Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Oct 26 - Nov 1

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2015 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
YEEART said:
OPM boost worst than I thought.

Worse than Prison School atm if my eyes don't deceive me, which is surprising really. Didn't expect something like Prison School to get such a big boost.

Live action TV is also helping the sales I guess along with the recent anime. Even before the anime aired Prison school was already going very good.
Nov 5, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
YEEART said:

Worse than Prison School atm if my eyes don't deceive me, which is surprising really. Didn't expect something like Prison School to get such a big boost.

Two reasons for that. Firstly, Prison School had almost twice the number of volumes compared to OPM and then there's the fact that Prison School had a much lower baseline before the anime, which allowed for a more pronounced boost.
Also, it seems like One Punch Man hasn't even hit its peak yet...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 5, 2015 3:44 PM

Apr 2015
Oooo...

Kingdom's high. Good to see One Piece up there too.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Nov 6, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
Agafin said:
16. *39,586 *,288,349 Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Vol.1
Really impressive for a first volume, gotta keep an eye on it.

Its from the same author who did Ao haru ride so it is to be expected.

Oh really? That makes sense. It's probably going to become a 500k seller based on that alone then (if FMA/Silver Spoon or Death Note/Bakuman are anything to go by).

YEEART said:

Not really, like Geralt said. Based on overall weekly sales (PS's backlog volumes never charted so we don't have individual data for them), it peaked at about 200k in a week which is about 11k per volume while OPM so far is averaging 16k copies per volume (~140k overall). One-Punch Man's boost will still be bigger than Prison School's even if it drops to half of what it's currently averaging per week for the rest of the anime's run. It's when compared to TG/HQ/NNT that it falls short.

Either the anime annoucement generated enough hype for people to actually rush and buy the volume earlier than they normally would (which means that this volume might be very frontloaded allowing Bleach to outsell it in the subsequent days and the week overall)-

This seems to be what's happening based on the latest update.
http://shosekiranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1121.html
And OPM is still going strong. I hope some (most?) of the volumes will sell over 20k this week.
Nov 6, 2015 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, I want to post this for 10 count fans. Sensei posted in her Twitter account that Ten count sold more than 100k copies, so next week we are going to see the sales. :3

About the anime, I'm sure it will happen, hope Shinsokan make it otherwise their chance of more money, will not happen :3
Nov 7, 2015 12:18 AM

Jan 2015
Agafin said:
Z4k said:

Its from the same author who did Ao haru ride so it is to be expected.

Oh really? That makes sense. It's probably going to become a 500k seller based on that alone then (if FMA/Silver Spoon or Death Note/Bakuman are anything to go by).

YEEART said:

Not really, like Geralt said. Based on overall weekly sales (PS's backlog volumes never charted so we don't have individual data for them), it peaked at about 200k in a week which is about 11k per volume while OPM so far is averaging 16k copies per volume (~140k overall). One-Punch Man's boost will still be bigger than Prison School's even if it drops to half of what it's currently averaging per week for the rest of the anime's run. It's when compared to TG/HQ/NNT that it falls short.

Either the anime annoucement generated enough hype for people to actually rush and buy the volume earlier than they normally would (which means that this volume might be very frontloaded allowing Bleach to outsell it in the subsequent days and the week overall)-

This seems to be what's happening based on the latest update.
And OPM is still going strong. I hope some (most?) of the volumes will sell over 20k this week.

Yea, Ajin and YowaPeda are ahead of Bleach as well now on shoseki......
Nov 7, 2015 12:56 AM

Nov 2007
Agafin said:
With that being said, Shoseki isn't 100% accurate, they also predicted last month that Haikyuu will outsell AssClass and that wasn't the case (though to be fair, the difference in sales between the two was rather minimal, relatively speaking).

Shoseki is actually quite accurate considering the limited number of point of sales (POS) it covers compared to Oricon, but I think it's possible that a subset of the POS it covers also differs from what Oricon covers. Shoseki doesn't give exact sales numbers though, only estimations of rank 30, 50, 100, 200, 300 and 500.

The difference is sort of similar to Oricon vs Soundscan, where sometimes the Soundscan numbers are above or below the Oricon numbers. For example, we had the recent Love Live School Idol Festival mobile game 2nd theme song single released on Oct 28th, it was 69,633 at Oricon for week 1, but 72,231 at Soundscan. The difference could be that the Lantis Online webstore reports its sales to Soundscan (we know it doesn't report to Oricon).
EjcNov 7, 2015 1:00 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Nov 7, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2013
chrisbj said:
[
Yea, Ajin and YowaPeda are ahead of Bleach as well now on shoseki......

Bleach is back on top now :P
Nov 8, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
Nice seeing Ten Count in the top 10!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2015 4:26 AM

Apr 2014
Bleach topped the list for this week
http://shosekiranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1126.html

Oh boy...
Nov 10, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
Z4k said:

Oh boy...

All the people who doubted it, it's time to eat crow. A mediocre series such as Boku no Hero would never triumph over one of the greatest masterpiece ever written. At this point I'd say Bleach season 2 is fact and with it, even One Piece will have to give up its position as best selling manga. Finally, it's time for the return of the king...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 11, 2015 5:33 AM

Jun 2015
geralt said:
Z4k said:

Oh boy...

All the people who doubted it, it's time to eat crow. A mediocre series such as Boku no Hero would never triumph over one of the greatest masterpiece ever written. At this point I'd say Bleach season 2 is fact and with it, even One Piece will have to give up its position as best selling manga. Finally, it's time for the return of the king...

Are you trolling?
Nov 11, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
AdmiralKizaru98 said:
geralt said:

Are you trolling?
I wonder
Nov 11, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
Z4k said:

Oh boy...
I'm positive this will be the last time Bleach will be #1 in anything, but I'm happy nonetheless...I'm honestly more interested in the gap between Bleach and HeroAca and how much the gap has shrunk.....
chrisbjNov 11, 2015 11:56 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.