Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2015 12:18 PM

Mar 2014
I think that this anime is a bit underrated, I don't know, but I feel that Comet Lucifer not is weird... :/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2015 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
It has a little girl and slice of life moments.
Nov 8, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
YEROCKY said:
Dancing Vegetables are offensive.

LOL, but this is not at all the most important of the anime. I think people are underrating all this show so much... and is a original anime, a bit more support could be good...
Nov 8, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
It;s a decent series so far, it's got some harsh opinions from MAL yet shite like Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai is somehow rated higher even though it's the most generic anime of the season.

Maybe people though this was going to be a different type of story who knows. I'm enjoying it anyway.
Nov 8, 2015 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
Crashmatt said:
It;s a decent series so far, it's got some harsh opinions from MAL yet shite like Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai is somehow rated higher even though it's the most generic anime of the season.

Maybe people though this was going to be a different type of story who knows. I'm enjoying it anyway.

Yeah, but if people who going to this anime for something different must not rate this with any score and go away... no? :/
Nov 8, 2015 4:01 PM

May 2014
Crashmatt said:

Yeah same here, I don't know about this Taimadou Gakuen though.
I was expecting something special, it turned out to be some kinda mecha series though :p
But I can't deny that I'm enjoying it.
Nov 8, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2015
After 6 episodes I still don't get the purpose of Felia or even the plot of the story. Other than the military guy looking for Felia for some reason. A harem anime is very excusable on being random without plot, but I expected more from an action/adventure anime.

Nov 8, 2015 5:12 PM

Mar 2008
Why would you care about the rating as long as you enjoy it? Having bigger or lower rating wont change a thing. This anime isnt for everybody, I think that that is obvious. I personally like this "journey to the west" vibe it has and i couldnt care less what rating it has from others.
Nov 8, 2015 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
DarklordVor said:
After 6 episodes I still don't get the purpose of Felia or even the plot of the story. Other than the military guy looking for Felia for some reason. A harem anime is very excusable on being random without plot, but I expected more from an action/adventure anime.

Plot isn't the be all end all.
Nov 9, 2015 3:50 AM

Apr 2011
People will always find reasons to hate. Its not for everyone after all.
Nov 9, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2012
FranMagius said:
YEROCKY said:
Dancing Vegetables are offensive.

LOL, but this is not at all the most important of the anime. I think people are underrating all this show so much... and is a original anime, a bit more support could be good...

LOL people will support something they think it's good. Comet Lucifer so far is average at best. Characters are boring or annoying, the plot is almost non existent so far and the pace of the anime is horrible. The anime is 12 episodes long and most of the episodes so far were spent with random or boring things instead of developing more the story.

The mechas fighting scenes are the only saving grace so far. This is the type of anime you watch once and forget about it.
KaeUBWNov 9, 2015 10:07 PM
I despise woke people.
Nov 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2015
It really doesn't deserve the hate, but it doesn't deserve much praise either. Nothing has really happened.. Bad guys chasing a girl for unknown reasons, never heard of that before. The characters are boring and the plot is somewhat non existent. I'm not a fan of mechas but the fights have been interesting I guess.

Maybe it'll pick up before it ends, but I don't think anything can really save how shitty the first 1/2 was.
Nov 15, 2015 12:17 PM

Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:

^
This
and i kinda dislike the drama.
Nov 15, 2015 5:04 PM

Sep 2015
It's not bad, as such. But I really couldn't call it good. It just seems like it's too confused about what genre it wants to be.

One minute there's mechas fighting another, the next there's a 2 minute scene where a loli is just making vegetables float around in the air, in what is supposedly meant to be a cute / endearing fashion.

I'm not really enjoying it because I can't seem to find the point to it. The plot hasn't really been explained, the antagonists are generic psycho-rapists, and yeah, it just leaves much to be wanted.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Nov 15, 2015 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
The story and script suck hard, that's why. Other than that, it's good and superb at times.
removed-userNov 16, 2015 4:52 AM
Nov 15, 2015 6:37 PM

Nov 2012
they made Felia a non loli,literally taking away the only appeal this show had.

Now it's down to a 3/10 because of that.
Nov 16, 2015 9:28 PM

Nov 2015
This anime is definitely underrated and is getting nowhere near as much love as it deserves. At least I get much more fun out of this one then from that crappy generic new Gundam cash cow release that everybody hypes up for no reason.
Nov 17, 2015 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
Lol it's this seasons Charlotte. Convoluted crap.
Nov 17, 2015 12:18 PM

May 2012
Tom_Kosken said:
This anime is definitely underrated and is getting nowhere near as much love as it deserves. At least I get much more fun out of this one then from that crappy generic new Gundam cash cow release that everybody hypes up for no reason.

It's not underrated. There is nothing good in it to rate it high. Sure if you are into Felia you may find it interesting.
I despise woke people.
Nov 18, 2015 12:40 PM

Nov 2015
Kaetokiha said:
Tom_Kosken said:

It's not underrated. There is nothing good in it to rate it high. Sure if you are into Felia you may find it interesting.

Well we agree to disagree then. That's fine with me.

Now to address the next part.
To be honest I am more into Kaon but I wouldn't mind Felia either. I just can't decide which version of Fella I prefer.

Though my favourite character here is Mora followed by Do Mon. That guy dragged a huge pot of curry in to mountains like a total boss.
Meanwhile still waiting for Mora, is it her (or it?), to get an upgrade and a third form. Preferably a hot girl form and a mecha upgrade. Should they pull a mecha musume I'd be all over it lol but that is unlikely.
Nov 22, 2015 7:29 AM

May 2009
davinci12 said:

It's nowhere near popular as Charlotte, also what's so convoluted? Seems simple for me.
Nov 22, 2015 12:22 PM
Apr 2011
The world building, characterization and storytelling are all pretty crappy. The whole thing feels like it was ad libbed by a teen.
Nov 22, 2015 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
davinci12 said:

It's nowhere near popular as Charlotte, also what's so convoluted? Seems simple for me.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about its crappiness.
Nov 22, 2015 2:42 PM

Aug 2015
rly i think the story is mostly generic, but the visuals are nice and I like the charakter designs. Also it does not have as much Plot Holes or Plot Devices as for example SAO.
I don't understand the hate. Maybe some just love to hate. Still the best part for me about the hate is how its presented, because most of the times its just "It's crap the Story is bad". Why do you think its bad would suit better.
Nov 24, 2015 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
incosistency is main problem in this series, AT EVERYTHING!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 24, 2015 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
Kuma said:
incosistency is main problem in this series, AT EVERYTHING!

What inconsistency? I'm genuinely curious.
Nov 24, 2015 5:15 AM

Jan 2014
When a few minutes of flashback and mini-villain exposition scenes become way more interesting than the actual storyline, I can't see why we don't have a problem.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2015 8:47 AM
Nov 2015
The reason there's "all this hate" is because the show is a piece of crap (imo, at least).
I'll be honest, the first episode wasn't bad. It got me interested. But I wanted a justification for the events, and the events to occur (plot line, characters, motives, etc) but any sort of justification never came. It just carries on, never explaining what the hell's going on and why. Besides all this, the characters are weird as hell! They have unreasonable and unrealistic responses to the events that occur. For example, the characters basically had little reaction and questioned little after being attacked by a giant mecha, and finding a strange girl with psychic powers (that just materialized out of some crystals, mind you). Then they just randomly decide to bring her in and adopt her, unquestioning. After episode 2, I dropped the show, just because I saw where this was heading an foresaw a very predictable plot line (plus I wouldn't be able to stand another 8 episodes of this sad show trying to do anything or go anywhere, like watching a dazed dog hobble around after being hit by a car). Please, tell me if the show drastically improved after episode 2, gave some reasons for events and motives, gave the characters at least some realism, and explained what was going on, or if it just picked itself up and starting stumbling somewhere to just lay down and die forgotten. I'll guess it was the latter.
Nov 24, 2015 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
2falconskrubs said:
The reason there's "all this hate" is because the show is a piece of crap (imo, at least).
I'll be honest, the first episode wasn't bad. It got me interested. But I wanted a justification for the events, and the events to occur (plot line, characters, motives, etc) but any sort of justification never came. It just carries on, never explaining what the hell's going on and why. Besides all this, the characters are weird as hell! They have unreasonable and unrealistic responses to the events that occur. For example, the characters basically had little reaction and questioned little after being attacked by a giant mecha, and finding a strange girl with psychic powers (that just materialized out of some crystals, mind you). Then they just randomly decide to bring her in and adopt her, unquestioning. After episode 2, I dropped the show, just because I saw where this was heading an foresaw a very predictable plot line (plus I wouldn't be able to stand another 8 episodes of this sad show trying to do anything or go anywhere, like watching a dazed dog hobble around after being hit by a car). Please, tell me if the show drastically improved after episode 2, gave some reasons for events and motives, gave the characters at least some realism, and explained what was going on, or if it just picked itself up and starting stumbling somewhere to just lay down and die forgotten. I'll guess it was the latter.

Probably if you see the 8 episode could "some" answers :)! Someone who only see until episode 2 doesn't know nothing ^^.
Nov 25, 2015 3:18 PM
Nov 2015
FranMagius said:
2falconskrubs said:

Probably if you see the 8 episode could "some" answers :)! Someone who only see until episode 2 doesn't know nothing ^^.

I don't know man, that's not very convincing. Based off of where the show was heading, I'm not sure if just "some answers" are enough to make me pick it up again.
Dec 6, 2015 1:16 AM

Jan 2014
8bit+original anime=Doomed to be a failure

It amazes me when i see people expected this one to be an actually coherent show...Seriously,the last anime original thing 8bit did was episode 7 of Grisaia no Kajitsu and that was so bad it was hilarious...
Dec 6, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2008
2falconskrubs said:

Honestly, it has not improved, at all.
Tenth episode was so fucking boring, the mecha fights, while being decent, was exceptionally predictable. There was not even a point to drag the fight out, they could just have skipped the whole "trying to defeat the enemy" and go straight to the conclusion of "I got owned and the girl I tried to protect was finally stolen from me".

There has been 0 character or plot development and character actions make 0 sense. The only character with plot development and sensible actions got a completely pointless death. Seriously, I would prefer to suffer all 24 episodes of Aldnoah Zero instead of having to watch this crap.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Dec 6, 2015 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
ichii_1 said:

And?
Crashmatt said:

This is really sad, but pretty normal (not only on MAL), in 90% of cases most hyped series are the shittest one.
davinci12 said:

And what's wrong with Charlotte?
rsc-plDec 6, 2015 7:40 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 6, 2015 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
rsc-pl said:

It's fuckin garbage
Dec 6, 2015 7:51 AM

Aug 2013
robis798 said:
rsc-pl said:

It's fuckin garbage

No, it's not.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 6, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2015
First 4 episodes were unimportant and most of the characters act like idiots 90% of the time.
Dec 6, 2015 9:12 AM

Dec 2013
rsc-pl said:
robis798 said:

It's fuckin garbage

No, it's not.

My objective metrics tell it is
Dec 6, 2015 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
rsc-pl said:
ichii_1 said:

And?

That's it, it's like all the super action junkies and anti moe people watched this for some reason.
Dec 6, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:
rsc-pl said:

And?

That's it, it's like all the super action junkies and anti moe people watched this for some reason.
Because this one didnt gave a moe anime image before it actually started..And it is not even a true moe anime,it tries to mix moe with serious stuff and that always irritates people even if it has a good plot or setting(Gakkou Gurashi)...In this case it doesnt have a good plot either so:

-Too serious to be moe
-Too moe to be serious
-Doesnt have a good plot to compensate
Dec 6, 2015 2:42 PM

Sep 2014
I can't find any of the characters likeable, and this show is all over the place.
I lost all expectations once there was the dancing foods.
Dec 6, 2015 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
People like to just hate on anything for the sake of hating.

The plot, Felia and Moura's purpose has been explained. Sogo's mother and Do Mon and Gus have all had their pasts explained.

It was SoL back when they were just harboring a mysterious loli, and became more adventure with a bit of action when they had to get to the alter to stop her from draining her powers and dying.

People saying the story is random and all over the place are just saying stupid shit simply because they dislike the show. The story itself has been pretty damn linear, and the genres have evolved and adapted to whatever the story has grown into. What started out SoL has now evolved into mecha battles, death, political power struggles, etc.

Basically people hate a show when A: the genres changes to more than one thing and their brain cant comprehend it, and B: The plot isn't spoon fed to them and completely revealed within the first 6 episodes of a show.
Dec 7, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
LoneWizard said:
ichii_1 said:

Because this one didnt gave a moe anime image before it actually started..And it is not even a true moe anime,it tries to mix moe with serious stuff and that always irritates people even if it has a good plot or setting(Gakkou Gurashi)...In this case it doesnt have a good plot either so:

-Too serious to be moe
-Too moe to be serious
-Doesnt have a good plot to compensate

Moe and serious stuff are not a conflicting thing. Really.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
rsc-pl said:
Moe and serious stuff are not a conflicting thing. Really.
It is...For most people...Just go read some other serious moe episode threads...Really...
Dec 10, 2015 9:27 AM

Sep 2008
FranMagius said:

You shouldn't have to watch 8 episodes of a 12 episode show for it to have some sort of answers or be any good. After 4 episodes, you can basically tell none of the characters gives a sh!t. You have a girl popping out of a crystal, only to be attacked by a giant mecha that they just barely escape from. Next 2 or 3 episodes they don't even care to figure out why, and whenever she uses her magical powers they just go

http://orig02.deviantart.net/6f60/f/2010/300/2/4/oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

Hell, she gets attacked in broad daylight and the next episode they leave her alone during a storm, only for her to get kidnapped because some how no one expects the people trying to come after her are going to keep trying...

As for the Shoutai 35 series, it may be a harem, but it's had more character developement (and characters that actually learn from what goes on around them) in a shorter period.
Dec 10, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2014
So... I gave up on this anime after 4 episodes.
Now that we are with 10 released episodes, someone can tell me if it's worth watching it again or not?
Dec 10, 2015 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
I'm amazed how some people keep defending this as if there were something really good in this series.

I'm not going to negate the fact that it is entertaining at least, but that's all.

The writting in this series is terrible, and the audiovisuals are so-so, i think it deserves his score.
Dec 11, 2015 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:

Plot isn't the be all end all.

Horrible writing is, because it ruins what there could be. Every episode until I dropped it at 8 had a whole lot of moments that literally pulled me right out of the story going "what the fuck? Really?" Like when Sougo's locked up by that psycho guy, and he just fucking crawls out of a vent shaft right above him. And that he runs through bullets towards Felia. Then later on theyre going to the fountain of the abyss so that Felia can return to a child whose only vocabulary is "sougo" and they stop by at a wedding. And when its invaded, the villagers throw fucking pebbles at the giant robots and all of a sudden their pilots are like "RETREAT! RETREAT!"

I really, really wanted Comet Lucifer to be good. It reminded me of kyousougiga which had a plot like "woah wtf is going on and why am I having so much fun?" but god the way it applied any reason was just bad. Someone else had put it perfectly.
"I am Sougo. I do not care who Felia is. I never question Mora. I never care why my hand lights up when he becomes robot. I will run and cry 'Felia, Felia', even if they have automatic gun shooting at me."
"I am Felia. I will cry 'Sougo, Sougo' and emit purple light."
"I am Typhoon. I will rain a bit. Then snow a bit. Thus prevent ultra high tech aircraft from landing. Then disappear."
"I am mysterious ruling organization of astrologers. I will appear at random moments to make you feel this show have a plot."
"I am Mora, I will never explain anything and will go robot and back at random moments. And lose all the time."
"I am psycho killer, I will kill room full of people, but then imprison one guy in a room with open ventilation shaft. And then go into robot to kill this guy with giant knife."
"I am military guy. I want to fight robot. I will hire psycho killer and pathetic hacker and kidnap a girl. And jump into robot asap."
EAT SH!T AND LIVE
Dec 13, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
I was a defender of this show during its first cour, then I realized that the good parts of the show aren't even relevant to the main story.

The show, as a whole, is very generic. Its not even entertaining ala say Monster Musume, the show is incredibly mindless and vapid and none of the characters are even remotely interesting. (Well except Do Mon, who sadly couldn't develop as much as he could because he got killed by an asspull) The characters just act randomly to satisfy the plot and there's not even a hint of growth. Either that or they are like Felia and are practically useless plot devices. (She never uses her psychic powers to defend herself; And while yes we can assume the powers don't work on animate objects, she could at least use objects around here to attack) I do like some moments such as the SOL antics, but this show is serious first and foremost. Speaking of the story, while yes it does explain things, it never explains them fully enough and hell some things are left unanswered. (Like how guardians can switch forms at their own free will) That and it went in a formulaic route of "Sogo and friends go to some place. Research facility attacks them." for several episodes and after that started rushing things. (That and stuff that make no sense; Particularly a lot of things that happen with the character Gus)

The show's far from the worst I've seen, but its just a cesspool of mediocrity that struggles to reach its true potential. (But with 1 episode left it could somewhat make or break the series; but looking at what happened with other anime originals this year such as Charlotte, not really keeping my hopes up)
Dec 13, 2015 12:24 PM
Dec 2011
Outside of the CG mecha animation and music, it's just not very good.
Dec 13, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
Is this even a question anymore after the trainwreck of episode 11?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

160 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Mar 28, 2022 7:24 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

152 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:15 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

161 by syncrogazer »»
May 2, 2019 7:04 AM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2015

61 by haydnwright »»
Dec 1, 2017 8:12 PM

Poll: » Comet Lucifer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2015

62 by Hannah_Ana »»
Sep 18, 2017 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.