Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2015 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
Ok episode, easily the weakest one for me so far. I'm just not really happy with how they handled Dee's death. Just a couple tears in the corner of their eyes and then they went on like nothing happened. If anything they used his death just to get some money out of it. I guess it would be kinda weird to have an overdramatic death scene that would break the whole mood of what the episode was going for, but then I would ask what the hell was the point of Dee dying in the first place?

It was kinda cool how the whole thing felt like a big homage to the peace and love times of the 60's, though.

Definitely a filler episode, but not a terrible one. Hopefully they use the time that this bought them to keep the main story compelling and interesting.
Nov 17, 2015 12:57 PM
Mar 2014
I liked this episode a lot, except the bit at the end where they almost completely ignored their friend's death. like, wut.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 17, 2015 12:57 PM
Mar 2014
LauraBirdie said:
DPXJube said:
The best part of this episode was how their friend and bandmate just FUCKING DIED and absolutely NOBODY gives a shit. They spend more time using him as collateral for blackmail money then even mentioning that the guy just kicked it
"Where's Dee?"
"lol he's ded"

The episode was fine until that happened, ruined the entire episode for me

pretty much this
there was no reason for him to die, at least I hope he somehow comes back later and their 'lol idgaf' behavior was because they knew he was still alive. otherwise that ruined a great episode.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 17, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2014
This was a good episode. A very noticeable one at that. It kinda stood out. I don't know why though. :p
Nov 20, 2015 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
A nice episode, although Dee's death was sad. Seeing the band keep on making everyone laugh was uplifting.
Nov 22, 2015 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Fuurota, he takes way too much shit for a child.
Nov 28, 2015 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
i don't think those superhumans were funny at all. At this point of the show is easy to see when they are showing the past and when is the present.
i think they lost the purpose of this anime introducing a bunch of characters and letting the story in second spot
Jan 1, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
still didn't watch the episode, but following last one, i decided to take a look at the opening, which i'll remember you, is made specifically for the anime(as almost all anime openings) and i think its pretty clear by now what the opening meant, that yes, jiro will leave the bearue because of all the lies and the fact that what he believed was justice actually wasn't, but also for some more hidden reason, that will probably be shown in the last episodes and very subtly hinted in the next ones.
Jan 6, 2016 12:42 AM
Nov 2010
The ad agency woman was more shocked by Dee's death than the band members, it felt kind of awkward.
Feb 1, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2012
Fairly okay episode, not a too huge fan of it to be honest, let's see what's next!
Mar 5, 2016 10:36 PM

Feb 2014
That ad agency really has some bad plans, but they got stopped by a comic band. Things got serious when Dee died though..
Apr 7, 2016 6:41 AM

Nov 2008
That was awful...
Jul 26, 2016 5:58 PM

Sep 2013
coronene said:
anyway I've borrowed someone's timeline from an earlier thread and updated it. Do let me know if I messed up anywhere!

TIMELINE SO FAR:

Year 14, Oct - jiro's foster father is sent to an island in the indian ocean on imperial orders, encounters gagon
Year 17, Aug - US army sends superhumans to fight gagon

Year 29, Nov - tokyo burns. (as a result of jiro's powers?)

Year 34, Jan - tokyo attacked by giganto gon, saved by Rainbow Knight

Year 41, Jan - Grosse Augen appears for the first time in fukushima
Year 41, Jun - concert at nippon budoukan awakens superhuman powers in large numbers of young people
Year 41, Jul - Mahou Shoujo Kikko joins Bureau // Grosse Augen leaves earth. kaiju appearances on the rise
Year 41, Aug - Ghost Fuurouta joins Bureau
Year 41, Nov - nihon kaiju denpa incident

Year 42, Feb - Detective Shiba meets Meiko
Year 42, Apr - "master ultima back from mars", US planning on using kaiju for military purposes. nihon kaiju denpa incident seemingly resolved when Jiro destroys the factory.
Year 42, Jul - master ultima's space beasts have been reproduced for military. beast dies at US base in okinawa, carcass stolen
Year 42, Aug - megagon is created from stolen carcass, and rampages and kills humans during student rally. end of "beast craze".
Year 42, Oct - fuurouta goes undercover as an assistant at sugimoto productions.
Year 42, Nov - onaga confectionery/SugiPro/imperial ad agency plan to sell chocolate laced with superhuman-factor suppressing drug Nainorin is foiled by Mountain Horse.

Year ??, ??? - Jiro leaves Bureau.

Year 44, Oct - fuurouta meets fugitive Jiro, who has come to see Mountain Horse. Jiro confirmed to be gathering superhumans to his cause
Year 46, Apr - Kikko confronts fugitive Jiro
Year 47, Feb - Former Detective Shiba stopped by Jiro
Year 48, Aug - Fuurouta attacked by Campe and saved by Jiro

Thanks for that. Nice filler to show a little bit more of superhumans, organizations and Jiro. Really enjoyed it apart from the lack of reactions when dude died.
Sep 1, 2017 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
Holy crap! His hair looks like the tip of a penis.
Dat explosion!
lol at Freeze just chill after hearing Dee died.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 10, 2018 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Uh ... so I haven't watched this show in a while, and man I don't remember the main characters in this episode at all XD I do kind of like what he said about not having to always be first-rate though, but there was like no reaction when Dee died at all O_O I wasn't even sure if he DID die or not because of the lack of reaction ... welp. The "power of music" was really strong in this episode, I was reminded of the Beatles in the first bit where it "opened your mind" XD I guess this was more of a side story that kind of showed how the Bureau kind of gets involved in other things too. Well, I'm probably missing something, or they might just be one-of characters for this episode which would work too :P
Mar 21, 2018 12:26 AM
Mar 2017
I really appreciate those who do the time chronology
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 29, 2022 2:05 AM

Aug 2017
So we got a reference to Ranpo's "The Human Chair", huh.

It's interesting that in this alternative reality Japan is still referred to as an Empire, but the US is still present somewhere. I thought to substitute this "Shinka" era with Showa and start counting years from 1926 (so Year 14 would be somewhat analogoues to 1940, etc). The technological levels are different though.
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM

Dec 2018
what was that scooby doo crap?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

71 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 10:04 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

106 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

104 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 18, 2022 6:16 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2015

39 by Rei_III »»
Jul 10, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.