Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Weekly Shounen Jump Series 'Boku no Hero Academia' Revealed

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 27, 2015 3:05 PM
Mar 2014
Hongu said:
This isn't surprising in the least, it was inevitable especially after the announcement last week.
I have a soft spot for this series. It's nothing unique and it's a shounen by the books, but it's endearing in its art and storytelling. For the demographic it's very good.
Let's hope it gets a good adaptation at least.

I wouldn't say it's nothing unique. I love how every character has a life of his/her own in it. Though, regardless, a series doesn't need to be unique to be good. Execution matters the most for me.
ToG25thBaam said:
Z4k said:

A-1 has never done any Jump adaptation.
Magi, Nanatsu no Taizai.. oh wait!

It'd be cool if Pierrot animates this, since I heard BnHA is sort of inspired by Naruto. I can see Toei's style working too.

It isn't inspired by Naruto. People are just calling it the new Naruto, idk why.
Toei and Pierrot are both a big no for this.
AquaWateria said:
This series pretty mediocre and generic.

Anyway I hope the fans get a good adaption at least.

I hope you've at least read it, considering it's not on your list.
Really sick of people bashing series they know nothing about.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 27, 2015 3:10 PM
Oct 2010
omfgplzstop said:
NicoZeta said:
This will become the next Overhyped new Big 3 anime of the decade.
It`s Generic and completely forgettable.

90% this will be produced by Toei, Pierrot or A-1 Pictures.

No thank you, i`m sick and tired of poorly-written Shinji Ikari clones.

>midoriya
>shinji ikari clone
PLS
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
LMFAO

Yeah, I don't know where that dude is going with that.
Oct 27, 2015 4:55 PM
Jul 2012
This series is super cliché but it's so far it's made everything work perfectly but it's strong points are the characters themselves. I'm kinda sad it has an adaption greenlit this early on I was hoping for a long running series but oh well.
Oct 27, 2015 5:41 PM

May 2012
Oh damn, nice! Could see it coming from miles away but didn't expect it to be this early

Oct 27, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2014
My money's on Toei, let the salt flow my friends.
Oct 27, 2015 7:02 PM

Apr 2015
Pls no Toei.

Good for the fans, I guess. Kind of excited
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 27, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2014
PetalBlizzard said:
YAS, inevitable but I'm glad!
Bones pls
or even Production I.G

I'm really glad that the series finally got an adaption, kind of saw it it coming though.
Now we wait.
Oct 27, 2015 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
Heard people say this was kind of generic but hey i got a soft spot for generic shounen stuff (to an extent). I'll probably give it a watch though id wish its a long runner if its a shounen jump series.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 27, 2015 11:57 PM
Oct 2015
bigivelfhq said:
orkuncan said:

Well i like it more than this one . İ always type it wrong ... You know that Naruto was same till its 10th volume right ? You cant be sure

Naruto never was in the bottom, Kagamigami is always!

İt was 10th place once :D LoL İm leaving this here because this will look exactly like a fucking fanboy . You never know man . But yea it is on bottom which is danger zone . But i mean ... for fuck sake this is better than Bakuman
Oct 28, 2015 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
been waiting or dis

hype
Oct 28, 2015 12:22 AM

Apr 2013
it was faster than expected, if this come soon then there's not enough material to adapt, well 1 cour will do though
Oct 28, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
I've been waiting for this news!
i'm so glad ^^
Midoriya <3
Oct 28, 2015 2:27 AM

Aug 2013
great news!! i've heard some really good things about this, so i'm excited!
Oct 28, 2015 2:46 AM

Feb 2015
Nice! But isn't it too early?
Oct 28, 2015 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
It would at least take 2-3 years of serialization to be green-lit, but to think Boku no Hero Academia is still at their 64th chapter during this announcement. So there's a greater chance that this coming anime will be made with only 1 season or 12 episodes.
VanAlexOct 28, 2015 3:54 AM
Oct 28, 2015 3:55 AM
May 2012
I freaking knew it.
Oct 28, 2015 4:05 AM

Jul 2007
I guess since Nardo is ending Pierrot had to find another shonen to fill the timeslot.

Otherwise, meh, not really interested.
Oct 28, 2015 11:24 AM

Nov 2014
Hongu said:

Kagamigami isn't going to get an anime, it's ranking horribly and is going to get cancelled any week now. Black Clover is the most generic and safest shounen that could ever be made. The main character is also annoying as all hell. Everything about the series is unoriginal and has been done much better in other series. But I can see how it can appeal to certain groups, particularly those fans of stuff like Fairy Tail or Naruto or something.

Granted, Hero Academia isn't great either but for a shounen it's executed very well and the characters are charming. I'm glad it hasn't gotten canned and that it seems to be relatively popular. A shounen series can be nice to read every once in a while if it's done well, and Boku no Hero Academia definitely is.

But that's just my opinion~.

boku is not original
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2015 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
omfgplzstop said:

It isn't inspired by Naruto. People are just calling it the new Naruto, idk why.

probably because the mangaka said that naruto was his youth....
it's already better than naruto tho.
Oct 28, 2015 1:02 PM
Apr 2014
Simar said:
omfgplzstop said:

probably because the mangaka said that naruto was his youth....

As a person who thinks Naruto is mediocre, I still don't think Boku is better than Naruto's beginning.

Boku has a long way to go and has a chance to go downhill like many other Shonen series.
Oct 28, 2015 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
Simar said:

Naruto's worst parts maybe, but it doesn't even come close to the good parts.
Oct 28, 2015 1:33 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
As expected.

I'm hoping Production I.G will be the studio.

Same things you said.

Haven't read the manga but I'll give the anime a shot.
Oct 28, 2015 1:41 PM

Feb 2015
YESSS!!!

finally..~!
i hope it'll be a 2-cour series

Oct 28, 2015 3:02 PM

Dec 2007
They're fast-tracking this because they're scared now that Naruto is off air and Bleach has been done (anime-wise) for quite some time. A bummer too, because this could've used a few more months before it got an adaptation--at least let it reach 100 chapters?

Either way, Boku no Hero Academia is probably the first shonen series I've really loved in ages. It's got a good chance of being a success, too. People freaking love superheroes right now, so combine that with the tropes of a shonen series and you've got a success.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 28, 2015 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
Simar said:
it's already bitter than naruto tho.
And beater just like One Piece..*
Oct 29, 2015 10:35 AM
Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
I guess since Nardo is ending Pierrot had to find another shonen to fill the timeslot.

Otherwise, meh, not really interested.

You should be.

But yeah, as many others have said already, this is way too early. I'm honestly disappointed that it was announced. At least going to hope this won't be done by Toei or Pierrot.
Rinth said:

Oct 29, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
Was just a matter of time
I love this manga so im kinda hyped for this.
Oct 29, 2015 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
There's enough content for 12 episodes, I'd say. Maybe a little more than that.
I hope Madhouse or Mappa gets this. Bones would be alright too. Just keep Pierrot away from it.
Oct 29, 2015 2:54 PM

Mar 2010
very nice
Oct 29, 2015 3:24 PM
Mar 2014
Hime-In-A-Box said:
I hope Madhouse or Mappa gets this. Bones would be alright too. Just keep Pierrot away from it.

12 aren't enough though
meh
Rinth said:

Oct 29, 2015 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
I haven't really been interested to read the manga, but the art is neat and it sounds like a good read so I might take the time to catch up on the recent chapters.

I'm banking on Production I.G/Studio WIT doing this series. Looking forward to more news.

Oct 29, 2015 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
Figured this would happen, glad it's getting an anime. I need to read more of the manga but of the few chapters I've read I do really like it ^_^...now I just gotta stop being lazy and buy volume 1 already.

Oct 29, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2010
Feels like it's too soon for it, but I'll be watching.
Oct 30, 2015 12:27 AM

Aug 2013
Z4k said:
ArdenFolgore said:
A-1 Pictures are the only ones who don't mess it up when it comes to Jump adaptations. The other two are the "experts" on butchering material and pathetic pacing.

A-1 has never done any Jump adaptation.

Yeah they actually have.

Ever heard of Blue Exorcist? Runs in Jump SQ (used to be called Monthly Shounen Jump)

Which makes the anime, which was done by A-1 Pictures, a Jump anime.

You must re-phrase, they have never done a WSJ (Weekly Shounen Jump) adaptation.
Oct 30, 2015 6:45 AM
Oct 2010
Hime-In-A-Box said:

There's enough content for 24 episodes.
Oct 30, 2015 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
Musqela said:
Yeah they actually have.

Ever heard of Blue Exorcist? Runs in Jump SQ (used to be called Monthly Shounen Jump)

Which makes the anime, which was done by A-1 Pictures, a Jump anime.

You must re-phrase, they have never done a WSJ (Weekly Shounen Jump) adaptation.

I was talking about Shonen Jump.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1443129&show=50#msg42856845
Nov 1, 2015 1:10 AM

Dec 2014
[Studio] [Will I watch it?]

Production I.G - Yes
Madhouse - Yes
A-1 pictures - Yes
Bones - Yes
Gainax or Trigger - Yes
Pierrot - Maybe
Toei - Nope
Others - Let's see
Mr_SkylightNov 1, 2015 1:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 2:02 AM

Jun 2014
I guess SJ is really starting to turn away from long runners.
Nov 1, 2015 2:41 AM

Nov 2014
Agafin said:

It might still be a long runner World Trigger's anime was announced with less chapters then BnHa and it still became a long runner.
Nov 1, 2015 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
Agafin said:

Right now they have 4 long running series and 1 short running. One Piece, Naruto, Gintama and World Trigger for Long Running. Haikyuu!! for short running.

They are also promoting 2 long running of series that previously run in the magazine, but not anymore, and 1 long running of a sibling magazine. Dragon Ball Super and Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V for previously serialized series, Battle Spirits for sibling magazine series.

Isobe Isobee Monogatari will be a half minute series, but almost certainly will have an episode every day and will be a long running.

Boku no Hero Academia can still end up being a long running. World Trigger got its announcement in chapter 63, the author is constantly sick and taking breaks, still it adapted 48 episodes with an 2 chapters per episode average and is still running right now. Boku no Hero Academia got its announcement in chapter 65, not to far from World Trigger.

One of the earliest announcement was HunterXHunter with chapter 60(It had an anime announcement at the exact same time as One Piece). It still ended up a long running with 60 episodes and 30 OVAs, and didn't went further just because of HiatusXHiatus.

The magazine isn't in any way running away from Long Running. The thing right now in the current seasonal anime bubble, every title has a chance to be adapted into an anime, before that wasn't the case, and there are a ton of past titles that didn't had any kind of adaptation(for Example: JoJo).
Nov 1, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2011
omfgplzstop said:
I thought the author once said that he was inspired by Naruto, when he had his chance to express his thought on Naruto ending. I am not too sure so don't quote me on that.

Agafin said:
I hope not. May Toei and Pierrot live long!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 2, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2014
Fuck, I guess it really is time for me to start reading the manga now.
Nov 2, 2015 7:29 PM

Apr 2014

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg......
Bones! I wasn't expecting it but yay! Sounds good (I think)
Jan 19, 2016 2:18 PM
Jan 2016
orkuncan said:
Lucasloco91 said:
Sounds like shit =/

Yea . Drawing is so weird and looking childish comparing to other shounen gettin published right now . But story is very good and looking shounenish more than others . İ have a feeling about it will be like 2 course srping/autumn , summer/autumn or spring/summer which is most likely spring/summer imo .
ichii_1 said:
Aye, can always count on jump for multiple season shows :)

Naah it wont happen wait for Black Clover or Kamigami . Those 2 mangas are still young but they are better than Boku no Hero Academia . İt will take time for sure to get animated if they are planning to run those 2 long more than 25+ episodes , which is worth to wait because they are really good . My suggestion is that you should take a look at 2-3 chapters of those 3 manga series and compare them . İ was hyped more than when Owari no Seraph announced to get animated lol

Black Clover Better than BnH? Oh god..smfh
Jan 19, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
albertoduro1xx said:
orkuncan said:

Naah it wont happen wait for Black Clover or Kamigami . Those 2 mangas are still young but they are better than Boku no Hero Academia . İt will take time for sure to get animated if they are planning to run those 2 long more than 25+ episodes , which is worth to wait because they are really good . My suggestion is that you should take a look at 2-3 chapters of those 3 manga series and compare them . İ was hyped more than when Owari no Seraph announced to get animated lol

i like the "they are better than Boku no Hero Academia" part... kagamigami was so good it already got canceled xD and black clover was mediocre and generic af
Jan 19, 2016 2:26 PM
Jan 2016
orkuncan said:
bigivelfhq said:

Naruto never was in the bottom, Kagamigami is always!

İt was 10th place once :D LoL İm leaving this here because this will look exactly like a fucking fanboy . You never know man . But yea it is on bottom which is danger zone . But i mean ... for fuck sake this is better than Bakuman

Now you're saying an AXED show is better than Bakuman? Dude...seriously? smfh
Jan 19, 2016 4:48 PM
Jan 2016
Simar said:
albertoduro1xx said:

i like the "they are better than Boku no Hero Academia" part... kagamigami was so good it already got
canceled xD and black clover was mediocre and generic af

LMAO next he's gonna say Rurouni Kenshin has better animation than One Punch Man
Jan 20, 2016 7:24 AM
Oct 2015
Guess what am i say now . Shut up weeaboos . İ swear to god that i will never look at notifications . Oh well im pretty fucking dumb for caring this forums user . See ya guys good luck with fucking yourself for the rest of your life . You can sit there order a pillow waifu and talk with god damn pillow like you did before . İ really dont care your thoughts . Just saying so you know you are talking to a wall
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
8 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.