Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 30, 2015 11:27 AM
Oct 2013
With 4 episodes aired and various clues already laid, it's time to reconstruct the circumstances of the crime and discuss the possible theories behind the Dr. Magata's mysterious death.

P.S. Please avoid spoiling the rest of the details for those who have already read the novel or watched the live drama.

Here are all the various clues provided by the anime:
- Dr. Magata has multiple personalities. So far 3 are known: Magata Shiki (the personality with a real body), Sasaki Suma (who "invited" her Uncle) and Kurimoto Kishio (who made Magata relax before her "first"). Nothing much to say here.
- Moe uttered the word "purple" when she glared on Magata's dead body.
- "Out of the numbers from 1 to 10, '7' is the only lonely number. So the only personality inside me with a motive to kill my parents is Magata Shiki. I am the only one that is 7..." ~quote from Dr. Magata during her interview with Moe. This obviously Moe quoting Dr. Magata or perhaps one or more of her personalities during their meeting, that is if the translation is correct. From what I can understand, including Dr. Magata Shiki there are 9 other personalities inside her - 10 in total. From another personality's perspective, the one who murdered her parents is '7'. It was perhaps the seventh personality i.e. Magata Shiki herself. It's also possible that the numbers assigned to the personalities weren't necessarily in chrononological order. In other words, that means that '7' aka Magata Shiki is the 'base personality'.

One questions arises from me though. How come 'being lonely' can be a motive to kill? Why kill her parents from such trivial reason? Feeling lonely from being intellectually superior which led her to kill her parents? No. This reason is severely lacking. Smart/genius people do not murder people just because they feel alienated. There needs to be a 'push' somewhere. There's one possible answer to this question that came to my mind. Her parents found out their taboo relationship. Drastic measures have taken course which led her to feel 'lonely' (possibly from being apart with the Uncle who she had sex with) which eventually led her to kill her parents. Now this is a valid reason.

And judging from the context of the quotation and who's talking to whom, it seems that Moe was talking to 'one of her other personalities' the whole time, not Dr. Magata herself.

- A 'doll' killed Dr. Magata's parents. She testified that 'it' killed her parents. Already explained above.
- Inside Dr. Magata's residence are: a sewing machine, a used drill with metal dust, metal plates with abrasions, a small television and a tribal head statue.
- A table with 2 chairs inside the kitchen.
- Her bedroom was locked by a robot called Michiru. It has the same voice as Dr. Magata and can only lock door but unable to open one.
- Inside her bedroom are: toy blocks, a big teddy bear, and 3 deflated balloons.
- The maracas, a mexican persussion instrument, used by the guard. Just wanted to point out that a Maracas is also used as toys for babies and toddlers. What does this signify?
- The video feeds recording everything in front of the doorway to Dr. Magata's residence.
- The "small portal" used to transfer necessities to Dr. Magata's residence. I forgot the exact volume that can possibly fit through but it was a enough to fit a whole microwave without putting it sideway.
- The scene of the crime is bafflingly clean. No sign of blood marks, struggle or intrusion. The murder weapon is also missing.
- The director was killed using a knife within a time proximity of 30 minutes. It was stabbed behind his neck. It was physically impossible from his position. It was also impossible to use a device or mechanism to stab his neck behind otherwise they would have already found it out when they examined his cadaver. Therefore, suicide can be ruled out and a killer definitely exist. Whether it's the same killer who killed Magata or not is highly debatable.
- The Red Magic turning nuts when Magata's corpse was found.This is an important piece of clue. Definitely not a malfunction. Impossible. It was either an 'intended task programmed beforehand' or a 'virus' performed by the killer who is familiar with this 'non-public distro' operating system. In other words, the killer is an 'insider'.

And here are the questions yet to be answered:
- Why did Dr. Magata meet with Nishisono Moe?
- Why is she wearing a wedding? Why buy one in the first place? Why chop her limbs and wear a wedding dress? Does this symbolizes something? Whose perspective? Magata, one of her personalities, or the killer?
- Who is the killer? Where is the killer?
- How did the killer killed Dr. Magata?
- Where are Dr. Magata's limbs?
- What does "Everything Goes F" means? What does 'F' stands for?

One of popular theory is that - Dr. Magata gave birth to a child during her detention and then the very same child killed his/her mother. Sorry to say this but this is very unlikely the case. You have to skip a lot of logical steps here to make it acceptable.

First, although it's possible for a woman to deliver a child by herself, it would be a 'real' challenge. Second, why teach her child to become a murderer? Third, why murder his/her own mother? There are more I could make but let's stop here for now.

Of course, if the child doesn't exist but toys for children do then what does this mean? Magata was probably 'playing mother' with her 'delusionary child'. It was probably Magata's wish or desire to have a child, but for some reason, unable to have one. Also, her request for a wedding dress could have originated from her "unsatisfied" desire to wed and have a child. It could also be related to her feeling 'lonely'. It does makes sense if you think in this way.

My personal take is that it's 'suicide', 'consented murder' or a 'mixture of both'.
ExplodingGirlOct 30, 2015 11:35 AM
Oct 30, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
Magata wasn't detained or arrested thou, if remembering it right, she put herself there.

And the director looked strange when he arrived in the helicopter.
Maybe magata was in that helicopter hiding, which can be true if she had a daughter who looked like her.
Oct 30, 2015 12:20 PM
Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
Magata wasn't detained or arrested thou, if remembering it right, she put herself there.

Wait...really? I thought the government put her there instead of jailing her because her talent is a waste.

And the director looked strange when he arrived in the helicopter.
Maybe magata was in that helicopter hiding, which can be true if she had a daughter who looked like her.

But I think the chopped body in the wedding dress is an adult. Considering the body's age (I think 14 years or so) it was impossible for Magata's daugther to match an adult size.

Hmmm...maybe it's possible on a second thought...what the word 'purple' meant might be the corpse's irises. Magata has 'blue' irises but the corpse has 'purple' irises. It was a little dark on the anime but it her eye color was certainly 'purple'.
ExplodingGirlOct 30, 2015 12:26 PM
Oct 30, 2015 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
"Everything Goes F" Saikawa said the f meaning is finished, that's what he think. but finished what?
Oct 30, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2007
Blankbite said:
ichii_1 said:

Wait...really? I thought the government put her there instead of jailing her because her talent is a waste.

She is not serving time for her (alleged) crime (it would not surprise me if someone else turned out to have killed her parents) because was deemed innocent on the grounds of insanity, I think. At any rate, she is most definitely not in jail and could technically leave if she chose to do so as there are no charges against her.

In reality, a 14 year old killer would not be incarcerated for such a long amount of time. In fact, in Japan, given a particular law that protects minors and which has been heavily criticized, you can literally get away with murder by only being put in a facility for a year or two. That you have no record afterwards.

As for the amputated body, I think it may have to do with the doll reference. Dolls get their limbs removed all the time. Or it may be to make it easier to put on the dress. Or, as I saw in a murder novel, be directly connected to the way in which she was killed.
Oct 30, 2015 11:10 PM
Jun 2015
Hmm...so magata murederd herself and the director's killer was another one?

I don't know, but I feel there are going to be more murders...
Oct 31, 2015 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
ani12 said:
Hmm...so magata murederd herself and the director's killer was another one?

I don't know, but I feel there are going to be more murders...

You're saying that it's possible for Magata to cut off her limbs, clean up the mess, dispose of her limbs, put on her wedding dress and get on the cart?

As far as I'm concerned, Magata was murdered by a third party. (Or a third party helped her in her suicide)
Nov 1, 2015 5:00 AM
Oct 2013
simbee said:
As far as I'm concerned, Magata was murdered by a third party. (Or a third party helped her in her suicide)

This is the most logical conclusion. There's definitely a "2nd person" who either killed her or help her to kill herself. There's no other explanation. If she developed something like a machine that can chop her limbs off and clean them without leaving a trace, then that's really something. But it still counts as suicide. There's also no supernatural like ghosts and spectres in this show, so that possibility is scratched off.

Nocturnal said:
As for the amputated body, I think it may have to do with the doll reference. Dolls get their limbs removed all the time. Or it may be to make it easier to put on the dress. Or, as I saw in a murder novel, be directly connected to the way in which she was killed.

It's also impossible that Magata killed the director unless her corpse is literally a 'doll'. In other words, it's a fake. No one actually dared to touch and examine it closely so this scenario is possible. However, several questions would arise with this argument.

First, how did she create a doll that looks exactly like her?
Second, how did she go outside her place without anyone noticing or the security system recording it?
Third, how is she able to kill the director without getting traced by the system or seen by Moe and the rest?

The security system and the video feeds getting botched isn't any problem at all since Magata or the 2nd person using Magata's program could just hack them and change all the logs and records. The real problem here is how Dr. Magata and the director died, and why.
ExplodingGirlNov 1, 2015 5:04 AM
Nov 1, 2015 7:12 AM

Mar 2015
Pardon my ignorance, but i think "F" means "futsū" or "normal". But i don't know about how this word connected with overall text. Maybe it is not fitting in japanese usage. So, i think, Magata just wanted to be a normal human or somethiing like that.
P.S. And yes...Suwano is killer. Just because.
TlahuizcapanteNov 1, 2015 7:18 AM
Nov 1, 2015 8:36 AM
Oct 2013
The butler Suwano... we need for more clues and see more into show for him to become a viable suspect unless...
Nov 1, 2015 10:22 AM

Mar 2015
Blankbite said:
The butler Suwano... we need for more clues and see more into show for him to become a viable suspect unless...

Keyword - butler. Classic.
Nov 1, 2015 12:17 PM
Oct 2013
Tlahuizcapante said:
Blankbite said:

Keyword - butler. Classic.

I see. I see. I just watched it a while ago. What coincidence.
Nov 5, 2015 2:55 AM

Jun 2009
I don't know if it's the show or not, but they somewhat hinted that Nishisono may know more than she's letting on. Not sure if she's part of the murder or not, but she does know something important. We know that when she was younger she hated Souhei because he knew the answers to her magic trick. She wants to be alone with him. And when he mentioned the elevator she looked somewhat disappointed that he went that route.
[/center]
Nov 5, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2007
Blankbite said:

Nocturnal said:

It's also impossible that Magata killed the director unless her corpse is literally a 'doll'. In other words, it's a fake. No one actually dared to touch and examine it closely so this scenario is possible. However, several questions would arise with this argument.

I did not mean that the body is a literal doll. I'm going with the theory that it is indeed Magata's body (or someone else's but a human corpse, at any rate) and that the reason why the limbs were chopped off was to echo the doll reference. Perhaps in the killer's mind by depriving her of limbs he was turning Magata into a doll.

As for the scond hypothesis, that the amputation had something to do with the killing method itself- that I think we have yet to ascertain?- it is something that pops up in murder mysteries every now and then. I remembered it because I came across one such case a while ago and while everyone in-universe was trying to come up with symbollic reasons and whatnot, the real reason turned out to be very mundane, practical and effective as it veritably steered the entire investigation into the wrong direction.
Nov 6, 2015 10:10 PM
Oct 2013
I see my bad. It seems that I skipped the phrase "doll reference" and misunderstood what you mean. If you put it this way, I agree.

Anyway we have new clues in episode 5:

-the army knife used to kill the director is the same knife given as a gift to her Uncle. We now know for sure that the flashbacks have something to do with the incident. We can also be sure that the killer is one of the people who knows the past and has a connection with the knife. Basically put, who owns the is the killer, or perhaps the person next to the owner.

Also, Moe was wearing a "purple" dress when her parents died. As for what it actually signifies, we still do not know. I also had an idea, what if Magata's parent and Moe's parent are actually same? They are siblings perhaps? Maybe I'm just overthinking, nevermind...
Nov 7, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2007
Blankbite said:

-the army knife used to kill the director is the same knife given as a gift to her Uncle. We now know for sure that the flashbacks have something to do with the incident. We can also be sure that the killer is one of the people who knows the past and has a connection with the knife. Basically put, who owns the is the killer, or perhaps the person next to the owner.

Speaking of the knife, it was so strange that the old sold what looks like a military knife to a such a young girl.

Blankbite said:
Also, Moe was wearing a "purple" dress when her parents died. As for what it actually signifies, we still do not know. I also had an idea, what if Magata's parent and Moe's parent are actually same? They are siblings perhaps? Maybe I'm just overthinking, nevermind...

I doubt there is much of a connection but in some European countries purple stands for death. Most people have forgotten the cultural significance of the color but it was connected with the Catholic Church and Passion rites.

I see nothing to even hint at the possibility that Magata is in any way related to Moe. They are most definitely not the same people.
Nov 7, 2015 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
For me when the purple got mentioned, I thought that it wasn't Moe, but rather Magata. The first being that Magata asked Moe if anyone was there when her parents got killed, and Moe said purple when she stared into Magata's eyes. So perhaps the death of Moe's parents are connected to Magata's parent's deaths? There were a ton of bodybags from what it looked like in Moe's nightmare, I forget if it was a mass murder or just the murder of her parents.

Also crazy theory, but I feel like when she gave the knife to her uncle, she wanted to free him from his body, essentially death. There she could possibly add him to one of her multiple personalities, since most of the known personalities so far are people she's cared about or should (in the case of her brother he died).
Nov 7, 2015 10:24 PM

Dec 2014
It is all confusing to me
Nov 10, 2015 4:38 PM
Oct 2015
So, I rewatched episode 5 and something caught my attention. Like, big time. It might be nothing, but hey, at this point I'm willing to take anything as a clue.

This one is related to Moe and the night her parents died. Magata said that someone was by her side, but Moe insists that she was alone. HOWEVER, the dream that ends up with Moe waking up muttering the world "purple" has a person walking behind Moe for a second or two. I took a screenshot:

See that person on the right? That's the one I'm talking about. Now, I might be seeing things, but he looks like a certain someone... What if Moe is trying to suppress that memory and she wasn't alone after all? Of course, that would lead to another question: How did Magata know that?

This anime is making me think hard.
Nov 11, 2015 6:17 PM
Oct 2013
This is what led me to think that they're sisters or maybe childhood friends. Perhaps they just met up on that moment and simply felt close with each other. Maybe Magata took a liking to her on first sight and followed her from behind. Who knows?

Is that Magata wearing the purple dress or Moe? The hair and skin complexion makes me think it's Magata.
Nov 12, 2015 5:17 PM

Aug 2007
The girl wearing a purple dress is Moe, see how she's at an airport? We know her parents died in an accident, odds are it was a plane accident.

Very interesting screenshot, that really looks like Saikawa.
Nov 12, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
I have some general ideas on what is going on after this episode. (spoilers for episode 6 and earlier)

In the last scene of this episode, we see a flashback of Dr. Magata Shiki and her uncle, where they kill her parents. Of course, we already know this happened, but this is the first time we are actually seeing it. The thing that stands out to me is the doll, Michiru. Earlier in the episode, we hear Souhei talk about the four known personalities of Magata Shiki, one of which being herself, and the other one being "Michiru, the doll soaked in blood." Obviously the doll in the last scene of episode 6 is Michiru, but what does this signify?

While looking at your list of clues, OP, I remembered the robot that is also named Michiru. The defining plot point of this robot is that it can lock doors but not open them. I feel that is a direct reference to when she killed her parents. When she killed her parents, maybe she felt like she lost something and couldn't get it back, just like being able not to open a locked door.

I'm still not too sure on what this means, but what I think it means is her stilting her growth, i.e. she increased her capacity for intellectual knowledge but lost her humanity as a result. The various childish objects such as the balloons and the teddy bear might contribute to this as well.

The books on the shelf are very interesting to me as well. Presumably, she kept adding the next volume in a line of books after every year of the anniversary of that incident (the first volume of a book for one year, then the second the next, etc.). I don't really know what this means either. though. It could be a reminder of that incident, or the books which are presumably of an intellectual nature symbolize how far she has gone psychologically in order to gain knowledge.

As for who the killer actually is, the obvious guess is the aunt. She witnessed the deaths of her relatives, so maybe she wanted some revenge. Of course it doesn't make sense in the case of the director's death as that is her husband, but I think we still have a lot to figure out.

lucasjrivarola said:

This is incredibly interesting. If that is Saikawa, then now I have another kind of unrelated but interesting theory. I found it kind of strange how Saikawa looks up to Magata with a weird infatuation. Sure, he could just be interested in her work, which is probably true, but I think there might be something else. This is a big big stretch, but maybe there is a possibility that (not really a spoiler, but just a big claim/theory that I thought might need a spoiler tag :P)
. This theory has waaaay less of a base that my previous one surrounding Dr. Magata, but who knows? It may come true.
TokyoSanchezNov 12, 2015 10:47 PM
Nov 13, 2015 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
Magata's sister might have been summoned that day and dressed up as magata as a body double.
Cutting the limbs may serve to not identify her easily, and the real magata is actually now in disguise as her sister.
That also let's her use the identification code.
She might have been in the elevator going up and remote controlled the door opening with michiru.

It's probably 99% wrong but yeah XD
Nov 13, 2015 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
Seeing how intellectual heavy this anime is, I doubt that the ending is there just for that. And most of the ending shows us visualisation of Conway's Game of Life.

I don't know (yet) how it relates to overall mystery, but I have a hunch that it will be important (somehow).
Nov 13, 2015 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
What if Magata is not dead? The one we see dead is either her child or Magata's sister?
Nov 14, 2015 2:59 PM

May 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
What if Magata is not dead? The one we see dead is either her child or Magata's sister?
It's all guesswork with that. All of these characters could be those personalities of hers anyway since that's being hinted at constantly.
I doubt she had a daughter or anything. This seems to follow some patterns and one of them should be Not to make the Culprit a character that appears later on in the story. Obviously that could also mean that she was the daughter since she looks young, it would still make it so that the characters would still all be present from the beginning, but I can't imagine any escape trick aside from that dress or any actual motive (well not like they have to be logical all the time anyway). There's barely anything to go on from at the moment.
k11chiNov 15, 2015 1:00 PM
Nov 14, 2015 8:51 PM

Aug 2007
It's strange that the uncle was not implicated in Magata's parents' death. Magata was a minor and was deemed mentally unstable but the uncle would normally have been charged with murder. This means that the aunt covered up for him. And of course she does not mention his involvement as she describes the even to Moe and Saikawa.

I noticed one thing apart from the elevator number changing in the video feed. While everyone is looking in the direction of the body carrying cart, Yamane seems to be staring straight at the camera- or at least looking in an entirely different direction than everyone else:

Nov 14, 2015 9:06 PM

Jul 2014
I think its the Aunt for some reason. She doesnt see sane. Who the fuck bakes cookies and has a cookie party rite after their husband dies. I bet The aunt and Yamane teamed up to do this.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 19, 2015 12:20 PM
Feb 2014
Tevens said:
"Everything Goes F" Saikawa said the f meaning is finished, that's what he think. but finished what?

time = 0xffffffff
Nov 20, 2015 10:17 PM

Nov 2015
I am no Hercule Poirot and I have only seen the anime.
I never got to see the live action or read the novel so I only have the 7 episodes to work with.

Thus I got no hard evidence yet, nor a steady grasp of the murderers exact motive or reasoning but this is my take on this case. My story gets a little awkward though so be ready.
This is also based on a strong gut feeling. As they say it takes one to know one.

Needles to say my theory involves spoilers up to and including ep.7 of the anime.

The quick gist of it is in the first part a real quick rundown of key events. After that further down are elaborations but it gets long. I open up with a few not so plausible points to get it out of the way.

Here we go, the less serious theories:

Jokes aside. This where it gets real. "Short" version.

Now for some elaborations.

That covered the most imminent, important points, features and characters of my theory. There is more but I doubt anyone would read it all. In fact I doubt anybody got to the end of this mess. If you did Kudos.
Tom_KoskenNov 20, 2015 10:29 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

278 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.