Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2009 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rather entertaining series indeed. I thought the 2000 prequel had a pretty average start, but great last episodes (it introduced Polnareff!), while this 1993 series was freaking exciting the whole time, maybe I liked it so much because I watched the prequel first and so I knew and cared for the characters (And that last episode... phew). What I really liked about this whole series was how every character had a very unique personality and ability and how their "stands" were so distinct with such unique powers.

Taking into consideration the knowledge and interest I got from the prequel, this one gets an 8.

Even if the prequel got a 7, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as whole (anime form) gets a 8.

I don't read manga, don't find it appealing, but I'm seriously thinking in reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I really found it interesting.
Dec 15, 2010 8:38 PM

May 2008
Not a bad adaptation, wish it was a TV series but what can you do. 8/10
Jan 20, 2012 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
Tuzo said:
Not a bad adaptation, wish it was a TV series but what can you do. 8/10

Yeah, especially considering just how huge the Jojo franchise is.

As for the OVA, I liked it a lot. Giving it an 8/10.
Jul 22, 2012 3:57 PM

May 2008
They should have brought Kakyouin back to life with Dio's blood :/ Or it wasn't possible?

But I also enjoyed this OVA series a lot, fights were great.
Feb 28, 2013 2:58 PM
Feb 2012
Final fight was awesome but I was disappointed that they replaced the steamroller with an oil tanker.
Mar 25, 2013 1:48 AM

Jun 2009
Well, at least the final battle was well adapted. Looking forward to see what David Production does with this. I hope they adapt this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 2, 2013 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
I actually thought this and the 2000 OVA's were actually pretty good. I'm hoping this gets a remake by David Production.
Jun 8, 2013 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
I'm sure there are people who have read the manga. Can you, please, tell me whether or not this is the end of the Jojo story? Is there material for another season that would take place after Dio's death (if Dio really died, that is)?
Jun 8, 2013 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
sindarfrom said:
I'm sure there are people who have read the manga. Can you, please, tell me whether or not this is the end of the Jojo story? Is there material for another season that would take place after Dio's death (if Dio really died, that is)?

This isn't anywhere near the end of Jojo. This was just the third part of a series that is on a currently running eighth part. Trust me, there is more than enough material for other anime seasons.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 15, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
insan3soldiern said:

This isn't anywhere near the end of Jojo. This was just the third part of a series that is on a currently running eighth part. Trust me, there is more than enough material for other anime seasons.

Thanks! Now I am going to watch out for the news about the next season.
Jun 15, 2013 7:42 PM

Jun 2009
sindarfrom said:
insan3soldiern said:

Thanks! Now I am going to watch out for the news about the next season.

Keep in mind, though, that this part will probably be adapted as well in the next season. But, since so much was cut out and, since David Productions seems to have a much better feel for the series and it's strengths, it'll probably be much better done all around.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 16, 2013 12:47 PM

May 2012
That was a pretty good ending, I liked it how it ends and starting from the 2012 version to then get here was actually quite nice, I didn't really liked the 2000 version to much as the setting and pace wasn't all to good but this last part sure was nice and ended the story off pretty well! If there ever would be a remake of these chapters I'm sure to watch it as the story is quite epic!
Feb 13, 2014 1:21 AM

Feb 2013
well it was a fun ride,though that was probably the lamest asspull i've ever seen
Feb 25, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
nice ending, but something doesn't make sense. Shouldn't recieving Dio's blood have turned Joseph into a vampire like it did with Vanilla Ice?

Cant' wait to see a TV series version of this, here's hoping the music will be better and the over-the-topness will be cranked up!
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2011
I thought it was good, but this adaptation was too serious and missing some of the comedic elements from the manga 7/10

Dec 26, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2013
Can't wait until the current anime gets to animate this final clash. Not bad for a 6 episode OVA considering how much content is in PT. 3
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
May 9, 2015 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
No mention of Weird Al Yankovich in this adaptation. 0/10

Sub-bar adaptation overall, but man that ending theme was good
Jul 27, 2015 9:09 PM

Jul 2013
The first three episodes were lot more interesting than the last three but the ova is still worth checking out. It definitely got me interested reading the manga at some point.
Oct 10, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2009
Lets get right to the point, yes overall the tv anime was way better in pretty much every way, but for a time when there was no other animated version of JoJo, this OVA series is perfectly serviceable and also very enjoyable.

I just can't think of one justifiable reason for changing the steamroller into an oil truck though, it's a bigger mystery than Dio's stand. Speaking of DIO, while I stand by my statement that Koyasu was born to be dio, the guy who did ova dio (Nobuo Tanaka, I looked him up ) also did an good job, and I really liked his ZA WARUDO and MUDA MUDA MUDA

Aug 28, 2016 12:19 AM

Jan 2011
Well I thought it was fairly enjoyable overall. I heard there were changes which is the main reason I watched it, but there were less than I was expecting. It is ironic though that by trying to remove some of the campier elements, it ended up more campy, and not in the usual fun Jojo way
Sep 16, 2016 1:39 AM

Oct 2015
loved the OVAs and fight between joutarou and dio. Even though this was my first time watching jojo i never caught what the were really fighting about and the entire story. Anyway i will watch jojo no kimyou na bouken 2012. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 24, 2016 8:25 PM

Sep 2015
The ending music was meh. That fight tho, Dio totally got his ass handed to him for making Gohan... I mean Jotaro angry. Would a blood transplant with Dio's blood be possible to bring Kakyoin back or would that have been impossible?
Nov 24, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
Great ending. Loved the antique Walkman at the end!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Aug 2013
Fun OVA and great adaptation of the battle with Dio. There was a lot I didn't like, but at least the final fight with Dio was spectacular; easily worth watching the OVA for alone.
Jan 13, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
Really enjoyed this OVA. Stardust Crusaders was a bit of a drag to read sometimes and the best part of it really is the final battle. So whilst this isn't a complete story, I really like it for what it is.

This last episode especially had great animation and I overall enjoyed the visual style of the OVA even when it differed from the manga.
Mar 28, 2020 7:48 PM

Aug 2012
I'll be honest, I wasn't too keen on this version of the fight. Obviously there's still good things about it, in particular the final blow was done better here, with there bodies transforming into their Stands as it connects, that was really cool. I also do really like how they altered the breathing/Polnareff moment to allow Jotaro and Polnareff a moment to chat before continuing the fight. The OVA itself has done a good job of trying to squeeze in as much character interactions in the limited time allotted to them, I enjoyed getting that exchange. Even though the manga thing is funner, I did like Jotaro surviving the knife attacks being because of that brace thing he made for himself last episode, and also in the last episode they made sure to show the knives DIO used on him, I appreciate that they seeded these things in earlier. And the animation was great obviously, with some pretty gnarly moments with the gore.

But otherwise, meh. The Road Roller was better than the Oil Tanker but I understand they changed it to facilitate the giant explosion though personally I find Jotaro appearing behind DIO on top of the Road Roller to be more bad-ass then him walking out of the explosion, since it shows Jotaro having a lot more movement during the whole time freeze thing. But beyond that, removing the double bluff with the magnet in favour of Star Platinum just being able to move without Jotaro's knowledge at first was far worse. The double bluff with the magnet is probably my favourite moment from this fight because it's the most clever use of the time powers, the best moment of subterfuge in the fight and it's replaced with something just designed to get straight into the action. Which is what this OVA version has, much more over the top action where boats and building tops are being thrown around. The stuff looks cool but it's nowhere near as exciting. For starters, it reduces the impact of the Oil Tanker, since unlike the Road Roller in the original or TV series, it's no longer the most over the top feat in the fight, it's the standard. And secondly, there's no strategy involved at any point during these sequences, it's just a bunch of over the top action.

Beyond the fight, I did really like the scenes at the end. Weird Al would've made it better but I wasn't expecting it to be in anyway. Really loved the OST during the farewell scene at the airport, music was kinda sparse/un-noteworthy during this OVA run, but there were a few times the tracks stood out to me here.

Overall, this OVA was alright, definitely stronger in it's first half for me, which is something I'm surprised at. 6/10 for me, there's definitely merit to this adaption and I'm glad I watched it but too many of the changes were for the worse.
Apr 5, 2020 7:18 AM

Jun 2019
well it was an OVA but still it was quite good. Really enjoyed it. RIP Avdol, Iggi, Kayokin. That hug at last was touching.
May 30, 2020 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
The one thing I’m confused about is the opening sequence of this batch of episodes. With the rituals that resemble the Incan/Mayan Empires (tribes in the Americas). Is that like the creation of a Stand(s)? What’s its significance, I have to wonder? Or maybe were those people Egyptian? It reminds me of Iggi’s Stand, although Iggi was from New York (America).

As for the final battle between Jotaro and DIO, I think the lengthiness of it was necessary. The twelve prior episodes were leading up to the final showdown. There IS a part of me, though, that found it to be a little outlandish. Jotaro and DIO really must be the strongest people on the entire planet, as of this episode. Geez. I know JoJo's known for its unbelievability but that's for modern JoJo -- the original OVA's are obviously supposed to have more reason and rhyme to them.

(Speaking of realism, I can appreciate how nearly the entire anime took place in Asia and Egypt. How many animes can you say took place in Cairo, Egypt? You see Dragon Ball fights taking place in fictional places, but this final battle unfolded in a real location in Egypt. That's so cool to me.)

And the fact that Joseph could be revived given the amount of damage he took. He even said in the anime that he didn’t just recover but he “came back to life”. We’ll have to assume the knife to the throat didn’t destroy anything vital, and what would’ve killed him would have been having his blood drained (which was reverse via transfusion from DIO’s corpse). Again, very outlandish. I’m glad Joe’s alive but, eh, it’s a bit too convenient.

I also think Jotaro figuring out a way to freeze time was kinda too convenient as well. I know it seems like I'm complaining a lot, but I actually really enjoyed this anime. Very entertaining.

So, yeah… it’s too bad about Kakyoin, Iggy, and of course, Avdol. But the ending was very touching. Au revoir monsieur polnareff.

Amazing set of OVA’s. It might be the most badass anime I’ve ever watched to be honest.
removed-userMay 30, 2020 4:35 AM
Dec 2, 2021 3:28 AM

Sep 2020
Woah the final battle disappoint, dio is merciless, gonna watch the prequel now since am watching as per the release date, 7/10
Sep 27, 2022 9:12 PM
Sep 2022
IGGY WATCH OUT!!!!!
Apr 2, 2023 1:05 AM
Oct 2022
knives lots of knives
May 29, 2023 7:14 PM
May 2023
goood jojo best ok ok
Jul 20, 2023 5:12 PM
Mar 2023
yes but actually no
Nov 26, 2023 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora!
Star Platinum vs The World!
The WURRRLDO!
Toki wa tomatta.
The World punches Jotaro.
Jotaro survived?
The WURRRLDO!
Dat punch.
Star Platinum blocked it?
DIO gets sent flying.
LMAO at Jotaro banging his head into the pole.
DIO took out knives.
Muda da!
The WURRRLDO!

And that was the end. Great ending. This OVA was amazing. Since the 2000's, I've seen DIO vs Jotaro on YouTube, but never watched the OVA in full. Thanks to the 30th anniversary, I corrected that. I see why DIO is one of the scariest villains of the 90's and Tanaka played a huge part. I love how Tanaka says The WURRRLDO! Tanaka was born to voice DIO. Kosugi was amazing as Jotaro. You can see why OnoD was chosen to voice him in the TV version. The music was great, especially intro. Crazy that DIO used his weak leg to kick Jotaro.

It's a shame majority of the seiyuu have passed away. RIP Legends.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 6, 6:05 PM

Aug 2021
A very good adaptation of the manga, even though there are many original scenes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 5 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 25, 2013

11 by Rob »»
Nov 25, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 4 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 24, 2013

20 by Rob »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 3 Discussion

TitanioVerde - May 24, 2010

15 by Rob »»
Nov 20, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 2 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 23, 2013

16 by Rob »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:42 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 16, 2013

15 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.