Forum Settings
Forums

Crunchyroll and Sumitomo Corporation Establish Anime Investment Joint Venture

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2015 7:03 PM

May 2015
This sounds very good, hopefully they can reverse the pandering trends that have been going on in Japan by putting some American money into the industry.
Oct 22, 2015 10:13 PM

Jan 2010
Unless they decide to go full villain on us, this is going to be a good thing.
Oct 23, 2015 12:01 AM

Mar 2014
09122013 said:
True. But I see nothing bad in working wich them. Sure thing some streaming services are hated for whatever reason but what does it have to do with possible quality of the product they will create?
When shit interfers with shit it becomes dog shit
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 23, 2015 1:58 AM
Sep 2014
Comic_Sans said:
09122013 said:
True. But I see nothing bad in working wich them. Sure thing some streaming services are hated for whatever reason but what does it have to do with possible quality of the product they will create?
When shit interfers with shit it becomes dog shit

or something like this happens:

minus x minus = plus
Oct 23, 2015 7:23 AM

Mar 2013
I'm hoping for better subs now.

Oct 23, 2015 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
i don't mind involvement of crunchy or legal anime streaming sites because it's necessary for survival of anime industry but if there will be involvement of any other western companies or investors then anime will surely loose it's charm which will surely happen in future if further western involvement will happen...AMEN!!!
Oct 23, 2015 7:01 PM
Jan 2010
Wow, a company that doesn't even license anime GLOBALLY now tries to do some big shit.
They can only wish to last five years. Worse, Sumitomo can drain away Crunchyroll's assets at the smallest sign of being unable to earn enough.
Oct 24, 2015 1:01 AM

Jun 2007
Max said:
Western companies being able to produce (and therefore influence) the production and content of anime? There's no way this is going to end well.
And here I thought that the problem with CR was that they were some kind of parasitic legal-bootlegger middleman that damaged the industry by paying license fees. But now that they're becoming more directly involved with producing and funding anime, it's not going to end well? It's almost as if "bad" is equivalent to "whatever Western anime distributors happen to be doing at the moment."

Jerkhov said:
I just want Bandai to get under a new licensor so its shows can be on CR again
Many of Bandai's licenses for Sunrise shows have been picked up by either Sentai or Funimation, so there's a fair chance that at least the Sentai titles might surface on CR again.
Oct 24, 2015 6:40 AM

May 2010
I have nothing but respect and well wishes for them. Just look at the sorts of critically acclaimed shows we got from Amazon, Hulu, and [especially] Netflix. This could be the start of some amazing content for people other than the usual otaku audience.
Oct 29, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2011
wrenchbread said:
I have nothing but respect and well wishes for them. Just look at the sorts of critically acclaimed shows we got from Amazon, Hulu, and [especially] Netflix. This could be the start of some amazing content for people other than the usual otaku audience.

I agree. it cant get any worse then the generic drivel that is 80 percent of anime these days.We all complain about getting the same rehashed crap...well now it might change!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.