Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2009 9:03 AM

Dec 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
and that wraps up the level upper arc! the feed was terrible this time but it looks like they did a good job with mikotosama going all out to end it. too bad only my railgun isn't as good of a climax song as joint was (shana ii).

crapcaps:
Dec 18, 2009 9:12 AM
May 2009
The OP during the fight and different ED made it look like the last episode, but thankfully we're only halfway done :D.

Uiharu and Misaka save the day, and all is well, but the Tree Diagram's going to be destroyed by Index in a couple of days. There were some heartwarming moments, too. They didn't have the scene where Misaka's "batteries literally ran dry." Ah well. Great episode anyway, though.

Next week = obligatory mizugi episode before we get into the imouto arc. Kuroko up to no good.
Dec 18, 2009 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, now that was a decent end to this arc.
The fight was impressive but one-sided. I hope there will be an equal opponent to her next time.

The preview dialogue was hilarious, Kuroko is so right xD
Dec 18, 2009 11:06 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverDec 18, 2009 11:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2009 1:05 PM

Jun 2008
AIM Burst wasn't much of an opponent - only regenerating, perhaps that's because just losers used the rare candy... The slow electrocution was disgusting to me. I don't know. Disappointing. Next arc will have a better ending i suppose.

Swimsuit episode next (because it's december) - looking forward.
Dec 18, 2009 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
that was a really good episode. i enjoyed each second of this episode, and i think the end of this arc was good (no awesome... just good). Also i was a bit confused because i watched the raw from Himado and the video just stopped at the ending, and i was 5~15 minutes waiting for the preview for the next episode (all that because i was thinking that was the last episode of Railgun, i'm dumb, i know ._. )
so, next episode: a beach episode (woooowww....¬¬)

for this episode, my score is: 9/10

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Dec 18, 2009 8:53 PM

Mar 2008
Let's get the swimsuit stuff out of the way so we can move on to IMOUTO arc!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2009 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
Squishy Mental-Fetus Jr. had a cool origin of 10000 subconsciouses, kinda like the biological equivalent of GITS' emergence of the Puppeteer from the net.

I know it was off-screen at the time, but in the scene when Kuroko pounced Biribiri I have the feeling she was able to get a few kisses in there...

Great first half! Looking forward to the second and hope the (I'm guessing?) new intro/outros will be just as sweet.
Dec 18, 2009 9:32 PM

Nov 2006
Accelerator I'm waiting for you~
Dec 18, 2009 9:52 PM

Apr 2009
This was truly the first episode that didn't feel like a filler.
Dec 18, 2009 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
good ending to good arc, IMOUTO arc here we go!! I need my accelerator!!
Dec 18, 2009 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
Accelerator arc... it hasn't finished in monthly Manga, has it?
I hope they don't go on with anime original developments...
Dec 18, 2009 10:54 PM

Jul 2008
A few questions. The core of the fetus-monster...was that the same thing inside the girl at the end of Index? What does the core symbolize/what is it?

Also, I thought all of the kids Kiyama-sensei taught died in the experiment. But Misaka kept asking her what she was going to do with them. Are they alive or something?

Next episode, Saten-san in a swimsuit <3
Gar_LoganDec 18, 2009 11:01 PM
Dec 19, 2009 12:25 AM

Dec 2008
Decent ending to the Level Upper arc. I agree that it would have been nice to see Misaka struggle a little more - it felt like she won a bit too easily at the end there - but otherwise, it was a cool battle to watch, anyway. I loved Uiharu in this episode, too~
Dec 19, 2009 3:10 AM

May 2009
AIM Burst lost in 1 eps...
Sigh I thought it may become strong opponent =x
Only Touma and Accelerator can beat Biribiri although I don't want to see Misaka lost lol
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Dec 19, 2009 3:16 AM
Dec 2008
Doubt the sisters arc is gonna be the next one, its probably that special novel after next weeks swimsuit episode ~_~. Also, Kiyama was supposed foreshadow about Mikoto and the sisters, but didn't happen. I was happy to see ITEM, though.
Dec 19, 2009 4:23 AM

Jul 2009
holy_ said:

Only Touma and Accelerator can beat Biribiri althoughl

Well anyone either immune to electricity or that have the ability to manipulate it themselves should be a fair match against her.

Anyway to fight was quite awesome, though her electricity is acting more and more like a lazer if you ask me.
And talk about luck that the ground was filled with that much iron sand, it's not exactly common^^

One thing that peeked my interest though, what was the idea behind the halo which was hovering above the abominations head?
Dec 19, 2009 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
Btw, the fetus-thingy looks like crap, when did this become ghostbusters anyway? ┐(-。ー')┌
Although someone sounds angry ( ´・‿-)
Anyway, I found this fetus to be about just what I thought it'd be.. Although it's alot more resilient than I thought it'd be ٩(๏_๏)۶
And now then, half-way in, Misaka seems to have warmed up ◕ ◡ ◕
Her ironpowder-whip is cool ( ¯‿¯)
tl;dr Misaka's overpowered, period ( ̄ー ̄)
Finishing move: Railgun~ ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Oh lol Kuroko comes in and makes stuff stupid again ( ̄Д ̄)
Saten is awake again, which Uiharu clearly noticed ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Misaka's all charged up again ( ´・‿-)

Huh.. Next time we get the mandatory beach-episode of every anime? ¯(°_o)/¯

Also,
protoman96 said:
crapcaps:
Indeed O.o Crapcaps are crap
OosranDec 19, 2009 5:34 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 19, 2009 5:29 AM
Jun 2008
I can't believe Misaka is so powerful.....but still she lose to Tauma =P
Enell vs Misaka ...I know is different anime...but i wonder who will win?
MorningGloryDec 19, 2009 5:48 AM
Dec 19, 2009 5:35 AM

Nov 2008
Best ep so far. It's finally getting interesting with all the action scenes.
GIVE ME ACCELERATOR NOW.
Dec 19, 2009 5:35 AM
Jun 2008
The ed song has a english version??? 0.0 quite nice
Dec 19, 2009 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
windy said:
Accelerator I'm waiting for you~

MWAHWAHAHA.

gloryfy said:

Yeah, it's actually the b-side from the original ED single.
Dec 19, 2009 6:04 AM

Jan 2009
desolato said:
gloryfy said:
Considering that it's Elisa that we're talking about, it's not surprising that there'd be an ED in English too. Or that's what I think about it anyway.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 19, 2009 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
kaminakun said:

Don't say that. It would be nice. Railgun has a nice humor so it would be better than other swimsuit episodes. Am actually looking forward to it along with some Kuroko lesbian sexy swimsuit action.

Anyway i loved this episode. Biribiri kicked ass. Who needs Touma now? Keep the lover boy away. Biri biri owns on her own she doesn't need to play the damsel in distress. Level 5 kicks ass lady and gentlemen.

Loved how the opening song played during the action scenes and at the end the new slower rhythm of the closing song to make the atmosphere and give a nice feeling of closure.

The only complain is that i kind of hoped that we would have seen what Uiharu's ability is but we didn't.
Nice touchy moments here.

And yeah!!! Saten-san is back.

Now let's have a break with some hot swimsuit,bikini action. Guess who is gonna suffer.
Dec 19, 2009 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
That was an amazing ending to an iffy arc. I'm really impressed with the animation and how they managed to tie up and explain things in this one episode.

The magic fetus (AIM Burst) was possibly one of the coolest monsters I've ever seen in any anime. Also, the fight scene made my jaw drop, what splendid quality!
Dec 19, 2009 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
kaminakun said:
That seems to be the necessary episode that today's animes have. Which is sad. I really couldn't care less about the swimsuit episode.

Anyways, DAMN!!! That's Level 5?? IMO to have such a variety of electrical powers, both offensive and defensive, that should be level 6.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 19, 2009 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
sbyrstall said:
Anyways, DAMN!!! That's Level 5?? IMO to have such a variety of electrical powers, both offensive and defensive, that should be level 6.
Makes me wonder... Just how powerful would a level 6 be then? If this is level 5 O.o
OosranDec 19, 2009 8:33 AM
Dec 19, 2009 8:32 AM

Jul 2009
I wanted the Ending Song NOW!!
The title is different right? Smile -you and me-..ah better find it

Hmm swimsuit episode is fine once in a while..but watching junior high in swimsuit is kinda..oh well

Oosran said:
sbyrstall said:
Makes me wonder... How powerful is a level 6 then? If this is level 5 O.o
Thus the experiment for Lv 6 begun..
LaevanteinDec 19, 2009 8:37 AM
Dec 19, 2009 10:04 AM

Sep 2008
ok that was totally badass, ive regained respect on misaka, with out that regeneration ability the monster was nothing comared to a railgun shoot.
so we´re going to see the imouto arc in the eyes of misaka? that should be interesting
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 19, 2009 10:09 AM

Apr 2008
Did anyone else notice that person during the reconstruction of the power plant who ate the candy?

Why did it seem to focus on her for some reason?
Dec 19, 2009 10:25 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, the episode was really awesome. I enjoyed it :)
Waiting for the new arc <3
Dec 19, 2009 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
pretty good ep, the fetus monster was really weird though O_o
Dec 19, 2009 2:24 PM
Nov 2009
really good ending to the arc! the fight scene was done really well with the OP song in the background. and look! these guys are in the episode!

cant wait til its their turn to shine
Dec 19, 2009 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
Laevantein said:
I wanted the Ending Song NOW!!
The title is different right? Smile -you and me-..ah better find it

Hmm swimsuit episode is fine once in a while..but watching junior high in swimsuit is kinda..oh well

Oosran said:
sbyrstall said:
Makes me wonder... How powerful is a level 6 then? If this is level 5 O.o
Thus the experiment for Lv 6 begun..
Accelerator doesn't count in this conversation ( :p ) ....unless you're talking about Misaka is going to work on level 6 in the next arc.

Oosran said:
desolato said:
gloryfy said:
Considering that it's Elisa that we're talking about, it's not surprising that there'd be an ED in English too. Or that's what I think about it anyway.
The first ED was "Dear My Friend". This one was called "Smile". Two different songs but both on the same album.

toratiger said:
really good ending to the arc! the fight scene was done really well with the OP song in the background. and look! these guys are in the episode!

Ummm...a little less assumption here. Who are these gals??
Dodecahedron-O24Dec 19, 2009 2:57 PM

Dec 19, 2009 2:55 PM

May 2009
Misaka was badass this episode. Loved how she totally fried the the fetus and blew a huge hole in it with the railgun. It was nice how they used the OP song during the fight too.
Dec 19, 2009 2:57 PM
Sep 2009
OPs as fight songs for ending battles is ALWAYS awesome.
No exceptions.
Dec 19, 2009 3:03 PM
Nov 2009
sbyrstall said:

conbiniDec 19, 2009 3:10 PM
Dec 19, 2009 3:19 PM

Jun 2008
toratiger said:
sbyrstall said:

Thanks.

Dec 19, 2009 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
With level upper over with we are now halfway through the series =O overall a meh episode but I'm sure the next arc will make up for that.
Dec 19, 2009 4:58 PM

Jul 2008
Hana-kei said:
Accelerator arc... it hasn't finished in monthly Manga, has it?
I hope they don't go on with anime original developments...

I think they are adapting from the novel even tough they're making original stuff and changing thing and I think that the novel covered this part (And the ojou-sama like we see in the first few episode and op is not filler, she's a character of the novel) In the monthly manga I think it's also comming to an end even tough the lattest chapter hasn't been scanlated as far as I remember.

ReaperEXE said:
This was truly the first episode that didn't feel like a filler.

I wonder what is wrong with you, some episode did feel filler but in most case it contribuated to the plot to get to this episode also most of it was in the manga.

kaminakun said:

Fucking agree.

GarLogan78 said:
A few questions. The core of the fetus-monster...was that the same thing inside the girl at the end of Index? What does the core symbolize/what is it?

Also, I thought all of the kids Kiyama-sensei taught died in the experiment. But Misaka kept asking her what she was going to do with them. Are they alive or something?

Next episode, Saten-san in a swimsuit <3

I can't say for sure but I do think they are linked. As for the kids I must say I don't know since no more detail were added as far as I know. Either Kiyama want to learn resurrection for them or they are only in a coma-like state and she seek a way to heal them.

holy_ said:
AIM Burst lost in 1 eps...
Only Touma and Accelerator can beat Biribiri although I don't want to see Misaka lost lol

Misaka is the third strongest level 5, that mean that there is two stronger than her.
Touma has plotkai, if Misaka went srs business like she did this episode Touma would get owned. Even if she say that she want to kill Touma she uncounsiously think he is interesting, and even tough she harmed her lot of people she has yet to kill someone, when she fight Touma she's not aiming to kill him but to give him a good beating.

OftheFlesh said:
Also, Kiyama was supposed foreshadow about Mikoto and the sisters, but didn't happen. I was happy to see ITEM, though.

As far as I know Kiyama was supposed to foreshadow about Misaka being able to create a brain network by herself and thus being able to become a dualskill, not about the Imouto sister. Tough the scientifist who worked on the imouto project will do foreshadow about Misaka's clone before we have to see them.

Aeterna said:
Decent ending to the Level Upper arc. I agree that it would have been nice to see Misaka struggle a little more - it felt like she won a bit too easily at the end there - but otherwise, it was a cool battle to watch, anyway. I loved Uiharu in this episode, too~

Misaka is the third strongest esper, if she would have struggled against this then she would get rapped latter on.

gloryfy said:
I can't believe Misaka is so powerful.....but still she lose to Tauma =P
Enell vs Misaka ...I know is different anime...but i wonder who will win?

Touma has plotkai, a lot of it. If Misaka goes into indignation mode or just snipe at Touma's feet then he's raped, she also can blast something to fell on him or beat the crap of him with undirect attack.

gloryfy said:

Yes. 'Smile you&me' by ELISA , I have it on my mp3 since a while ago.

sbyrstall said:

Fuck no, level 5 are just this strong, there is not only 7 level 5 in the world for nothing. Accelerator rape Misaka in offensive and defensive even tough his main strengh is the defense. Don't trust me? Well you'll see latter in the serie.
That just show you how much strong a level 6 would be.

Zero_r2 said:
ok that was totally badass, ive regained respect on misaka, with out that regeneration ability the monster was nothing comared to a railgun shoot.
so we´re going to see the imouto arc in the eyes of misaka? that should be interesting

Yes the Imouto arc is centered around Misaka, even tough we see a part of it in Index, most of it happen around Misaka, because it was in Index please do not expect Touma too much since even tough he'll be there sometime most of the time he won't.

blahrgness said:
Did anyone else notice that person during the reconstruction of the power plant who ate the candy?

Why did it seem to focus on her for some reason?

Dunno, novel character or filler character, probably the first tough. Seem like one of the person in charger of academy city so probably one of Misaka's future ennemie.

toratiger said:

OH-SHI- Didn't notice them at first ahah. I'm awaiting them as well.

sbyrstall said:

Yeah long post is long, if you have a question feel free to contact me or just wait maybe I'll come someday and respond to it ._.
Dec 19, 2009 5:22 PM

May 2009
Funny how this monster reminded me of the eva going berserk, with the scrying and the eyes. Anyway, this ep was really great, the last fighting scene with the OP covering was very enjoyable and well done. Looking forward to the next arc.
Dec 19, 2009 6:06 PM

Oct 2009
Best episode 5/5

_Shakugan_no_Shana_S_
Dec 19, 2009 6:08 PM

Nov 2007
Predictable end to the arc. At least the action, however one-sided it may have been, was fine. OP as a battle theme made it cheesy considering this is just he middle of the season. I was hoping AIM Burst would use more skills than just tentacles and shooting icicles. Would have really been nice to see all the past abilities brought up but then again it seems to be just a raging monster with no real intelligence on how to properly manage it's skills.

Swimsuit next ep, more fillers in the middle yadda yadda w/e. Bring on Accelerator and the Sisters. That's really all I care about in this show at this point.
Dec 19, 2009 6:12 PM

Sep 2008
Hey guys, lets talk about future chapters in the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
FYI, this was chapter 15 in the manga. Except for a couple minor conversations (like between the 4 girls) it was true to the source.

maxime1007, I have read the manga and seen the anime series. I know that Accelerator's main power is defensive in nature. We also didn't see Misaka go full out against him like she did with the AIM burst. But since Accelerator's power is changing vector values, it wouldn't take much for him to use Misaka's electrical powers against her.

Dec 19, 2009 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
sbyrstall said:

maxime1007, I have read the manga and seen the anime series. I know that Accelerator's main power is defensive in nature. We also didn't see Misaka go full out against him like she did with the AIM burst. But since Accelerator's power is changing vector values, it wouldn't take much for him to use Misaka's electrical powers against her.

manga spoil
Dec 19, 2009 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
good end to the case ... now i demand more Touma =D

Dec 19, 2009 7:26 PM

Jan 2008
I bet if Touma was there, his unlucky but useful ability could stop that giant baby-thing in an instant, destroy the network, and probably even wake those children form their comas with just a touch of a hand...like Jesus
Dec 19, 2009 9:36 PM

Apr 2008
ahaha oh great, biribiri going super saiyan for a bit there was intense.

Dec 19, 2009 9:41 PM

May 2009
4kicks said:
I bet if Touma was there, his unlucky but useful ability could stop that giant baby-thing in an instant, destroy the network, and probably even wake those children form their comas with just a touch of a hand...like Jesus

Thanks for that. Gave me a good laugh.

Anyway, nice way to close that arc. Action was very well done and the episode was over before I knew it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.