Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was cute. We got a festival with yutaka and I think Yuriko looks nice.

Knew something was wrong when there's this mysterious girl who vanished near the bridge and leaves a note. Looks like the teacher also became more relevant this episode too and he's got a curious ring. I find the mystery to be a mixture of light and dark because of the setting. Ha, what a crappy drawing

I wish Sakurako also had a yutaka on D:
Decent episode I guess, feels a bit different for the first half but still retains the feeling of the show in addition to some smooth music and fireworks.
Nov 11, 2015 10:06 AM

Sep 2010
Stark700 said:
I wish Sakurako also had a yutaka on D:

It's too bad Sakurako is not the type to wear one. XD
Yuriko is cute!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 11, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2012
Bit of a different episode this week as Yuriko takes center stage with Sakurako-san appearing only to provide the solution to the mystery. So does Yuriko have a thing for Shotarou, or not? Couples in general seemed to be the focus, both new and old. Not a bad outing, but it was rather....melancholic to me.
Nov 11, 2015 10:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay, this episode was great until Sakurako and Shoutarou showed up which was a downer for me. Very refreshing sight with Yuri and the Sensei, their scenes were amazing.
Nov 11, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Oh God, why they made Yuriko so cute.
Well, probably my favorite episode. And that art, wow.
rsc-plNov 11, 2015 10:51 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 11, 2015 10:49 AM

Jul 2010
Did not expect developments for Yuriko and Isozaki-sensei, it was nice to learn about the two, especially on just how different the two are, yet the chemistry was just right.

Yuriko's friend, Chika, does not seem like a pleasant friend at all, and probably doesn't even consider Yuriko and Mana friends at all, as that glare was simply uncalled-for.

Pretty neat episode, curious on Isozaki's possible involvement in the future. It did feel in a way that Isozaki lost someone of importance, perhaps the only person that mattered at all.
Nov 11, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
It wasn't as bad as the previous two episodes but quite a pointless one nonetheless. I don't believe anyone would give a damn about a random woman in such unclear circumstances. This girl seems to have some issues. There's one thing this episode has done though. It has shown what a weak characters the leading pair is and one again what a horrible comic relieve character that "policeman" is. This show looked promising at first but it quickly plummeted into cliches and boring, pointless drama with no foundations to give a damn about it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 11, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
Interesting episode in the sense that they focused on not the usual pair...
The cases/stories are interesting, but i find it unique/weird in that we don't even see the victim/perp and just derive at a conclusion based on Sakurako's analysis and thinking.

That part where Sakurako was called out on the PA system was hilarious.

Nov 11, 2015 11:15 AM
Nov 2015
Episode annoying and unpleasant because of the retarded and disgusting behavior of this teacher retarded.

Sensei one of the most retarded and ridiculous characters ever created, reminds me a lot the shits like Slaine and Nagisa Kiryuu. This kind of shit character custuma attract a base of retarded and delirious fans.
which is unpleasant
I hope that this teacher retarded no longer appears
MagicMistic32Nov 11, 2015 11:19 AM
Nov 11, 2015 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
Different character focus for once, which is a nice change and all, but I can't help but feel that this episode was completely pointless. Nothing in this episode has made me care about these other two characters anymore than I did before, so because of that I felt like I was wasting my time watching this ep.

Man, this show is really turning into a huge disappointment.
Nov 11, 2015 11:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
MagicMistic32 said:
Episode annoying and unpleasant because of the retarded and disgusting behavior of this teacher retarded.

Sensei one of the most retarded and ridiculous characters ever created, reminds me a lot the shits like Slaine and Nagisa Kiryuu. This kind of shit character custuma attract a base of retarded and delirious fans.
which is unpleasant

And you set up a profile just to write this?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 11, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
For some reason this episode have an NTR feeling to it......
Nov 11, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2010
This anime has one major flaw and that's yet another main character that doesn't understand the feelings of a girl.
I feel sorry for Kougami she is such a nice girl yet Shoutarou doesn't understand that she likes him.
He way too obsessed with Sakurako who sees him is nothing more then a little brother at most, his feelings for her aren't romantic but he is conscious of her.

Anyway i am rooting for Kuogami,

About this episode for me it was clear then the woman was moving on and that she wasn't trying to throw her life away, the letter made that clear.
Still it was interesting to see how they where trying to find her.
If they did it would not have been very helpful to her though.

Shoutarou being yelled at by the girls was funny and he really deserved it.
Nov 11, 2015 11:40 AM

Sep 2014
I didn't expect that outcome, good episode.
Nov 11, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Anyone know what kind of large wristband/bracelet thing that Akira Ishida's character wear in this episode? it's looks cool.
Nov 11, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
Well that was a nothing episode. Nice art and sound but the story did nothing for me. Not sure of what to make of this show at the moment.
Nov 11, 2015 12:13 PM

Oct 2015
MagicMistic32 said:

which is unpleasant

Thank. You. That teacher is an absolute idiot of a character. Without a doubt the stain of the episode. Throwing his apathetic drivel at an impressionable student. Most people don't choose suicide of a sound mind. Telling someone they shouldn't get involved because the person made that decision is too idiotic to even contemplate. It annoys me the episode ended with him content instead of calling him out on his bullshit.

Furthermore, if it turns out he hold this preposterous logic because of some ridiculous traumatic past cliche I'm gonna hate him even more.
Nov 11, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2013
Boring, and for fuck's sake I hope that teacher doesn't get much more screen-time
Nov 11, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
Idk, this episode felt kind of boring to me. It was nice to see Yuri get a little more screen time, and Sakurako solving the mystery wasn't the main focus until the end, but this week's mystery just didn't seem very interesting. Also, I didn't really care much for Isozaki-sensei re-appearing. He seemed like an asshole in this episode. Hope next episode is better.
thebrentinator24Nov 11, 2015 12:40 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
MagicMistic32 said:

which is unpleasant

Fix your English please.

This show isn't much to write home about. Perfect Insider and Monogatari get written off as boring by most people but they're far most interesting than this. The episodic structure hurts the show more than it helps. Also, I really hope they don't do another fake mystery because I'm tired of that shit. +1 for lack of transformation sequence though.
Nov 11, 2015 12:53 PM

May 2015
I was expecting yuriko to bump into shoutaro after her bitchass friends left her and make progress in their relationship
Nov 11, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
The teacher is like an adult version of Kanie.
I like the guy.

A rather slow episode. :|
Nov 11, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
Lol he called sakurako with the lost children speakers XD LMFAO XD

nice episode, Yuriko's friends are typical sex crazed girls, they'd dump their guys in a hearbeat for a better/bigger one.

Mourning Jewelry :O
That was cool.
Nov 11, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
Is no one gonna talk about how this "mystery" girl has the same hair length and color as the "mystery" art appraisal person?? no? just me? mkay lol go back the bridge scene and imagine her hair in a pony tail and BAM there ya go..just my opinion though.
Nov 11, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2015
MoonStar9 said:
MagicMistic32 said:

which is unpleasant

Thank. You. That teacher is an absolute idiot of a character. Without a doubt the stain of the episode. Throwing his apathetic drivel at an impressionable student. Most people don't choose suicide of a sound mind. Telling someone they shouldn't get involved because the person made that decision is too idiotic to even contemplate. It annoys me the episode ended with him content instead of calling him out on his bullshit.

Furthermore, if it turns out he hold this preposterous logic because of some ridiculous traumatic past cliche I'm gonna hate him even more.

>Samefaging this hard
Nov 11, 2015 2:05 PM
Aug 2014
That teacher is a moron.
Nov 11, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
nakedfoxspirit said:
The teacher is like an adult version of Kanie.
I like the guy.

I like him too. I hate adults treating kids like just kids.

Opinions on him seem to be mixed though. Others seem to hate him recisely because of the above.

ichii_1 said:
Lol he called sakurako with the lost children speakers XD LMFAO XD

I cracked up at that one. It's a shame how much criticism this show gets, while the little thing like this seem to be missed completely.

animefan8800 said:
So does Yuriko have a thing for Shotarou, or not?

She's supposed to isn't she? It'd be the only normal (read: socially acceptable) pairing in this show, and yet the Yuri x Isozaki tension could not be missed.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 11, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
kurikinton said:
I was expecting yuriko to bump into shoutaro after her bitchass friends left her and make progress in their relationship

I was expecting her to bump into Shoutarou and Sakurako together, and then get all jealous.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 11, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was different. I did enjoy it. I hope they don't try doing something between Yuriko and the teacher. Shoutaro... man up dude. You have a cute girl right there and you know Sakurako-san has a fiance!
Nov 11, 2015 2:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I'm on the fence with this episode. This episode felt irrelevant to the series and felt boring. But Yuriko was so kawaii that it should be illegal so...

3/5
Nov 11, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Well, the episode wasn't bad, but they should have tied it to the story somehow. It was nice to see how the secondary characters think and the teacher's philosophical point of view.

All in all, it's not a good episode but it had some good moments, it suits the definition of the anime so far. To me it's a 3/5. EDIT: I'd rate it a 2,5 but that option is not available :P
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 11, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2015
Anarchi4 said:
Well, I the episode wasn't bad, but they should have tied it to the story somehow. It was nice to see how the secondary characters think and the teacher's philosophical point of view.

All in all, it's not a good episode but it had some good moments, it suits the definition of the anime so far. To me it's a 3/5

There was a huge (subtle) plot reveal that everyone is overlooking. They wanted us to think this episode was irrelevant so people would look past it. Which clearly worked but caught my eye. I am willing to bet anything that girl is the antagonist in this entire series! mark my words.
Nov 11, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
J0kerz said:
Anarchi4 said:
Well, I the episode wasn't bad, but they should have tied it to the story somehow. It was nice to see how the secondary characters think and the teacher's philosophical point of view.

All in all, it's not a good episode but it had some good moments, it suits the definition of the anime so far. To me it's a 3/5

There was a huge (subtle) plot reveal that everyone is overlooking. They wanted us to think this episode was irrelevant so people would look past it. Which clearly worked but caught my eye. I am willing to bet anything that girl is the antagonist in this entire series! mark my words.

Well, I didn't think about it but it could be great. However, I don't see how the little fragment of the woman we saw could be tied to the antagonist (which seems to appear at the opening and caused many of the events that happened in some episodes). Hope what you said it's true, could be awesome if they joined all the episodic (or not) mysteries.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 11, 2015 2:35 PM
Dec 2013
a nothing happen episode...

But, it seems the teacher also has a "someone dear to him had died" story...
Nov 11, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2015
Anarchi4 said:
J0kerz said:

Well, I didn't think about it but it could be great. However, I don't see how the little fragment of the woman we saw could be tied to the antagonist (which seems to appear at the opening and caused many of the events that happened in some episodes). Hope what you said it's true, could be awesome if they joined all the episodic (or not) mysteries.

If you go back to the recent episode near the end when they shift from sakurako with her hand on the dude shoulder to the appraiser the physique hardly changes. But i want you to pay attention to the hair, then come back to this episode and see her profile from the behind again on the bridge and they are almost identical!
Nov 11, 2015 2:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Just when I think they're pushing Shoutarou with the girl in his class, now they're implying that maybe she has a thing for their teacher O.o

Anyway, this episode was really cool and I laughed my butt off when the loud speaker people thought that Sakurako was a child xD
Nov 11, 2015 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
J0kerz said:
If you go back to the recent episode near the end when they shift from sakurako with her hand on the dude shoulder to the appraiser the physique hardly changes. But i want you to pay attention to the hair, then come back to this episode and see her profile from the behind again on the bridge and they are almost identical!

I just saw that part again and searched both chapters and opening, I don't agree with what you say but I hope it's true.

Capture from the opening:

Capture from episode 5:

Capture from today's episode (6):

In episode 5 the one who got off the car seemed to be a man (plus he was wearing man shoes, so I don't think it's a girl). They look alike but I don't think they are the same person.

Nov 11, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2015
Anarchi4 said:
J0kerz said:

I just saw that part again and searched both chapters and opening, I don't agree with what you say but I hope it's true.

Capture from the opening:

Capture from episode 5:

Capture from today's episode (6):

In episode 5 the one who got off the car seemed to be a man (plus he was wearing man shoes, so I don't think it's a girl). They look alike but I don't think they are the same person.

Hmm I agree with you..my opinion on the episode has drastically changed lololol
Nov 11, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2008
For those folks who ignored the title of the episode, this was simply about The Baker Street Irregulars discovering what they think is an important mystery and then in the end Sherlock explains it to them.

I wonder if the series will conclude with Sakurako confronting the mystery antagonist at the edge of a waterfall...
Nov 11, 2015 3:25 PM

Mar 2013
Smudy said:
Okay, this episode was great until Sakurako and Shoutarou showed up which was a downer for me. Very refreshing sight with Yuri and the Sensei, their scenes were amazing.

I half-agree. Definitely better before they showed up, but their scenes this episode weren't all that bad, I guess since they were minor.

Definitely first episode this season I have been interested in.
Nov 11, 2015 3:27 PM

Apr 2014
This episode is not as dramatic as the episode before it, it's still good to watch.
Comparing American festival and Japanese festival, American can't match it at all.
I have a dream that one day I will visit Japan and enjoy myself to the fullest.
Nov 11, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
ok this was a disappointing episode. They chalked up the mystery so much even though it was pretty predictable...
Nov 11, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
Burger-Meister said:
MagicMistic32 said:

which is unpleasant

Fix your English please.

This show isn't much to write home about. Perfect Insider and Monogatari get written off as boring by most people but they're far most interesting than this. The episodic structure hurts the show more than it helps. Also, I really hope they don't do another fake mystery because I'm tired of that shit. +1 for lack of transformation sequence though.

+1. Seriously, that fucking sequence, though.
Nov 11, 2015 4:25 PM

May 2015
I thought they were finally going to get the conflict going, and then, this happened. I have no problem with giving the supporting characters some time to shine, but at least let them be useful. This episode didn't accomplish that much other than forcing Yuriko into the "designated love interest" role a little bit more. I unfortunately have a feeling that in a few more episodes, her role is going to be reduced to "pining for Shotaro", who's not the most interesting and developed character himself.
Nov 11, 2015 4:54 PM
May 2015
Mourning Jewelry? Man, this series creator is trying to make something that wasn't really being practice.
Nov 11, 2015 5:41 PM

Jun 2013
I personally didn't like this episode. Maybe its because of Yuriko's interaction with her sensei that I particularly didn't like seeing or that everything that is involved has to involve bones (like in that ring for some reason). Actually, I'm just salty that Yuriko and the main character weren't interacting with each other that much. Could of been something but again its not a romance.
Nov 11, 2015 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
I know who her late-husband worked for...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode since it was from a different point of view with Yuriko taking the main role in this episode along with Isozaki sensei. I do see why people see this as a pointless episode and in a way it kind of was but I see it as an episode to further the character development with these characters and show their different ideals and ways of thinking that will come to affect the story later on. But other than that it was still a pretty cool episode with once again being different from the last and I honestly can't wait to see whats going to come in the next episode.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsMj1a9apC0&feature=youtu.be
Nov 11, 2015 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
This so called "mystery" actually quite easy to solve once you know the ring is a mourning ring and made from bone, of course not everyone can figure this out except for bone otaku like uhh.... Sakurako?

But with a little bit of thinking outside the box, they should have or at least can still reach the conclusion that it's all not about suicide. It just that Yuriko girl have been fooled by her own mind and vision, pale looking and black dressed woman with a goodbye letter on edge of the bridge could indeed easily deceived anyone to thinking that woman is about to committing suicide.

Moreover, once she read the content of the letter, she quickly though it was addressed to that woman's family, friend etc and she also think the woman want to follow her deceased husband in the afterlife because of words marked on the ring, while with a little bit analysis the the truth is the letter and the ring was addressed to her deceased husband as symbolism for her to move on and step on the new life.

It's true that this episode quite pointless on the mater of plot and main characters pair involvement, I think it still bring maybe a message(?) about the mind can deceive you based on the thing you see that doesn't fit with your way of thinking or believe system.

Well, I guess that's what happened to Yuriko in this episode... she and the sensei have opposite attract, she want to think and involved further with the case while the sensei doesn't want to think and involved further. However, they're not getting anywhere or getting closer to the truth (basically like every side characters in detective story) because the misconception that their mind has created... until the sherlock came to the rescue.
Nov 11, 2015 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.
The sensei seems like an interesting guy though, Would like to see more of him.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.