Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 11, 2015 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Yuriko was so cute when she wore a yutaka.
Nov 11, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 2015
I feel this is the weakest episode so far. No reason whatsoever and you can even skip this episode feeling it never happened. Although arguably the last 2 episodes you can skip it as if it never happened, but I think those 2 episodes set up a major villain.

It seems this anime wants to ship odd coupling. I mean that shonen with Sakurako-san which she should be in her 20-30s while that Yuri girl with the sensei.

Although Yuriko is very cute in this episode so that this episode is still watchable. Clearly Yuriko should be with the shonen. People like Sakurako does not really suitable for romance you know...

Nov 11, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
i almost slept during the episode, glad i hold out in the end...

2/5
Nov 11, 2015 9:22 PM

Dec 2014
Meh....
So fem student is for sensei?
Oh well...
A bit disappointing...
Nov 11, 2015 10:00 PM

Feb 2015
No CG skeletons in this episode. Yay!
Nov 11, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
The girl with black hair was moving on

The ring was from her late husband and she was saying her farewells

Sakurako needs to move on just like the girl with black hair.
Nov 11, 2015 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
How abt the sensei being the butterfly man? XD
Nov 11, 2015 11:23 PM
Nov 2015
It wasn't particularly bad as a stand alone episode. The episode didn't really propel the story forward, which just makes it a filler really.

It did pose a couple of questions like whether someone has the right to die or not. Should you go the distance in saving someone if they were about to harm themselves even if you are a complete stranger to them?

The presentation of the story was pretty good and the animation was top notch as always.
Nov 11, 2015 11:27 PM

Jun 2012
Kinda weird that the teacher was flirting with one of his students.
Nov 12, 2015 2:03 AM

Jan 2014
Anarchi4 said:
J0kerz said:
If you go back to the recent episode near the end when they shift from sakurako with her hand on the dude shoulder to the appraiser the physique hardly changes. But i want you to pay attention to the hair, then come back to this episode and see her profile from the behind again on the bridge and they are almost identical!

I just saw that part again and searched both chapters and opening, I don't agree with what you say but I hope it's true.

Capture from the opening:

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2s6a361.jpg

Capture from episode 5:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/imuuix.jpg

Capture from today's episode (6):

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2cdjvkp.jpg

In episode 5 the one who got off the car seemed to be a man (plus he was wearing man shoes, so I don't think it's a girl). They look alike but I don't think they are the same person.

This needed to be said. I also noticed the shoes, but other than that, really the only thing we got is hair length. Hair length and (dark) hair colour, but the latter is hardly surprising in Japan. Also, perhaps people saw similarities in the overall brown tone of the shot, but the actual resemblances were minimal.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MasterTengkorakNov 16, 2015 3:45 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 12, 2015 2:50 AM

Aug 2014
Seriously Yuri??? You wasted everyone's time for a stranger who wanted to get rid of the very thing you were returning, it would be like when you drop Ice cream; you just can't return it to your cone,cup or bucket.

Anyways, the part that made me lose it was when they called Sakurako to the lost children center XD

Also, we got some odd relationships forming. For example, Yuri who liked Shoutarou is now implying a crush on Sensei, and Yuri's friend backstabbing the other. I agree with everyone else, Sakurako back in the spotlight is way better than Yuri.
Nov 12, 2015 5:22 AM

Aug 2008
Where the hell do you people see the girl crushing on her teacher or liking Shoutaro? Same goes for boy's crush on bone freak. You know there exist different types of relationships as well?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 12, 2015 5:24 AM

Feb 2015
Yuri and Shoutarou won't be setting sail but really the teacher? Why would they push Yuri off with the retarded teacher?
And come on Shoutarou get over this obsession of Sakurako already, that is kinda getting stale at this point.

Still, was an okay episode.
Nov 12, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting episode, for once the episode is not focused on Sakurako and Shoutaro. Yuriko wanted to help someone and it's a good thing, she was beautiful with her yukata on.
The best part was when Sakurako-san was call by the lost children center xD
Nov 12, 2015 5:37 AM

Jul 2013
I'm amazed that kind of guy even chose high school teacher as a profession. Almost zero sense of responsibility. Let's hope they really didn't go the Yuri and sensei route.

I'd like to stay positive and consider this episode as a basis for Yuri or maybe even Sakurako's character development. After all it dealt with the topic of life, death, and moving on. It's easy to guess the context for Sakurako but for all we know Yuri might end up being a major character at the end and thus this episode was required to serve as a basis. They've so far dedicated 2 episodes that's heavily related to her after all (including her grandma's death).
Nov 12, 2015 6:02 AM

Oct 2015
A quiet episode that shows us that not everything in the life of a detective is dead and you can always continue after the elaboration of mourning.
Nothing to highlight in my opinion.
3/5

PS: I am disappointed. I Wanna see to Sakurako with Yukata TT_TT
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 12, 2015 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
Yuriko is just too cute *.* Really liked this episode although it was different from usual. We got to see more of Isozaki-sensei and learn a bit about his personality. I wish sakurako had a yukata on xD
why
Nov 12, 2015 7:40 AM

Jul 2014
Another textbook episodic with very cliche moments. A very slow start to the episode and a pretty lame ending, in fact. This episode contributed the least of all the episodes so far. Well I'm glad that the "transformation" didn't take place in this episode, with Sakurako clearly having very little to do this in this episode.

3/5 as a vote but a 2.5/5 is accurate. Below par episode.
Nov 12, 2015 7:50 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode. It's refreshing to see Yuriko take the centre stage and have Sakurako and Shoutarou in the sidelines for the most part.

The PA system calling out for Sakurako was pretty funny though. =D

It's also the first episode not to use Sakurako's transformation sequence. About time too!
Nov 12, 2015 8:13 AM
Aug 2013
Antanaru said:
It wasn't as bad as the previous two episodes but quite a pointless one nonetheless. I don't believe anyone would give a damn about a random woman in such unclear circumstances. This girl seems to have some issues. There's one thing this episode has done though. It has shown what a weak characters the leading pair is and one again what a horrible comic relieve character that "policeman" is. This show looked promising at first but it quickly plummeted into cliches and boring, pointless drama with no foundations to give a damn about it.

You probably didn't read the words at the opening lol
'for people trapped in the past'
It's apparently a healing anime, I don't get why people are saying there's lack of plot and things like that. I personally find it very successful in healing hearts, I find life beautiful every time after finishing an episode.
by the way, this is why anime like houkago no pleiades, Re-kan, sora no method gets such a low score (not gonna mention glasslip though)

Healing anime is an unpopular genre here
Nov 12, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty average episode. Felt pretty pointless but it was nice to take a break from Sakurako and focus on other characters. Also no stupid transformation sequence. Hopefully we won't ever see it again.
MasterTengkorakNov 16, 2015 3:48 PM
Nov 12, 2015 9:21 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Goddammit sakurako-san don't start the sailing of Yuri x Teacher plz

Dat episode was alright but seriously... this serie is getting less and less interesting each episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 12, 2015 9:52 AM

Oct 2013
I found this episode strangely depressing for reasons of which I am completely unaware... and TBH I didn't remember who any of these side characters are lol.

I don't get why people are so butthurt at the teacher either. He proposed a completely logical philosophy. A person's life is their own to do what they want with, even if that means ending it. We, as fellow humans, have the right to influence them however we can, but ultimately that person's life is their own. I by no means support suicide, but saying people who want to kill themselves have no right to do so is quite presumptuous. The teacher having an unusual outlook or perspective doesn't make him a "retard" merely because you don't agree with it, guys.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 12, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
omg that chick is so annoying. Like really? Bringing her weird speculations on to everyone else. Being rude to Tatewaki.

and the ring aside, throwing the letter was blatant littering! Hmph.
Nov 12, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2007
Now this episode was surprising. I never thought the teacher would turn out to be such an interesting character. His point of view, while perhaps cold, is not exactly all that off either. Teachers are usually either moe-fied into blobs (granted, does not happen to males as often) and/or mere story backdrop, this when they appear at all. So having a teacher play such a role, even for an episode, was very refreshing.

I thought the episode would have been better with no Sakurako or Shoutaro, actually.

As for Kougami's misconception, it makes perfect sense in a country where suicide is so horribly common. I loved the focus on her and how there are little visual details that expand her character and given the series some sense of continuity, like how she was looking at the grandmother with the little girl.
Nov 12, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2015
that sensei could be mysterious guy, his role more needed

and i also love yuriko in yukata xD why sakurako don't wear it too? meh
Nov 12, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
ichigo_daisuki said:
Stark700 said:
I wish Sakurako also had a yutaka on D:

It's too bad Sakurako is not the type to wear one. XD
Yuriko is cute!
Nov 12, 2015 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode
The ed... I feel it!

I'm getting to like this girl personality
and many good words was said in this episode.

terminador_2397 said:
ichigo_daisuki said:

It's too bad Sakurako is not the type to wear one. XD
Yuriko is cute!

Yeah... she is not the type of person who will wear a yukata.
i had love to see her in yukata though :D
YizelTroNov 12, 2015 11:37 AM
Nov 12, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
This is actually quite entertaining. 8/10
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 12, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad this episode was more tame than the other cases. Nice break from all the crazy shit that happens, blood flying everywhere. My favorite part would have to be when Sakurako was reported as a lost child, lol. She really should get a phone.
Nov 12, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2015
does that bitch got poses by emiya shirou ghost.
If someone ones to die you should let them die.
If somebodys want to be really free from this fucked up world who are you stop them.
other than that my fav part when sakurako-san was treated like a lost child LOL

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Nov 13, 2015 1:52 AM

Sep 2013
That was a pretty boring episode, and what kind of teacher tells a teenager that you should just let someone who wants to kill themselves, kill themselves? Has he never met a teenager before?
Nov 13, 2015 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
A bit of a different episode this week. And I want one of those bone rings..
---------My Profile------------
Nov 13, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2015
talentlessash said:
That was a pretty boring episode, and what kind of teacher tells a teenager that you should just let someone who wants to kill themselves, kill themselves? Has he never met a teenager before?

That was a sincere advice to his beloved student. ;D

Why are people forgetting that his sole purpose to be there was to prevent his school's students from getting in any kind of trouble and obviously he would not want her to do anything with a suicide case, especially if that case is messed up in the head that could even cost her her life.

On a side note, disagreement with sensei there. One should never let someone end there life if one could prevent it. Coz when you are dead, it is all over. There is nothing one can do after dying. It will remain a regret for good. So if you can, at least try to stop them since it is better to try than doing nothing and regretting later. Thank you.
Nov 13, 2015 9:48 AM

Nov 2014
Yuri was cute in a yukata
Hi there
Nov 13, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2012
One of the worst things about the episode was the fact that the woman was about to throw the letter in the river, but instead just let it there on the ground and that was what set up this episode, but why the fuck she would do that? It doesn't make ANY sense.
If she wanted to bid farewell, she wouldn't let the letter there so someone could just come and pick it. If she wore to just do that she could have throw the ring in the nearest garbage can and be done with it.

This episode was really bad.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MasterTengkorakNov 16, 2015 3:49 PM
I despise woke people.
Nov 13, 2015 2:51 PM
Sep 2014
Is that Ushiromia Rosa?
Nov 14, 2015 1:51 AM

Aug 2012
The lost child was Sakurako!! Can't stop laughing when i found out about it. XD
Nov 14, 2015 3:17 AM
Jul 2015
My theory ;

What if the woman was Sakurako?
I believe, that Sakurako had a little brother, who died ( this is what the anime said, I think so). He had the same name with Shoutarou. Sakurako made a ring out of his bones, and kept it to always remember him or smth. But now, that Shoutarou came in her life, she started to love him a lot. Plus - he looks like her brother, have the same name etc-. So Sakurako, replaced her lost brother with Shoutarou, and tried to move on from Soutarou (her brother). And now , she threw away the ring that kept her trapped in her past.

BUT!

What if Shoutaro is her brother?

In the opening, you can see both of them chasing each other's child versions. Although, Shoutarou's version might not be him. What if Shoutarou got lost or kidnapped? When the police found him, he said his name with an "Sh" and not a "S" because he couldn't pronounce correctly due to his young age or smth. But. this theory wouldn't explain the Sakurako's ring...

Anyway, that's my theory !
Nov 14, 2015 3:31 AM

Sep 2014
I think the shocking part was how Yurioki's friend ended up hooking up with her other firend's BF.

And GOD! That last dialogue between Yurio and Sensei
" So Beautfiul"
" Wat, Me?"
" You're Terrible"

GOD!!! I was like HOOK UP ALREADY!!!!
Nov 14, 2015 5:00 AM

Jul 2008
That was....pretty bad.
Nov 14, 2015 5:11 AM

Jul 2014
for some reason liking isozaki sensei character
i wonder what is his role in the future?
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 14, 2015 5:21 AM

May 2015
Best part of the episode? Yuri. We need more Yuri again. Episode definitely felt weaker than previous episodes, but still enjoyed it quite a bit. Wonder what happened to the teacher in the past. The scenery this episode was nothing short of beautiful too.

Nov 14, 2015 6:02 AM
Oct 2007
So they managed to shoehorn a mystery into a summer festival episode. I guess we will have a hot springs/beach/pool mystery as well at some point
Nov 14, 2015 6:34 AM

Jul 2012
Really liking Isozaki sensei and really liked the chemistry between him and Yuriko. It seemed like he was talking more to himself than to Yuriko when he told her she needs to be prepared.

Lol at Shoutarou making a missing child announcement for Sakurako.
Nov 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that after all it is useful for the history and growth of the characters, although very slow, discursive, I found enjoyable narrative. Drawings and animations good overall, I'm starting to enhance the character of Yuriko along with that of Sakurako-san, but I have not shared his decision to throw the ring into the river.
Nov 14, 2015 9:16 AM

Jun 2014
Strangely, this is my favorite episode so far.
I like it when conversations (like the one between Yuri/ Sensei) pit two irreconcilable viewpoints. Personally, I'm in line with Sensei.
Nov 14, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2014
Stark700 said:

I wish Sakurako also had a yutaka on D:

We all do, mate. ;_;
At first glance I thought she was that lady wearing the black yutaka.
Nov 14, 2015 8:42 PM

Jul 2015
Honestly, not a big fan of the Sensei. Seems kind of like a self-centered tool if ya ask me... Definitely hoping this doesn't go down the road of pairing Yuri with him. That would be awfully disappointing.

Otherwise it was a pretty decent episode all in all. Hopefully next episode we'll start seeing some more focus on the overall plot, assuming it's going to have one.
Nov 14, 2015 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
i actually really liked this episode for some reason, probably because i generally love summer festival episodes. i really liked the character interactions too.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.