Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2015 3:07 PM

Jun 2015
Really wish that Ikki would have done some major damage to Kirihara. Cutting a millimeter in front of his face and him fainting isn't really a win to me. That's just scared to death. Lots of anime where the MC has to face a bully character and doesn't hurt him after they hurt the MC is pretty common. Good episode regardless and I'm glad Ikki confessed this early.
Oct 24, 2015 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Kurogane is so bad-ass in this episode.

The fight was awesome!
Oct 24, 2015 3:08 PM

May 2015
What a fucking fantastic episode. The emotions were high on this one too. Seeing that piece of shit begging for his life was just fantastic, he deserved that shit. Still preferred him being seriously hit though, but whatever. That fight was amazing. Seeing Ikki getting shot at and ridiculed at was just plain awful. Fight proved all those faggots wrong, lmao. And the ship is real!
ReverberateOct 24, 2015 3:11 PM

Oct 24, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
The fight was pretty cool. Nothing else to say really.
Oct 24, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2014
HELL YEAH IKKI SHOW HIM
Hi there
Oct 24, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was amazing, the adaptation was good.
Now just waiting for the next.
Oct 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Good fight the episode is getting better.
Oct 24, 2015 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
Well... like every anime, Ikki got stronger in seconds by the power of nakama! In this case his lover.

It was a great episode, Ikki put the annoying guy in his place. Although I'd love to see Ikki at least slash him or stab.

Hee... Alice x Shizuku is a thing? T_T I actually like the Alice and that journalist combination. I'd say they make a better pairing lol.

Oct 24, 2015 4:53 PM
Jul 2015
This was better than I expected. at episode 2 I heavily considered dropping this out because of the unneeded fanservice at the end, but they managed to prove themselves worthy enough to keep on watching.

the battle animation was kinda awkward though, reminding me of some fighting anime from diomedea I'm not gonna mention. how is it even possible to move with so many wounds like that though, an arrow even pierced straight in and out his body. would be glad if he died anyway.
Cooking is like fapping.

It can be lots of struggle when you're in the middle of it. Sometimes it gets hard and boring. When you're about to finish you're filled with excitement. Then finally you get to enjoy the result of your hardwork. Sometimes it doesn't meet your expectation. But most of the times you feel like you're in paradise and your struggle were not in vain.

But then comes the messy aftermath you have to clean up.
Oct 24, 2015 4:57 PM

Apr 2011
Dat confession doh!!!
Oct 24, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
GileonFletcher said:
skudoops said:
Thought this was a school? Why would they let you kill each other? How could this dude even move with holes all over his body anyway?

Made a comment earlier about how morbid the anime is in that sense, same goes for Asterisk. It's one thing when it's a historical anime with armies, but another with people going to school and basically fighting each other to the death for entertainment. It's not the same as signing a waiver before skydiving saying you understand the risk involved... your opponent in these battles could kill you if they chose to. Glad someone else agrees with me.

Since it's magic something or another, I'm assuming they weren't holes straight through his body, but it is odd that the arrows just kind of disappear on impact... guess that's just how the magic works.
They forgot to mention that healing capsule is really advanced here. It can even repair hacked arm.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 24, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2011
EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!

Ikki was a BAD@SS

Dat kiss <3333
Oct 24, 2015 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit, best episode of Rakudai yet! I was curious to see why light novel readers were so hyped for this episode and I completely understand why now. The fight between Ikki vs Kirihara was awesome. Ikki was so nervous to begin with and got hurt everywhere on his body. The entire crowd was chanting 'worst one' which really pissed off Stella. Stella ended up yelling some very encouraging words to Ikki which was amazing, I love Stella so much.

By the power of LOVE, Ikki pulled through. His perfect vision made him able to beat KIrihara. Kirihara was pretty much in tears by the end of the fight and Ikki missed him by a few millimeters; what a complete badass. The OST made it really intense. The animation was pretty good too.

That last scene was so cute though. Oh my god, Ikki confessed to Stella and Stella accepted it. They're pretty much a couple now, and we're not even halfway through the anime yet! That kiss on Ikki's face. <3 Stella's so hot, cute and pretty and Ikki's not a dense MC, thank you anime gods! Damn, I love this anime. I can't wait for the next episodes; Stella x Ikki forever.
5/5
Oct 24, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2015
Anime creators REALLY need to fix their portrayal of crowds...I don't like to believe that crowds love to snide over someone on stage, just because the obviously pathetic asshole is calling for it to be inflicted upon his opponent. Maybe its just me being overly optimistic, but I don't think crowds are THAT stupid to not see who the real asshole and loser is during this fight.

Not to mention the lack of screen time for crowd reaction AFTER the battle...Those who screen along with the crowd are the true cowards.
NaChiKyoTsuki97Oct 24, 2015 5:32 PM
Anime talk, music and analysis, plus random moments of inspirations and rants | https://atmafunomena.wordpress.com/
Oct 24, 2015 5:26 PM

Jun 2014
It kinda makes me sad that they toned down how graphic it was. In the manga, there were arrows impaled on and through Ikki's body. Also, the confession wasn't as cute as it was in the manga.

Great episode! They added a hunter-theme to Kirihara's power, which is kinda neat. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's voice acting was amazing and I swear I heard a Joker laugh at some point in the fight.
Oct 24, 2015 5:26 PM

Jun 2015
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:
Anime creators REALLY need to fix their portrayal of crowds...I don't like to believe that crowds love to snide over someone on stage, just because the obviously pathetic asshole is calling for it to be inflicted upon his opponent. Maybe its just me being overly optimistic, but I don't think crowds are THAT stupid to not see who the real asshole and loser is during this fight.
Not really, It's pretty true to life because the good people don't shout to defend the person so all you can hear are the insults.
Read Toriko!
Oct 24, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2014
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:

Seems like these kinds of school are locus for power-struggle, so naturally the ones who think that they're stronger would beat down on someone like Ikki who's the bottom in terms of ranks.

Also, it's just like any competitive sport. You root for one team and you bash the other on occasion.
Oct 24, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2015
Wasn't sure whether or not I was sold on this show, especially after that episode 2, but I am now!

Stella was amazing this episode. Her VA really did a fantastic job during her shouting in the arena. You really felt the emotion there.

The fight against Kirihara was awesome. Fuck that annoying douchebag, was satisfying to see him get his. I continue to enjoy this shows stylization with the gore.

The backdrops and world and colouring used are just beautiful, especially outdoors.

Lastly, that confession scene was done *perfectly*. Silver Link nailed it. I really appreciate that they went with "liking" one another instead of immediately jumping to "love". I adore the peck on the cheek too instead of lip-locking off the bat. It actually came off as a reasonably progressing relationship. Very mature considering this is an ecchi. Been dying for a proper relationship since SAO, and Rakudai is delivering in spades.

Definitely best episode to date though, it made me a believer. Looking forward to next week!
Oct 24, 2015 5:31 PM

Dec 2009
God I'm so glad he wiped the smug fucking look on that guys face. Should've at least given him a bigger flesh wound Ikki.

Damn this show doesn't pal around on the romance. Episode 4 "I love you". God give me more now.
Oct 24, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2011
I think i would have enjoyed this far more if it wasn't over hyped like it was second coming,when i checked it out last week in the manga i was like yeah that was a decent fight hopefully silver link delivers.

with that said it was a good episode surprised about the confession guess that was the main reason that this is set apart from the "others"
Oct 24, 2015 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:

Not to mention the lack of screen time for crowd reaction AFTER the battle...Those who screen along with the crowd are the true cowards.
It happens in the LN and manga so it's not really the "anime creators" fault.
Oct 24, 2015 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
A prime example of mob mentality. If I were Stella, I'd give everyone in the audience 3rd degree burns. As for Ikki, I was hoping he'd really kill that piece of shit...or at least stab him in the dick.

Apr 2014
Milky_way1886 said:
Fkn awesome ep.

Holy fuck, the animation is also really effin good. Didn't rly expect that from silver link tbh
silver link is known for amazing animation wtf u talking bout

Dec 2013
I couldn't but alt+f4 after he didn't deal the killing blow. I don't know what I expected from a generic shit
Oct 24, 2015 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
WOOOOOOOOOOO THE SOUNDTRACK MAKES THE ACTION SO DAMN HYPE. The first half was again just okay, but then everything got awesome in the second half, and I'm not one to usually be impressed by mere action. I don't even know if the action was actually that good, but it was hype af regardless.

That last scene had me grinning like an idiot. Awwwww. <3 I'm glad the romance is developing so early.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 24, 2015 6:02 PM

Aug 2015
Is it just me or did the number of favourites for Stella just increase by a ton after this episode?
Oct 24, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
Besides getting another awesome fight, Ikki & Stella's continuous relationship development is doing wonders for this show. Heck, even the imouto might get her on ship going with Alice-kun.

I'm actually looking forward to this show every week now.
Oct 24, 2015 6:10 PM

Oct 2011
Wow great job by Silver Link! Doing a hell of a job with the adaptation. Great balance between action, comedy, drama, and even romance. Best episode of the season IMO...

Beautiful...
Oct 24, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:

If you visited any highschool or college in last 20 years, you would know that the behavior of the crowd is pretty much 99% accurate to the real life.

Especially for a meritocratic school that seems to rely on segregation and elitism(and apparently nobility bias till end of previous year)
Oct 24, 2015 6:15 PM

Nov 2008
This is so rushed that it could beat the Olympics....

My emotions of this episode is jumping from place to place due to the pace :/

Still good episode. I like how this show don't beat around the bush and they start dating already.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 24, 2015 6:16 PM
Apr 2015
CookingPriest said:
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:

If you visited any highschool or college in last 20 years, you would know that the behavior of the crowd is pretty much 99% accurate to the real life.

Especially for a meritocratic school that seems to rely on segregation and elitism(and apparently nobility bias till end of previous year)

really? you must live in a terrible place or you are just exaggerating. From where I live, people actually have this thing called conscience and people who openly bully someone would be looked down upon. I won't deny that there are exceptions but majority of it are just subtle laughter.
YhneiilOct 24, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 24, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2011
CookingPriest said:
NaChiKyoTsuki97 said:
[spoiler]Anime creators REALLY need to fix their portrayal of crowds...I don't like to believe that crowds love to snide over someone on stage, just because the obviously pathetic asshole is calling for it to be inflicted upon his opponent. Maybe its just me being overly optimistic, but I don't think crowds are THAT stupid to not see who the real asshole and loser is during this fight.

[/spoiler]

Yep, it's mob mentality. If you've been to any sporting events you know what I mean. It's like a freaking virus.
Oct 24, 2015 6:18 PM

Apr 2011
how did the MC survive that arrow in the "organs" which looked it hit his heart...
Oct 24, 2015 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
Valaskjalf said:
how did the MC survive that arrow in the "organs" which looked it hit his heart...
The brain is the most important organ, the rest are not. xDDD I believe it was his guts that got hit, not his heart so he can still live. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 24, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was so freaking awesome! This anime is definitely worth the watch it is so good now, I'm glad I kept watching this anime. The last scene with them basically admitting they loved each was cute <3

Oct 24, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2009
being nervous before battle, the battle, the confession, this anime mc is enjoyable to watch
Oct 24, 2015 6:57 PM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode. Great fight, glad that bastard got taken out.
The ending was so sweet with the confession, didn't expect that. They make such a good couple~
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 24, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was fantastic, for one single reason: character development-interaction, that leads to a romantic ending. GREAT, GOOD, AT LAST A SERIES THAT DOES NOT TAKE THAT LONG TO GO INTO MAKING A COUPLE.

I like the fact this series established the couple quick and naturally, ergo without rushing it or forcing it, just as it needed to be and I'm freaking happy for it, for those two are fantastic together. I loved every second of Stella putting that nasty crowd into their place.

Kurihara was a total asshat, that miserable fuck deserved a better beating, but the fact he got defeated by the person he so much humilliated (arguably leaving himself a sore loser by begging for mercy) and having his life almost taken, will probably put some screws back into his twisted head. At the very least if he isn't cured he will know he can't mess with Ikki so that's a plus.

Gotta love the fact Matsuoka was used in something else other than a hero or a lead, but a bastard that is totally hateable.

Anyway 10/5.
Oct 24, 2015 7:07 PM

May 2013
SalemWitch said:
GOD THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

Now if only Rakudai had Asterisk's budget... can you imagine how much more awesome the fight would have been. BEYOND AWESOME THAT'S WHAT

...you are kidding right? Did u perhaps spell that backwards? You can't even begin to compare the quality silver link is putting on Rakudai with Asterisk, what are you smoking?
Oct 24, 2015 7:09 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice episode, definitely redeeming itself.
Oct 24, 2015 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
This show is just so predictable, cliche and corny but for some reason I am loving it haha I guess the pairing of Stella and Ikki is what makes the show really enjoyable.
Oct 24, 2015 7:15 PM

Sep 2013
block100 said:
Oh damn, didn't expect a confession this early. Loved this episode, he kicked some ass.

And don't forget about the last battle scene, I is amazing
Oct 24, 2015 7:48 PM

Jun 2015
Yhneiil said:
CookingPriest said:

really? you must live in a terrible place or you are just exaggerating. From where I live, people actually have this thing called conscience and people who openly bully someone would be looked down upon. I won't deny that there are exceptions but majority of it are just subtle laughter.
Oh, and where do you live, Heaven? You will NEVER see a crowd around anything other than some sort of conflict. They love it!
Read Toriko!
Oct 24, 2015 7:49 PM

Jan 2012
Mentar said:
animefan8800 said:
Stella's got quite a pair on her...and her lungs ain't bad either. :D It was sweet how she saved Ikki, and their mutual confession, but not even a mouth to mouth kiss? Underwhelming a bit I'd say.

You do realize that this is ep4? :)

Patience, young Padawan! This is not the conclusion of the relationship story.

NeoAnkara said:
animefan8800 said:
Stella's got quite a pair on her...and her lungs ain't bad either. :D It was sweet how she saved Ikki, and their mutual confession, but not even a mouth to mouth kiss? Underwhelming a bit I'd say.
There are time for that. And I can assure you that when the time come it will deliver.

Heh, ok you two. I was just figurin' given all the hype this episode got that we'd get a mouth to mouth kiss. I mean it's not like that's something that needs to be saved for the end. Their relationship could still develop more after, plenty more. I'll wait and look forward to it I guess. :D
Oct 24, 2015 7:49 PM

Jun 2015
BTW, I don't like the ending song because it's too dark. I just realized it after this episode ended because the mood changed too quick from the story to the Ending.
Read Toriko!
Oct 24, 2015 7:56 PM

Jul 2015
OMFG! THIS IS WHAT I'M ALL ABOUT! IKKI X STELLA ALL THE FUCKING WAY! Fight scene was amazingly animated! Love the way Matsuoka voiced that Kirihara guy making him sound like such an asshole and pussy at the end. This anime is amazing!
Oct 24, 2015 7:59 PM

Aug 2007
Now with the big reveal out of the way, well I can't really say in good faith that Rakudai anime will be anything at all groundbreaking in terms of plot and action. If you're still here and expecting the anime to blow you away in storytelling, well who knows it may do just that for you. But let me just say that if you have no interest in the Ikki/Stella dynamic then the experience will most likely be par at best for you.

If you want to see how Ikki and Stella will develop from this point on then I can say with certainty that you will not be disappointed. If you don't care at all about their relationship, then you are most likely better off dropping the anime at this point. While still worth your time investment in my opinion, it just won't be the same if you don't have any interest in Ikki and Stella.

Oh and the hype did live up to my expectations even knowing full well the events that were about to transpire. Silver Link did a magnificent job with adapting this part of the novel even though I think that Stella's outburst to Ikki's recovery could have used several more seconds to build up tension. Other than that and the fanservice that comes with the territory, this is the episode we've been waiting for.
Oct 24, 2015 8:13 PM
Feb 2015
Valaskjalf said:

http://www.ittoshura.com/character/chara_kirihara.jpg

Offense- E
Defense- D
Mana Quantity - D
Mana Control - B
Physical Ability - D
Luck - B

As you can see Kirihara's offense isn't his best trait.
Oct 24, 2015 8:18 PM

Oct 2014
ixarising said:
Valaskjalf said:

http://www.ittoshura.com/character/chara_kirihara.jpg

Offense- E
Defense- D
Mana Quantity - D
Mana Control - B
Physical Ability - D
Luck - B

As you can see Kirihara's offense isn't his best trait.

Ikki also used Ittou Shura, which is basically "steroid mode", right after that.
Oct 24, 2015 8:26 PM
Apr 2015
phantom346 said:
Yhneiil said:

Oh, and where do you live, Heaven? You will NEVER see a crowd around anything other than some sort of conflict. They love it!

Apparently so, at least compared to where you live.

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.