Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2009 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's finally the end, Shiso didn't really look like he stand a chance of winning after Tooya given Ceres back her Hagoromo :D The fake Hagoromo doesn't have a perfect regeneration :) Ceres and Shiso finally are back together :D Hopefully now both Tooya and Aya can have some peace. I have to say i'm worried about how long Tooya would live but it's important to cherish what you have now :D
Jul 24, 2010 5:07 PM

Dec 2008
Wow! That final episode was amazing!!
Ceres and Shiso got back together.
Aya and Tooya are together. And...it looks like Yuuhi may still eventually get the girl because Tooya mentioned that he doesn't have long to live.
10/10
Aug 27, 2010 8:45 PM

Feb 2010
Surprisingly good overall. 8/10. Got a little bit too mushy for my tastes. only time I even got a little teary was at the end, so the presentations was a little off, but not by a lot.
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Oct 4, 2010 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
Personally, i loved it, there was not a thing i didn't like about it. I've just finished a 6 hour marathon of Ayashi No Ceres and my eyes hurt like hell and i will probably not be able to think of anything else but touya dying for the next few days. So i can say that this is another great anime that marked me.
Feb 22, 2011 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
I should say something since I just finished it now.. It took me a while to finish it coz it's kinda slow unlike that of Fushigi Yuugi.. Don't like Toya that much, Like Yuhi better! hehe..

But all in all, nice story plot! ^^ The end was perfectly well done.. Both Ceres and Mikagi still love each other enough to forgive what had happened in the past.. I rated the ending as 5.. but overall, it's an 8 for me.. XD Still a really nice work of art! ^^ Is the manga the same? I would like to read the manga though.. hmm...
Jul 14, 2011 12:50 PM
Jul 2011
Hated the fact that Toya wound up with Aya instead of Yuhi...
Mar 26, 2012 11:27 PM

Jan 2012
Very unique one of a kind story...

Too bad the producers didn't deliver it as well as it should have. A lot of potential wasted in my opinion..
Aug 1, 2012 1:28 AM

Jul 2008
All I could think about at the ending was Yuhi continued to get screwed over even in the end and gets Toya's sloppy seconds in 2-3 years including a kid that isn't his own.
Sep 7, 2012 7:33 PM

May 2008
Yuhi friendzoned till the end of time.

Pretty sure Ceres said Tooya will live like a normal human, she doesn't really specify a short lifespan so I don't get how they get to the conclusion that he'll live for only 2 or 3 years, I feel like the author just wanted to add a new condition just to squeeze more melodrama in this series.

That being said, I actually enjoyed majority of this series, each episode seemed eventful and the plot was surprisingly original. So far it's my favourite work by Yuu Watase.
MagEarwhigSep 7, 2012 8:06 PM
Feb 28, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
Finally done with it.. nothing special though.. hehe..
Nov 29, 2013 12:35 PM
Jul 2013
Wow I started watching this yesterday morning and I've just finished it...it was a really beautiful story, really nice. I'm not usually into this genre of anime but I loved it. I am now officially a Yuu Watase fan

Haha, sucks to be friendzoned! Yuhi, I know that feel bro.
May 21, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2008
Toya at the end: If the time comes...you can babysitting Aya to your heart's content...Yuhi~ :3 Poor Yuhi, he can never get out off this mess...cause Aya is dumb as fuck and need all the help she gets when Toya is not here.

Finally over! The downside of this show is that they are always using cheap tricks to reduce the animation. I always seeing facial closeups, still pictures, speaking without mouth animation, not much facial expression which didn't delivered enough emotion to the watchers.
The plot is a big mess imo and the MC Aya is incredible weak. What did she done in the whole anime? exactly! nothing...except crying and bitching. 4/10 This is just my opinion about this show, I am happy for the others who enjoyed the show too~ :3
Nov 2, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
rewatched it for the sake of old times. I love both FY and ANC, but prefer ANC because of the more mature and complex story. Plus, the female main chara is less annoying. Still, the adaption rushed near the end, ppl who like this should def read the Manga, its much better.

I was more sad about Aki and Chidori, even though i don't dislike Touya, I couldn't care much for him, Aya and their relationship. The saddest thing about Aki is, that at the beginning of the show he said that he's just grateful for a normal life, even if it's "dull" as Aya said, but he appreciates just being alive and well and doesn't wish for more. And then fate srews him over.
Nov 5, 2014 4:44 PM
Nov 2014
I personaly like this anime very much.I was sad and happy at same time at the end,my favourite charter is Toya and i dont like Yuhi that much dont know why.When i heared that Toya will die soon i felt so bad becouse he will die and Yuti wil come on his place.At same time it was wonderful end.To me this anime is 10/10
May 2, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
A great ending to a very good anime. I expected it to be more bittersweet (Tooya giving up his life to save Aya) but I liked it anyway. Too bad Ceres gone to deep sleep (I liked her more than Aya, who was annoying at times).

Overall 8/10 from me.
mozgowJan 7, 2017 7:26 AM
Jan 7, 2017 7:12 AM

May 2014
Why did even Toya said that he doesn't have much time left?!?!? Damn it, it leaves me so depressed after watching.. Can't we have a pure happy ending?! The kind that doesn't hurt until the end?! Ughguguhgu..
Aug 29, 2017 11:01 PM

Aug 2017
I agree with one of the posters above that the plot was kind of a mess. The beginning was very slow, but at least there was lots of action toward the end. I didnt really feel attached to any characters, though I did ALMOST tear up in this last episode. I give it a 5/10. It was alright, but I probably wont rewatch it again. Loved the opening song though and I will definitely jam to that for awhile.
Jun 27, 2021 6:12 PM

May 2020
Wow I really liked Fushigi Yuugi so decided to give Ceres a go... it was so bad. :( Gave it a 4/10 for characters I didn't care about, ridiculous plot, bad animation, and for being an overall bore.
Aug 29, 2023 3:51 AM
Jan 2020
Still feel bad for Yuhi ❤️

More topics from this board

» Series

Kelarie - Dec 11, 2009

2 by swirlydragonfly »»
Mar 8, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 1 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 14, 2009

12 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 26, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 16, 2009

10 by Miryy »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:36 PM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 2 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 14, 2009

12 by Slimsith »»
Apr 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Poll: » Ayashi no Ceres Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 16, 2009

12 by LavenderBottle »»
Jun 10, 2020 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.