Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2015 12:30 AM
Mar 2010
Hey all, sorry for digging up an old chapter, but I just finished reading vol. 3 recently and am a little confused regarding the discussion between Ren and Ryosai.

So Ren went back to the village for negotiations, leaving Ryosai in charge of the whole army which originally Ren is leading. Later when she returns, he confronts her, explaining his plan of the princess getting murdered by the Kouga tribe and Ryosai himself leading the entire army to wipe out the Kouga village to revenge the princess. This prompts Ren to look down upon him, asking why a commander of a thousand men like him would think of leading the entire army.

Now what this means is, the army, the one Ren was leading up until now consists of way more than a thousand men, right? Ryosai would have become the leader of the army, if it weren't for Ren. Which is why he thought of this plan, trying to get Ren killed so that he can absolutely assume control over the army.

Assuming I am correct on this, doesn't it seem a little weird to make Ryosai a commander of a thousand men and then him leading even more troops (now that he assumed control of the entire army) to wipe out a village consisting of a mere hundred-something people? Seems a little overkill to me. Wouldn't it make more sense if he was leading like a hundred people and now with more troops in control, he could actually stand a chance of wiping out the entire village? Seems a little weird to me to write the whole scene like this.

Am I correct on my interpretation though?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 3 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

13 by AnklesAAA »»
Jan 5, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.