Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 30, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. That said, I'm fairly sure I already know how it's going to end.

The fact that Fujioka has asthma and it's severe enough he at one point had to move to be treated for it is a big hint. Allergies and asthma are both genetic disorders, and asthma is a type of allergy. Reactions that trigger allergies can often trigger asthma in people who have it. Because they're genetic, it's likely a lot of the people in his family who died early were because of it.

My guess is that the material of the painting is an allergen, and the reason it's "cursed" is because the people in his family who owned the painting were so allergic to its material that it triggered a fatal attack. If his uncle was allergic to dogs too, that could also explain why Hector is also associated with the curse. Or maybe, because animals are sensitive to things such as death, Hector really can tell when a person is in danger due to death having been such a prevailing part of the poor pup's life.

In any case, I'm guessing the reason Sakurako knew Fujioka still has the painting hung up somewhere is because she realized Fujioka is showing asthma symptoms and she's aware its the source.

I could be wrong about a lot of this, but everything about this episode implied that is the direction of this story.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 30, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2015
Zadion said:
I really enjoyed this episode. That said, I'm fairly sure I already know how it's going to end.

The fact that Fujioka has asthma and it's severe enough he at one point had to move to be treated for it is a big hint. Allergies and asthma are both genetic disorders, and asthma is a type of allergy. Reactions that trigger allergies can often trigger asthma in people who have it. Because they're genetic, it's likely a lot of the people in his family who died early were because of it.

My guess is that the material of the painting is an allergen, and the reason it's "cursed" is because the people in his family who owned the painting were so allergic to its material that it triggered a fatal attack. If his uncle was allergic to dogs too, that could also explain why Hector is also associated with the curse. Or maybe, because animals are sensitive to things such as death, Hector really can tell when a person is in danger due to death having been such a prevailing part of the poor pup's life.

In any case, I'm guessing the reason Sakurako knew Fujioka still has the painting hung up somewhere is because she realized Fujioka is showing asthma symptoms and she's aware its the source.

I could be wrong about a lot of this, but everything about this episode implied that is the direction of this story.

This was pretty much what I was thinking as well, though I'm not sure how that mysterious colleague we saw briefly fits into all this.
Oct 31, 2015 7:41 AM

Nov 2011
Episode much more interesting than usual, maybe the credit goes to the narrative a bit slower and the case considered. Narration less stupid, but much more serious and somber than usual, good designs and animations. Curious to find out how to solve the case.
Oct 31, 2015 7:59 AM

Mar 2013
This ep felt more tensed and good. Kinda like that. And gotta love those details in the animation.
Oct 31, 2015 9:00 AM

Dec 2013
why did the episode have to end when it became interesting.. ?why!!
Oct 31, 2015 12:39 PM

May 2015
Cool to see a case that's longer than one episode. It'll be pretty interesting to see what happens next.
Oct 31, 2015 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Still no character development. Please get better.
Nov 1, 2015 8:01 AM

Jun 2015
An okay episode. I'll rather have more characters development though.
Nov 1, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2014
I just wanna see who is the fiance of the female MC...
Nov 1, 2015 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
Laionidas said:
Mirorin said:
Bet it's some kind of toxic paint? The guy he met though was really shady too. Drug dealer? Murder conspiracy? o_o

If you look closely at the shots of Fujioka's hands, you'll notice that his nails have three different shades (instead of the normal two). Sakurako probably noticed this too, considering how she grabbed his arm. As an anime only watcher I'm calling it:

heavy metal poisoning

Fujioka's nails have 'rings' that are the result of toxic build-up in his body. It's a type of poisoning that takes time, and small cumulatives doses can build up (ta da) for weeks, months or even years. Finally, older paints often contained these hazardous materials.

the shady figure is probably some family alternative healer that tells him to hug the painting every day or something similarly ridiculous, only agrevating the problem.

Marponsa said:
I find sakurako so cute for some reason. Idk why
D4rkn3s5 said:
Sakurako is bae of the season.I adore her.
Mirorin said:
. I don't think I've seen a hipbone as fanservice before. Soutarou still blushed. xD

Ya ya ya. I also love how Shoutarou treats her like and talks about her like a kid, in public. That's one messed up relationship I tell you.

But why and who? I got the feeling that the shady guy might be the architect that he mentioned beforehand though I have no real basis for that, as for the motive I would say that it may be a personal vendetta rather than greed for money since the killer might think he is a curse on the family. So maybe something happened way back when and as a result the painting was poisoned.

Just giving my 2 cents here.
Nov 1, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
"I'm into home appliances."

Well that's not something you hear every day, let alone from a high schooler.
Nov 2, 2015 3:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The dog is cute. :D
Nov 2, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2015
-Trippwire- said:
"I'm into home appliances."

Well that's not something you hear every day, let alone from a high schooler.

Exactly what ran through my mind XD
Nov 2, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2013
Aww man, this episode was only the build up full and through. Next episode the plot twists should start showing.
Nov 2, 2015 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
This last episode was good, I'm still disappointed by the characters and story, it was the anime I expected most for this season, but I hope they keep getting better. So far the MC did almost nothing of relevance.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Nov 2, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
OMG it just ended with a cliffhanger, I never noticed the time because I was absorbed with all the mysteries.
So, a man who stubbornly believes in curses, with a so called cursed dog and also a hidden cursed painting.
Dat dog knows who the chick is!
A bit of advice to the cop...if the husband dies it should just go to necro-NTR with the wife...wahaha...LOLZ just joking... I might be the one who might get the karma curse cuz of ill-wishing! haha
4/5.

Nov 2, 2015 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
It was very short, I didn't see the time pass. This episode was intriguing, finally we have the first arc and it seems interesting. What Sakurako found ? Surely, that all his family is allergic to the dog or the paint.
Nov 3, 2015 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
Jerkhov said:
Dat Sakurako hip shot

[img]http://puu.sh/l0ZfQ/219d4a97df.jpg[./img]

WOTS (waifu of the season)

WOTY
Nov 6, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
I bet someone will get a lot of money if he dies...
TaciNox said:
Still no character development. Please get better.
LaloChii said:
An okay episode. I'll rather have more characters development though.

I hope some of this will happen soon enough.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 6, 2015 6:48 PM

Jun 2013
As many have deduced, the painting probably has a powder poison that the guy and his ancestors have been sniffing which caused their deaths.

A lot of old paintings used toxic poisons to produce certain colors.

This is the first episode where Shoutarou wasn't an ass or annoying. I actually felt for him when he was concerned about his mother's hypertension.

Last week's episode was stupidly boring and this episode has made up for it.
臭い-
Nov 7, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
Hector is cute! Hell's watchdog my right foot!
Nov 8, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2008
Wow the first half of this episode (and episode 3) almost made me lost hope but thank god the pace picks up at the end.
Nov 8, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2007
Laionidas said:
Mirorin said:
Bet it's some kind of toxic paint? The guy he met though was really shady too. Drug dealer? Murder conspiracy? o_o

If you look closely at the shots of Fujioka's hands, you'll notice that his nails have three different shades (instead of the normal two). Sakurako probably noticed this too, considering how she grabbed his arm. As an anime only watcher I'm calling it:

heavy metal poisoning

Fujioka's nails have 'rings' that are the result of toxic build-up in his body. It's a type of poisoning that takes time, and small cumulatives doses can build up (ta da) for weeks, months or even years. Finally, older paints often contained these hazardous materials.

the shady figure is probably some family alternative healer that tells him to hug the painting every day or something similarly ridiculous, only agrevating the problem.

I think you're on to something here but I wonder if it's not actually a weird case of suicide. Maybe that day trading thing isn't going all that well and Fujioka needs to die in order to get the life insurance for his family. But of course if he kills himself overtly there will be no insurance money so he came up with this convulated way as per the advice of the hooded figure.
Nov 9, 2015 1:40 AM
Mar 2012
Shady guy might be the art appraiser who gave him paintings, same guy to helped him find this morbidly black isolated mansion at a cheap price (man those window slits are tiny & depressing).
Hector too cute, can't be cursed, but he looks kinda ghostly. Sakurako seemed to enjoy that very much. Nice character reveals of Shoutaro, why he's like a nagging housewife/guardian.
Nov 11, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2009
I don't believe it's a curse, they are probably killing them selfs somehow believing in some crazy guy.
Nov 11, 2015 1:31 PM
Sep 2014
frequency15k said:
awkward fanservice, flat characters, no development, silly mystery of the week.... this is so bad lol

where do i upvote??
Nov 17, 2015 11:38 PM

Dec 2009
The dog is perfect. My guess is it's the painting...

B/c I love dogs and I don't want Hector to be the problem here. ;-;
Nov 27, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
Now this is very interesting....
I would like to be in the dog's position.. erherm.
Dec 18, 2015 10:00 AM
Jul 2011
This episode was really good, the last one was weak to me but this one gave me goosebumps! I was so excited in the end of the episode, it was the first time that I didn`t realize the time passing... it was great!
Jan 6, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode if you ask me, I really like where this is going!
Jan 25, 2016 4:58 AM

Aug 2014
a two parter then, right?

i like how sakurako kept petting the dog.
Jan 26, 2016 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
-I just want water
-No what about, tea, juice anything.

STOP UNDERESTIMATING FUCKING WATER BITCH!!!!!

Anyway i think the guy is going for insurance fraud and the mysterious guy is probably helping him do it. So i assume the car blocking the road is the car of the mysterious dude? Was he hanging there until he could talk to him?
I don't know if it involves actually dying or staging his death but just thinking about it it seems really fishy.
I mean here you have a guy that supposedly is in panic of possibly dying and yet at the same time he buys cursed paintings and a cursed dog etc. If he was so scared wouldn't he avoid such things?
So ether he wants to die or he wants to stage his death.
MonadJan 26, 2016 4:25 AM
Apr 4, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
This was a great episode. A good mystery with a nice touch of creepiness. I enjoyed the atmosphere. Can't wait to see the conclusion in the next episode.
Apr 27, 2016 5:59 AM

Nov 2012
The first non episodic arc.

Now we're dealing with a curse eh, the show has shown enough hints for the watchers to solve the mystery... but I'm afraid I'm not adept enough with something like this.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 10, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not very excited with this episode. I found it a little boring.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Nov 1, 2016 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Sakurako getting that facial.

DAT HIP SKIN!

Glowing dog.

The wife keeps saying the dog likes Sakurako. We get it.

No Bones mode this episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 28, 2017 5:12 AM
Aug 2014
Sakurako makes another "brilliant" deduction, this time that he didn't put the painting in storage. Otherwise a rather boring episode.
Feb 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Jun 2015
this episode reminds me of my uncle telling me about my family "curse" now
Apr 8, 2020 3:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The story with the curses can be interesting
Oct 27, 2020 5:01 AM

Jul 2020
Lol that guy is surely gonna die not because of curse but because he’s ill. He has asthma but still smokes and even keep a dog as a pet. He’s living up the “curse” of their family to die prematurely.
Oct 1, 2022 1:49 PM

Mar 2019
Wow that ending was sudden. I really want to see a case where Sakurako falters which will probably happen later on when her past is the case.

Interesting episode, maybe the dog's hair or that picture has something to do with the genetic illness which would explain a lot.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 10, 2022 6:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
that married couple lives in terror!!! kekeke
Mar 28, 12:37 PM

Aug 2019
a curse, huh. definetly shady just how much he did research

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.