Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 9:46 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Discuss!
Nov 4, 2015 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
Well that was a very interesting read. A non-conventional yaoi where the stories were quite rough and even confronting. The main story wow, did not go how I expected it to at all lol. Although that's a good thing I suppose, I also enjoyed the character development in those chapters a lot.

Wasn't a fan of the first one shot, and while the second one shot intrigued me, one chapter definitely wasn't enough. I'm pretty conflicted about the art style, as I love it in some panels but other panels, not so much...
Nov 4, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Well that was interesting. There was a few things I couldn't understand because it felt very confusing as a whole. Still liked the deep meanings and dark tone. I don't know how to classify Akio and Haru's relationship and the point of Natsuhiko in this whole story... Still kind of enjoyed it. It was different from what I'm used.
Nov 4, 2015 6:45 PM

Jan 2015
The first story felt pretty intense at times, Akio and Haru's relationship and Natsuhiko's part in it all. The plot was interesting, liked it better than the yaoi moments cx

The last chapter was starting to get interesting but it ended really abruptly :c

Overall, not a bad read. 6/10
Sep 13, 2021 7:59 PM
May 2021
I didn't care for the second story about the handsome guy who always got away with everything. Fortunately, that oneshot only consisted of one chapter and if it weren't for it I would've given "Sugar Dark" a 7.

The first and last oneshots, on the other hand, were well written. The portrayal of rape and toxic relationships in Yaoi and Shounen Ai works are often glamorized and falsely potrayed as loving relationships. An example of an anime that is especially guilty of it's portrayal of rape as an act of love is "Yes, No, or Maybe?". These two oneshots, however, portray the rape and abuse as exactly what they are - rape and abuse. There was no sugar coating and no misleading notions that these relationships (mainly Akio/Haru, Akio/his brother, and Ryouhei/Yui) are healthy or that they should be misconstrued as love, which I found extremely refreshing.
XO2HKIMSep 14, 2021 11:37 PM
May 21, 2022 10:46 PM

Dec 2013
I like the first story. I yearned for more but I guess it's still okay. The second story confused me a bit and I would like to know more about the last story :(

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.