Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people hate/dislike perverted anime main character?

New
Nov 4, 2015 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
A pervert main character that fight for sex, lust, cop a feel, or even just thinking about the girl boobs. some of the character like Takeru Ooyama (Maken ki), Miyamae, Kanako (maria holic), and my personal favorite, issei hyoudou (Highschool DxD). i like these kind of character because they are different than the other typical main character("i fight for my friends", "i need a reason to keep going forward") their goal is strive by ero, which is interesting and wondering if they can do it. aka #isseihyoudouharemking. there are some mina character that are really strong and fight for sex as well! =D going through youtube comments and MAL, most of the people dislike these character, even they want to change their personality. why is that?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2015 7:12 PM
Jun 2015
It's their personal taste and it could possibly make them look like bad people.
Nov 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Jun 2015
They feel mature by hating on anything to do with ecchi.
Nov 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Oct 2014
For some it takes away from the seriousness of the show. Idrc tbh
Nov 4, 2015 7:17 PM
Sep 2013
Usually those characters are just mary sues in shitty wish fulfillment shows, so having them drooling over babes is condescending, it talks down to the audience. "WOW, LOOK AT HOW HOT YOU THINK THESE BOOBS ARE!"
Nov 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Dec 2013
The answer to every thread like this:

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Nov 4, 2015 7:32 PM
Sep 2011
It seems like being perverted is synonymous with "no self control or respect for other people's rights" as the vast majority of these characters tend to act on their perversions in inappropriate ways, such as groping characters without their consent.

And as much as beat-downs for such actions are deserved, they're not funny the thousandth time they happen, especially when the character doesn't learn from it.

Still, it's a thousand times better than the character who isn't perverted but ends up in accidents that get them undeserved punishment for it.
Nov 4, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
They're annoying and creepy, probably.
Nov 4, 2015 8:12 PM

Sep 2014
mayukachan said:

Very true. But I must agree that it's preference tho.

Personally, I don't like them not only because of how disgustingly creepy they are, but because they don't have much of a character development yet they end up strong at the times of need. Just like how cliche main characters become strong for friendship (and I love that). And BECAUSE ALL GIRLS END UP FALLING IN LOVE WITH THEM. I'm gay, but it pisses me off. It makes all girls seem dirty.
Nov 4, 2015 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
Because 1-dimensional socially-inept annoying retards aren't fun to watch.

What it is really, is a writer trying to predict what the audience is thinking, and then instead of having the main character be an actual character, you know, like with any worth or contribution to the story, they make the main character a "voice" for what they think people watching the show are thinking. He's literally a window. Just a plot device to let the events of the story happen.

LE OMG DAE LE BOOBS???????? is not a good idea to include when writing a character's personality. And when it's the only thing the writers put effort into defining his character, it's insulting and unbearable.

Read Onani Master Kurosawa for a "perverted" character who's not annoying and insufferable. Everybody is a little bit perverted. But you have to include like, actual personality traits when writing a character. Things actual people have.
Nov 4, 2015 8:49 PM

Oct 2013
Being able to relate to the main character is very critical for some people's enjoyment of anime.

In my case, if the main character is too unrelatable on too many occasions and/or in general, it can drive me into dropping the entire show in extreme cases, even if the overall quality of the show is objectively decent.

A couple key examples are Oreimo, Magi... and possibly Hunter x Hunter at this rate, if it doesn't get more appealing soon.
Nov 4, 2015 9:27 PM

Jul 2015
Some are well written (like Ryou Saeba). Some are poorly written. Then there's Issei.
Nov 4, 2015 9:42 PM
Jun 2015
Red_Keys said:

What it is really, is a writer trying to predict what the audience is thinking, and then instead of having the main character be an actual character, you know, like with any worth or contribution to the story, they make the main character a "voice" for what they think people watching the show are thinking. He's literally a window. Just a plot device to let the events of the story happen.

LE OMG DAE LE BOOBS???????? is not a good idea to include when writing a character's personality. And when it's the only thing the writers put effort into defining his character, it's insulting and unbearable.

Read Onani Master Kurosawa for a "perverted" character who's not annoying and insufferable. Everybody is a little bit perverted. But you have to include like, actual personality traits when writing a character. Things actual people have.

This here is true. Most perverted characters only have one trait making them boring and one dimensional.
Nov 4, 2015 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
I don't hate perverted protagonists, I found them okay (I don't watch many ecchi, though).
Nov 4, 2015 11:45 PM
Apr 2010
Red_Keys said:

Isn't this a majority of the audience who likes this though?
Nov 4, 2015 11:53 PM

Nov 2015
I think it's all about the delivery. Often times it feels too contrived, and doesn't have a good flow to it. Gintama's cast do a good job of it for me, though, like Gintoki, Kondo, or Sa-chan.
Nov 4, 2015 11:55 PM

Jan 2013
I think they are annoying, with all that screaming.
Nov 4, 2015 11:57 PM

Nov 2014
If it makes sense why the fk not

I don't watch ecchi anime at all though so I don't encounter much this type of character.
Nov 4, 2015 11:57 PM

Apr 2015
Because (real shocker here!!) people don't like perverts in real life!
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Nov 5, 2015 12:00 AM
Jan 2015
I only hate the ones who talk a big game, but can't go through with it when the heat is on.

But ones like Arata from Trinity Seven, are awesome.
My Queens

Nov 5, 2015 12:23 AM

Oct 2015
COMMON SENSE, 'normal' people find it disgusting.
why do you love perverted male lead, if you can get 'perfect' male lead? that value friendship, justice, love and etc.

just like in RL, what do you think about pervert man, that like watching p*rn that much, even in public, is it cool?

it is just simple as that.
Nov 5, 2015 12:49 AM
Apr 2015
gladisr said:
just like in RL, what do you think about pervert man, that like watching p*rn that much, even in public, is it cool?

that's actually pretty cool
Nov 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Apr 2015
Really? do some people hate rance?
Nov 5, 2015 12:57 AM

Sep 2012
NiN10d0h said:
Red_Keys said:

When is the last time in the history of ever that somebody watched an ecchi harem show because they liked/cared about/were interested in the main character?
Nov 5, 2015 1:03 AM

Oct 2015
Red_Keys said:

This as well as the fact that people seem to dislike whatever they dislike. Simple as that. If they don't enjoy it then they'll dislike it and not associate with it, which most people wouldn't like unwelcome "perverted actions" to be done to them.
Nov 5, 2015 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
gladisr said:
why do you love perverted male lead, if you can get 'perfect' male lead? that value friendship, justice, love and etc.

Damn, my bro who is in college is perverted as f••• but still nobody can dislike him, even I like his perverted side like jokes...groping girls and yelling in the street ~ OMG girl U HAVE best boobies in entire planet lol....so I don't think so that pervs in RL are somekind disgusting....I find them funny in RL/Anime/Manga
Nov 5, 2015 1:04 AM

Feb 2015
Red_Keys said:
NiN10d0h said:

When is the last time in the history of ever that somebody watched an ecchi harem show because they liked/cared about/were interested in the main character?

I only watched first Grisaia no Kaijitsu adaptation because Kazami yuuji being genius other then that primary reason
Second was girls being hot which was + everything rest was fucking terrible.
Nov 5, 2015 1:05 AM

Jan 2013
Shiki said:
gladisr said:

that's actually pretty cool

Yeah, he doesn't afraid of anything.
Nov 5, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2008
Well, in my opinion, some are annoying not just because of themselves, but because of the reaction of the other characters. Take Hagure Yuusha. None of Akatsuki's perverted moments are treated like funny moments, and pretty much nobody condones them. They just can't stop him from doing it. And that's great.
Nov 5, 2015 1:10 AM

Dec 2013
It's a pretty easy question to answer. Perverts are generally seen as bad/disgusting people. I personally don't really mind them in anime, but in most cases it's a trait I really could do without. It's kind of hard to root for a character when he/she is constantly embarrassing/humiliating characters of the opposite sex.
Nov 5, 2015 1:38 AM

Mar 2015
DmonHiro said:
Well, in my opinion, some are annoying not just because of themselves, but because of the reaction of the other characters. Take Hagure Yuusha. None of Akatsuki's perverted moments are treated like funny moments, and pretty much nobody condones them. They just can't stop him from doing it. And that's great.
this:
because they are pervert yet they are liked? what logic is that?

i am guy myself, but how the people around the pervert bug me more than the pervert mc it self. so yes, tomoki and his cheap carbon copy can go fuck their self. i would take raku, yuki rito, and other generic mc anytime over than this.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 5, 2015 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
gladisr said:

if that dude have the power like issei, gets stronger every time he get his desires, thats pretty cool
Nov 5, 2015 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
rebornnora said:
if that dude have the power like issei, gets stronger every time he get his desires, thats pretty cool
so, power that determined character cool or not?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 5, 2015 2:35 AM

Mar 2012
You can't understand why people don't like obnoxious, unlikeable characters?
Nov 5, 2015 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
Simply put it gets old really fast, City Hunter pulled it off somehow,but then again the main character was more like a Johnny Bravo womanizer that actually made moves on women,not a high school dweeb that only thinks of boobs all day and doesn't do anything else...
Nov 5, 2015 2:49 AM

Jun 2015
Just Like Red_Keys said well, they're simply a plot device.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2012
They can be funny sometimes, but most are shit.
Nov 5, 2015 2:58 AM

Feb 2015
oreology said:
Just Like Red_Keys said well, they're simply a plot device.

Only if they dont think and act for themselfs tho. Red keys was reffering to cases when character tries to speaks for viewer instead.

It would be ridiculous to say that you cant have perverted thoughts without being plot device instead of character.
Nov 5, 2015 5:48 AM
Nov 2013
They have no sense of humor?

yaoi_renee said:
mayukachan said:

Personally, I don't like them not only because of how disgustingly creepy they are, but because they don't have much of a character development yet they end up strong at the times of need. Just like how cliche main characters become strong for friendship (and I love that). And BECAUSE ALL GIRLS END UP FALLING IN LOVE WITH THEM. I'm gay, but it pisses me off. It makes all girls seem dirty.

Juvia, is probably one of the biggest creepers in the anime world. I personally like her, but she is probably the queen of creepers. You think a character like Rias Gremory, who is strong, confident, and secure, makes women look worse than Juvia?
Nov 5, 2015 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Well, the only one perv I liked was Yukimura Tooru from Aoharu x Kikanjuu.
Nov 5, 2015 6:12 AM

Jul 2011
People isn't forced to like the same things you know.
Nov 5, 2015 6:42 AM

Nov 2009
mayukachan said:

Quite so.

One of the best "cool" traits is self-control. Perverted characters in anime often totally lack it, and let their genitals do all the thinking. That's totally uncool.
Perverted characters who do have self-control are quite likeable.

NiN10d0h said:
Red_Keys said:

No, not really. For any person, his/her own character is really well-written and complex. It's just that other people don't get to see it (they often get to see only the person's one-dimensional "facade").
I don't think anybody perceives him/herself as "annoying", too. They see their behavior as their "social skills".

Minervalkyrie said:
Really? do some people hate rance?

He's quite unlikeable, and only survives through the charisma of a person who is true to himself.
Nov 5, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2015
AltoRoark99 said:
They feel mature by hating on anything to do with ecchi.
Nov 5, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2013
Because no one want to be a perverted..almost
Nov 5, 2015 9:10 AM

Sep 2015
I like the dude from Golden Boy
Nov 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
They sexually harass heroines and think they are cool. E.g trinity seven. (The girls loved it though)
Nov 5, 2015 9:13 AM

Jul 2015
Nov 5, 2015 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
brokenchair said:
They have no sense of humor?

yaoi_renee said:

Juvia, is probably one of the biggest creepers in the anime world. I personally like her, but she is probably the queen of creepers. You think a character like Rias Gremory, who is strong, confident, and secure, makes women look worse than Juvia?

Yes I won't deny that she's a creep. But she actually does have GREAT character development and many more traits that cover her creep side. I don't hate Rias whatsoever. If anything, I liked how strong she was, I just wouldn't have wanted her to fall in love with a creep like Issei because he covers up her potential and makes her look weak. How he fights FOR her??? No she taught him everything he knows yet he gets all credits for being strong and loved. It doesn't make sense to me.
Nov 5, 2015 1:56 PM

Nov 2014
When ever I see a perverted character in an anime, like Ryousuke in Dakara Boku wa, I usually just want them to calm the fuck down. They're annoying and embarrassing.
aikaflipNov 5, 2015 5:23 PM
Nov 5, 2015 5:21 PM
Oct 2015
They usually say the same stuff over and over in a different way. That kinda gets annoying.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 38 minutes ago

6 by Pokitaru »»
5 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

38 by WaffleMaster89 »»
11 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9065 by Baserleak »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

150 by ISeeLifePeople »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

59 by AzafuseKingTora »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.