Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 285 Discussion

Nov 9, 2015 12:34 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Best boy finally appears HNNNGGG but holy fucking shit Jafar and Pipirika O_O

Dem outfits tho......Really loving the pacing so far too

Nov 9, 2015 1:24 AM

Another hint from Jaffar reaction that Sinbad world is not as good as it looks like.

Nov 9, 2015 8:20 AM

This chapter was literally;

"Wow, you're alive!" - [Insert a character here]
"Yeah, I'm alive" - Alibaba

Repeat twice.

Ja'far's reaction was really ominous, yeah. >.> I hope my cinnamon bun didn't go through too much.

The chapter was priceless tho. Grown up Pipirika was a treat to see. Ja'far's and Sinbad's new clothe designs are simply 10/10. Even tho I wanted Sinbad in a suit.

And, even after 3 busy years, Ja'far and Sinbad are still hilarious as ever. I wonder what happened to Hakuryuu, Morg and Aladdin. And Kougyoku. Especially Kougyoku, lol.
The sun is a deadly laser

Nov 9, 2015 12:42 PM

I died when this whole futuristic setting was revealed and I died again when Ja'far appeared in his new outfit

'Cause it's fine as fuck, holy shit

About seeing Sinbad again... well, let's just say I have mixed feelings. He looks good, has a fancy new outfit (slit is until like two centimeters below his crotch but okay no complaints there :'D), and he seems to be doing well, being called the greatest inventor in the universe and all

Yet I wonder if he's the same Sinbad we've grown to love. Ja'far agreed with his policies and was completely faithful to him, but only for 99,5%. There was still a slight uneasiness hiding beneath his loyal demeanor. His past definitely plays a part in that, but I think it also meant he knew what Sinbad was capable of. To me, it's almost like this new Ja'far is a symbol of the old dressed in the new (quite literally), because they have to hide the shreds. If that makes sense

Sinbad really meant well. He really wanted to change the world for the better. But everyone of us agrees you can't do it to that degree in just 3 years. And we saw he wasn't entirely his old self anymore when he was with Arba/Hakuei

I have a feeling Sinbad ripped the world apart and build a freaking shiny mushroom over it, but underneath it the old world is still part alive, just actively getting crushed because SINBAD wants change THIS way

There's even theories speculating he gave up Ja'far to do it, and the Ja'far we see now is a clone

BUT DYING THRICE IS FINE

aslkfjkasljfaf
Whatever happens, I just hope Ja'far makes it out alive at the end ;A;
Modified by Hiina, Nov 9, 2015 12:51 PM

Nov 9, 2015 1:53 PM

Hiina said:

Yet I wonder if he's the same Sinbad we've grown to love. Ja'far agreed with his policies and was completely faithful to him, but only for 99,5%. There was still a slight uneasiness hiding beneath his loyal demeanor. His past definitely plays a part in that, but I think it also meant he knew what Sinbad was capable of. To me, it's almost like this new Ja'far is a symbol of the old dressed in the new (quite literally), because they have to hide the shreds. If that makes sense

Sinbad really meant well. He really wanted to change the world for the better. But everyone of us agrees you can't do it to that degree in just 3 years. And we saw he wasn't entirely his old self anymore when he was with Arba/Hakuei

I have a feeling Sinbad ripped the world apart and build a freaking shiny mushroom over it, but underneath it the old world is still part alive, just actively getting crushed because SINBAD wants change THIS way

There's even theories speculating he gave up Ja'far to do it, and the Ja'far we see now is a clone

BUT DYING THRICE IS FINE

aslkfjkasljfaf
Whatever happens, I just hope Ja'far makes it out alive at the end ;A;

I find the clone speculation hilarious, lol. I can kinda see where it comes from tho.

The first thing on Sinbad's list is always his friend/the people he care about. They're the main reason why he wants to change the world. If he forsakes Ja'far, his close friend/right hand man, in the process, then there's no point in his ambition. He himself, before the time skip, said that he hasn't lost his will and original goal. That, although he's one with David, he still has a mind of his own.

Ofc, Sinbad's methods are still questionable, so that might be the reason for Ja'far's pause. >.<

Nov 9, 2015 4:27 PM

Sinbad has arrived!

Nov 9, 2015 4:52 PM
Lol, people think sinbad killed jafar XD. Never change internet. Also, OMG Papirika is in the main series! Love her in sinbads manga. And I really like seeing good ol comedy here and I'm with the thread OP, this pace is great. Let's keep it slow ohtaka, let us see all if your gorgeous art and ideas without skipping out on anything. Praise be shinobu ohtaka and her awesome manga.

Nov 9, 2015 11:47 PM

Okay, so I was able to read the half of the raws (and when I mean read I actually mean stare at the pretty pictures) all I can say is, god damn Jafar looks fine.

Nov 10, 2015 11:19 AM

I love Ja'far's outfit so much.

"Ja'far you haven't changed" makes me think maybe they found a way to actually prevent the body from aging. I mean with how advanced the world is now its very likely.

Pipirika! Thats one character I do not have to worry about in the SnB manga. Dang she looks really hot now. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Nov 10, 2015 7:42 PM

UHH ANY NICE PERSON WANNA TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED AND BRIEFLY TRANSLATE EVERY PAGE FOR ME
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Nov 10, 2015 7:42 PM

mira-nyan said:
This chapter was literally;

"Wow, you're alive!" - [Insert a character here]
"Yeah, I'm alive" - Alibaba

Repeat twice.

Ja'far's reaction was really ominous, yeah. >.> I hope my cinnamon bun didn't go through too much.

The chapter was priceless tho. Grown up Pipirika was a treat to see. Ja'far's and Sinbad's new clothe designs are simply 10/10. Even tho I wanted Sinbad in a suit.

And, even after 3 busy years, Ja'far and Sinbad are still hilarious as ever. I wonder what happened to Hakuryuu, Morg and Aladdin. And Kougyoku. Especially Kougyoku, lol.
IM MORE WORRIED ABOUT HAKUEI. IS SHE DEAD OR WAT
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Nov 10, 2015 10:34 PM

abyss333 said:
UHH ANY NICE PERSON WANNA TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED AND BRIEFLY TRANSLATE EVERY PAGE FOR ME

Here:

It starts with Alibaba talking with some receptionist, who tells him
that the President of the Sindria company, Sinbad, has a busy schedule
and he'll have to wait 8 months for an appointment.

Alibaba says that he already waited 3 years and cannot wait 8 months to meet Sinbad or something like that.

Just as he's talking he notices an Immuchak (he doesn't recognize
Pipirika) and she's the one who recognizes him. She wonders how it's
possible that he's alive, that they were told that he's dead. She's the
one who reminds him that she was one of Jaafar's assistants.She tells
him she's Jaafar's right hand now.

She then calls Jaafar on the shell phone, and they both go to meet him.
Same thing happens, Jaafar is surprised to see that Alibaba is alive.
Long story short he tells him that he can manage to get a meeting with
Sinbad, only for 30 minutes since he's so busy.

After that they head to Sinbad's office. And when Sinbad sees Alibaba
the same thing happens again, he's surprised to see that Alibaba is
alive etc.

And the chapters ends.

*Someone else's summary*

So basically, what I said in my first post.

Also, they praised Sin as 'the world's greatest innovator'. Gotta remember that. :^ )

Nov 15, 2015 10:39 AM
Which sites have this chapter already uploaded? Could someone tell me, please?

@Abyss333: Please don't double-post. Also, could you cut back on the All-Caps?

Nov 15, 2015 11:18 AM

DragonOsman said:
Which sites have this chapter already uploaded? Could someone tell me, please?

@Abyss333: Please don't double-post. Also, could you cut back on the All-Caps?

I dunno. But mangafox hasn't updated and it's normally the site that uploads new chapters first, if not one of the sites.

However~ The fully translated chapter(bearing in mind that there will be grammar mistakes) here: http://imgur.com/a/AAI44

Credits go to the people that translated.

Nov 15, 2015 8:27 PM

Wow we get to see Pipirika as a focused on character in the main series? Nice :D

Holy shit Sin and Jaafar are friggin big shots now lol

But ur telling me Sin didn't know about Yunan taking Alibaba's body and his possible revival? I can't believe that just yet. It's Sin! he probably has everything under his keikaku....r-r-right?

If he really didn't know and that wasn't acting then color me surprised.

PS. Hafar and Sin have too much friggin swag right now lol

Nov 16, 2015 6:49 AM

Lol, I just find it amusing how they react about finding out Alibaba is alive this chapter. Seems like a steady pacing so far. I'm really curious to see what else happened to the other major characters though.

Nov 16, 2015 8:00 AM
Anime Moderator
Master Öqvily

Hm this chapter was acceptable but I still want Sinbad and Alibaba dead.

Nov 16, 2015 8:58 AM
Bye bye Magi... worst timeskip i've ever seen so far

Nov 16, 2015 9:33 AM

Nice COMEDY chapter.

Them sea shells phones tho wtf.

Nov 16, 2015 10:15 AM

Love the reactions when they saw Alibaba

Nov 16, 2015 10:47 AM

So everyone was shocked haha completly hilarious :D Can't wait for Alibaba and Morgiana Reunion :D

Nov 16, 2015 12:56 PM

Finally the man of the hour Sinbad, appears!

It's about damn time Pipirika made an appearance in the main story, hopefully we'll see more of her.

I'm really digging Ja'far's new design, it's way better than his old one.
Nakukoro said:

You spelled Fairy Tail wrong.

Nov 16, 2015 2:01 PM
Maki's arms

This new arc and setting is incredibly jarring so far.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 17, 2015 3:43 PM
fun chapter.
lol the running gag about alibaba ressurection.
sure the city become a coruscant, minority report clone.

Nov 17, 2015 7:39 PM
I just want to see teen Aladdin and Morg already

Nov 17, 2015 7:41 PM

Kryptiq said:
Nakukoro said:

You spelled Magi wrong.

No they didn't

Nov 17, 2015 7:43 PM

G_Spark233 said:
Kryptiq said:

You spelled Magi wrong.

No they didn't
Yes they did

Nov 17, 2015 7:48 PM

Tokoya said:
G_Spark233 said:

No they didn't
Yes they did

You sure?

Nov 17, 2015 7:49 PM

G_Spark233 said:
Tokoya said:
Yes they did

You sure?
This timeskip has by no means been shit at all......I dunno what that guy is even getting at with this shit

But I disagree with the FT statement as well for the most part

Nov 17, 2015 7:54 PM

Tokoya said:
G_Spark233 said:

You sure?
This timeskip has by no means been shit at all......I dunno what that guy is even getting at with this shit

But I disagree with the FT statement as well for the most part

I can understand why people may think the jump in technological is stupid and don't like the timeskip because of it. I don't hate it but it's pretty jarring :/

Nov 20, 2015 8:43 AM

here we go again with "You Weren't Dead".

Nov 20, 2015 9:09 AM

So stupid and lazy. Typical bait for sheep who want flashy shit to gush about. THis timeskip killed everything that made Magi Magi

Nov 20, 2015 11:31 AM

This was slightly confusing to read, but interesting so far.

Nov 21, 2015 1:49 AM

Whew, I finally caught up ^^
Nice to see Pipirika again :o
This whole timeskip thing...I really hate how they handled it...the old world was way better than this crap.
Modified by nerfx, Nov 21, 2015 1:54 AM

Feb 12, 2018 2:38 AM

aaa weren't you dead xD
I want to have girlfriend like Perucia