Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 30, 2015 1:57 AM

Aug 2013
Was pleasantly surprised to see this show getting another (possibly final) season.
From what I understand this will be adapting Sigma so I assume that this will wrap everything up and give this anime the ending it deserves. (Haven't read the LN or Manga)

Of course more spin-off Fumoffu type seasons aren't out of the question but I feel like this particular season will wrap everything up story wise. Whether it will be 1 or 2 cour is unknown but either way I couldn't be more hyped for this.

What do y'all think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2015 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
Either way I'm so happy we're getting more of this.
Oct 30, 2015 12:06 PM

May 2012
I have no idea what people like about this anime. I couldn't even finish the 1st season.

I'm also surprised that the news about new full metal panic got more comments from people than even Jojo part 4 news. I never knew that people cared about this boring anime.
Nov 1, 2015 11:51 AM
Oct 2012
Hadske said:
@path its really a nostalgic anime for me , probably same for the people who here. Fans been waiting for years for a new season , now its finally happening .

fmp the original story is great. The anime could been way way better . But , being butchered and shorten is not going to help .

I never watched the school one . It would be best for a real sequel after TSR to complete the original story novel .

What do you mean by butchered? Are you referring to Gonzo's s1 or KyoAni's Fumoffu and TSR?
Nov 1, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
Either way Testarossa > Kaname
Nov 1, 2015 1:29 PM
Oct 2015
I hope that this will be an awesome wrap up for the story. I have read the manga and I can't wait to see it animated.

Also I liked how they put extra content (minor details which wasn't in the manga) into the TSR anime, I can't wait to see if they will do that here too.

There is only one thing I'm concerned about and that is the Dub. I hope funi will do it with the old cast. :)
Nov 1, 2015 7:40 PM

Apr 2015
They should finish this anime already. Fans of the original anime are dying to see Sousuke X Kaname settle down their feelings....
#CHEXIT
Nov 2, 2015 9:03 AM

Oct 2008
thepath said:
I have no idea what people like about this anime. I couldn't even finish the 1st season.

I'm also surprised that the news about new full metal panic got more comments from people than even Jojo part 4 news. I never knew that people cared about this boring anime.

Well, to each his own, isn't it? Full Metal Panic! is a show that fuses the worlds of high school romance and military mecha fights. If you're only a fan of one of the aspects, I can understand how this series might fall flat for you. However, I love both genres, and FMP! delivers on both counts.

Not to mention, the comedy is nothing short of excellent. Never have I seen the "Tarzan and Jane" story executed so brilliantly in any other series. The characters shine and the chemistry between Sousuke and Chidori is just a treat to watch on-screen.

Depending on your perspective, anything can be boring. JoJo's is great, but I could just as easily say that it's a cliched, predictable story with one-note caricatures for characters. But that's not the point of the series, is it? It's about the hot-blooded, manly fights, over-the-top situations and the catharsis of good triumphing over evil.

Even if you don't like the series, I would hope that you can at least see how others might find it appealing.
Nov 2, 2015 9:22 AM
Oct 2015
Hadske said:

I dont know if the school season was apart of the original story.

Fumoffu mostly consist of the cut out comedy chapters. It is a pure comedy intermission between S1 and TSR. It is not apart from the original story, it shows how the main characters spend their time during the peaceful days.
Nov 3, 2015 8:22 AM

Oct 2008
Fumoffu is completely canon though and is chronologically set between S1 and S2. Events from the first season are referenced in the Fumoffu and Fumoffu is referenced in TSR.
Nov 13, 2015 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
Kamuka said:
I hope that this will be an awesome wrap up for the story. I have read the manga and I can't wait to see it animated.

Also I liked how they put extra content (minor details which wasn't in the manga) into the TSR anime, I can't wait to see if they will do that here too.

There is only one thing I'm concerned about and that is the Dub. I hope funi will do it with the old cast. :)

I was hoping the same thing.
I don't think funimation would have a hard time doing that
aside from the fact that Kalanin's VA is dead. RIP Mike Kleinhenz
Nov 17, 2015 6:42 AM
Aug 2015
Rumors that BONES and Tomoki Kyoda (Eureka 7) is directing.
Nov 22, 2015 4:32 AM

Jun 2015
This should wrap up the story I reckon. I finished Sigma but cant wait to watch this!
Nov 29, 2015 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
Actar said:
thepath said:

Well, to each his own, isn't it? Full Metal Panic! is a show that fuses the worlds of high school romance and military mecha fights. If you're only a fan of one of the aspects, I can understand how this series might fall flat for you. However, I love both genres, and FMP! delivers on both counts.

Not to mention, the comedy is nothing short of excellent. Never have I seen the "Tarzan and Jane" story executed so brilliantly in any other series. The characters shine and the chemistry between Sousuke and Chidori is just a treat to watch on-screen.

Depending on your perspective, anything can be boring. JoJo's is great, but I could just as easily say that it's a cliched, predictable story with one-note caricatures for characters. But that's not the point of the series, is it? It's about the hot-blooded, manly fights, over-the-top situations and the catharsis of good triumphing over evil.

Even if you don't like the series, I would hope that you can at least see how others might find it appealing.

Basically this. There are plenty of anime that I don't "get" the popularity of, but I basically just don't watch it. Different strokes for different folks. I think the show is hilarious and balances romance with mecha really well. Others think it's dumb. Very few anime series are universally praised.

Not really sure I understand going to a show's forums just to make a comment like this, though. I thought Hetalia was daft and a complete waste of my time, but I wouldn't go onto their forums and tell them I thought their show sucked. Chances are they don't care about my opinion and I don't much care to hear them explain why they love it, so I just left my rating and moved on with my life.
Dec 6, 2015 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
The fmp 2nd season was only 10-15% of fmp sigma(manga) , so i don't think so.
Unless if the story will be butchered.
Dec 12, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2014
thepath said:

Then you never made it to the glory of season 2
Dec 12, 2015 10:59 PM
Oct 2009
What is the animation studio?
Jan 13, 2016 11:27 PM
Nov 2010
I can't believe I didn't hear about this until now! Can't wait!!! I've been waiting like 4 years for this news!
Jan 15, 2016 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
Finally! I hope it`s going to happen. I`m waiting for this since 2005...
Jan 17, 2016 5:47 AM

Nov 2012
What is next is a incident in a ship. And then there is A LOT before the end. I could finish the light novel some time ago, I can't remember some things. I really hope they adapt everything (especially a part of Richard 'badass' Mardukas). But oh well, only time will give us the answer.
What can I say? I'm super mega hyped with this. I'm watching the show for the eighth time, I think? xD
Jun 28, 2016 11:16 PM

Jun 2008
Any news on this?!

It's been a long time since it was announced....

But still nothing!
Jul 6, 2016 7:55 AM
Mar 2016
theyre updating the website bit by bit so im hoping for some announcement by this fall
Jul 8, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2012
So I assume it should be for 2017 ?

Still no more details about the season lenght, or is it gonna end the main story and the love triangle ?
kappa34Jul 8, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 25, 2016 6:16 PM

Apr 2011
kappa34 said:

Still no more details about the season lenght, or is it gonna end the main story and the love triangle ?

I think it's safe to assume that this is going to adapt the rest of the light novels...
and the love triangle is technically over already, isn't it? Did you not watch The Final Raid?
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 25, 2016 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
AngelicTotoro said:
kappa34 said:

I think it's safe to assume that this is going to adapt the rest of the light novels...
and the love triangle is technically over already, isn't it? Did you not watch The Final Raid?

Yeah, no, I agree, the love triangle is over

kappa34Jul 25, 2016 10:24 PM
Jan 29, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
geniy said:
RPSB9 said:
They should finish this anime already. Fans of the original anime are dying to see Sousuke X Kaname settle down their feelings....

Sorry bro, but fans are dying to see Sousuke X Tessa kiss each other.

Big spoilers below, like seriously if you don't want to know which one Sousuke chooses in the end, don't click it!

sazzrahJan 22, 2018 2:04 AM
Jan 29, 2017 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Marths said:
I really hope they adapt everything (especially a part of Richard 'badass' Mardukas).

Gatoh said the point of this series is to finish the story off, so get hype - it looks like we're going to get to see the whole thing animated. Fingers crossed for a 36 episode 3 cour series, but probably what's more likely is a 24 2 cour series.

Also YES! I am dying to see Mardukas turn his cap backwards and become The Duke! I hope they animate the Dancing Very Merry Christmas LN because his part in that story is EPIC. But it seems unlikely as they are doing it as an audio drama right now. :( Can only hope, like in Sigma, we get to see DVMC animated towards the end of the series as a flashback.
Mar 8, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
sazzrah said:
I hope they animate the Dancing Very Merry Christmas LN because his part in that story is EPIC. But it seems unlikely as they are doing it as an audio drama right now. :( Can only hope, like in Sigma, we get to see DVMC animated towards the end of the series as a flashback.

Seeing as the promo picture on MAL is from exactly that, I think chances are good. I also think it chronologically comes next, so the new anime might open with it.
Apr 3, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
Just finished my rewatch. I am ready.
Apr 29, 2017 7:25 AM
Sep 2014
IZEROII said:
Just finished my rewatch. I am ready.

Haha I will have to do my rewatch as well to prepare my body
May 9, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
geniy said:
RPSB9 said:

Sorry bro, but fans are dying to see Sousuke X Tessa kiss each other.
we will crown tessa as best girl or this anime will be worthless
Jul 4, 2017 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
vanetz said:
sazzrah said:
I hope they animate the Dancing Very Merry Christmas LN because his part in that story is EPIC. But it seems unlikely as they are doing it as an audio drama right now. :( Can only hope, like in Sigma, we get to see DVMC animated towards the end of the series as a flashback.

Seeing as the promo picture on MAL is from exactly that, I think chances are good. I also think it chronologically comes next, so the new anime might open with it.

Chronologically in the light novels its next, but in the Sigma manga it's pushed to right before the end, "Kaname" is having a flashback of happier times... I can only hope we get to see it animated as some sort of OVA. The new PV from Anime-Expo 2017 seems to confirm DVMC will be skipped as all the scenes shown are from the opening chapters of the 8th LN 'Continuing On My Own' which happens after DVMC. :(

A real shame since BIG things happen in that novel character-wise, but I can understand why they've ditched it because it is tonally very different to the rest of the series. It's quite comedic in places - especially Tessa et al trying to pretend to be terrorists lol - whereas COMO onwards it's just dark, bleak heart-wrenching stuff. But it does have its light moments. But they're exactly that - moments. Most of DVMC is pretty silly.

I think the picture MAL is using for FMP IV is actually a promo picture for the audio drama of DVMC not for the anime. The only promo pic we have of the anime is the close up of the Arbalest with the series logo on it. That should be the picture up on MAL imo.

Jul 11, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
I hope the voice actors won't be too off...

Just remembering the D.Gray-man sequel gives me cringes.

Jul 22, 2017 7:38 PM
Aug 2016
If it's a 2-cour series, then I think it won't be the end. It'll probably end either at the end of "Come Make My Day" or "Approaching Nick of Time". Then they'll do a finale season for both parts of "Always, Stand by Me" which I'd totally be okay with! Otherwise, I feel like if they try and squeeze everything in, it's gonna be a bit rushed.

Considering how much character development happens during the rest of the series, I definitely don't want that to happen. Still super stoked for this though!
Jul 25, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
SMusic said:
If it's a 2-cour series, then I think it won't be the end. It'll probably end either at the end of "Come Make My Day" or "Approaching Nick of Time". Then they'll do a finale season for both parts of "Always, Stand by Me" which I'd totally be okay with! Otherwise, I feel like if they try and squeeze everything in, it's gonna be a bit rushed.

Considering how much character development happens during the rest of the series, I definitely don't want that to happen. Still super stoked for this though!

I'm worried about that too, it seems like far too much content for 24-26 episodes. We already know that Dancing Very Merry Christmas is being skipped, so we're heading straight into Continuing On My Own. The track record so far is that 3 novels were covered in FMP! (24 eps) then 2 novels in FMP: TSR (13 eps). So I have no idea how they are going to tackle 6 novels of content in 2 cours. I think personally it needs 3 minimum.

What's even more concerning is that Shikidouji confirmed that there will be original material too! Where the heck are they getting the time to fit all this in??

I wonder if Gatoh is actually going to rework the story to condense it the way he did with TSR adapting Ending Day by Day. I just hope they don't stop short of the end - I want to see this story finally finished.
Jul 25, 2017 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my... it's not very reassuring :S I was happy they were gonna adapt everything until the end ( I haven't read any LN so I've been waiting for the anime for a long time to know what's next ^^ ) but now... With what you are saying... I'm kind of hoping they aren't gonna adapt all the remaining novels within those 2 cour ^^'...

Just out of curiosity, because you seem to have read all the LN, was TSR well adapted from the LN ?
Jul 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Sep 2011
kappa34 said:
Oh my... it's not very reassuring :S I was happy they were gonna adapt everything until the end ( I haven't read any LN so I've been waiting for the anime for a long time to know what's next ^^ ) but now... With what you are saying... I'm kind of hoping they aren't gonna adapt all the remaining novels within those 2 cour ^^'...

Just out of curiosity, because you seem to have read all the LN, was TSR well adapted from the LN ?

Yes, it was well adapted, but it was condensed and altered in parts. For example, Gates does not appear in the novel at all, but he's one of the best characters in TSR, so he was a great addition imo. TSR's first 4 episodes are all original content Gatoh wrote for the anime too, but they're excellent episodes, and set up the story well. It's actually the best of all the novel adaptations I would say.

I think the reason for that, is that it was written by the LN writer, Gatoh Shojii and he is writing this new series too, so if someone is going to make it work, it's him.

If you are anime only, I would suggest reading Dancing Very Merry Christmas... as the anime is skipping that novel, and it's brilliant - a lot of character stuff happens in that novel, which is why its a damn shame it's been relegated to an audio drama... No one has subtitled the drama thus far, so reading the book is a must imo before watching the new series. Especially if you're a fan of the Sousuke-Chidori-Tessa love triangle. ;)
Jul 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Sep 2012
sazzrah said:

If you are anime only, I would suggest reading Dancing Very Merry Christmas... as the anime is skipping that novel, and it's brilliant - a lot of character stuff happens in that novel, which is why its a damn shame it's been relegated to an audio drama... No one has subtitled the drama thus far, so reading the book is a must imo before watching the new series. Especially if you're a fan of the Sousuke-Chidori-Tessa love triangle. ;)

Hm I see ^^ I never read a LN before so I'm not sure I would enjoy it but... I have to admit the way you sell it is quite appealing, because I really like the relationship between the 3 of them. I assume it can be found easily on the net ?
Jul 25, 2017 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
kappa34 said:
sazzrah said:

Hm I see ^^ I never read a LN before so I'm not sure I would enjoy it but... I have to admit the way you sell it is quite appealing, because I really like the relationship between the 3 of them. I assume it can be found easily on the net ?

I wasn't sure I would enjoy FMP as a novel, but I loved it. Plus if you read a chapter or two and decide it's not for you, you've not spoiled anything for the new series. You can find the novels very easily but I suspect linking to them here isn't allowed? Not sure... but if you just Google "misterv fmp" the top result should be an archive of the translated novels, Dancing Very Merry Christmas is volume 6, and happens immediately where TSR left off. ;)
Jul 25, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah I think so too, so no need to link anything ^^ Don't worry I'm gonna find it using what you told me just now ^^ thx for the advice ;)

I'm gonna give it a shot and see if I'm interested in the LN !

Edit: Ok, found it :D !
Jul 25, 2017 6:14 PM
Aug 2016
sazzrah said:
SMusic said:

I'm worried about that too, it seems like far too much content for 24-26 episodes. We already know that Dancing Very Merry Christmas is being skipped, so we're heading straight into Continuing On My Own. The track record so far is that 3 novels were covered in FMP! (24 eps) then 2 novels in FMP: TSR (13 eps). So I have no idea how they are going to tackle 6 novels of content in 2 cours. I think personally it needs 3 minimum.

What's even more concerning is that Shikidouji confirmed that there will be original material too! Where the heck are they getting the time to fit all this in??

I wonder if Gatoh is actually going to rework the story to condense it the way he did with TSR adapting Ending Day by Day. I just hope they don't stop short of the end - I want to see this story finally finished.

If we go based on the formula that one light novel = 4 episodes, then I guess it COULD work.

COMO = 4
BOMF = 4
CMMD = 4
ANOT = 4
ASBM1 = 4
ASBM2 = 4
------------------
Total of 24 episodes.

But yeah, the story takes a dramatic shift from COMO onward, so I have pretty high expectations for the anime. Though I will say, I don't think I've anticipated an anime quite as much as this one!
Jul 25, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
SMusic said:

But yeah, the story takes a dramatic shift from COMO onward, so I have pretty high expectations for the anime. Though I will say, I don't think I've anticipated an anime quite as much as this one!

Stop Teasing me !!! I love drama so saying things like that just makes me want to see what happens next even more XD

Same here, I don't think I've been waiting for an anime as much as I'm waiting for this one !
Jul 25, 2017 6:21 PM

Sep 2011
SMusic said:

If we go based on the formula that one light novel = 4 episodes, then I guess it COULD work.

COMO = 4
BOMF = 4
CMMD = 4
ANOT = 4
ASBM1 = 4
ASBM2 = 4
------------------
Total of 24 episodes.

I've seen other people suggest that too, 4 episodes per novel... it would still be very rushed, they would be going through events at breakneck speed. Gatoh did suggest that though at the Expo he was at recently, where he said there would be no set up or introduction to characters etc, it would just be going straight into it, I guess under the assumption you've seen everything leading up to the new series, which is a bold choice considering how old the past series are now.

I think 2 cour is almost certainly what we will get, but I do have my fingers crossed for 3. 6 episodes per novel fits with how they adapted TSR.
Jul 25, 2017 6:22 PM
Aug 2016
kappa34 said:
SMusic said:

Stop Teasing me !!! I love drama so saying things like that just makes me want to see what happens next even more XD

Same here, I don't think I've been waiting for an anime as much as I'm waiting for this one !

If you want a visual guide with the rest of the story, I highly recommend checking out the FMP Sigma manga. It also includes Dancing Very Merry Christmas so you get the whole story ;)
Jul 25, 2017 6:25 PM
Aug 2016
sazzrah said:
SMusic said:

COMO = 4
BOMF = 4
CMMD = 4
ANOT = 4
ASBM1 = 4
ASBM2 = 4
------------------
Total of 24 episodes.

I've seen other people suggest that too, 4 episodes per novel... it would still be very rushed, they would be going through events at breakneck speed. Gatoh did suggest that though at the Expo he was at recently, where he said there would be no set up or introduction to characters etc, it would just be going straight into it, I guess under the assumption you've seen everything leading up to the new series, which is a bold choice considering how old the past series are now.

I think 2 cour is almost certainly what we will get, but I do have my fingers crossed for 3. 6 episodes per novel fits with how they adapted TSR.

I'm there with you, DEFINITELY hoping for 3-cour. I feel like COMO and BOMF would be okay in terms of fast pace, but the novels after that are the ones I'm concerned about.
Jul 25, 2017 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
SMusic said:
kappa34 said:

If you want a visual guide with the rest of the story, I highly recommend checking out the FMP Sigma manga. It also includes Dancing Very Merry Christmas so you get the whole story ;)

Oh... Sigma is covering Dancing very Merry Christmas ? °° I thought it was just covered in the LN that's why I asked Sazzrah about the LN but if Sigma covers it... hmm... May be I'm gonna go read it just to get this arc, I dont wanna spoil whats next before I see the anime. And if worst comes to worst and the anime is way too rushed in some ways, I will read the full Sigma manga after seeing the anime !

So Sigma starts with the Dancing Christmats arc ? I don't know anything about the manga except its the last part of the whole series
Jul 25, 2017 6:32 PM

Sep 2011
kappa34 said:

Oh... Sigma is covering Dancing very Merry Christmas ? °° I thought it was just covered in the LN that's why I asked Sazzrah about the LN but if Sigma covers it... hmm... May be I'm gonna go read it just to get this arc, I dont wanna spoil whats next before I see the anime. And if worst comes to worst and the anime is way too rushed in some ways, I will read the full Sigma manga after seeing the anime !

So Sigma starts with the Dancing Christmats arc ? I don't know anything about the manga except its the last part of the whole series
If you would rather read the manga version in Sigma, it's a bit tricky as the story does take place at the same time (after TSR) but it doesn't appear in the manga until much later as a flashback. So you have to know the exact page to start and stop reading to avoid spoilers lol...

Which I will happily tell you xD

So, if you want to read DVMC as a manga start at Chapter 61: Crysalis. Page 7. Very important that you skip to page 7 and read none before to avoid spoilers for the upcoming anime.

Then stop at chapter 70: Very Merry Christmas. Page 33. Again, don't go even 1 page over otherwise spoilerville!

I'll link you the page where you can start, if its not allowed then mods can edit or delete my post.
http://www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Full_Metal_Panic_Sigma_61_7
Jul 25, 2017 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
Thank you very much to you both ^.^ Now I know what I'm gonna do before i've gotta go to work later :P
Jul 25, 2017 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
kappa34 said:
Thank you very much to you both ^.^ Now I know what I'm gonna do before i've gotta go to work later :P

Enjoy ;) Personally I prefer the novel, as it's much more detailed and you get into Sousuke's head a lot more, which is interesting - to know what he's actually thinking. But I can't deny the appeal of the manga being much more visual. Who knows, if the new anime series is popular, we may get to see DVMC as an OVA.
Jul 25, 2017 6:39 PM
Aug 2016
sazzrah said:
kappa34 said:

If you would rather read the manga version in Sigma, it's a bit tricky as the story does take place at the same time (after TSR) but it doesn't appear in the manga until much later as a flashback. So you have to know the exact page to start and stop reading to avoid spoilers lol...

Which I will happily tell you xD

So, if you want to read DVMC as a manga start at Chapter 61: Crysalis. Page 7. Very important that you skip to page 7 and read none before to avoid spoilers for the upcoming anime.

Then stop at chapter 70: Very Merry Christmas. Page 33. Again, don't go even 1 page over otherwise spoilerville!

I'll link you the page where you can start, if its not allowed then mods can edit or delete my post.
http://www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Full_Metal_Panic_Sigma_61_7

Someone give this guy a medal.

But yes, DO NOT SPOIL YOURSELF. Ish goes down... you're going to want the pay-off that follows!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pick the best girl!

bisikerim - May 27, 2018

8 by EvilGrin »»
Mar 11, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

72 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 17, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 16, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 11 Discussion

10 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 10 Discussion

12 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.