Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 27, 2015 2:09 AM
No cuz i love the country i live in.and Therese things their i dont agree with

Oct 27, 2015 2:20 AM

Nope. American culture is not perfect, but it is mine.
Modified by DawningFog, Nov 2, 2015 3:54 PM

Oct 27, 2015 1:09 PM

(T-T)
My waifu, do not steal.

Oct 27, 2015 1:15 PM

Weebs.
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List

Nov 1, 2015 1:13 AM

DawningFog said:
Nope. When I was younger, I had a bit of a gender crisis, but that's it.

I think it's all the plastic in food packaging.

Nov 1, 2015 1:17 AM

I wish I were Japanese under a few conditions:

1. I was a member of the Mid Night Club.
2. I could dedicate most of my time to driving.
3. After it disbands, I can keep racing.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.

Nov 1, 2015 1:18 AM

Sadly no

Nov 1, 2015 2:30 AM

You could always learn to speak it, read it, and respect and admire the culture without glorifying and idolizing it.

After that, you could feasibly move to Japan, and be a citizen.

Honestly speaking, Japan doesn't welcome weeaboos with open arms. It seems like a lot of people are ashamed of that part of their culture.
Not that I think it should be okay to be judgmental. Everyone should be allowed to live in a way that makes them happy, as long as it isn't hurting anyone. But at the same time, a lot of people are actually disrespecting them by generalizing their entire society with "anime and manga" and nothing else.

If you really wanna be Japanese, put in the work and go. It's something that people can and have done before, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Nov 1, 2015 2:34 AM

No, no, no. Japanese people study and work to much and too hard.

Nov 1, 2015 2:42 AM

Nah, i'm good.

Join reddit r/anime community!

Nov 1, 2015 6:45 AM

Mooncake said:
I used to wish I was from Massachusetts.

Ayyyy Massachusetts is awesome :D

And no I love being Ethiopian

Nov 1, 2015 6:49 AM

Gvendoline said:
No, no, no. Japanese people study and work to much and too hard.

The Asian corporate world is fucking brutal lol.

Nov 1, 2015 7:06 AM

nah m8

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁

Nov 2, 2015 1:23 AM

Nah, I don't, tbh. Sometimes I regret not growing up in Japan due to the culture, the school system with clubs and uniforms and so on (do you have any idea how much money I spend on clothes to feel presentable in school. it's ridiculous), but I'm also really lucky to being born where I have been and I do genuinely love Sweden, so no, not in that way.

Nov 2, 2015 2:54 AM
No. I'm happy the way I am.

Nov 2, 2015 2:58 AM

FUCK NO
do I want to live in Japan? yes
do I want to be a Japanese citizen? yes
do I want a Japanese waifu? yes
do I want to be Japanese? NO

I like who I am and I'd never want to be asian, I'd love to live in asia if I could but that's different

Nov 2, 2015 1:49 PM

no. never.

Nov 2, 2015 1:52 PM

I wish I was Chuck Norris
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nov 2, 2015 2:04 PM

I enjoy being Hispanic.

Nov 2, 2015 2:12 PM
Believe

Zeally said:
I wish I was John Cena

Nov 2, 2015 2:12 PM

I still wish I was from Seattle.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nov 2, 2015 2:13 PM
Believe

mayukachan said:
I take back what I said before.

I want to be Japanese, or at least be able to read it. Every single manga series by Tomoko Ninomiya only has one or two chapters out online but it's completed in Japan. I'd kill to read them.

the grammar is pretty easy. learning 3000 kanji is the tough part.

Nov 2, 2015 2:19 PM

I feel more than content about me being a tall, ash blond and well endowed Swede. However, I do wish sometimes that I was from another country.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

Nov 2, 2015 2:21 PM

Nah but I wish I had some ramen right about now

Nov 2, 2015 2:27 PM

No
╳ ╳ ╳

Nov 2, 2015 2:44 PM

No. I'm fine with being myself (A black woman).

Rarusu_ said:
I feel more than content about me being a tall, ash blond and well endowed Swede. However, I do wish sometimes that I was from another country.

You sound very handsome. What color is your eyes.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.

Nov 2, 2015 2:56 PM

I wish I was a perpetually young high school girl vampire that could walk in sunlight with long braided black hair that carries around a katana.

Nov 2, 2015 3:11 PM

waterfallsxo said:

Rarusu_ said:

Indeed, I am a very handsome and cultivated young man. When my forrest coloured green eyes are staring into a woman's soul, she'll get a heart attack and die.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

Nov 2, 2015 3:14 PM

Rarusu_ said:
waterfallsxo said:

Indeed, I am a very handsome and cultivated young man. When my forrest coloured green eyes are staring into a woman's soul, she'll get a heart attack and die.
My peppercorn brown eyes are sexier than yours
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Nov 2, 2015 3:37 PM

Comic_Sans said:

Confident now are we. Brown eyes are sexy, but I don't think they can compete with my green pearls.

Nov 2, 2015 3:38 PM

Rarusu_ said:
Comic_Sans said:

Confident now are we. Brown eyes are sexy, but I don't think they can compete with my green pearls.
Maybe

But they can't compete with the rest of me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Nov 2, 2015 3:40 PM

Comic_Sans said:
Rarusu_ said:

Maybe

Now, that's cheating. We were discussing eyes here.

Nov 2, 2015 3:44 PM

Rarusu_ said:
Comic_Sans said:
Maybe

Now, that's cheating. We were discussing eyes here.
Idgas I like cheating
Nico- said:

Nov 2, 2015 3:46 PM

Maybe, so i can be an aidoru

Nov 2, 2015 3:46 PM

badwolf45f said:

Well,there are worse career choices out there....
Will sell gamer boi bath water. More in PMs.

Nov 2, 2015 3:48 PM

Mischievous said:
badwolf45f said:

U wanna fight? >:(

Nov 2, 2015 3:51 PM

Comic_Sans said:
Idgas I like cheating

It's not okey, I was having my moment in the light here.

Nov 2, 2015 3:53 PM

badwolf45f said:
Mischievous said:

O-of c-course not!
It was with your wellbeing in mind. T_T
Will sell gamer boi bath water. More in PMs.

Nov 2, 2015 3:55 PM

As long it it doesn't affect my dick size or height negatively.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Nov 2, 2015 4:01 PM

Mischievous said:
badwolf45f said:

O-of c-course not!
It was with your wellbeing in mind. T_T

Nov 2, 2015 4:14 PM

Rarusu_ said:
Comic_Sans said:
Idgas I like cheating

It's not okey, I was having my moment in the light here.
Lol
Nico- said:

Nov 2, 2015 4:29 PM

I wish I was OP so I could go outside and get a job for myself

Nov 2, 2015 4:30 PM

ToastofJustice said:
I wish I was OP so I could go outside and get a job for myself

Impossible, I barricaded all my doors and windows with steel bars.
My waifu, do not steal.

Dec 26, 2015 1:04 PM
No I don't wish I was a Japanese.This might sound weird, but to me it your nationality shouldn't matter at all. In the end we're all humans with feelings etc. be it Japanese, American etc. Your bationality shouldn't be a factor in what kind of person you want to be or what skills you want to learn. OP do you really want to be Kapanese or do actually want to be accepted by Japanese people the way you are now? What's more important? I honestly won't feel much respect for people to demand of you to be of the same nationality so they can accept you. It's said if you'd actually seriously feel that your ehole existence isn't important, because you were/weren't born or raised in a certain country.I think this kind of behaviour us what create horrible wars like the WWII. For some reason some people like to feel more superior to others.xD I for once decided to accept myself & be glad I was even born & got to learn things. In mu eyes there're much worser things than not being Japanese. Be glad you're not blind & deaf & have means to communicate with other people!;) You're spoiled:P As I am, we're lucky we can enjoy anime etc.xD Try thinking like that.

Also to me the only thing that should be important is my own behaviour towards others, health & happiness.In the end I decide what kind of a person I want to be.Nationality has not much to do with it, since it just a social status.I'd rather be able to survive in any country, than in just 1 country. When it comes just survival on this planet, do you think it matters whether you are Japanese on paper or not or is it more important to learn how to communicate, cook & other basic skills etc.? The fun thing is you don't have to be Japanese to learn to live like Japanese people do. You wishing to be Japanese wouldn't have happened if you were born Japanese, if you were you might be wishing you were of the same nationality you are now or had the same looks xD. People always wish for things they don't or can't get.Say you wrre Japanese born & raised Japanese, you still wouldn't be the same person you are now.So basically you don't like who you are now? Where do you draw the line?

Lol so many questions, right? I find it quite interesting to see how some people wish for things without seriously understanding what they're wishing for or the big consequences some of their wishes might have. Am I the only person that's glad not all wishes can be granted?Sorry for the long post.I know can be quite a thinker.;)

Dec 26, 2015 1:06 PM

I'm pretty happy with where I was born.
If you generalize, you're wrong.

Dec 26, 2015 1:20 PM

I feel like growing up in a ghetto makes me more down-to-Earth, even if I feel like busting a cap in someone's ass from time-to-time. Probably an experience I'd never get from living in a ghetto.

I'd love to live in Japan though. I gotta bring over my fully-built C63 and hassle the cops. I just NEED to do it.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.

Dec 26, 2015 1:46 PM

Hahaha no never

Id be cool with a little Japanese in me but not fully Japanese. I would only want a little of the blood for more genetic diversity in myself as well as the cultural heritage. As for nationality, I would not ever want to live in Japan. I think it would be cool to visit but I would not fit in there really.

Dec 26, 2015 2:00 PM

I wish I'd know japanese fluently but absolutely no to living in japan killing myself over depression.
I also wouldn't wish to be a target of xenophobics.
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!

Dec 26, 2015 2:01 PM

No i'm fine with where i'm from, Speaking Japanese would be nice.
But at the moment i'm just too busy.

Dec 26, 2015 2:23 PM

Sometimes yes and not just because of anime, I love Japanese culture in general.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »