addition for us fans, but nowhere near the quality of the First Stage. Though I am cheating and watching the Eurobeat edit instead of the original jrock OST. The edited songs do manipulate me a bit with the nostalgia and well, better music.

The duct tape race was probably my favorite in the series so it was nice seeing it remade. I don't remember the ending part though when Takumi recieves flowers from Ryosuke. That's super gay and it made me laugh. And Mogi's last appearance made me laugh, just when I thought that she was missing from the entire movie, she comes there.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 2, 2016 4:51 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
second film, with two differents races, with the same final, takumi winner ;) This film is only a preamble of the great race, a preambe of the third and last film, Takumi Vs. Ryosuke ;)....7/10.
Jan 4, 2018 9:24 AM

May 2016
There is no eurobeat so I prefer the original version but I liked better this movie than the prequel.
Sep 19, 2018 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
I guess that even a movie adaptation with a better pace, a better presentation, and that took some liberties with the source material, can't make a miracle out of it, huh.

They tried to overhype Nakazato making him able to keep up with Ryousuke in that scene, Itsuki still pathetically accepted a challenge that wasn't even for him causing trouble for others, and for his friend. Iketani still obnoxiously said in a patronizing way that Takumi wouldn't be able to win against Nakazato, and Takumi's boss still manipulated him into racing. And the worst was yet to come with Shingo's part. This time he didn't send anyone to the hospital, but he still tried to make Iketani crash, and during the race he bumped into Takumi to try and make him lose control, and then when he realized he was going to lose he tried to tie by crashing with him, the guy was crazy, and Iketani still acted like a "good guy" and helped him as if he were the only one that could do it, AS IF Shingo would've helped him if he were successful into making him crash. Sportsmanship is all nice and dandy, but as I said before, only if the person you are competing against is decent, and I know you shouldn't really abandon someone that needs help, but then again, Shingo's friends were right there and he could've waited, I hate how his personality did a 180 after losing too, it's so cheap.

Well, at least Mogi had like two scenes, and she was really cute, and Ryousuke still challenged Takumi in the most possible classy way, I love it. But after this scene I got a bit worried they were going to cut Mako's part, but she appeared on the preview, and now I don't know what to expect from the last movie, but I do hope to see her racing against Takumi, although it would entail watching Iketani being insufferable was well.
Apr 19, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2019
Well.. It was nice to watch this again with new animation, that being said the shots of the racing was no where near as well done as the original series lol. I see half of the original VA's came back and the newer ones through me off a bit as well. They changed the music as well!! Ahh I wish they just kept it all the same but with the new animations. This doesn't beat the original at all. Was still nice to watch though.
Jun 13, 2019 5:14 PM

Feb 2012
(saw the Eurobeat fan edit)

While this has more races (and really good ones) than the other two movies, this is my least favourite of the remakes. Downplaying the injuries Iketani faced and the removing "Takumi turning up at the last minute and shining the headlights on Itsuki" really disappointed me though not as much as removing the race with Blue Impact. They might not have needed to include the Iketani Mako sideplot but they should had given the Sileighty a cameo.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 27, 2020 1:03 AM

Apr 2016
It's a good movie, I think it's actually better than the first one. I'm curious to watch the third movie against Takahashi Ryousuke.
Aug 15, 2020 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
In some respects, this adaption was even better than the original.

My opinion primarily boils down to Shingo's race. That battle panned out in a far more organic manner than in the original version – no fanfare, it was a purely impulsive decision. The race was completely in line with Shingo's personality and reflected Takumi's state of mind. More so than in the First Stage, in my opinion.
Jan 28, 2023 3:01 AM

Apr 2022
this movie was definitely better than the prequel.

animation once again was absolutely top-notch. junichi suwabe did a great job as takeshi, as expected. music was decent but once again, no eurobeat.

and wow, both movies so far have really upped the levels with the mogi fanservice. 

all things considered, it's just decent, 7/10.

More topics from this board

» Preview Video (Update 4/17)

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

4 by Leadle_Lee »»
Oct 10, 2015 9:53 PM

» Key Visual

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Feb 23, 2015 5:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.