Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to see a kiss scene and resolving the conflict quickly
Oct 31, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
It wasn't a bad episode, but I noticed some drops on the animation, but they're probably going to adapt some battles in the next episodes so I hope we can see more of Ikki's fighting style.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Oct 31, 2015 2:32 PM

May 2015
And they finally kissed. Not much happened, but the episode was still damn cute and nice.

Oct 31, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2013
I really like the LQ between Stella and Ikki. Based VA's. And dat kiss awwwww couple of the season.

Well, the LN fans are disappointed in the pacing and the stuffs SL added and removed, what should happen really in this episode?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 31, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2015
Ahh... the kiss finally happened.

_Kairu_Oct 31, 2015 4:39 PM

Oct 2014
FLUFF! :D

I can't get over the these rearranged scenes. I'm not complaining it's not bad but it could've been better.

Feb 2014
That fight between Stella and Ikki at the end was so good to watch, especially the way it ended. Idk it's been a while since I've see something like that. This anime is perfect.

Oh and the animation was a bit derp at the begging, when all of those guys showed up to fight Ikki.
Oct 31, 2015 3:02 PM

Jun 2015
Seems like Rebecca Silverman over at ANN is becoming more and more a fan of the show.

Her score for the first few episodes started at a 'C+' and has slowly crawled up to a 'B'. A few more episodes and she might make it all the way to 'A' ;P
Oct 31, 2015 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
Here I was like "Oh well, guess even Cavalry has to do this shit." when the boys started ganging up on Ikki but nope! They became his disciples/admirers soon afterwards. Lazy LN cliche avoided - or even better, baited audience into thinking it was one, then immediately turned it around.

And gotta say, Stella's like, one of those few tsunDEREs that have even the little bit of remaining tsun they have justified. I mean heck, Ikki's like overly generous devoting his time to so many, while Stella just wants some more well-deserved attention. But they'll manage, no storm's sinking this ship.
Oct 31, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2012
"not a harem" i call bullshit lmao

but overall i guess it was an amusing episode, stella still bein cute
Oct 31, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
My heart just came a little bit...GG WP....Why cant all anime have such a cute couple...Maybe because we wouldnt be able to handle that much cuteness if that was the case...
Oct 31, 2015 3:38 PM

Apr 2014
Went off script a little bit but I can't say I enjoyed Ayase's part anyway. Oh well, at least they finished it off with that kiss at the end. The Ikki x Stella ship continues to set sail.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Oct 31, 2015 4:02 PM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
aikaflip said:
It seems like this series is mocking anime cliches. Rather than have the group of jealous guys become his enemy, they joined him. Rather than having Stella and Ikki's relationship get all complicated with misunderstandings, they worked things out, AND kissed. I like that.

5/5

Agreed.

Its genuinely self aware and the adaptation is highlighting that.

Yep. Really liking Rakudai because of that.

Noticed some changes in visuals in the OP too ;o

Dat kiss tho
Oct 31, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
well the kiss scene went better than expected. I honestly thought they were going to "break up" for awhile over the misunderstanding
╳ ╳ ╳
Oct 31, 2015 4:21 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, a kiss in a romcom?!??! Almost unheard of.

And Stella looked even more gorgeous without the twintails.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2015
I couldn't stop laughing watching them argue. Nice episode overall. Really cute kiss.
Oct 31, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
This anime surpassed every other "Fantasy-Action-Shool-Swords" LN adaptions that have came out in the last years.

I started watching Rakudai K... because a friend told me this wasn't another harem, and I'm glaad to see it, usually LN adaptions all have the same plot and development, and made us suffer a ton of boring episodes for nothing happening.
Oct 31, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2012
Gotta give the show one thing for a LN adaptation to have a relationship between the main characters and even focus some on it is something. However that still doesnt mean the relationship is well written whatsoever. Usual misunderstanding troupe that often come with the awful tsundere characters. Absolutely predictable fight. But hey anime and romance was never strong and this is definetly not among the mediums finer examples.

Also that "fight" at the beginning was ridiculous again. Ikki just casuallly throwing that little ball right between his revolve hoslter like its nothign. Also whats with "another one". Do the japs really think that sounds cool? Sounds lamer than "Worst one" if you ask me.

Still its better than the average LN. So about 4/10 :D
Oct 31, 2015 4:46 PM

Mar 2012
baki502 said:
Gotta give the show one thing for a LN adaptation to have a relationship between the main characters and even focus some on it is something. However that still doesnt mean the relationship is well written whatsoever. Usual misunderstanding troupe that often come with the awful tsundere characters. Absolutely predictable fight. But hey anime and romance was never strong and this is definetly not among the mediums finer examples.

Also that "fight" at the beginning was ridiculous again. Ikki just casuallly throwing that little ball right between his revolve hoslter like its nothign. Also whats with "another one". Do the japs really think that sounds cool? Sounds lamer than "Worst one" if you ask me.

Still its better than the average LN. So about 4/10 :D
It should only be Crownless/Uncrowned Sword King. They just feel the need to add more lol.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 31, 2015 4:47 PM

Jun 2015
SandyBoi said:
CookingPriest said:

Agreed.

Dat kiss tho
Yeah 10/10 for that.
Read Toriko!
Oct 31, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2014
ikki and stellas romance makes me cringe :( i feel like they have no chemistry and the storys just trying to force them together and its not even doing a good job at that either because incest bitch throws herself at ikki at every given chance. also stellas voice actress is decent at best so it kills everything. all the girls are really ugly too oh my godddd whats up with that? i thought the otome game portion was hilarious though and im raising the score just for that and stella with her hair down. girl better kill those pigtails
Oct 31, 2015 5:02 PM

Aug 2015
I feel like the animation quality is slowly declining at some parts.

Oct 31, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2014
yuiyuigahama said:
all the girls are really ugly too oh my godddd whats up with that?

Me:What???
yuiyuigahama:hi im allen im a high school sophomore and i love men
Me:Oh...
Oct 31, 2015 5:11 PM

Mar 2012
FlameSpeedster said:

Yeah there are some QUALITY animation this week.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 31, 2015 5:11 PM

Apr 2011
Dat kiss and dat argument doh!!
Oct 31, 2015 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
The obligatory swimsuit/pool episode and this was pretty enjoyable. The guy's reactions when they saw the girl's swimsuits then became shocked at Alice's was hilarious. I was getting worried that the whole misunderstanding during the argument would get dragged on for a while but I'm so glad it was solved really quickly. A lover's quarrel, haha. Ikki and Stella were just so worried about each other being to even take action. At long last, they finally kissed. <3 I have to agree with what others have said about this anime mocking the cliches of other anime in the same genre/setting, it's somewhat refreshing yet familiar. Stella x Ikki ftw~
5/5
Oct 31, 2015 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
LoneWizard said:
yuiyuigahama said:
all the girls are really ugly too oh my godddd whats up with that?

Me:What???
yuiyuigahama:hi im allen im a high school sophomore and i love men
Me:Oh...

i mean i can appreciate a pretty girl when i see one like julis from asterisk but really stella shizuku and glasses girl are all aesthetically unappealing. stellas pigtails literally kill the man i hate them. id personally make shizukus hair longer straight and pulled back on the sides. stellas hair should be kept down or pulled back into one high ponytail. also wardrobe design is absolutely horrid those giant bows in the back of their uniforms are so unflattering. end superficial rant
Oct 31, 2015 5:46 PM
Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
FlameSpeedster said:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Nothing we can do about it. Saving their budget for what actually matters most.

Stella. <3
Oct 31, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Stella and her love relationship with Ikki is clearly the reason to watch this show. Overall the plot is generic and the show is nothing special but Stella has been a fun soft-tsundere to watch. Wish more were like her.

4/5 for the episode; 7/10 for the show so far.

hayka said:
Love that episode. Episode 5 that is. That whole embarrassing pool scene. I'm a 20+ years old, watched alot of animes but those "pure" moments always get me. god knows how many times I paused it because it was too embarrassing. I no I no. I'm such a wimp.

I do that sometimes but more I pause it to squirm and jump and down at the romantic feels.
Oct 31, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2014
seriously am i the only one who was like "let me guess someone or something will prevent them from kissing" ? XD
damn 2 weeks and nothing happened what the fuck where they doing ?
Oct 31, 2015 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
This is getting even better xD Ikki now have a fan club haha from a guy who got an F rank he is damn good now xD
Stella so cute :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 31, 2015 6:14 PM

Jun 2011
The Ikki x Stella pairing is so cute! It's unusual to see even a kiss in these type of Animes, so I am glad that it happened. This is getting better every week!
Let's see how they will crush the student council members.
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 31, 2015 6:45 PM

Dec 2009
That was a beautifully adorable lover's quarrel. I haven't seen something that precious in anime in a long time. Fantastic episode.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 31, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
SandyBoi said:
CookingPriest said:

Agreed.

Dat kiss tho
the cheese was real this episode but i still found myself laughing, also with bits like that keeping the self awareness goes along way.

always been a fan of quick draw stances so looking forward to seeing the Prez fight judging from the OP
Oct 31, 2015 6:52 PM

May 2013
I love this show more than asterisk,probably cause i'm more into romance than harem shows.Not much happening story wise but the characters act way different from the usual trope,which is a good thing.Also the kiss happened so all is good 10/10
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Oct 31, 2015 6:58 PM

Apr 2014
The manga version seem to be cutting out A LOT of stuff...since this anime follow the novel so this have a nice feel to it.
Now they will be fighting those students council member huh.
Stella is way too pure...she is just too cute.
Oct 31, 2015 7:08 PM
Oct 2015
hlubkoj2020 said:
The manga version seem to be cutting out A LOT of stuff...since this anime follow the novel so this have a nice feel to it.

this anime follows the LN? you could hardly tell by this episode
Oct 31, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
Well dropping this now, while it's fresh to see some romantic development for once the characters themself lack chemestry and feels forced/shallow? So far I couldn't give a single fuck about neither of the main two, which kinda hurt the show a lot for me as it seems to focus on the characters/romance.
Oct 31, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2014
Nice Pool Episode :))
Stella best grill in fall season ?
Oct 31, 2015 7:17 PM

Aug 2015
hlubkoj2020 said:
Actually some stuff from this episode seems to be anime original and the rest modified stuff from the source.
Oct 31, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2014
Lmao. How deep in the friend-zone do you have to be (even though she's apparently his girlfriend) to play erotic VNs with your boyfriend as the main path of the game. Lots of funny moments, it's too bad they had to take an episode to sort this crap out, and they really let it flow in the end.

I'm enjoying this anime more than I thought I would, which is saying a lot.

4/5

How can you go two weeks without even touching your partner though? That's so impossible and stupid that it made me dislike this silly plot-device.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Oct 31, 2015 7:28 PM

Oct 2011
Kissed behind a waterfalll <33
Oct 31, 2015 7:38 PM

Aug 2015
Linkmstr said:
NeoAnkara said:
[/spoiler]
Nothing we can do about it. Saving their budget for what actually matters most.

Stella. <3
More like Gainaxing.
Oct 31, 2015 8:01 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, finally the pool episode, some differences from the LN but it's still good.
Ikki and Stella are truly a great couple. I thinks the last couple of action, romance, fantasy animes was Kirito and Asuna.
I'm really enjoying this series.
Oct 31, 2015 8:29 PM

Mar 2013
-_- Any else think Stella is one of the most annoying characters seen in anime history?
Ikki needs to find someone else or no one at all (and certainly not any of the girls seen so far)...
Oct 31, 2015 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
Here is our beach...pool episode. LOL! Funny conversation/argument between those two at the end. Stella is cute and funny. Nice to see romance development unlike other anime.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 31, 2015 8:52 PM

Sep 2013
Nice progressive episode. Disappointed 2 whole weeks and 4 fights have gone by though.
NeoAnkara said:
Loose haired Stella is > Twintailed Stella.

This x10000. I actually found her attractive with that.
Oct 31, 2015 9:07 PM

Nov 2014
So they had some relationship issues xD
Hi there
Oct 31, 2015 9:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Like I said when all of the LN purists were getting their pants all in a bunch, that scene with Ikki owning those boys and getting all of those girls' attentions could have been easily added back

Anyway, this episode was beautiful and I love how popular Ikki is now xD His fight/argument with Stella was too great and that kiss was too magical >//<

Loved the setup with the student council as well as that talk that Stella had with the journalist dude xD And damn, Stella in dat swimsuit HNNNGGGGGG
Oct 31, 2015 9:36 PM

Apr 2014
MaxXZoe said:
End card for Ep5

[spoiler] http://i.imgur.com/r90u85J.jpg

thumbs up.
---------My Profile------------
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.