Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 20, 2019 1:58 AM

May 2015
Judging by what I saw in this episode I think Sodachi is well beyond redemption. It is kind of them to try to help her - well that is something that Araragi and Hanekawa would do what with their over-developed moral sense and sense of duty - but she seems to me to be insane to the core, struggling, maybe, with major depression and complex PTSD, someone who should get the help of a professional and not some benevolent teenagers. I mean I am really curious how Nisio is going to have them solve her case but it is not something that could be done with a bit of talking, posing and mystic vampire powers.
IshitatesoNov 20, 2019 3:27 AM
Feb 22, 2020 10:25 PM

Feb 2019
was kinda nice episode
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 31, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2018
Don't tell me that maths teacher is her mother...
I hate everyone equally
Aug 12, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2019
The ending made me so sad. Sorry Oikura, even tho you said not to, Imma have to pity you
Aug 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Aug 2020
Que reflexos são esses? Hanekawa pegou uma xícara no ar? Seus poderes de gato e tigre continuam?

Caramba, que história, não me surpreende o ódio pelo Araragi. Pelo que parece encontramos alguém com um passado pior que o da Hanekawa, agora não posso mais dizer que ela merece ficar com o protagonista.

//

What reflexes are these? Hanekawa caught a cup in the air? Do your cat and tiger powers continue?

Damn, what a story, I am not surprised by the hatred for Araragi. Apparently we found someone with a worse past than Hanekawa, now I can't say that she deserves to be with the protagonist.

:(

(Sry for bad english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 16, 2020 10:35 AM

Apr 2020
"If it hurts, just tell someone about it".

I know I'm probably not the one to judge, since I can't relate to Sodachi in terms of background, but I still want to point some things out. That is, Sodachi really didn't try to at least have a taste of happiness she lacked. Hanekawa practically said what I was thinking during the whole episode.

I mean, there were at least a few moments in her life when she could change her life or, at least, stop herself from "breaking".

Why didn't she try to play or talk with Araragi and sisters when she were at his house? Why didn't she stay with them and came back, without telling Araragi's parents anything? Why didn't she tell Araragi that she knew him back in middle school? Why did she demanded Araragi not to tell anyone about their meeting, though she wanted him to tell his parents? Why didn't she try to do something with her mother, like putting her into a hospital when it still could be helped?

That is, because she got sick of others' happiness I guess. Araragi can be blamed for being dense and forgetful and stuff. Though, it's just that Sodachi needed someone to blame instead of herself. This is both sad and condemnable.

Though, I grew somewhat fond of Sodachi myself. I hope Araragi will find a way to easen her pain.

[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Sep 18, 2020 7:44 PM

Jun 2020
It was nice that Oikura hatred on Araragi has been decrease there still a few of hatred on him.

I was kinda happy to see Nadeko on the beginning I actually haven't seen Nadeko after I finished the Monogatari Series second season I'm glad they show her.

This was another decent episode I hope they found Oikura's Mother(>-<)
Oct 3, 2020 1:47 AM
Mar 2018
damn so this is how a mentally ill person reasons... very interesting.
Oct 26, 2020 8:53 PM

Apr 2019
Damn man, Oikura had a harsh childhood... and despite her telling Koyomi to not pity her, I can't help but feel sorry for her.

I'm really glad that Koyomi and Hanekawa were able to get through to her a little bit, hopefully they'll be able to find her mother.

Damn that was a really good episode.
Apr 3, 2021 9:11 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck man, that was such an amazing episode. Once again I gotta give praise to Oikura's VA, she's so fucking good. Personally, that is one of the many best episodes of the show so far.

I love that line "Nobody can make someone happy who doesn't try to be happy". But, man I feel so bad for Oikura, she's so broken. And she knows how broken she is, that she can't even contain happiness. Hanekawa was really the perfect person here, since she herself has had family problems, maybe that is also the reason why she likes Oikura.

Man this was so good.
Jun 9, 2021 3:14 PM

Feb 2020
Wow... I expected for this episode to be hard to watch, but I didn't expect it to be THIS hard. I felt so bad for Oikura, poor girl. Her character is already tragic enough, but her psychology is so well written, it makes it all the more difficult to witness. Not to mention her voice actress is so good.
I don't really know what to say actually, other than repeating what has been so well conveyed in this episode. There is still one thing I wanted to mention, which is that when we first met Oikura, she really gave me the vibes of a very mature and responsible girl. But now that I know her better, I realize that behind this facade, she is still so much like a child. How could it be any different ? She didn't receive any education, she's always been living by herself even when her parents were still around. Of course deep down, she is still a child, and she is in serious need of help. Unfortunately, she is so broken that she's become afraid of happiness, she'd rather stay in her comfort zone, even if it is a very dark place, than step into the unknown, where too much overwhelming feelings that are complete strangers to her could destroy her. This is heartbreaking to think about, even more considering how realistic this traumatized mindset is (I mean, I'm far from having even the quarter of Oikura's problems, yet I can to a certain extent relate to this way of thinking, so I can only imagine how it must be for people who suffer as much as she does). I really hope Araragi and Hanekawa will be able to save her but I have serious doubts. After all, the only thing she wants is for them to find her mom, something they most likely cannot do. And even if they find her, she is the source of Oikura's suffering, it is only going to hurt her more, even if she doesn't realize it. As much as I want for Oikura to feel better and to receive the help she needs, I'm afraid she is too broken. Hanekawa is right, you can't find happiness if you don't search for it, and Oikura clearly doesn't want to try. Poor little thing.
FafetteJun 9, 2021 3:19 PM
Jul 1, 2021 4:56 AM

Jan 2021
Dayum, this was a heavy episode.
5/5
Sep 8, 2021 4:20 AM
Aug 2021
The world has been harsh towards her ever since her childhood. Poor Oikura! She was deprived of happiness and she began despising it. Heck, this made her despise everything in her life, including herself.Her VA did a phenomenal job, especially in this episode. The dialogues gave me chills.
I hope they find her mother,but that may not help Oikura as her mother doesn't seem to care for her daughter at all.

This is cursed. Especially DoraeougiXD
Oct 3, 2021 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, just wow.

It was probably the best episode in the whole Monogatari series.
The drama and voice acting was so intense I could hardly breath.

Thank you, Nisioisin and Shaft.
May 3, 2022 5:32 AM
Nov 2021
What an insane episode ngl but I expect more of this series so yah
4/5
May 31, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Episode of Monogatari was really good. In other news, water is wet.

My religion.

Found myself surprisingly relating with this character a bit here, ouch. Heavy episode in general, as has been the case for Owarimonogatari in general, honestly, I certainly give the episodes a bit longer to digest before going onto the next one. Of course, not as if Bakemonogatari or Monogatari Series: Second Season weren't heavy as well. This season certainly has a very different kind of vibe though, but as I've said, it's really damn good. Have been loving it since the start.
Really intense shots, composition in this show's super well thought out and this episode really highlighted that, really did feel the atmosphere of this confrontation strongly.
Was very surprised by her request at the end, honestly, wow.
Nov 26, 2022 1:32 AM

Nov 2021
Oikura's VA is top tier, the way she masterfully changed & used tones in her voice and the sadness it portrayed, was really impressive!

Mar 27, 2023 8:41 AM

Nov 2010
That Tsubasa vs. Ougi standoff took a little bit too long. Ougi is no match in the boobies department. lol
Nov 8, 2023 5:19 AM

Nov 2023
Understanding Oikura's past, I am not that annoyed at her anymore. Her past is so sad, I teared up.
Jan 1, 2:57 PM
Oct 2020
Perfect, i think this was amazing. The araragi Main Character feeling are impressive
Apr 4, 5:55 PM

May 2021
Holy moly man, Oikura's VA, Karina Inoue's performance is something else. What is up with that range? Properly conveyed the weight of the subject matter being discussed.

Must say though, Hanekawa's saves are impressive.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

171 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.