Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2015 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh that was predictable. We get the actual battle but everything seemed like it just goes exactly like what Aria's enemy team planned, at first anyways. That Akari girl just won't give up despite being shot though, hmm?

Lol, couldn't take her seriously on that scooter for some reason. The teamwork though~

Oh yeah Riki spotted again. They really should give her more screen time this season imo...

Nov 3, 2015 8:29 AM

Sep 2015
First half is abit slow. Uzi is not for long-range, all miss. Really?

Well nvm that, 2nd half become better. Finally Akari family's archenemy is finally here. And Akari's secret skill revealed.

Lol Riko's pink motor bike =)
Nov 3, 2015 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
Akari and her team finally won the match!
Nov 3, 2015 10:05 AM

Apr 2010
So the main bad girl appeared or she is believed to be the one.
I wonder what else we will see of her.

valvravetruth said:
First half is abit slow. Uzi is not for long-range, all miss. Really?
A micro Uzi isn't very accurate and it's also a hard weapon to handle.
With SMG's like the Uzi a smaller gun is harder to handle, they compensated this in the micro Uzi by bringing down it's fire rate to 600 RPM but it's still a hard weapon to use.
Uzi's aren't made for accuracy their strong point is firing a lot of rounds in a short time and by doing so the chances of hitting the target increases.

On the other hand it's strange that Akari isn't using a stock like Urara on her revolver it would make the weapon easier to use and it increases accuracy.
Nov 3, 2015 10:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
wow that duel was bad

interesting Rube Goldberg machine at the end though
Nov 3, 2015 10:41 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:

Oh yeah Riki spotted again. They really should give her more screen time this season imo...

^
Agree
And, is akari have some power? that electricity , what is it? electro power, a power like mikasa from to aru kagaku no railgun have?
Nov 3, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2012
Well that battle was extremely uneventful and disappointing, there was just no tension and all that whatsoever. Oh well, it's not that important anyways, hopefully things will pick up now
Nov 3, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2008
Every time Urara went to reload I was like CHARGE IN ALREADY. Taking "cover" at the side of a vending machine instead of behind it, flag tied to the handlebars of the scooter somehow managed to hit that tiny little flag, the whole fight seemed kinda stupid to me. Am kinda curious as to what power Akari seems to have though.
Nov 3, 2015 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
Some "gunfight" that was. And then there's the godawful CGI. What the heck is with this show anyway. I was hoping it would pick up by now.
Instead, for the next episode we're getting some more Raika/ Kirin jealousy and fartin' about. sigh
Nov 3, 2015 12:42 PM

Nov 2010
Holy shit that show gets worse and worse...

I mean i didn't expect some deep stuff, but even for flat bullshit it is incredible bad. The whole cast is so dumb that it hurts.
Nov 3, 2015 12:52 PM

May 2015
This episode was pretty meh... The fight felt pretty lame.... Can't really call that a fight either.

Nov 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
Uff I love this opening and this ending, both are great!! The rest od the show is a little bit over average for the moment
Nov 3, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2015
wow, with every episode this series somehow gets more and more random.
Nov 3, 2015 3:43 PM

Dec 2013
Akari must be the absolute worst butei to ever attend that school, how the hell did she even qualify for enrollment? I don't think I can tough this one out, this may have been it for my patience.

Her "ability" doesn't make up for how awful she is at everything else, it doesn't even really add the air of mystery about her character and family enemy that it's supposed to. It's way too random and slice-of-life-y.

So far this episode and this series as a whole has done nothing but tarnish my memories of the original series. I give this episode 4/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Nov 3, 2015 4:11 PM

Apr 2009
That's got to be one of the stupidest gunfights to ever get animated.
Nov 3, 2015 4:30 PM
Nov 2015
Tevens said:
Stark700 said:

^
Agree
And, is akari have some power? that electricity , what is it? electro power, a power like mikasa from to aru kagaku no railgun have?

I forgot what the 'Aria' from Akari's dream in episode said her power was but it was definitely mentioned in the first episode.

Anyway, I couldn't help but cringe at Akari's actions in the gunfight. Her opponent's revolver hits hard and all but she takes forever to reload it. Akari had all the time in the world to charge for the flag or something. Instead she goes for the scooter win which was a long shot by itself.

On one hand, we got Reki(Probs best girl or at least close to) being the savior of the day. On the other hand, we just experienced one of the most stupid gunfights ever to be animated.(As said by another user) That evens it out right? No, of course not. I'm still going to watch the rest of it though, hoping I might see something interesting or at least some sort of character development.
Nov 3, 2015 4:50 PM

Jun 2014
Ustnap said:
Every time Urara went to reload I was like CHARGE IN ALREADY.
ikr i was even counting the number of bullets Urara fired so at 6 i thought she was going to charge but nope and seriously charging straight towards a girl holding a gun ? just how stupid is Akari ?
Overall a disappointing Episode , i was Hoping for something more intense especially for Akari VS Urara .
The_Bif said:
So far this episode and this series as a whole has done nothing but tarnish my memories of the original series. I give this episode 4/10.
same here . sure Hidan No Aria wasn't that great but i really enjoyed watching it , unlike this one so far
xSkydelNov 3, 2015 4:54 PM
Nov 3, 2015 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
I feel disappointed of this episode..

read from right to left
Nov 3, 2015 5:55 PM

Sep 2014
Wow.

That's one lame gunfight they have there.
Nov 3, 2015 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
Downloaded but no plans to watch it yet unless somebody mentions Kinji is IN IT even for a second.
#CHEXIT
Nov 3, 2015 8:01 PM

Dec 2014
Really mediocre fight. Couldn't take it seriously at all :| . Hopefully the show picks up
Nov 3, 2015 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
This episode has more action the previous ones. Reki returns in another cameo scene, haha and she's not talking which made a laugh a little bit. The battle scene was short but I think there's more fight scenes in future episode. The best part is Akari using some static lightning powers to save herself and Takachiho, which made me think why Aria is so interesting to learn more of Akari origins. Hopefully I see more of Akari's power in future episodes.
Nov 3, 2015 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
Tis my desire for additional Tohyama-sama air time.
Nov 3, 2015 10:42 PM
Dec 2014
Is it normal that I find Akari's friends to be far more interesting than her? Also the best parts of all episodes so far have been the cameos/appearances of the previous show (I do hope that continues). I cringed so hard during the gun duel...
Nov 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
Apparently an Uzi isn't accurate past 50ft, but a girl one-handing a hand cannon is. You can argue that the Uzi isn't an accurate gun to begin with, but with that short distance and the amount of bullets, statistically she should've landed a fair amount of hits.

Akari has incredible hand to hand combat skills when she tries, and can apparently use electicity super powers, but yea let's just have her sit back and miss her shots the entire time.

Combine that with uber lame scooter method of flag capture, and Shino randomly coming in to save the day, and you've got yourself the formula for a cringeworthy episode.

Almost halfway over thank god. Can we plz get regular Aria season 2?
Nov 3, 2015 11:17 PM

Feb 2014
Watching this episode makes me want to puke. I forced myself to watch the entire episode. Thought it would get better.

Dropped.
Nov 4, 2015 3:45 AM

Mar 2013
Imeon said:
Downloaded but no plans to watch it yet unless somebody mentions Kinji is IN IT even for a second.

Just drop the show.
Nov 4, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
the ep is still not gonna be my interest and yeah i'll just drop it :(
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Nov 4, 2015 6:30 AM
Sep 2015
The whole series is pretty much meh rn, but I'm watching it because I read some comments on the manga and happened to come across an interesting spoiler :P
Nov 4, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
Ustnap said:
Every time Urara went to reload I was like CHARGE IN ALREADY. Taking "cover" at the side of a vending machine instead of behind it, flag tied to the handlebars of the scooter somehow managed to hit that tiny little flag, the whole fight seemed kinda stupid to me. Am kinda curious as to what power Akari seems to have though.

THIS!

Seriously, if they have time and money to do this poor adaptation from a spin-off should be better a continuation of the main series ¬¬
Nov 4, 2015 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
Made by JC Staff Studio- * Checked *
Side Story of the series we wait forever for the next season - * Checked *
The Main character in side story use electricity power base - * Checked *

THIS IS RAILGUN!!!!
Nov 4, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2013
wait that was a duel?! well that was boring
Nov 4, 2015 1:39 PM
Nov 2010
Was pretty disappointing pacing for the gunfight. The storyboard could really use some work as it seemed like they were dragging along stills because they had noting else to show.

The only interesting aspect was the use of her skill and the the other 3rd parties observing. But other than that was almost a waste of an episode.
Nov 4, 2015 2:50 PM
Oct 2015
mydespairity said:
The whole series is pretty much meh rn, but I'm watching it because I read some comments on the manga and happened to come across an interesting spoiler :P
I'm sorry for raining on your parade, but so far the anime is not faithful enough to its source material.
Nov 4, 2015 4:31 PM
Oct 2015
Ryuutobi said:
mydespairity said:
I'm sorry for raining on your parade, but so far the anime is not faithful enough to its source material.

Neither is the manga, just saying. Needless to say, further disappointment with this trash from Squenix. Not even worth seeding the HorribleSubs releases anymore. Kids playing with GI Joe's have more eventful battles. It is halfway through the season and there has been little to no real story. Basically yet another anime of total filler, none of which is cannon to the series in the first place.
ArisaMiyakoNov 4, 2015 4:34 PM
Nov 4, 2015 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
That was a pretty disappointing episode, was hoping for it to get better here with a cool battle scene but the first half was really boring and the second half with the battle was just stupid...the whole time I was wondering why she didnt just rush in when Urara had to reload plus really what is up with this lightning ability? is this supposed to make us think oh she isn't useless? Because so far I really just wish they made a second season instead of this...

Here is my full review of the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdaBar6i2xA&feature=youtu.be
Nov 4, 2015 5:10 PM

Nov 2014
Is anyone else kind of creeped out how much Akari seems to legit be madly in love Aria to literally obsessive levels? I don't think her legit crazy stalker-like monopolizing tenancies are cute at all, just creepy. You don't really see them in this episode thankfully (though stupidly jumping out in front of a bullet for *no reason* just because someone insulted her was retarded), but that one time where she sees Aria with that boy and then does the whole mental "SHE'S MINE!!!" thing in her head, just drops her friends like dead weight and started following him made me cringe.

Am I supposed to be supporting this weirdness or be creeped out? Cause it doesn't feel endearing at all. Raika and Kirin is really freaking adorable. Shino and Akari started off pretty creepy too but she's mellowed out a bit. But Aria and Akari is just... ergh.
Nov 4, 2015 5:25 PM
Oct 2015
sirflimflam said:
Is anyone else kind of creeped out how much Akari seems to legit be madly in love Aria to literally obsessive levels? I don't think her legit crazy stalker-like monopolizing tenancies are cute at all, just creepy. You don't really see them in this episode thankfully (though stupidly jumping out in front of a bullet for *no reason* just because someone insulted her was retarded), but that one time where she sees Aria with that boy and then does the whole mental "SHE'S MINE!!!" thing in her head, just drops her friends like dead weight and started following him made me cringe.

Am I supposed to be supporting this weirdness or be creeped out? Cause it doesn't feel endearing at all. Raika and Kirin is really freaking adorable. Shino and Akari started off pretty creepy too but she's mellowed out a bit. But Aria and Akari is just... ergh.

Every character is a yandere, madly in love with each other. Honestly surprised it hasn't gotten the Love Pentagon or Love Polygon tags.
Nov 5, 2015 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
I mean seriously that bfg takes a while to reload, If it were me(i am in no way trained just a regular guy) id go banzai every time she reloads into closer cover then id use my uzi whic should be in elatively good range to blast her. take the flag gg.
Though I cant help but laugh at Akari riding the scooter. Couldn't take her seriously at all. What really pissed me off was Urara wanting to shot Akari in the head, she didnt have hesitation, she is well trained with the weapon but... she missed... really? fine il just say plot armor or something to relieve my bullshit levels.

I am surprisingly still watching this not sure weather im just that much of an M or its pretty decent.
Still holding on that thin rope where Kinji comes flying him saving the day and one man army's the bad guys.

That was so cliche on the ridiculous scale I'd give it about a 4/10. and that is ONLY because I get to see Reki.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 5, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2011
Akari has the Railgun in her OMG
Nov 5, 2015 9:01 PM
Oct 2015
AkinoBlade said:
I mean seriously that bfg takes a while to reload, If it were me(i am in no way trained just a regular guy) id go banzai every time she reloads into closer cover then id use my uzi whic should be in elatively good range to blast her. take the flag gg.
Though I cant help but laugh at Akari riding the scooter. Couldn't take her seriously at all. What really pissed me off was Urara wanting to shot Akari in the head, she didnt have hesitation, she is well trained with the weapon but... she missed... really? fine il just say plot armor or something to relieve my bullshit levels.

I am surprisingly still watching this not sure weather im just that much of an M or its pretty decent.
Still holding on that thin rope where Kinji comes flying him saving the day and one man army's the bad guys.

That was so cliche on the ridiculous scale I'd give it about a 4/10. and that is ONLY because I get to see Reki.

I like how Reki is the savior for all of us and why we're all still watching. Shame we were given AA instead of a proper continuation as Reki becomes arguably the most badass character in the novels and goes through a lot of major development.
Nov 6, 2015 7:47 AM

Jul 2013
So we got one girl firing aimlessly, and another girl taking cover "beside" vending mechine and ignoring every chance she got during reload time.... Bad fight is bad.
Nov 6, 2015 10:26 AM
Oct 2015
Endeavor said:
So we got one girl firing aimlessly, and another girl taking cover "beside" vending mechine and ignoring every chance she got during reload time.... Bad fight is bad.

Right? Like I said, young kids playing with GI Joe have more exciting and thoughtful battles.
Nov 6, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2014
Railgun why are you here?

As of this posting, wow the show rank tanked...
Nov 7, 2015 9:50 AM

Dec 2011
Whoa Akari has electricity? Dang. Lol at the end Riko helped them out. I wonder who is that black haired girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2015 9:35 PM

Jan 2012
fuck that shitty battle
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 7, 2015 11:10 PM

May 2015
I liked all the close combat (hand to hand) animation that the anime has showed me so far...

I was really hyped by both fights (Shino vs Twins & Hina vs Raika) both were great as an appetizer but that Plat principal (gunfight) was a major disappointment, I don't have a problem seeing Akari taking cover as Urara was firing because we saw that she is not competent (first gunfight with paintball against Urara) until this point in a gunfight but to have the character stand there without giving me a reason to understand why she isn't moving is inexcusable the staff could make her talk to herself by saying I'm not confident enough, I don't want to be a burden to my team, blah, blah make her say anything, something to let us now why she don't make a move and in the same process make us feel more sympathetic to her (character growth) but no she left cover as soon as she heard Aria name, why? Is cool that she want to defend the honor of her senpai but why they didn't make her face the problem in another way like saying in a monologue that she don't want to let down her senpai and then giving her the opportunity to say the Aria senpai speech after the fight is over not in the middle of a gunfight making her a still target this decision undermine last episode when Aria commented to Akari that she is improving...

Oh well, at least I got to see my sweet Reki as always she is a great dessert...
Nov 8, 2015 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
This kind of casual battle reminded me of the first season's atmosphere. Not as tryhard as the previous few episodes.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 9, 2015 12:52 AM

Jul 2009
Akari have some electricity power?
Nov 9, 2015 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
The fight could of been better, but the ost was pretty good imo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Raika is the least likable character in the entire show and probably anime

Neolightveo - Dec 11, 2023

1 by sorames »»
Dec 12, 2023 5:33 AM

» Shoujo Ai?

Mele - Nov 24, 2015

29 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2015

40 by wildhood »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:51 PM

» Where does Hidan no Aria AA take place?

SleepySenpaiSama - Oct 10, 2015

23 by Jomi13111 »»
Jun 13, 2021 6:52 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria AA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2015

53 by DmonHiro »»
May 24, 2021 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.