Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 21, 2018 7:38 PM

Jun 2016
Karasuno's practice match seemed to serve two purposes, to show Yachi the seriousness, passion, and skill of our players, and to show us how they've changed in the eyes of their opponents. They are no longer the flightless birds and Hinata has surpassed even their most cherished players in some's eyes. I seriously loved how Yachi noticed the difference between the guys messing around akin to a flock of birds and their transformation into warriors walking to their battlefield. She was awestruck.

I think Yachi is a great character to focus on for season 2. It seems that Hinata has already started to influence her for the better. In her own words, she's never tried to do something on her own or had people depend on her. She plays townsperson b when she plays roles in the drama club. She feels like she needs reasons to be allowed to pursue what she wants to do and accepts herself as a background character. Quiet and docile. I think her questioning why they want to win was a great moment. That paired with Shimizu telling her you can act on a whim without needing passion or good reasons moved her to finally do something for herself. She realized that it doesn't matter if you are a townsperson b in life like she thinks she is, you can still own that role and do what you want, do what you want so much that you outshine the lead role like Hinata did. And, that's what this anime is good at doing, making really decisive and satisfying and constant character development. She's a nice outsider who has so much change she can go through throughout the course of this, and she's a nice look at Karasuno from an outsider perspective, and her dynamic in the group freshens things up from the first season. It's a great decision to add her to the team.

I particularly love how excitable she is. She may not have faith in herself but when she's pushed just a little bit she snowballs and lets all the energy inside of her that she holds back out like when she shouted to her mom that she was going to join the team. Speaking of her mom, her moms awesome too. She may be cold and too hard on her daughter, always leaving her alone for work, but it's her way of tough love and she even cried after she saw how strong she was getting and later helped her on the poster.

I love the little moments like when Kageyama let out a yawn.
They're adorable and add so much character. It's something I don't see many places else.

And lastly, I once criticized Hinata for having this undying resolve and passion and drive for volleyball. He's an absolute volleyball junkie and you can see it in his patented Hinata stare. But, this episode made me realize that's a stupid criticism. The point of Hinata is that he is very straightforward and simple and his attitude is one of saying what he thinks and doing what he wants to do. And, when someone with his attitude catches a whiff of what they love and finds out the absolute satisfaction of spiking the ball there's no question that he would pursue it with his all. He's honestly pretty hedonistic to the point that I refer to him as a junkie. The pleasure he gets out of winning and playing volleyball, of staying on the court as long as he can, it's all he wants in life and it's what drives him. It only makes sense that he would pursue it with the resolve and passion he does. That attitude and passion of his are what makes him so impactful on Yachi I think. He is able to be a townsperson b, he is able to be so short that she suspects he isn't a player, but no matter if he's the little guy in the play or the little guy in the game it doesn't matter. He's showing her you're allowed to chase after what you love for the single reason that you love it and he pushes her to take action for herself. She can relate with him, or so I think, and it's that relation that makes him so inspiring to her!!!
Sep 26, 2018 3:05 AM

Mar 2017
the poster touched my soul!!!!
"Return of the Little Giant" ♥

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 29, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
Yachi is so cuteee

And Hinata is so good at making people enthusiastic lol
Nov 24, 2019 5:12 PM
Apr 2018
Do they really need a manager? I probably missed something but I'm not sure Kiyoko is that essential.

Still, I liked this episode and like Hitoka.
Jan 5, 2020 9:57 AM

Dec 2014
Well nice they finally have the manger...and caught up to the OVA
Feb 3, 2020 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Yachi is going to be a great manager. That poster for donations is actually pretty clever.
Jun 12, 2020 3:30 AM

May 2018
Hitoka finally built up her courage! Top waifu
Aug 18, 2020 4:09 AM

Jun 2020
i really love the storytelling thru yachi's character 11000000/10 everything is just PERFECT I LOVE HAIKYUU yet another great episode i really loved the development

yachi's character is literally what i want to be in the haikyuu universe LOL just let me be there watching over them in awe & admiration always

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 30, 2020 9:09 AM

Sep 2019
I really wanna like this season but somehow hat yatchi bitch making it harder for me. I don't wanna see her a side side & side character getting tangled Whit har family drama how would it make shit entertaining?

I wanna see the guys playing volleyball that sexual tension when the play that's what I need not that lesbian yatchi lol

Edit:
Also if I were in her mom's place I would've acted like I don't know her. Fuck that cringes me out.
AvichiiAug 30, 2020 9:17 AM
Sep 23, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2019
"You played Villager B? Haha"

"Oh yeah? Well who did you play?"

"Uh... The freaking moon"

XD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Oct 1, 2020 10:39 PM

May 2019
The poster she made...I'm crying...
Dec 11, 2020 9:51 AM

Aug 2020
Even some of the OST of this anime sounds like something from BNHA lololol
Dec 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Aug 2017
At least Hisoka's mom is not a douchebag, nice. These two episodes dedicated to a side character were pretty good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 13, 2021 12:54 PM

Mar 2019
Damn, I actually thought I'd hate her but uh, I like her as well. Now, for the exam resultssss.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 16, 2021 12:26 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wtf, this almost made me cry. Maybe I’m a simpleton but whatever this show is doing, it’s working.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 9, 2021 1:45 AM

Dec 2010
Honestly, that poster is the coolest thing I have seen in a many years. I don't think that this season will be going anywhere below 9/10 for me no matter what comes after.
Feb 5, 2022 7:45 PM

Mar 2021
Huh, of course Kageyama doesn't know what "kindness" means :P

I totally see where the Hinata and Yachi shipping comes from. Hinata is such a good friend :D

Easily the best episode of the season so far, man.

Feb 9, 2022 2:53 PM

Dec 2007
what a fine episode this was, made me smile all the way :D

chiya is great addition to this anime, her character development was one of the best here.
Feb 25, 2022 9:47 PM

Dec 2020
Yachi joined the team! The poster she made was really good. "Return of the Little Giant." :)
I liked her interactions with Hinata. That and Shimizu's advice helped her to overcome her insecurities. At least by some margin. I wanted to say a few more things but this post by @gfsdfgsdgsdfgs perfectly sums up most of my thoughts. Thanks for making this post!

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Haikyuu has been consistently good with character development and this is just another example of the same.

And the test results! Perfect place to end the episode :P
troilus_05sFeb 25, 2022 9:52 PM
Jan 23, 2023 1:13 PM
Jan 2023
My first anime and i love it!
May 7, 2023 2:48 PM
Aug 2022
Tanaka and libero could be the most hugable perverts.
Oct 4, 2023 2:24 AM

Jan 2021
The new managers mom is hot ngl
Mar 14, 1:18 AM
Feb 2024
DONT MIND DONT MIND! AHHH idk mane its getting tough
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

252 by egeD19 »»
Apr 4, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

130 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Apr 3, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

111 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Mar 16, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.