Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 19, 2009 2:17 PM
Aug 2009
OmegaDenmad said:
Hm. I do recognize that Battler seems to be stuck on "ANGER" for the anime, while in the VN he changes between "sad-screaming-angry-incompetent-hotblooded" a lot more. Daisuke Ono seemed to get the character's tone only at times.
And don't forget the smiling, laughing and grinning Battler in the VN, that was totally cut out of the anime.
I do remember noteDhero commenting how Battler's comment about him sometimes thinking Beatrice being a funny person seemed very out of place.

The boring first half of EP1 is more interesting when reading through the novel the second time because that's when you notice the small hints there.
moldy_tomatoDec 19, 2009 2:24 PM
Dec 20, 2009 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, the VN has its share of problems and is by no means a masterpiece, but it's still infinitely better than the trash that is the anime.
Dec 20, 2009 6:56 AM

Jan 2009
Well, just yesterday I showed the first 5 episodes of Umineko anime to a friend and his girlfriend, and they loved it.

Maybe you could say it's because EP1 is the most grounded in "reality" and when it begins to go into magic territory their opinion will change, but still, what I wanted to say is that people do love the anime on it's own and I have seen living proof of it (with them, this makes 5 people I have gotten hooked to the anime xD). I don't see how an anime people can enjoy, and that doesn't depend on LOLReferences/fanservice at all, can be trashy.

Worse than the SN... in some respects, I agree. But adaptations are always considered lower tier than the original source; it's rare to see Adaptation Distillation. It's a long shot to go from "worse than the original source" to "trash" "crap" "worst anime ever".
Dec 20, 2009 9:46 AM

Oct 2009
I definitely think that some anime viewers can and will enjoy the anime a lot! And I am a lot less critical of it than some other people. I do think they get short shrifted on clues and characterization. But some people are just not prepared to like Umineko unless their hands are held the entire time, and the anime does not do that in the slightest.

I think the only really lethal mistakes DEEN has made has been:

- Not mentioning Ange until right before the end of EP 3
- Cutting out those red truths
- Doing what they've just done with EP 4

Well, and their animation fail. As for their terrible sales -- I would attribute that to 1) that bad animation, 2) the fact that it's a hard story for noobs to get into if they aren't willing to go with it, and DEEN didn't help those people at all, and 3) the fact that their DVD pricing is practically criminal. I don't blame people for not buying discs containing two episodes a-piece that cost $60+ either, especially for those who are having a hard time getting into the show.

Unfortunately, that just means we are almost certainly not going to get Chiru animated.
Dec 20, 2009 10:05 AM

Dec 2008
Choosy_Green said:
I'm laughing so hard. These responses have been the most articulate arguments I have ever read.

Darklight0303 said:
I know for a fact someone who started the anime and then after hearing all the stuff about the novels they decided to try them. GUess what? THAT person loved it. And now that person is also VERY VERY disappointed in how the anime did things.

So your assumptions only apply TO YOURSELF.
SO DON'T SPEAK ABOUT IT LIKE IT'S THE ULTIMATE TRUTH IT'S NOT

...hahahahahahahahahhaa. Wow, okay. So your friend likes the VN and not the anime, therefore your side of the fence is more valid then mine. Cool story, bro. But I don't think that is how it works. I gave my opinion, and thus far the only response has been "OMG YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT ABOUT THE MUUUUUSSSIIICCC NOOOOOOOOOO," which is utter bullshit.

No one even bothered to actually counter me in pretty much every point I made. I would of expected someone more mature to come in and say "it gets better," or "you have not reached some of the better music." Personally, I may not like it if I continued, but at this point it is just so horrible I cannot understand how people forced themselves to get passed this point, unless they really enjoyed it right from the beginning.

That's ridiculous, he was just assurting that if you think it's bad, that not everyone is going to think the same thing. It's rude, and not only a elitist property to say your word is law, putting in that someone said the opposite doesn't mean that their opinion is any better.

You don't have to like Umineko, but if your going to troll, and whine about how much you don't like it is another. Yes, it's understandable you don't like it, but that doesn't mean you have go around preaching "It's horrible in every aspect, and your view is under mine".

If anything I could say to you that your logic of reasoning on dislikes would be horrible, it's not the music, or character design that make the story, it's the plot, and interesting character personalities that make it a whole.Yes, Chiaki Kon, and DEEN have screwed up this anime down hell, and back, but f you notice us VN players actually refuse at some points to say anything about the original VN because of anime only viewers sake to keep their opinion, and theory to solve the mystery. Instead of saying that "No, this how it really happened, and your idea is dead wrong"

VN players aren't acting as supremacy, but putting out their opinion just as yourself. True broad answers, such as "it gets better" are dumb ways of putting it, but it's a way to make sure that you'll enjoy it in a whole aspect, instead of giving a shebang chalk note of references away out of confusion on a anime only viewer part.

If you don't like it drop it, your two cents are fine right there, without having anyone to say otherwise.
Dec 20, 2009 4:20 PM

May 2009
I still think the VN readers expected far too much from the anime and have become oversensitive to anime-only people criticizing them.

Exactly how long is the VN, time-wise? And would all of that fit into a 26-episode anime series? My money is on 'no'. This means they'll have to cut stuff. But what would have to be left out and what not? I refuse to believe they left out truly crucial stuff and that the murder mystery is now pretty much unsolvable. You're just given less clues now, that's all. I'm pretty sure that if it the cut stuff was of truly vital importance, they would've left it in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2009 4:26 PM
Apr 2009
The thing is, it didn't have to be 26 episodes long. Also, the parts that were cut out were the parts that made the VN exciting and fun, the story is better explained, too.

I still don't get why R07 would entrust Studio DEEN with a more complex story after they screwed up higurashi.
Dec 20, 2009 6:58 PM

Jun 2007
Probably a contract thing regarding the When They Cry series.
Dec 20, 2009 7:17 PM

Jul 2007
Reminder about Forum Etiquette:
Guys, please remember to keep conversation civil. I've left out the warnings since it took way too long for this situation to be dealt with in the first place, but please keep in mind for the future that we do not allow users to troll the forums, bait others, flame others, harass others, insult others, or otherwise attack other members. This includes such attacks that are defensive in nature or responsive in nature.

I've removed most (if not all) of these issue posts. Don't let it happen again please.
Dec 22, 2009 11:12 PM

Aug 2007
Original source is ALWAYS better. It's really that simple.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.