Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was rough, we got Laxus fighting and he fought well in their rematch.

Episode felt kinda slow for some reason though but I'm glad they were able to survive through that. Never thought I'd see the day that Gajeel and Laxus would be able to work together.

GG Tempest. He deserved that although Laxus himself also took quite some damage. Oh boy, Kyoka and Seliah spotted same time. I think that just brings bad news for FT no matter how they look at it. I hope the next fight will be exciting.
Oct 23, 2015 7:37 PM
Sep 2012
Okay they fooled me twice her with Laxus seemingly defeated. I thought for sure when he was down and couldn't move and than awhen Tempesta got up again, that this is, this is when Gray comes into save the day like in the manga, but nope both times Lexus managed to win.

Got to had it to Laxus, and I love that comment he is like Makarov, but Gray did save them by freezing that poison, so things go back to the way it was in the manga.

We spent more times with the Laxus stuff than I thought, but the time we got to the Erza, it was already 18 minutes into the episode. Anyway we have Erza vs Kyouka for the final time maybe. And Mira clothslined Seilah, and it looks like Seilah is dead and never coming back.

Next episode, we have a big surprise next episode, I am not going to even going to give a hint
Oct 23, 2015 7:54 PM
Apr 2013
I actually thought Gray would come in after Laxus got the blood and was happy when I was wrong. It also kept the Tartaros Arc tradition of finding a creative way of finishing off the enemy.

Next episode though. We're gonna have a lot to talk about.
Oct 23, 2015 8:08 PM
Feb 2015
RIP Tempester. So Kyouka is now the last active member of the Nine Demon Gates.
Oct 23, 2015 8:24 PM

Dec 2013
Actually enjoyed the Laxus vs Tempesta fight more than I was expecting to.

Love how Erza vs Kyouka was set up. Easily the best part of the fight.

Next episode is going to amazing! It's pretty obvious if you look at the preview.
Oct 23, 2015 9:03 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty good episode, animation was great, and laxus was badass
Gray's power showdown was a bit weak as compared to manga, but they did great job in explaining tempesta's abilities and his title
Oct 23, 2015 9:13 PM

Mar 2013
Despite what everyone may say, the Laxus vs Tempesta fight imo was a really good addition to the arc. I loved every bit of it.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Oct 23, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
Laxus Vs Tempesta was a great addition, and is pretty much Laxus's best fight in the entire series up to this point.

The manga version was good for hyping up Gray, but Tempesta getting such a shitty death was a huge let down.

Erza Vs Kyouka gonna be dope
Oct 23, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Next week's episode tho.
Oct 23, 2015 10:59 PM

Jul 2012
I dislike the fact that they made laxus get up.

I know this is what he intended to do in the end, since time limit with the manga but I still don't like it. Laxus still being KO should make more sense. Now that Laxus got up again it made Tempesta look weak like the curse power is nothing, wich i don't like. But alright into the facts it should have been
in my opinion. I was hoping this was some kind of filler to get a better production in the next episode so they would not have to cliffhanger the episode in a important scene.
They did not, and this fight was cool but not as cool to what happened in the manga in my opinion.

This is just my opinion as it stands for those that did not read the manga/or those that did i would not be surprised if you liked this episode. It was good, but not what i hoped to expect like in the manga, wich was a let down for me since i prefer that one over this one.

Lets hope they leave the upcoming episodes untouched with backflashes and stretching episodes towards boredom.
dragovaOct 24, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 23, 2015 11:36 PM

Feb 2014
LOL so they spend the whole episode on this fight between Laxus and Tempester but then I hear that this fight never actually happend in the manga. Went to check out the fight in the manga and dayum, Gray just OHKO's Tempester real quick.

I guess they needed to do this, either-wise some other parts probably would have gotten dragged out a bit longer and yknow what, the fight was pretty good for being an anime original so I don't mind.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 24, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2012
Mira came in like a boss with that punch. But next week's episode is the real deal!

Rocksterrock said:
LOL so they spend the whole episode on this fight between Laxus and Tempester but then I hear that this fight never actually happend in the manga. Went to check out the fight in the manga and dayum, Gray just OHKO's Tempester real quick.

I guess they needed to do this, either-wise some other parts probably would have gotten dragged out a bit longer and yknow what, the fight was pretty good for being an anime original so I don't mind.
Hiro wanted this part in the manga but couldn't due to time constraints and other various reasons. So the anime added it in for him.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MasterTengkorakOct 26, 2015 6:45 PM
Oct 24, 2015 12:45 AM

Jun 2012
the last 3-4 fights have been so bad, its amazing
Oct 24, 2015 1:20 AM

Apr 2008
Laxus finished the fight. Hell yes so happy that revenge boner gray didn't get his time to shine.
Oct 24, 2015 2:16 AM

Apr 2015
Hope they continued showing blood,even if its a little leaking from the mouth.Its so weird when the characters are taking so much damage but all you see are scars ._.
Dayum Gray is more pissed than he looks for what Tartaros did to his father lol.
Oct 24, 2015 2:33 AM

Feb 2015
Laxus was amazing! Glad to see him fight.
It's Erza's time to shine next.
Oct 24, 2015 3:17 AM

Aug 2014
Next weeks episode is going to be crazy if the title for it isn't trolling
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Oct 24, 2015 5:01 AM

May 2010
Laxus defeating Tempesta makes it seem like manga and anime are set in two separate universes. This made Gajeel seem like an idiot. Like he's there, and he's seeing Laxus getting drilled to no ends... yet he is still there. Yeah, he's screaming but he is just there. That's where you get nakama power boost, dammit! Oh yeah, I forgot you are not Natsu.

Well, I did like how Laxus got the poison (which I thought was blood.. until he said the otherwise) Very well, I like this ver. better. Gray got spotlight and Laxus got to play a key role as well. Very nice.

Loved Mira's entry, badass. Time for some Erza action!
Oct 24, 2015 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
Okay episode I guess.
Oct 24, 2015 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
In contrast to the last episode, I really like this episode. The fight of Laxus against Tempester was a nice addition and the animation was really good. Like many people had said, I thought that Gray will appear when Laxus give that punch to Tempester and obtain the blood, glad to see that was Laxus the one who finally defeat him. That confirm that Tempester is dead, as in the manga his body didn't vanish after being defeated. His defeat in the anime was better, less anticlimactic and leaving him in a good manner.

I like that A1 Pictures also has added the moment with Gray freezing the particles, they didn't cut his badass moment.

Last part with Erza and Kyoka was okay. Mira apparition was very sudden, but at least she knocked Seilah (speaking of her, the moment when she gives her force to Kyoka was really distracting, I mean, those boobs). That part of the manga wasn't very good to me.

TragicRomance said:
This made Gajeel seem like an idiot. Like he's there, and he's seeing Laxus getting drilled to no ends... yet he is still there. Yeah, he's screaming but he is just there. That's where you get nakama power boost, dammit! Oh yeah, I forgot you are not Natsu.

Gajeel was wounded of his battle against Torafusa. It's not like he could do much in the fight against an opponent like Tempester in his condition.
Oct 24, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2011
laxus win with one hit
and erza vs kyoka
Oct 24, 2015 8:56 AM

Apr 2008
kst said:
laxus win with one hit
and erza vs kyoka

One hit. Ignoring all the other hits that came before it
Oct 24, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
Laxus won finally next week Erza fuck yeah
Oct 24, 2015 11:20 AM

Oct 2009
ERZA needs to kick some serious ass!!!!!!!!

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/missmindkill&sclick=1]
Oct 24, 2015 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
Meh. At least Gray still got 'a' moment.
Oct 24, 2015 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
Well I still thing natsu would have defeated him. He actually seemed weak to me
Oct 25, 2015 1:40 AM

Apr 2008
Epsilon said:
Meh. At least Gray still got 'a' moment.

He got more than he deserves
Oct 25, 2015 3:09 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty good ep, was fun seeing Laxus again, even though he couldn't perform to his fullest because of the anti-magic particles..

And damn, Seliah got fkn huge tits lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2015 3:10 AM

Dec 2013
Milky_way1886 said:
And damn, Seliah got fkn huge tits lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not just Seliah
Oct 25, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2014
Yay, again we saw Laxus. Damn, he is truly amazing that he could withstand so much beating after getting poisoned. I am glad he beat the crap out of that immortal dude. He were quite annoying from the start. ^^

blfan said:
Okay they fooled me twice her with Laxus seemingly defeated. I thought for sure when he was down and couldn't move and than awhen Tempesta got up again, that this is, this is when Gray comes into save the day like in the manga, but nope both times Lexus managed to win.

Got to had it to Laxus, and I love that comment he is like Makarov, but Gray did save them by freezing that poison, so things go back to the way it was in the manga.

We spent more times with the Laxus stuff than I thought, but the time we got to the Erza, it was already 18 minutes into the episode. Anyway we have Erza vs Kyouka for the final time maybe. And Mira clothslined Seilah, and it looks like Seilah is dead and never coming back.

Next episode, we have a big surprise next episode, I am not going to even going to give a hint

All I can say that Nakama-power never dissapoint in this series. So I weren't that suprised. :P

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MasterTengkorakOct 26, 2015 6:45 PM
Oct 27, 2015 2:57 PM

Apr 2014
Gray is apparently FT's Sasuke, lmao. Everyone is hating on him now, because he wants revenge.

So, apparently vengeance=character hate, right?

Anyway, good episode. Nice seeing Laxus kick some ass, and Gray's bad-ass moment was good too.

Can't wait for the next episode~
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Oct 27, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2008
You can freeze gas...?
Oct 27, 2015 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
Sweet! The greatest moment in all of fiction is coming next week. #Hype
Oct 28, 2015 1:03 PM
Aug 2012
Paul said:
You can freeze gas...?

That's how snow is made. Water in gas form freezes and skips the liquid state and thus becomes snow.
Oct 28, 2015 6:22 PM
Jan 2012
good episode. but opening have's a lot of spoilers. Laxus so very strong
I liked the fairy tail doesn't have a Seiya where everithing depends on it.
Oct 29, 2015 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely better than last time, I’m so glad the fight was made this way in the anime Laxus is a badass and by far my favourite dragon slayer so seeing him in action is something I always look forward to. Erza vs Kyoya is another fight I'm looking forward to see animated!!
Oct 29, 2015 4:37 AM
Oct 2015
finally i caught up in the anime after almost 2 years of saving episodes.

Anyways, IMHO what i don't like about FT is that they give mini-spoilers on their OPs damn.
as you can see theres a split second that they show Mavis in a frozen state, idk if thats ice, but that is probably the Lumen Histoire that hades is bitching about, i might be wrong, also is showing acnologia and igneel fighting? seriously?... i hope FT changes their style animating their openings i mean their choice of music and in terms of compisition is really superb though, probably has the best openings except spoiling things.. lel
Oct 30, 2015 12:02 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
This episode made me sleepy. =/

And no one could have easily found Laxus even though his lightning bolts were shot to the sky?
Nov 1, 2015 2:49 AM

May 2014
Yeah, we're about to enter the most bullshit fight I have ever seen in FT history.
And what was that with Laxus? Translation said Roar of the Fire Dragon but lightning came out of the ground...
Nov 2, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
KamSung said:
Yeah, we're about to enter the most bullshit fight I have ever seen in FT history.
And what was that with Laxus? Translation said Roar of the Fire Dragon but lightning came out of the ground...

Granted, this fight may be a close second or third. Now that I think about it, this is probably my favorite arc but it has most of my least favorite fights.
Nov 2, 2015 8:38 PM

Dec 2012
The Rave Master has arrived, and he's looking to kick some demon ass. Preferred the manga version of the fight(I'll respect Hiro's original wish), and I feel that they could have ended this episode in the first half and started Erza vs Kyoka.

Oh, and Seilah. Lawd.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 3, 2015 2:10 PM

Nov 2014
I like how the anime did that fight better than the way the manga did I think.

Ohmygosh I can't wait for next episode Hnnggggg
Nov 4, 2015 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
BlackFox24 said:

Oh what? LOL
I guess I like it this way better then too, though Gray looks really strong right now O_O
Nov 4, 2015 6:58 AM

Aug 2014
Gator said:
BlackFox24 said:

Oh what? LOL
I guess I like it this way better then too, though Gray looks really strong right now O_O

He does? All he does here is freeze some gas. Hardly the display of power he had in the manga or even other characters in the series. Remember when Natsu got LFD mode and laid a hurting on Hades? Or Wendy and Lucy's power-ups that allowed them to kill demons (via one-shot in Lucy's case)? Meanwhile Gray gets to...freeze poisonous dust after Laxus proves what we already knew: That he's superior to Tempesta.
Nov 5, 2015 3:08 AM

Jul 2013
AllenNoah said:
Gator said:

Oh what? LOL

He does? All he does here is freeze some gas. Hardly the display of power he had in the manga or even other characters in the series. Remember when Natsu got LFD mode and laid a hurting on Hades? Or Wendy and Lucy's power-ups that allowed them to kill demons (via one-shot in Lucy's case)? Meanwhile Gray gets to...freeze poisonous dust after Laxus proves what we already knew: That he's superior to Tempesta.

Nov 5, 2015 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Illyricus said:
AllenNoah said:

Trust me, I know. That's one of my favorite fights in the manga. I'm just talking about this moment. Which I feel is necessary to let the viewer realize how much stronger Gray's gotten with his power boost. Now him showing up in that fight's gonna seem asspullish without the proper buildup.
Nov 8, 2015 7:30 AM

Jan 2012
Man natsu was useless in two ep,gray is way stronger than him now.

Nov 9, 2015 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
Gray seems really strong now.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 7, 2015 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
The fight between "Immortal" Tempesta and Laxus was boring, Basically him getting knocked down again and again until he finally took him down, Oh and surprise surprise they stop the chairman right as he finishes activating it Bleh what crap why didn't they do something sooner I mean sure you're strangling yourself but you still have legs.
Dec 31, 2015 6:06 PM

Apr 2009
Crunchyroll: Roar of the Fire Dragon! Funny mistake in the subtitles.

Another really good episode. Loved the action, even an invalid Laxus is a worthy opponent!

Just as I was thinking where is Mirajade? she flies through the air and hits one of the demons with an epic punch. Great timing.

Of course they didn't stop Face in time, but it wouldn't be any fun if they had. I'm hoping we get a decent fight, Erza deserves some real payback with good animation.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.