Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2015 10:22 PM
Oct 2013
Arcos said:
the 10 km would kill even them after a period of time.

I remember some athletes run as far as 20km per day though.

While looking for supporting facts, I found this:
http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/how-many-miles-a-week-should-i-run

Yup, professional runners run 15-20km or so in a single day.
Nov 6, 2015 10:56 PM

Apr 2013
Blankbite said:
Arcos said:
the 10 km would kill even them after a period of time.

I remember some athletes run as far as 20km per day though.

While looking for supporting facts, I found this:
http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/how-many-miles-a-week-should-i-run

Yup, professional runners run 15-20km or so in a single day.

That's obviously doable. What he said is it's impossible to do that every day, for three years.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 7, 2015 2:58 AM
Oct 2013
I think you didn't read the article. It's 20km per day, 7 times a week. Basically everyday. They probably take a break once in a while but that's it. If they do half of it, then it's pretty doable even without a 1-day break. All they have to do is maintain their health. Of course accidents or getting sick for other reasons don't count. And I'm talking about elite runners here. Basically those who have experience and already have a well-built body beforehand. Plus, it's not like you run 10km for 10 hours. It only takes around 1 hour for average people and I'm talking about an athlete here. Not counting livelihood, you have 23 hours remaining to rest your body and build your strength. That's more than enough time to rest your body.
ExplodingGirlNov 7, 2015 3:08 AM
Nov 7, 2015 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
Blankbite said:
I think you didn't read the article. It's 20km per day, 7 times a week. Basically everyday. If they do half of it, then it's pretty doable even without a 1-day break. All they have to do is maintain their health. Of course accidents or getting sick for other reasons don't count. And I'm talking about elite runners here. Basically those who have experience and already have a well-built body beforehand.

I'm pretty sure even elite marathon runners don't run kilometers 7 days a week, nevermind doing that for 3 years without skipping a single day. Your muscles wouldn't have enough recovery time , which would lead to injury that in turn would force you to stop. Btw, there's nothing in that article that says anything about running everyday...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 8, 2015 2:46 AM
Oct 2013
I'm talking about possibility of actualizing a 10km regimen for professional runners that excludes any other exercise, not the actual practice with factual evidence. But you ignored most of the arguments I've given. We're not going to see eye to eye. Suit yourself then.
Feb 8, 2016 6:46 AM
Oct 2012
Here is my report,
Day 1 I barely manage to do all the task,
100x push up = I could not do this in one go, my face hit the floor real hard on 67,
100x sit up = I could do this in one go,
100x squat = I could not do this in one go the pain was killing me and I could not even stand on #48,
10km run = I did (mostly walking) , I almost fainted at the end
Day 2
Could not even move a finger, all my muscles were crying like hell
Day 3
Still hurt
Day 4
Getting better

This training is not easy and impossible to be done every single day, it is not safe for beginner, you could even die in day 1

For those who really wants to do this training, try something more easy at first like 20x push up, 20x sit up, 20x squad, 1km running until you are ready for this.
didtavFeb 8, 2016 6:49 AM
Feb 11, 2016 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
didtav said:
Here is my report,
Day 1 I barely manage to do all the task,
100x push up = I could not do this in one go, my face hit the floor real hard on 67,
100x sit up = I could do this in one go,
100x squat = I could not do this in one go the pain was killing me and I could not even stand on #48,
10km run = I did (mostly walking) , I almost fainted at the end
Day 2
Could not even move a finger, all my muscles were crying like hell
Day 3
Still hurt
Day 4
Getting better

This training is not easy and impossible to be done every single day, it is not safe for beginner, you could even die in day 1

For those who really wants to do this training, try something more easy at first like 20x push up, 20x sit up, 20x squad, 1km running until you are ready for this.

Haha, I can see push ups being a bit tricky for beginners, but 20 situps/squats should be a breeze for anyone. If not, then I have bad news for them....

I would say that per total combined, 500 of each is good per day and the running is best done in moderation like 3 km max. With this, anyone should be able to get into like top 500.000 strongest humans on the planet lol.

More running than that will do more bad than good, unless you want to become a skinny marathon runner.
Feb 27, 2016 8:57 PM

May 2015
i mean like his training is possible if you have the body of a navy seal, but his entire regime is physically demanding. so if you're gonna attempt it, start off small (especially with the run) so you dont hurt yourself! :D
(●´ω`●) idk what to put here
Feb 27, 2016 9:02 PM

Feb 2016
omiGOSH no I'm gonna sit and do nothing all day haha B)
May 5, 2016 9:26 AM

Jun 2014
gonna start soon as possible.

wish me luck guys!!
May 7, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2014
Gikiseima said:
gonna start soon as possible.

wish me luck guys!!

Start what? If you are a tiny bit wise, you know that your hopes are misplaced in a joke like that.

Oh, and if an anime convinced you to start something now, I bet you won't get far....
Aug 2, 2016 8:23 AM
Aug 2016
It's come to my attention that many have been doing this workout wrong. If you wish to get strong from this workout it is possible. Just do each part consecutively. 100 push-ups nonstop. 100 squats nonstop. 100 sit ups nonstop. 10km nonstop.
Aug 6, 2016 1:49 AM
Oct 2012
I've struggle before in the beginning and I never trained before but I managed to do it for four days. The pushups and squats are no problem, setups ruin your back so I avoided that part, it's the 10k run. Every time I'd finish I would crash like an hour later and wake up during nighttime which would annoy the hell out of me since I wasted so many hours that could have gone towards video games, manga/anime and hanging out with friends. I felt lazy dropping out the run so I'm gonna try again and try to stay awake long enough for nightfall to arrive.
Jan 30, 2017 10:15 PM
Apr 2016
I just read the comments in this thread and I'm surprised by how people are talking about 100 pushups (or even pullups!) being easy and the 10k run hard. 100 pushups means in one set right? That's no small feat. I would bet the vast majority of those of you who think you're fit can't do more than 30 in a set.

On the other hand even if you can barely run a mile you can work up to a 10k run within a couple of months. Anyone training for a marathon, not just elite runners, could run 10k every day of a year without killing themselves.
Feb 10, 2017 9:16 AM
Feb 2017
Soooo I tried it!

May 11, 2022 10:56 AM
May 2022
I train in the gym according to the One Punch Man program. It is very difficult, but it gives results. I will leave a link to the exercises, you may find it useful https://bestbodyworkout.com/one-punch-man-workout/
May 14, 2022 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
No, I don't want to be the strongest hero, nor I want to go bald. I'm happy as I am.
Aug 22, 2022 10:16 AM
Aug 2019
I did 70 pushups today and my left arm is killing me, I'm sure it'll be followed by more pain tomorrow. Mind you, I'm just your average guy with slim body and very little muscle.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

1 by OvergrownRover »»
Apr 14, 4:07 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

430 by Xerreth »»
Mar 13, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.