Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 2, 2016 8:10 PM

Jun 2015
Chiibi said:

I don't think Japanese males are quite that accepting of that. Yet, anyway.
But majority of the japanese ons fandom are females who ship mikayuu. If the author is going to take the audience into account, I repeat, no ship will be canon.

But Shinoa has a crush on Yuu. It was confirmed that she does, and it was the ONLY one that was confirmed, at that.

Actually, it's not fully confirmed. You could say by her actions that it is but... it's not really 100% confirmed and that's why this formun exists.

Er, no. The only time I recall him blushing towards Mika is the first time he saw him alive again and he was crying and people's faces turn red when they cry. But I can't recall another time of Yuu blushing at Mika just "because".

-The piggyback ride
-When Mika carried him
-When he told Mika "and then I saw you again".
-Uncountable times in the manga and in the game.
-When Yuu won against Asuramaru because of his promise in episode 2 of the second season.(And it was just in his mind)
And it's funny because they don't have many scenes together yet.
Also, Yuu not always blushes when he cries? He only did it when he was a kid and had to leave Mika.
Here's one example

It's hard to look at Yuu's crying face without feeling like crying as well

You can interpret this however you want.

But it looks to me like he thinks "she looks cute".

Or he could still be blushing because she praised him
Then again, that didn't happen in the manga

Even I think she looks good XD Why wouldn't he praise her if she praised him too?
Mel96Jan 2, 2016 9:32 PM
Jan 2, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2008
Liike I said, "interpret it how you want".

I dunno.......see, after my friend and I watched the end of this series, I made him watch the first episode of a true shounen-ai series.

Where an older guy is partnered with a male teenager who accidentally gets drunk, passes out, gets put to bed by the other guy and then gets a "LOL U WERE IN MY BED LAST NIGHT LOL" tease line that makes him turn as red as a cherry.

And that kinda really put the whole MikaYuu thing into perspective.....like it looked a whole lot less gay to me after that. XD

Jan 2, 2016 9:04 PM

Jun 2015
Chiibi said:
Liike I said, "interpret it how you want".

I dunno.......see, after my friend and I watched the end of this series, I made him watch the first episode of a true shounen-ai series.

Where an older guy is partnered with a male teenager who accidentally gets drunk, passes out, gets put to bed by the other guy and then gets a "LOL U WERE IN MY BED LAST NIGHT LOL" tease line that makes him turn as red as a cherry.

And that kinda really put the whole MikaYuu thing into perspective.....like it looked a whole lot less gay to me after that. XD

I don't like yaoi or shonen ai much because of the stereotypes ^^;
And you shouldn't compare with shonen ai but with real tv couples. They have a bunch of romantic tropes.
Real canon gay couples in non-gay shows are much better and more realistic: no. 6, tlok, snk, nge.
Then again, it's your notp. You won't find anything romantic about them. Especially since you see them as brothers instead of friends(which is their canon relationship). But it's whatever way you want to see it. I like Shinoa and Yuu's relationship but not in a romantic way, although I don't deny the fact that she most probably has a crush on him.
Well, all of my friends (who don't like yaoi) say they don't understand how people deny OnS is gay af. I quote: "it's the gayest shit I've ever watched".
Mel96Jan 2, 2016 9:31 PM
Jan 2, 2016 9:34 PM

Nov 2008
Mel96 said:

I don't like yaoi or shonen ai much because of the stereotypes ^^;

Actually, I'm in the same boat as you. The pair I'm talking about hasn't even become canon; they don't confess love or kiss. But their interaction is simply adorable and they're always there for each other during desperate times. When the MC is angsting over whether he should just disappear or not, the younger one cries "You should exist for ME!" and they hug tightly. It's really just the sweetest scene ♥ >_<

Oh, I know Mika and Yuu are best friends, not brothers. The wiki says that. I would not be surprised if ships don't sail....but I want to hope otherwise.

Jan 2, 2016 9:46 PM

Jun 2015
Chiibi said:
Actually, I'm in the same boat as you. The pair I'm talking about hasn't even become canon; they don't confess love or kiss. But their interaction is simply adorable and they're always there for each other during desperate times. When the MC is angsting over whether he should just disappear or not, the younger one cries "You should exist for ME!" and they hug tightly. It's really just the sweetest scene ♥ >_<

Ah then it's like kyou kara mao.
Yeah, shonen ai is like that, quite light. The romance is clear but it's not just about it and the couples have always cute interactions :) .

I would not be surprised if ships don't sail....but I want to hope otherwise.
Don't we all </3
But I also think I would prefer a WE'RE ALL KAZOKU ending, with everyone being happy > <
I would like Shinoa to take the lead of the Hiiragi family and idk maybe they could find a way to turn Mahiru back into human or something... then they could do the same for Asura and Mika.
Maybe I'm asking too much XD
Mel96Jan 2, 2016 9:50 PM
Jan 2, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
If Mahiru is dead though, is that even possible?

They'd have to resurrect her. o_o

did you see the funny omake with Mahiru controlling Guren like a puppet man? XD

Jan 2, 2016 10:10 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know tbh, but if Krul is looking for Asura, then she could know a way... maybe?

Of course I did XD

Mel96Jan 2, 2016 10:13 PM
Jan 2, 2016 11:51 PM

Nov 2014
I would like to see Yu x Shinoa, not too fond of the gayness happening with Mika.
Jan 8, 2016 4:23 PM

Oct 2015
Mel96 said:
Two new posters are coming!

THEY ARE SO GOOD OH MY GOSH

Jan 8, 2016 4:26 PM
Apr 2015
Yu x Mika ........ Enough said
Jan 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2015
nO HoMO BRo

(new mikayuu posters)

Jan 16, 2016 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
As much as I adore mikayuu, I like the idea of nothing being canon in the end. I love the whole family feel this show gives, and I'd like to see Shinoa squad + Mika (+ Narumi) as one big, happy family. Also a friendship/family between Yuu, Mika and Shinoa would be really nice.

Although mikayuu becoming canon would be a nice representation for the lgbt-community as well as a slap to the face to the homophobes.
Jan 16, 2016 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
However after discovering how scarily similar mika/yuu is to mahiru/guren I'm worried about how this will go.
Jan 17, 2016 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
Yuu and Mika is probably more likely, but I still ship Shinoa x Yuu all the way. Still think the's the best girl of the year.
Mar 31, 2016 12:16 AM
Mar 2016
to those saying that mikayuu can't be canon, maybe right now but the series is barely starting and it'll take years for it to end so maybe at that time it'll be more acceptable so who knows maybe kagami will surprise us and make them canon or have both of them die but i can't really see one of them alive and the other dead at this point.
Apr 12, 2016 4:15 PM

Mar 2015
bastek66 said:
kawaii-despair said:
Mika's gayness makes it impossible

Is OnS tagged as yaoi?

i think you just hate mikayuu and you sticking in this shounen genre well i read an shounen manga lately called Prunus Girl this story about a boy met a girl in his past and he fall in the love with her but after time he descovered the girl is boy likes wearing girls clothes. well aikawa and maki kissed three times but of course you going to say but it's can aikawa be girl well the manga is already ended in 2013 so there is no chance. aikawa his actions like hideyoshi from Baka to Tesuto to Shoukanjuu and others characters that act like girls. boy is boy girl is girl there is no third gender or hideyoshi gender any way maki was reason from reasons why aikawa still dress girls clothes. oh and look at the ending .
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5909/06-042.0/compressed/f022.jpg
they are officialy canon
the manga is also have lesbians couples
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5909/04-024.0/compressed/owow_scans_prunusgirl_ch24_011.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5909/06-032.0/compressed/tprunus_girl_c032_017.jpg
and this manga is shounen and there is no yaoi/yuri tag there
Lenalee1LeeApr 12, 2016 4:29 PM
Apr 12, 2016 10:09 PM

May 2009
Lenalee1Lee said:
bastek66 said:

Is OnS tagged as yaoi?

i think you just hate mikayuu and you sticking in this shounen genre well i read an shounen manga lately called Prunus Girl this story about a boy met a girl in his past and he fall in the love with her but after time he descovered the girl is boy likes wearing girls clothes. well aikawa and maki kissed three times but of course you going to say but it's can aikawa be girl well the manga is already ended in 2013 so there is no chance. aikawa his actions like hideyoshi from Baka to Tesuto to Shoukanjuu and others characters that act like girls. boy is boy girl is girl there is no third gender or hideyoshi gender any way maki was reason from reasons why aikawa still dress girls clothes. oh and look at the ending .
they are officialy canon
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5909/04-024.0/compressed/owow_scans_prunusgirl_ch24_011.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/5909/06-032.0/compressed/tprunus_girl_c032_017.jpg

That was rhetorical question. Also shounen isn't a genre but one of demographics of manga/magazines, has nothing to do with the plot.
Apr 15, 2016 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
bastek66 said:
Lenalee1Lee said:

they are officialy canon

That was rhetorical question. Also shounen isn't a genre but one of demographics of manga/magazines, has nothing to do with the plot.

i can't really get what are you saying you said boys can't love each other in shounen manga and now you saying shounen isn't a genre but one of demographics of manga/magazines, has nothing to do with the plot.
Apr 15, 2016 12:35 PM

May 2009
Lenalee1Lee said:
bastek66 said:

i can't really get what are you saying you said boys can't love each other in shounen manga and now you saying shounen isn't a genre but one of demographics of manga/magazines, has nothing to do with the plot.

Because they don't have anything to do with plot. Lucky Star, Yotsubato, Death Note are shounen manga, only common thing is being published in shounen magazine. Yaoi and Yuri are demographics but genres are usually called shounen/shoujo-ai.
Apr 15, 2016 12:49 PM

Mar 2015
bastek66 said:
Lenalee1Lee said:

Because they don't have anything to do with plot. Lucky Star, Yotsubato, Death Note are shounen manga, only common thing is being published in shounen magazine. Yaoi and Yuri are demographics but genres are usually called shounen/shoujo-ai.

*sigh* any way that what i want to say gay/lesbians couple can have hints in shounen anime and it's called queercoding
Lenalee1LeeApr 15, 2016 1:05 PM
Apr 15, 2016 1:00 PM

May 2009
Lenalee1Lee said:
bastek66 said:

*sigh* any way that what i want to say gay/lebsiens couple can have hints in shounen anime and it's called queercoding

You can always read manga with traps.
Apr 15, 2016 1:17 PM

Mar 2015
bastek66 said:
Lenalee1Lee said:

*sigh* any way that what i want to say gay/lebsiens couple can have hints in shounen anime and it's called queercoding

but most trap characters they make it just for comedy to be honest this is the first time i saw a trap character end with a boy most of them end with a girl in shonen manga
Apr 16, 2016 12:02 AM

May 2009
Lenalee1Lee said:
bastek66 said:

but most trap characters they make it just for comedy to be honest this is the first time i saw a trap character end with a boy most of them end with a girl in shonen manga

I meant manga with trap protagonist or main love interest.
Apr 20, 2016 5:29 PM
Mar 2016
Lenalee1Lee said:
bastek66 said:

Is OnS tagged as yaoi?

they are officialy canon

wah this is a bit reassuring :3
Apr 29, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2015
mikayuuvevo said:
Lenalee1Lee said:

they are officialy canon

wah this is a bit reassuring :3

well it's make me happy to hear this ^^
Jun 6, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
rsc-pl said:
Tsukkimaru said:
If the anime is sticking to the manga Yuu won't 'develop feelings' for her at all apart from the 'she's part of my family' feeling, the only way they'll be a 'thing' is if they change the plot and somehow make Yuu fall for her

In this case, I hope it won't stick.

Thing is though the manga isn't that far ahead of where the anime left off at all though. So you can't really so that. Of course he still hasn't developed into a thing with her in the manga because it's barely ahead of the anime [5 chapters or so] so it's not really fair to say that if they develop it would be changing anything. This is part of why i'm kinda afraid of how long a season 3 will take. How caught up to the manga the show is.

The main obstacle aside from the fact anime writers almost always do romance horribly even in actual romance anime and just hit us with the "Lets have them finally realize they like each other in the last 15 minutes of the last episode of the show and maybe show it for a second after teasing for the whole show." is the Mika thing. People namely girls usually have this obsession with Yaoi even if the couples feelings aren't romantic at all and Yui/Mika is a highly shipped thing far more so than Yui-Shinoa sadly. So I could see the author if he pays attention to this type of thing simply not doing much with it not to upset the Yaoi Yui/Mika shippers.

People overreacting simple things like the piggyback ride when Yui was hurt and them caring about each other alot and taking that as romantically liking each other is hilarious to me. He's literally caring his friend/brother to get away people in shows who don't even know each other do this lol and they have showed 0 sign of romantically liking each other. Because people want yaoi they just flip normal moment of caring in a brotherly/friendly way into ohhhhhh they tryna fuck ^^ haha.
Cody_AbbottJun 6, 2016 5:11 PM
Jun 7, 2016 9:09 PM
Apr 2016
I'll admit that it may very well just be fanservice that never actually goes anywhere, but to not even see a possibility of Yuu and Mika having greater feelings for each other after all of their interactions, one must be wearing some heavy duty "no-homo" goggles.

I ship Yuu and Mika not because I like yaoi (I don't) and not because I try to make every ship a gay one (this is the first non-canon ship I've really jumped on tbh), and not because I am a woman (I'm a guy actually) but because of the strength of their bond, the obvious care and concern behind their interactions, and how entwined they are with each other - both their past and present. They're the most developed characters and relationship thus far in the series, and just fit together nicely.

People can choose to see them as brothers, I don't really care, and though this may be the route ultimately taken, as of yet it is not canon. They do not refer to each other as such and I don't think they have ever. The episode/chapter where they were reunited was called "Reunion of Childhood Friends." And though Yuu calls Mika family, he also calls Shinoa family. So if this is sufficient to sink the first ship, it clearly sinks the second as well. To see them as brothers is to insert your own interpretation and practically say, with how things are now, that Shinoa is as much Yuu's sister as Yuu is Mika's brother.
Jun 15, 2016 3:11 PM

Nov 2008
Miraza said:
And though Yuu calls Mika family, he also calls Shinoa family. So if this is sufficient to sink the first ship, it clearly sinks the second as well. To see them as brothers is to insert your own interpretation and practically say, with how things are now, that Shinoa is as much Yuu's sister as Yuu is Mika's brother.

Do people just forget that "waifu" and "husband" are also part of the term "family"?

lol

Jun 16, 2016 10:17 PM
Apr 2016
Chiibi said:
Do people just forget that "waifu" and "husband" are also part of the term "family"?

Right though? lol
Jun 20, 2016 7:49 PM
Aug 2015
I ship them ❤️ Yunoa ❤️
Jun 26, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2014
I hope so, I think it's cute. In my personal opinion I think Yuu and Mika are more like brothers.
Jul 30, 2016 12:07 PM
May 2016
No, Yuunoa isn't cannon. I don't really think it will either. We're already this far and still real development between them. We do know Shinoa likes Yuu but Yuu is that cliche to obsessed with something to pay attention main male character. I don't think any ship will cannon. MikaYuu could happen but it's still only a possibility. This is an anime revolved around family. But I find it funny how people use certain points to prove their argument when it can be used against them. Like how Yuu calls Mika and Shinoa family but only Shinoa's could be taken romantically? When obviously, Mika and Yuu have more connection and intimacy. And I doubt he'll be liking her anytime soon unless they pull a Naruto. This anime is circling around Mika and Yuu. And I dont really think Mika paired with any girl will happen besides maybe Akane. Krul even stated herself as his surrogate mother. Unless she's into incest and all of a sudden wants to sleep with her son. And Mika and Yuu are not actually family nor adopted into the same family to make it incest. They call each other family. Orphanages only take care of kids that have been abandoned. So, if you wanna be technical, they aren't in anyway actual brothers. But Yuunoa really is forced. Mainly because people ship by gender. Which is your preference but that doesn't make your ship the cannoned ship in any way. Its okay to ship whatever you want but thinking that your ship is better or the only logical ship is just overboard. Both Yuunoa and Mikayuu can happen. Mikayuu does have more of a chance but it could always become another Naruto. But I honestly think there will only be ship teasing. Yuu doesn't have any interest in anyone so far and we've come along quite a stretch. Even though I will always ship gureshin. Its more of a fantasy ship but gureshin parents are just 👌. Even though I think both Mikayuu and Gureshin can work as OTP and BROTP. And Yuunoa makes great Mikayuu angst. But, back to the question, no. Yuu and Shinoa aren't a thing. (And did you know MikaYuu replaced Yuunoa in second place on that anime trending poll thing? Even though they usually only use hereto couples, they let Mikayuu on and it turned out great!) But wait, Mika sucked from Krul's neck and they feel pleasure from that... And he has drinking from Yuu for what was it three or four months? Well. Everything just got weird.
Aug 12, 2016 2:14 PM

Aug 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Mika's gayness makes it impossible
why is he gay? Maybe he got influenced by the Bathory dude?
Aug 12, 2016 2:17 PM

Aug 2012
HatsumiShinogu said:
For now, I don't think there is anything between them but it is obvious Shinoa likes Yu romantically while he's still oblivious to that. I don't really like them together but I think they will be the end pairing. Personally, I prefer a Yu x Mitsuba and a Mika x Shinoa ending but I know this won't happen. The fact that Shinoa is the one around Yu the most and from the next episode's preview, she is standing between the army and Mika which only implies that she wants to protect both Yu and Mika. This all might lead to Yu falling for her.

Mitsuba likes Yu as well but I don't see her being the one. She is the typical tsundere character, I guess. Both she and Shinoa are in love with Yu but Yu will most probably be with Shinoa as this is quite obvious to me.

I highly doubt there will be shounen-ai in this series. While I like both Yu and Mika, I don't see their relationship going further than that of a family.
I think I would like Mitsuba better also but there is not much development on that front so far .
Jan 4, 2017 9:27 PM
Mar 2015
Mika said:
Nah, it's Yu x Mika.

Definitely is. :)
Jan 9, 2017 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
KilIlua said:
Mika said:
Nah, it's Yu x Mika.

Definitely is. :)

I would never say that. Fake quote :<

Mika x Krul
Yuu's in the way
Mar 10, 2018 7:25 PM
Oct 2015
I would like to mention:

Chapter 66
Oct 15, 2018 1:18 PM
May 2015
I certainly hope not.
I honestly don't really care for her character and as far as I've read (manga) it seems fairly one sided.
If Yuu magically develops feelings for her outta nowhere, I will riot.

I find myself more inclined to MikaYuu. They actually have chemistry and you have to be blind to miss it. My brother who hates any hint of gay in his anime watched both seasons and commented about how the homoerotic tension was leaking out of his laptop. Plus, their scenes seem more meaningful than any other duo combinations in the whole show.

But Yuu calls Mika his family,
Yeah, he calls Shinoa and every freaking body else family too.
Dec 18, 2018 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
lizebutnotrize said:
bastek66 said:

There is no yaoi tag so don't get your hopes that blonde fuccboi will achieve anything.
People who get their head tangled up in genres are rlly rlly annoying. No. 6 is tagged as 'action' and 'sci-fi' yet love between two guys happened (they kissed twice holy shit) as the B-plot and it was even made by a popular animation studio: Bones.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Code Geass, Berserk, Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Mirai Nikki, Shinsekai Yori: all these shows don't have the genre 'romance' attached on them but still have heterosexual - and/or gay - love in them, often as the motivation or driving force behind the characters' actions, or as a subplot, so NOT as the main focus of the show. So your argument of MikaYuu not happening because it's not tagged as 'Yaoi' is false. It can still totally happen. And it IS already happening in the manga... I advise you to stop watching it because chapter 36 and chapter 37 are p fucking gay and they ARE going to animate it fully.

By the way: yaoi is primarily aimed at teenage women and oftentime focuses on the lovey-dovey, heart throb, comedic, slice-of-life aspects (kinda like romcom shoujo) of gay couples, yet unfortunately with a pretty unrealistic and fetishized view. Is OnS any of that? Nope, it's not, so it doesn't need to have that genre attached to it. But still: a healthy, non-fetishized gay couple (MikaxYuu) can happen as the subplot and/or as the drive behind the actions of the characters.

'BlondFuccboi'xYuu 4 Lyfe
I know this is from like 4 years ago but I remembered your post and wanted to search for it because it's so relevant now but for Banana Fish.
Jan 7, 2019 8:17 AM
Feb 2017
Yuu x Mika wont happen ffs yaoi would only destroy this anime
Jan 8, 2019 8:21 AM
Mar 2018
Is confirmed that Shinoa likes Yuu....and if you readed the manga(spoiler alert)
In the last chapter it is confirmed by Shinoa's demon and he even tells Yuu that Shinoa is in love with him...we don't know that Yuu loves her but it might be a possibility...
Jan 20, 2019 7:24 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Hopefully it becomes canon.
LeonhartAugustJan 20, 2019 7:34 PM
Apr 19, 2020 12:00 AM
Feb 2017
Most likely Yuu will die. But I think we'll have a Yuu x Shinoa moment at some point of time maybe with both kissing & confessing there love for each other.
Jan 7, 2021 10:29 AM
Jan 2021
I think so tho I do not really now I hope so
Jul 6, 2021 1:22 AM

Jun 2021
Sigh, You all Fujoshis It's very weird, I don't hate you guys but some fujoshi's are they act as if all their ships are canon and attack people who disagree. obviously it's almost impossible for Mikayuu to become canon because they are brothers eventhough they are not blood related, Shinoa is the most likely to become canon with Yuu even though Yuu's feelings for Shinoa are still ambiguous. so accept the truth and don't ramble on because this isn't Yaoi.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.