Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2012

MAL || BakaUpdates

We will be translating from chapter 10 and onwards. Look forward to this! I sure am >///<

EDIT: Another group took it before we could release chapter 10. Oh well. We will most likely not work on it at all if they continue to release.

Ch1-8 by Sense-Scans, Ch9 by Vortex Scans

MayukaMar 4, 2016 5:11 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 5, 2015 12:56 AM

Jul 2012
oh my god, I'm so happy someones taking interest in translating this!
I was heartbroken when I saw translations had been at a standstill for so long, I really adored what I'd read so far.
thankyou so much!
Dec 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
(...)
MayukaDec 16, 2015 10:14 PM
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Dec 16, 2015 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
Thank you Keiichi! Isn't it really difficult to do all that text formatting though? >< You don't need to stress yourself LOL
Dec 16, 2015 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
Haha, well, perhaps so. But hey, I have to get my act together after being absent for so long, right? So, I'll be fine, don't worry. I'll work hard on 1/11 for the next few days, since I, as much as you and everyone else, really want to claim this series as ours. You can already start assigning somebody to QC after I've progressed some more in the translation, as it's a big chapter and will take some time. This way, we can save time afterwards by doing things at the same time.
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Dec 16, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
To save time and to be more efficient, just write it in this format:

Page 1
Nice cover, Hakase!!
You were well positioned!!

in the order of how someone would normally read it.
For box text, use [ ]
For thoughts, use { }
For a translator note, use (Keiichi: blah blah)
For sfx, use sfx: text here (text here if needs to be explained)

That's what I told Renee and Chinatsu to do and I think it's more time saving XD And I'm QC'ing, since I'm one of the only ones who play soccer here :> I think I'm best for this role as there might be things lost in translation lol
Dec 16, 2015 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Ah yes, that works much better, thanks! I was afraid the typesetter might not always know where the text needs to be put and I've been thinking of a way to make it easier, but you put it nice and simplistic. I'll be sharing my translations using this format from now on.

Oh, you're the QC'er. Glad to work together with you then. ^_- And, you play soccer? That's awesome! I did too... A looooooooong time ago (4 years I think now). I've played everywhere on the field really, from goalkeeper (I sucked, so they gave the position to someone else ;_;) to center forward. I was in my element as a full-back though, more in particular, a right-back. I can still shoot a ball decently now though, obviously. Anyway, do you play it in an actual team or just for fun?
Dec 16, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
No problem :)

The people who I assign as typesetters, I make sure they know what they're doing LOL. I'm expecting them to know what order to read a manga properly :P

Yes! I was a midfielder/def. I wanted to play goalkeeper but I was afraid of getting hurt ^^; I don't play anymore either! It was for elementary/high school. But I was really into the sport to the point where I even learned extra rules and stuff on my free time. I also really like soccer anime/manga~
Dec 16, 2015 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
I can understand, it is kind of scary if you think about it. But, that is just the reason why... you shouldn't think about it. I tend to always dive towards the ball, so as treating it as my prey. I have had personal experience with the fact that it can hurt when you get a ball straight into your face because you're just standing still.

But, I see, you quit too. Personally, I never saw myself playing football at my age now, that's partly the reason why I quit (plus losing interest of course). I just wanted to take things easy at the end of high school. Also, in my last years of soccer, my teammates were dicks. Always acting high and mighty when they were marked as a permanent pawn in every game, scolding people when they make the smallest mistakes. They just made me sick.

You actually made me curious now about what terms the Japanese use to address all the different kinds of positions. I've already encountered one: SB (Side Back) --> full-back, so I can't wait to encounter more.
Dec 16, 2015 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, I quit because I'm not in high school anymore. I also quit music, although I sing with my friends sometimes. I would love to play soccer again but I don't have a team to play with. The university team is hard to get into as the people trying out have more experience than me and I can't really stay dedicated as I don't live on campus and I'm more focused on studies as a second year student.

Funny story, during my first soccer tryouts in elementary school, on our first game.. The defender kicked the ball straight to my face! Omg and it hurt so much. But I didn't cry! So I think that's why I made it on the team. It was a co-ed soccer team and I was one of the only girls who got in it. :D

Yeah, I've never heard full back or even side back being used in soccer o.o I put a note, saying it's a defender position. :P

Also, I'm going to remove your post that has all the translations! Let's keep it a ~secret~ until it's released, lol.
I'll post it in the QC thread.
Dec 25, 2015 11:50 PM
Dec 2015
I just registered because I wanted to thank Eien Scans for picking up this project. I was convinced it would never be finished since the last work was years ago, even though this is an amazing series. Hope everything works out well, and I look forward to reading your works.

Happy Holidays :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Ongoing] Gomen ne Idol-kun

Mayuka - Nov 22, 2015

23 by Mayuka »»
May 23, 2018 9:01 PM

» [Dropped] Major 2nd ( 1 2 )

Mayuka - Feb 15, 2016

73 by Mayuka »»
Apr 28, 2018 9:19 PM

» [Dropped] Days

Mayuka - Aug 4, 2016

12 by Mayuka »»
Dec 4, 2016 8:34 AM

» [Dropped] Tensai Family Company

Mayuka - Nov 8, 2015

1 by Mayuka »»
Nov 1, 2016 12:26 AM

» [Complete] A Small Lie For You

Mayuka - Mar 10, 2016

1 by Mayuka »»
Oct 30, 2016 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.