Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2016 1:41 AM
Dec 2015
well that was very dissapointing. i was excited when i started to watch it and then after first episode i just got more and more unexcited about it. Only good thing in it is yuki and yanagi but yet again that in the end was dissapointing because nothing really happened with them in the end. Touka and kakeru is probably the worst anime couple i have seen SO FAR. never enjoyed either character to be honest.
Well yeah 3/10 is what id rate that
Mar 18, 2016 6:54 AM

Feb 2016
actually, i'm not enjoying while watch glasslip
maybe because i'm too idiot to understand these story,
or maybe because this series needs a lot of comprehension
Jan 7, 2018 8:00 PM

Mar 2016
Maybe because it's worse than SAO or Fairy Tail.

I'm just guessing, sorry
Feb 28, 2019 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
kikiabdull said:
Maybe because it's worse than SAO or Fairy Tail.

I'm just guessing, sorry

You’re not wrong...as someone who has seen all three, not only is it worse than SAO or Fairy Tail, it’s SIGNIFICANTLY worse than those two.

This is what I’ll say about it. I am a huge fan of P.A. Works. They are one of my favorite anime studios and two of their anime are in my top 10 anime of all-time. This came out shortly after Nagi no Asukara and considering how much I loved Nagi no Asukara, I was really looking forward to this series. I love paranormal elements and romance anime, so I was really looking forward to what this series could do...

It turned out to be one of the worst anime I’ve ever watched and I’ve watched more than 300 anime series in my lifetime. This series was just so shallow and boring. The characters were about as unlikable as any I’ve seen in anime. There was nothing to these characters for me to get invested in them. The only character I even slightly liked was Touko and even then, she pissed me off a lot considering how many bonehead decisions she makes throughout the series. I thought her “friends” were the worst part of the anime. As I watched, all I could think of, “who would want any of these two-faced bitch asses as their friends?” And this series was supposed to make me feel bad about the rift developing in their friendships? If these were my friends, I’d say Sayonara because I wouldn’t need friends like these in my life. Also, the love interest, Kakeru, was quite possibly one of the most boring characters I’ve ever seen. There was just nothing to him. No character, no personality, nothing.

The series was a dumpster fire and it pains me to say that because I went into it with high expectations. I also think that’s another factor as well. This wasn’t exactly a series people didn’t know about and no one had any expections going in. A lot of people had high expectations and when the series didn’t meet those expectations, people probably hated on it more so than your typical trash produced by someone like Brains Base or Feel. I lowered my expectations as the series progressed and it still couldn’t reach the low bar I set for it by series end. If any other studio produced it, I probably would have dropped it halfway through, but since it was a P.A. Works anime, I held out hope that they could turn it around. They sure didn’t...if nothing else, it only got worse as it progressed.
Dec 28, 2019 10:44 AM
Nov 2017
Cause even though it had beautiful animation it was subpar.

I loved the character designs but most if the characters were intolerable with vague motivations and little substance.

The dialogue was weird.
The ending sucked.
I'm not sure what the hell even happened.
I wanted to love this series and thought I missed something. When I finally started looking online when it was over I discovered I missed nothing's because there was nothing
Feb 28, 2022 4:32 AM
Apr 2020
i just saw this post, i know im late but i watched glasslip completely blind, meaning i dont know anything about the show except the synopsis. and it was interesting at first, but as i watch it, its just a complete mess of a show that tries very hard to come across as a romance with "philosophical" theme and whatnot, also the main pairing is so boring and dull and bland and the girl has literally no personality in her.

so yeah, i hate this show and i also hate myself for wasting my time watching it.
Dec 29, 2022 6:38 PM

Feb 2013
The people who hate this are:
Confused by the story
Didn’t like the ending
Confused by the ending
Were expecting something more story driven instead of a more “slice of life” like story

Any one of those, or all of them. But especially people who hate this:

Open ended stories where YOU have to figure out what happened/what happens.

If there are any unanswered questions, there are going to be A LOT of people who don’t like it.

I personally enjoyed this anime, it’s not for everyone, but I enjoy having to think.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.