Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 1, 2015 1:24 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love how united everyone is in this episode. Aina is also undertaking her trip with a strong sense of responsibility.

I find it kinda amusing that Orga gives the order to use Mika's mecha to actively defend and attack any enemies on the way lol. Pretty classic of him although not surprising. The action in space was pretty fun to watch and well dirtected imo. Mika's piloting skills is easily recognizable too. Intense episode!

Nov 1, 2015 3:12 AM
anime of the year haha.
Epic episode again. Nice action. I kind of like the inspectors. The purple haired is kinda annoying though.

Nov 1, 2015 3:15 AM
noice space action this episode have, i thought Mikazuki was gonna get captured since the yellow haired guy is a genius

Nov 1, 2015 3:32 AM

Atra's manners.

Some space action.

Nov 1, 2015 3:36 AM

Damn, some excellent action this episode. Really loving the rivalry they are shaping between the Tekkadan and the Empire of the Blue Men.

THE LEGENDARY GUNDAM. this scene gave me chills

Also this ending was so good lmao

Nov 1, 2015 3:50 AM

cupc said:

Also this ending was so good lmao

At least he is not with Tekkadan anymore.
I'm glad that Atra is following them so we might get some love triangle in the future. X)
So they replaced the masked villain with 'chocolate man' now???

Nov 1, 2015 3:52 AM

I m sad, 23 minutes in a week is too little :(

Nov 1, 2015 3:54 AM

Ah, it was a good episode, I really liked the action.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list

Nov 1, 2015 4:11 AM
Another went by so quickly, good lines and great episode.

Nov 1, 2015 4:30 AM

Didn't realize that Akihiro piloted that GRAZE UPGRADE without the AVS. I gotta say, I am impressed. They better give him a Gundam later on in the series.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Nov 1, 2015 4:51 AM

Great space action!

The ending was priceless.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 1, 2015 5:10 AM

From now on I will refer to Fareed as "The Chocolate Man" LMFAOOOOO

I really like how they're seemingly pushing Mika x Aina and that little moment that they had in the beginning was too sweet.....Atra joining the crew as expected but that only raises her death flag even more lol

Gotta say though, I'm glad that Orga and the gang saw through the setup and was able to out maneuver everyone as well as to FINALLY KILL THAT STUPID IDIOT CORAL...Man I am loving how this series gives all the jerks what's coming to them

The battle scenes were great and I must say that Mika held his own even though he kinda got owned from Fareed but I'm glad that the battle went that way...Speaking of Fareed and his friend, I like how calculative they were and props to Fareed for figuring out how to fight Mika and keep him at an disadvantage

However, I gotta give extra props to my boy Akihiro (When he piloted Cranks' machine I was like OH SHIT LOL) and Eugene for going in and saving the day like they did

The ending was fucking hilarious LOLOLOLOLOL And man this is why I LOVE Fareed, he has such a great personality and sense of humor and I was just laughing and smiling along with him xD Serves that traitor right though, seeing him get pummeled from the crew was enough for me to smile =P

Great episode as usual even though the budget clearly wasn't here for the most part lol.....And I also like how they have the Gundam in a database (I'm guessing this will be the key to finding the others) and I LOVED how this series pretty much mentioned every other Gundam series as well with that whole short "History of Gundam" thing that Chocolate Man spoke of
Modified by Tokoya, Nov 1, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 1, 2015 5:18 AM
Oh Atra is following the group now. I have a bad feeling.
Also love how they packaged Mr. Traitor instead of killing him off lol

Nov 1, 2015 5:35 AM

That was hype as hell, the animation in this series isnt the best but there were some sexy as hell action scenes in this episode, I also enjoyed the calmer moments leaadng up to the action, i think thats what i like the most about this gundam is that it doesnt rush headfirst into action, the other ones have a huge issue of putting the characters in constant danger (outside of like X turn A and a few ovas) while this gives them the air to breath even in an action heavy episode like this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 1, 2015 5:47 AM

Such a great episode it was so jammed packed with a lot of action.

Nov 1, 2015 5:55 AM

Tokoya said:
Great episode as usual even though the budget clearly wasn't here for the most part lol.....And I also like how they have the Gundam in a database (I'm guessing this will be the key to finding the others) and I LOVED how this series pretty much mentioned every other Gundam series as well with that whole short "History of Gundam" thing that Chocolate Man spoke of

Chocolate Aznable, I mean "man" was referring to the Gundam used during the Calamity War and other points of history in 'their universe'. It has nothing to do with any other Gundam.

That reminds me, yet to watch Origin episode 2! Damn!

Nov 1, 2015 6:06 AM

That was awesome. I love the tactics and strategies used in the space battle and damn was the animation beautiful. It was great to see the traitor bundled up with that message, I laughed pretty hard at it xD

5/5 bring on the next episode already

Nov 1, 2015 6:17 AM

This series continues to be amazing. It's exactly what Gundam's needed for a while now in every single way.

Well-written, well-executed, a viable entry-point for newcomers... it also might have the best pacing I've ever seen in a TV Gundam series.

5/5 Chocolate Aznables. Here's hoping they can keep it up.
Modified by KKRais, Nov 1, 2015 6:35 AM

Nov 1, 2015 6:38 AM
I hope Yoshiyuki Tomino is watching this series. THIS is how GUNDAM is suppose to be! 5/5 most-looked-forward-to anime of this season.

Nov 1, 2015 6:50 AM

So in addition to other hints from previous episodes (such as Operation British having happened), after McGillis' dialogue this episode we pretty much confirmed UC now baby.

Nice action although there were some jarring missing frames, such as when Barbatos tried to avoid the shot to his thrusters, and also the Blue Graze fly-by in the scene prior. Sadly this series seems to have a budget noticeably smaller than 00's.
Modified by ex_necross, Nov 1, 2015 6:57 AM

Nov 1, 2015 6:57 AM
Damn I like the interactions between Orga and those juvenile soilders.
And mr.Chocolate, I know you are wily and bad-ass,but I guess this is absolutely the most pussy nickname for any villains ever.

Nov 1, 2015 7:03 AM

Nice action, mika does get allot of free skills in mobile suit piloting with that Alaya-Vijnana system :O
Probably his first space battle and already so adept w0t.
H4xorz detected!

Nov 1, 2015 7:09 AM

That episode was intense!
Gotta love the chocolate man. Fav character so far.

Nov 1, 2015 7:12 AM
Huh? no shirtless Tekkadan? Justifiable though, it's space

Great action episode with hilarious ending, kudos for everyone here
buildup episode next week?
Good God Atra, raising your death flag even further -_- wonder how she'll cook in space...

Nov 1, 2015 7:17 AM

A great space battle episode! Really like the Barbatos getting those blue shoulder armor. Akihiro piloting a Graze too. Hopefully he gets a better mobile suit later in the series too.

I like how they are so reckless by steering in the opposite direction using that asteroid. So much action.

They revealed it already that the Gjallarhorn knows Mikazuki... the man beside the chocolate man and the chocolate man! Haha. That was fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 1, 2015 7:31 AM

Awesome to see Orga already had Todo betraying them in his calculation. The way they dealt with him and his big belly was hilarious XD

Missed the Space battles from Gundam too so this ep was a treat :D

Cool to see Galileo (The guy next to Choco man) notice Mika from his voice. It would've been annoying if it got dragged out, so nice to see they already know eachother.

I wonder when we'll start getting enemies who've had the Allayja surgery performed.

Nov 1, 2015 7:34 AM
Ah that was a great episode. Despite being outsourced to another studio, it had some really cool action scenes.

>I came here to laugh at you

Now all he needs are some sunglasses and we're done.

Nov 1, 2015 7:40 AM

Also the Graze Kai is by far the sexiest MS to have appeared thus far.

Nov 1, 2015 7:41 AM

I'm really not liking this so far.

Nov 1, 2015 7:47 AM

You know what I'm surprised at, a non-side story Gundam series with no beam weapons being used by mobile suits, that's pretty rare, the 4th form of Barbatos just had a measly smoothbore gun as a ranged weapon.

Nov 1, 2015 8:05 AM

Best episode so far, the space battle and the music was great. Can't wait for the next ep.

Nov 1, 2015 9:06 AM

Kudelia's suit+shorts with pantyhose reminded me Jaime from Argevollen. Also, I'm afraid Guts won't survive this anime.
Modified by bastek66, Nov 1, 2015 10:57 AM

Nov 1, 2015 9:08 AM

Hoppy said:
You know what I'm surprised at, a non-side story Gundam series with no beam weapons being used by mobile suits, that's pretty rare, the 4th form of Barbatos just had a measly smoothbore gun as a ranged weapon.

I just hope he ditches that dumb hammer soon. Melee weapons are only cool when they are in the form of axes and wielded by grunt suits, or when they are beam sabers.

Nov 1, 2015 9:24 AM

ex_necross said:
Hoppy said:

I just hope he ditches that dumb hammer soon. Melee weapons are only cool when they are in the form of axes and wielded by grunt suits, or when they are beam sabers.

What are you even saying?! The spearhead hammer looks bloody awesome. It makes you think about sheer raw power, something very brutal and barbaric, alike the name and design of Barbatos.

Nov 1, 2015 9:30 AM

I knew Orga wouldn't be deceived so easily XD He was already two steps ahead by readying both Mika and Barbatos to launch and preparing a back-up ship (so that's where Akihiro and co went last ep, I thought he parted ways with Tekkadan). Really liking Tekkadan crew more and more XD. This now has become my first Gundam where I like the main crew from beginning. Great episode!
cupc said:

HA HA HA HA EAT THAT YOU CONSTIPATED BABY BUMP!
That should teach him how terrifying them children can be.
shanimebib said:
ex_necross said:

What are you even saying?! The spearhead hammer looks bloody awesome. It makes you think about sheer raw power, something very brutal and barbaric, alike the name and design of Barbatos.

^Agreed

Modified by Ioryogi-kun, Nov 1, 2015 9:34 AM

Nov 1, 2015 10:09 AM

I knew Orga was too smart to fully trust Todo.

What is this feeling, I am actually enjoying a Gundam show for once??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 1, 2015 10:20 AM
Interesting how the mech's armour keeps changing in the opening

Nov 1, 2015 10:37 AM

Z4k said:
Interesting how the mech's armour keeps changing in the opening

^ The weapons that he is equipped too

Nov 1, 2015 10:51 AM

Thought the battle animation could have been a bit better but i think i'm just a bit spoiled here since it is rare to have TV series with this kind of quality. Even ufotable has been a bit lazy as of late. Either way the episode was executed well. I liked how Ogra maneuvered the crew out of a bad situation, and I think that overshadowed Mikazuki's isolated battle, which isn't a bad thing.

9.5/10 episode

Nov 1, 2015 12:01 PM

That battle was really good, glad to see Orga and the crew being able to handle themselves while Barbatos was dancing in space

Nov 1, 2015 12:31 PM
First you give me a pretty good opening episode, with a protagonist that doesn't suck balls, and a military leader that I can get behind, then just four episodes later you give me an episode in SPACE!

This point is going from point to point for me.

Nov 1, 2015 12:49 PM

shanimebib said:
ex_necross said:

You're free to have your own opinion, I just think it looks pretty dumb. At least the Gundam hammer from the 0079 days looked cool, but this thing is, well, a big hunk of metal.

Zeally said:
Thought the battle animation could have been a bit better but i think i'm just a bit spoiled here since it is rare to have TV series with this kind of quality.

Part of it may have been the odd transitions from the very well animated Barbatos boosting around fluidly to the Grazes flying by with maybe 1/4th the frames, or half of them being static images.
Modified by ex_necross, Nov 1, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 1, 2015 1:02 PM
Hitagi's Pet

This show just continues being consistently good on all levels. The characters are well written, story is solid, great OST and animation. It just works. It's score on this site just confirms to me the "mecha bias" that is so prevalent on MAL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 1, 2015 1:08 PM

I can't believe Orga would betray Mika and his crew.

The space battle was great!

Nov 1, 2015 1:19 PM

Z4k said:
Ah that was a great episode. Despite being outsourced to another studio, it had some really cool action scenes.

Done

Nov 1, 2015 1:35 PM

I really hope Todo doesn't know anything even remotely useful to bad guys... Sending him out, amusing as it was, could be a very bad move for Tekkadan. I felt that was what Fareed was laughing about, not the "gift" itself...

Happy to see Tekkadan guys other than Mika take the spotlight. And both Akihiro and Eugene accepted Orga as a leader, good.
He's probably still gonna die though. Atra, too.

Nov 1, 2015 1:46 PM
Fortress_Maximus said:
Z4k said:

Done

Bless you mate.

Nov 1, 2015 2:01 PM

This has been very enjoyable so far, with my only gripe being the inevitable annoying love triangle that's been forming.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Nov 1, 2015 2:11 PM

good plan,i love this serie :)<3

Nov 1, 2015 2:12 PM
This was a great episode. I need to watch more gundam. This is my first. I got a question though. Why don't they want to give Mars independence? I think I'm lost wit the politics in this anime. Can someone explain?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »