Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like a breather episode.

Not much action this week but I'm okay with the set up. In addition, we got more Aina bonding with the others especially Mika and the kids. The bromance between Mika and Orga is also a refreshing sight to see~

Stark700Nov 8, 2015 12:39 AM
Nov 8, 2015 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
no action this episode, but from the preview of next episode there will be action and i think they will meet their future connection to that Teiwaz company

and there is a hot morena/tanned girl coming next episode too
Nov 8, 2015 3:17 AM
Feb 2015
A nice breather episode. Good to see that we're not just seeing Tom & Jerry chase from Tekkadan & Gjallahorn.
Nov 8, 2015 3:35 AM
Aug 2015
Yeah, I think I'm seeing a pattern here; action, breather, action ,breather.

Also, 72 Gundams? Holy shit, why did they ditch those for them grunts suits? Are there gonna be more Gundams showing up? Is the final boss gonna pilot a Gundam and have a duel like at the end of Turn A?

Also, Ahab reactors fuck up radars? Like Minovski reactors?

That glasses girl showed her surprisingly hidden talent, of knowing how to be a communications operator.

And as the show goes on, I see Mika and Kudelia having that Setsuna-Marina relationship, except for the fact that they are gonna have some solid interactions, and I really think he's gonna be with Atra by the end, if she lives that is.
Nov 8, 2015 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Mikazuki sure is strong and cool!
Nov 8, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2015
No action this week but we got more bromance between Orga and Mikazuki. It's nice to see Fumitan with her new role as communication operator but I hope she doesn't betrays them them later. Her stare makes me feel uneasy. Ricardo Fellini is coming up next!
Nov 8, 2015 4:24 AM

Apr 2012
I like Aina teaching the kids.

Good breather ep, can't wait for the next ep.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 8, 2015 4:58 AM
Jul 2014
Fumitan seems a bit iffy, but idk since she hasn't gotten any screentime yet.

And that guy hellbent on revenge is going to meet his end soon I swear. Rash+short-tempered = death flag? :/
Nov 8, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
Good breather episode and seems like we're getting actions again in the next one. Fumitan's stare when Orga told her to handle things when he's gone seems a bit suspicious. Let's hope she's not some sort of a double agent.

Ken_Chen said:
Also, 72 Gundams? Holy shit, why did they ditch those for them grunts suits? Are there gonna be more Gundams showing up? Is the final boss gonna pilot a Gundam and have a duel like at the end of Turn A?

Also, Ahab reactors fuck up radars? Like Minovski reactors?

Just a trivia, the 72 Gundams are based on the 72 Ars Goetia Demons and their names are too (Barbatos, Kimaris, Gusion). The anime still didn't cover this probably but I've read somewhere that it's really difficult and dangerous to pilot because of the frame using 2 Ahab Reactors in parallel instead of only one like the Graze which is a feat in itself. You can see blood coming out of Mikazuki when he first piloted it. That's why it was only used as a power generator back in the CGS base. Most of the Gundams are either destroyed or lost in the Calamity War so we might not even get to see ten of them in the series.

Yeah, Ahab reactors can mess up the radar. It was already revealed in the first episode with them using transponders and all with the Gjallarhorn inspectors and when Biscuit activated that decoy flares on First Division's vehicles.
EasyGo-erNov 8, 2015 5:23 AM

Nov 8, 2015 5:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So the pimp looking guy and the hot lady from the OP makes their full appearances next week =o

This week's episode was pretty chill and I really liked all of the little moments like MIka and the kids learning how to read and write as well as hearing about Kudelia's goal and then that talk between Mika and Orga at the end

I'm liking how now everyone including the maid is having a great role in the ship now too.....Plus that thing about there being 72 Gundams is interesting and I really want to hopefully see more Gundams being piloted sometime in the future
Nov 8, 2015 5:33 AM

Jun 2013
I wish there was some place to read up into much greater depth about the current political and economic situation between the Earth divisions and Jupiter / Mars. There's only so much you can say in an episode, but they should put out documents on their website or something.

It's really more of a problem with how Gundam operates, I feel like it either takes forever to learn about details, even old UC stuff hasn't been thoroughly covered, or they just plain don't go into it at all. The Origin helped with that somewhat, but still. Give me more info.
Nov 8, 2015 5:43 AM

Aug 2010
I really love Mika and Orga's relationship.
The way Orga views Mika as his motivation and he can't disappoint him is really nice. I fear that one of his reckless acts will cause his death in the future.

Mika's development is nice. Wanting to learn how to read and help out with maintenance. Also his dream of having a farm wasn't what I expected XD

Also loving Kudelia's point of view to everything going on.

Good info about the Gundams too. So we have 72 of them? Should be interesting to see more of them in the future.

Looks like we'll be getting quite some nice action nxt week.
Nov 8, 2015 6:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kudelia is my favourite character right now. Bold and great act from her to teach the kids how to read and write.
Nov 8, 2015 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
Loving the set up episodes as much as the action ones cause the interactions and dialogues between the characters are amazing, even the Gjallahorn guys. Can't wait for the next ep!
Nov 8, 2015 6:22 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was a breather of sorts. Still, so entertaining. This show never lets down.

Mikazuki's and Orga's relationship is really interesting. Mikazuki is a strong willed person, but only if Orga stays as his "brother figure" of sorts. Orga in turn has a huge pressure on his shoulders because of this. Kudelia teaching the kids how to read was a nice idea.

Just in general, the character interaction in G Tekketsu is among the best I've seen from Gundam
Nov 8, 2015 6:24 AM

Dec 2014
Chill episode, so far there's been this pattern of action then breather.

I want the full ED to come out already :(
Nov 8, 2015 7:04 AM
Jun 2015
Pretty relaxing episode this week. Good way to start a Sunday morning, I must say. Just grabbing a cup of coffee, kicking your feet up like a boss, and enjoying the show.

Pretty cute seeing Aina offer to teach the kids and stuff. Nice to see that she's really trying to be useful in any way she can.
okqoiwfklweNov 8, 2015 7:07 AM
Nov 8, 2015 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
I really like how once again the show takes time to develop characters and give a little bit more insight into the past and current political situations. Also we get to see that everyone onboard has a job to do

I was expecting Mikazuki to decline Kudelia's offer to learn how to read and write, but he didn't. The scene with everyone writing was kind of cute
Nov 8, 2015 8:10 AM
Jan 2013
Nice breather episode
Nov 8, 2015 9:00 AM

Dec 2011
them Mikazuki's eyes.......
Nov 8, 2015 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
Another good episode. Pacing done right.
Nov 8, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
Even when there's no action, this show is just great. I'm loving it.
Nov 8, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty chill episode. Aina teaching the kids how to read and write is cool.
Nov 8, 2015 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
nice and chill episode
:3
Nov 8, 2015 11:07 AM
Dec 2012
Maruba called, he wants his ship back. Not sure why? He took most of the money and ran. He left Tekkadan with only 3 months worth of funds. I guess that's better than nothing.

Nice episode, Mikazuki learned a lot. I wonder what would happen to Mika if Orga became shaky and started doubting? We might not know, but at least he's good at playing the part.

Teiwaz and CGS/Maruba next ep? Seems like a lot will happen. Can't wait.
Nov 8, 2015 11:22 AM

Dec 2011
I really love Orga and Mikazuki's relationship. Especially the part where Mikazuki is watching Orga... and Orga admitting that he needs to be cool everytime.

Kudelia teaching the kids will be such a big help too. Also, Fumitan is Fumitan. I thought her name is just Fumi.

Seeing from the preview it looks like Barbatos will experience its first wreckage seeing the right side horn is broken. I really hope they get to bring at least 2 or more of the 72 Gundams from the past. Akihiro can use his own Gundam too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 11:45 AM

Nov 2007
I am slowly starting to like Aina more and more. Mikazuki wanting to learn how to read and write so that he can read books about vegetation and start his own farm was overwhelming. It just made me realize these kids have dreams too; even though they have been doing their best just to survive. T_T

This is so sad. They should stop with the annoying acoustic in the background. It's so peaceful it literally tears me up for some reason. When I noticed the word favorite misspelled as fovorite it really got me hard. :(

Fiji said:
I really hope they get to bring at least 2 or more of the 72 Gundams from the past. Akihiro can use his own Gundam too.

ASW-G-11 GUSION and ASW-G-66 KIMARIS are already lined up.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 8, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see people here don't hate breather episodes, don't know why some people do. Next episode looks interesting.
Nov 8, 2015 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Aina is teaching Mikazuki and the kids how to read and write!
Nov 8, 2015 2:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
HuaXue said:
Fumitan seems a bit iffy, but idk since she hasn't gotten any screentime yet.

I agree, I've been suspicious of her since the beginning, but then when she volunteered to help this episode I thought maybe I was just imagining things. But the her gaze when Orga left the bridge, I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to continue staying with Tekkadan.

Really enjoyed this episode with Aina teaching the kids (I heard Haneru's voice...). I also liked how Mikazuki asked Aina, after her talk of her plans for Mars independence, that if she is the one who will bring them happiness.

The motivation behind why Orga feels compelled to lead and do so in such a sort of risky manner is interesting. Although we've been learning about Orga and Mikazuki's relationship, I think this gives us even more insight on how they affect each other.
Nov 8, 2015 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
Orga has a sort of pride when it comes to looking bold in the eyes of Mika. Hopefully that doesn't cost them everything.
Mika has a good response when Atra questioned him about being scared.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
That's a huge deathflag you got there Orga.

Some infodumps but it was a pretty good episode nonetheless. I might have to rewatch some scenes to get a firm grasp of the information in this episode but still, this show is probably the only one this season that has the most likable cast. I enjoy all of the character interactions here.
Nov 8, 2015 4:39 PM

Sep 2010
Z4k said:

Wasn't that pretty obvious since the start?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 8, 2015 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
This show benefits greatly by having breather episodes like this, it helps you give more of a shit about the cast. Really liking the setting the more we hear about it. I just feel worried that 25 episodes will not give its pretty large scope justice.

Z4k said:
A statement that can be said every episode

lets face it, orga was going to die the second mikazuki asked what to do next.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 8, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
This show benefits greatly by having breather episodes like this, it helps you give more of a shit about the cast. Really liking the setting the more we hear about it. I just feel worried that 25 episodes will not give its pretty large scope justice.

Z4k said:

As I see it now, chances for death:

Orga >95%
Bishounen fuckboi 70%
Atra 50%
Mika 40%
Kudelia <10%
Nov 8, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
I'm somehow scared that Orga might die in the next episodes, i don't know why but Orga & Mikga remember me about TTGL Kamina & Simon...
Hope Orga won't die :/ He is a cool guy :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 8, 2015 6:47 PM

Jun 2008
AivanK said:
Hope Orga won't die :/ He is a cool guy :D

Orga is a cool guy, therefore he will die. That's how it usually works, unfortunately.
Nov 8, 2015 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
Orga won't be dying just yet. It'll come when Mika begins to change because of Kudelia and Orga realizes that he isn't central to Mika's life anymore. I give it around mid-way to near last battle for the impact factor. I don't expect him to make it through the entirety of the show though.

This episode was done quite well, and even the convenient expositions didn't feel out of place (specifically because Kudelia wanted to explain and Mika didn't know squat). I also like the fact that they conveniently allowed Fareed to explain the history of this timeline to Bauduin. Then showing how the kids had been raised as child labor/soldiers and knew nothing about basic reading and writing just made things so real. I enjoy seeing how genuine each character is being portrayed. No hot-headed gung-ho shounen, no stereotypical moustache-twirling bad guys. Just characters who act and react in ways that people can actually relate to.

Once again I can only eagerly await the next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 9, 2015 2:54 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Fumitan, why is she so suspicious?

I thought her name was Fumi

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 9, 2015 6:20 AM

Sep 2014
A great episode overall. Can't wait for the next one.
Nov 9, 2015 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
I think the cast may be the strongest point of this series. We need to care about them if conflict is going to mean anything. I like how Aina's character in particular connects the more grand political scope of this universe with the intimate, family-like group that is Tekkadan. I also like how the presence of children doesn't seem out of place here. Aina teaching them and their general reactions while learning was rather endearing; I couldn't help but smile.

While the interaction between Aina and Mika was poignant, it was Orga's explanation of his relationship with Mika that was the highlight of the episode for me. He pushes himself so he won't let Mika down. You can't find friendship like that just anywhere. However, that does raise the question of what Mika would be like without Orga. Would he be aimless or more bold, more or less dangerous, etc.? Despite his quietness, he and Orga clearly share a deep bond. It's fun to see them interact given that.

I already read all of the background info a few eps back with the flash-by, but I'm glad they found such a natural way to incorporate it into the story proper. I'm guessing most of those 72 Gundams were destroyed during the Calamity War, but it would be interesting if we could see more of them later on. I also like that the conflict isn't as one-dimensional as Tekkadan vs. Gjallarhorn. The other factions matter.

Although I'm not quite as pessimistic about "only" 25 episodes as Jizzy is, I would be stoked if this turned out to be split cour with another 25 episodes after the first set. There really is a lot of potential material to work with given the setting and political situation.

I'm consistently finding myself anticipating the next episode. This show is great.

ex_necross said:
I see it now, chances for death:

Orga >95%
Bishounen boi 70%
Atra 50%
Mika 40%
Kudelia <10%

This seems like a good guess, though on the ends I'd be a bit less extreme and place Orga at 90% and Kudelia at 10%. Like Ryoshi, if it does happen I'm thinking Orga will die late in the series after Mikazuki has had a lot of time to develop/grow.
Nov 9, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
ex_necross said:
JizzyHitler said:

Orga >95%
Bishounen fuckboi 70%
Atra 50%
Mika 40%
Kudelia <10%

I'd put kudelia and mika at 0% honestly, going off past gundam shows the princess type characters
and out of all the massive bodycounts of the franchise only a single gundam protagonist has actually bit the dust

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 9, 2015 9:54 PM

Oct 2011
Mika learning to read Aww
Nov 9, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 2015
Six episodes in and still no major battles within sight. Peaceful episode but the death flags terrify me T^T
L-Ryoshi said:
Orga won't be dying just yet. It'll come when Mika begins to change because of Kudelia and Orga realizes that he isn't central to Mika's life anymore.

I can imagine it happening *sobs* Please let it be on the last episode.
Nov 9, 2015 11:45 PM

Aug 2015
Woow those kids have no respect for Atra, picking Kudelia over her so blatantly to teach them lol
Nov 10, 2015 3:55 AM
Apr 2015
I noticed that akihiro has the Alaya vijnana on his back when he was working out. That clarifies what he said back in episode 5 about not having it.

He has the system itself imbedded into his back, but the graze custom doesn't have the system. So during that whole fight back in episode 5 akihiro was basically "unplugged".

...that badass.
I only give 3 ratings on any show I watch

10 = Enjoyed it

5 = Average

1 = Hated it
Nov 10, 2015 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
ex_necross said:

Orga >95%
Bishounen fuckboi 70%
Atra 50%
Mika 40%
Kudelia <10%

I'd put kudelia and mika at 0% honestly, going off past gundam shows the princess type characters
and out of all the massive bodycounts of the franchise only a single gundam protagonist has actually bit the dust

Well I guess the general idea was that I think Kudelia has essentially no chance of dying, and that Mika dying is unlikely.
Nov 10, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Quandary said:
I noticed that akihiro has the Alaya vijnana on his back when he was working out. That clarifies what he said back in episode 5 about not having it.

He has the system itself imbedded into his back, but the graze custom doesn't have the system. So during that whole fight back in episode 5 akihiro was basically &quot;unplugged&quot;.

...that badass.

Ah. That's makes so much sense. Good eye for that. I like how they don't give characters skills abilities they don't already have. It adds that small realistic believable detail that makes the show all the more better, for me at least. IDK, I just don't like plotholes.
Nov 10, 2015 3:26 PM

Apr 2014
orga orgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgavorgaorgaorgaorgaorgavorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorgaorga
:D love this guy ahahha
Nov 10, 2015 8:56 PM
Oct 2015
JizzyHitler said:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.