Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2009 8:09 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dec 19, 2009 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
wow, i'm impressed especially by the end. i love the way how Cosette's portrait smiles, and the sentences last sentences which means probably that Cosette started to trust Kurasaki were great.

pain through which he passed is admirable. despite the fact he had collapse moment I understand , in fact he's a human. anime perfectly showed his emotions; envy, fear and also his love to Cosette. he left the pain because he wanted to relieve her.
contrast between bright and beautiful figure of a small Cosette and her
character who hides dark secrets and sorry for the man who had failed her creates a brilliant picture of the whole.
and the music... <3
May 11, 2010 10:48 AM

Dec 2009
Cosette's smiling portrait was the bast part of this episode , also nice to know that her lover was portraitofille ( he killed her to maek her remain like in the portraits , didn't he?) .
Ending = still win <3
Nov 4, 2010 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
Now this part I definitely liked more! More things where explained and even the pain and violence is somewhat explained.
The music makes this even more awesome.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 21, 2011 8:39 AM

Jun 2011
The part when he found out that he really is Marcello...
I thought his heart was gonna break.
But the thought of someone loving you so much that he would sacrifice his own life for you...
I love this OVA. <3
Come out, come out, wherever you are...
Apr 30, 2012 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
Why would Marcelo stab Cossette to death? Wouldn't poisoning her be more romantic and preserve her youthful beauty?
Jul 7, 2013 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
Started getting good towards the end
Dec 17, 2013 7:33 PM

Feb 2013
The first time I watched this episode, I was completely lost. Even after 3 times, I'm not sure if I completely get it yet.

I understand the clock now (the objects from the first episode are broken and their souls at rest)... now the same with the clock.

The difficult part is... well... all the rest. In my mind, I'll just consider it all symbolism for love and sacrifice... because that's the best way I think I can understand this.
May 13, 2014 9:57 PM
Mar 2013
A great improvement over the first episode. Now we understand why Marcelo killed Cossette. And if you don't mind me saying so, that was one of dumbest and most cliched reasons to kill someone.

Marcelo was one deranged artist that much is certain. I'm not totally sure how Eiri survived after Cossette killed him. Actually I'm not even sure what really happened with the monster/clock scene.

Hopefully next episode will clear up the mystery.
Jul 1, 2014 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
Just like the first episode, started off a little slow, but towards the end shit just went down! Though I'd be lying if I said I understood everything that happened. =s
Jun 9, 2015 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
The MC has Marcelo's soul but he is also his own person.
All the objects that were there when the girl died all have a grudge and hatred towards Marcelo, and the girl wants to free or save the spirits by letting them hurt the MC who has Marcelo's soul.

I like how trippy the anime is XD
Jun 20, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2015
OriginANIME said:
Just like the first episode, started off a little slow, but towards the end shit just went down! Though I'd be lying if I said I understood everything that happened. =s

Hehe same here.
I love how artistic this OVA is,but I hope that I can make sense out of all this after the finale.Maybe it's one of these shows you just have to rewatch?

Hakuromatsu said:
Why would Marcelo stab Cossette to death? Wouldn't poisoning her be more romantic and preserve her youthful beauty?

I thought the exact same thing mhm maybe it wasn't about keeping her beautiful/young but rather about not letting her age so he didn't care what way she would die.This way his portraits of her would show the truth and not only a relict of the past once she grows older.Maybe this is important for him?Or he is just bat shit crazy and has a little complex... ;D
Also getting stabbed is more fitting for the presentation imo,you see how scared and shocked Cossette was,so it has a bigger impact and her reaction brands itself onto the viewers mind and also leaves Cossette with a trauma thats important for the story(how she interacts with "the new" Marcelo) ..or we are overthinking something ;p
_HeroKenzan_Jun 20, 2015 4:49 PM
Dec 12, 2015 3:31 AM

May 2010
I am getting bored...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 2, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
Confucius said:
I am getting bored...
Confucius said:
I am getting bored...

same here
needs more talking ,stop with slow conversation.

Aug 2, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2010
It starts to make more sense now and damn that pedo artist -_- for the sake of a portrait..

Still if I were mc.. I wouldnt endure the suffering just for a girl but thats just me..
Sep 5, 2016 6:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Don't trust every girl you see in a glass who invites you inside. Other than that..... I liked this episode better than the first one. Now one to go....
Oct 19, 2016 9:02 PM
Sep 2016
It's not a real anime until the lightning strikes him.
Feb 13, 2017 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
Rewatch 4.

I still find this episode difficult to really understand. I think it's mostly about Eiri's deepening obsession. He fought back for a second, but then decided not to and instead take the full brunt of the curse... all for Cossette.

As for Cossette, her innocence is well portrayed... a little girl with romantic dreams... only to have that absolutely crushed by the one she loved. Of course she didn't want to be drawn, because she once loved it.

I don't only have praises for this episode. The reuse of scenes from the first episode was quite annoying/obvious to the point of detriment to the episode. Repeating things can have a psychological effect, but I don't think it really worked as well here as it could have (EVA does it better).
Feb 13, 2017 6:43 PM
Feb 2017
i dont understand this anime
Sep 1, 2017 5:36 AM

Jul 2014
Find it kind of harsh that Eiri is being forced to suffer because of Marcelo killing Cossette and baffling that he's willing to endure such pain for sins he ultimately didn't commit. Sure, he apparently has Marcelo's soul or whatever, but he's still his own person and surely has the right to fight back and try to preserve his life rather than letting all the objects take out their rage on him and almost kill him. It's an interesting concept, to be sure, but it all feels so arbitrary and unfair that it's hard to get behind it.
Dec 10, 2018 8:47 PM

Jul 2017
Lots of yelling in various Akira-esque finale scenes, I wasn't too big on this. The first half and final bit were good, though. The latter half just went way overboard, and, again, could have been shortened quite a bit. I really wish this series was more standard TV-length episodes. Also, gotta mention that Cossette naked was just kind of weird and creepy and the dominance/submission/lolita angle makes me uncomfortable too.
Jul 18, 2019 10:03 PM

Jul 2016
Unlike the previous episode, this one was quite boring for the most part. The last minutes were a bit more interesting tho.

One more episode to go.
Jul 25, 2019 7:07 PM

Jun 2015
this episode was more boring compared to the first episode and how it could actually captivate you. nice for the most part, but i could probably fall asleep in the 25 minutes of this episode.
May 16, 2020 1:29 PM

Aug 2017
Artsy, though the plot is pretty simple. I don't think I got anything *substantially* new here - I mean, it was obvious that Marchello was Cossette's fiance from episode 1. Still liked it though, I just like Shinbo's style and this whole Gothic Lolita thing fused with it. The imaginary world is really trippy. ED is really great.
Mar 24, 2021 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
This OVA is definitely going for visual art over traditional storytelling, and I'm here for the entire thing. Yet again, the music is beautiful, the visuals are stunning and the story, while simple, still remains compelling. Overall, a really good second episode.
Apr 19, 2022 3:19 PM
Dec 2017
this was a wild ass ride.

Sep 17, 2022 9:55 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah, out of billions of people why him!? I want to be the chosen one instead. I can bear all the pain for a cute waifu!

Cossette has cute armpits. I wanna lick em so bad!

Ah, I can relate with Marcelo's madness. Yeah, young girls are truly the best and are living works of art! It really sucks they eventually grow old and lose that beauty. It's better to kill them at their prettiest! This reminds me of Kara no Shoujo when Misa Rokushiki somehow adipocerated into something that looks eternally beautiful.
Nov 6, 2023 4:42 PM

Dec 2022
Marcelo killed Cossette because he was dismayed at the prospect of her growing up and losing her perfect loli body. As much as I can empathise with those thoughts, stabbing her to death is a hell of a solution.

Is Eiri really Marcelo though? I initially thought Eiri just took up the "curse" of Marcelo's soul after being imbued with it through drinking the blood, but apparently he's Marcelo's reincarnation outright.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 26, 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
Much better than first episode, but switching to french dub really helped

More topics from this board

Poll: » Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dunther - May 15, 2008

83 by GrayZStars »»
Mar 20, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lostty - Dec 27, 2008

53 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:44 PM

» Le Portrait de Petit Cossette 02

dybuk - Nov 22, 2009

0 by dybuk »»
Nov 22, 2009 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.