Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2015 5:01 AM

Jan 2011
gajeel win and now its laxus time to shine
Oct 18, 2015 10:34 PM

May 2010
That's why I don't like this part. Why not use air magic to provide air to begin with, but nah, fanservice kiss comes first. It was OOC of Levy, and felt unnecessary. Its like Mashima wanted to drawn an epic kiss (which was nowhere near that epic) Oh well, at least the fight was good.

Laxus, huh... I wonder if Gray would still butt in this fight at the end.
Oct 19, 2015 2:19 AM

Apr 2008
TragicRomance said:
That's why I don't like this part. Why not use air magic to provide air to begin with, but nah, fanservice kiss comes first. It was OOC of Levy, and felt unnecessary. Its like Mashima wanted to drawn an epic kiss (which was nowhere near that epic) Oh well, at least the fight was good.

Laxus, huh... I wonder if Gray would still butt in this fight at the end.

Hopefully not
Oct 19, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2014
Wtf was this. Gajeel's part was just pathetic, they handled it so fucking bad in the anime -,-
I'm really disappointed, after all the feels were real in the manga. Jesus christ.
At least Laxus appeared and made up for it. I suppose he's just gonna defeat Tempesta and go casual knockout like fairy fucking usual.
Some pros though, elsewhere this episode gave that classic FT feel when Laxus showed up beating ghe shit out of Tempesta for half a minute.
Oh and that Gajeel flashback, he looked so fucking sick back then :o
The clothing plus the long hair.
Shitty episode though, 2/5.
Oct 20, 2015 10:05 PM

Nov 2014
Aww that's so cute. Gajeel made Levy feel embarrassed xD

Huh? Laxus? I'm super happy to see him because he's awesome, but
Anyways, it's great to see Laxus though :D
Oct 20, 2015 10:19 PM

Nov 2014
JayDrink said:
Wait so.. does the second half of this episode count as filler? I don't follow the manga, I only read whatever chapters the latest episode covers just to see the differences, and I have to say I really enjoyed seeing Laxus in action. But after reading the manga and seeing
I can't help but be slightly disappointed that I don't get to experience such a scene.

Do you guys think there's still a chance that

I hope so!! It was so cool to see
so if that happened it would be epic. However,
but we shall see =D
Oct 21, 2015 1:08 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Felt like Gajeel's flashback should have been played earlier. Didn't really give a darn.

Meh episode.
Oct 22, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
damn Laxus!!
Oct 23, 2015 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
That was great, much better than last time for me. I don't know how to feel regarding Gajeel and his new ability of talking underwater though.
Oct 23, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
SovereignSky said:
Laxus is probably using his electricity through his body to make himself move despite everything.....in fact this is not the first time I've seen this (like in another anime, guy used electricity to make dead bodies move). Using it this way actually has logic and it's not nakama power (completely anyway)....

So your saying that Laxus is using his Lighting Magic to move his body...after inhaling a city's worth of anti-magic particles? That sounds like the opposite of logic.
Oct 23, 2015 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
I thought that was grand!
Hey Gajeel finally lived up to his "Black Steel Gajeel" Nickname eh?
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Oct 24, 2015 5:51 AM

Jul 2015
Jesus christ, this is taking too long. Fairy Tail used to be good, no... Meh... I'm still waiting for that one episode...
Oct 24, 2015 1:14 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good episode. I like how it featured both changed badass in the series, Gajeel and Laxus.
Oct 26, 2015 8:21 PM

Dec 2012
Torafusa: "Impossible. This ordinary iron broke through my defense. No Wait...this isn't iron."

Me: You're right. It's plot steel.

As for the 2nd half of the episode, no wonder the episode is called "Steel," which is the 1st half of the episode. A-1, what are you doing? Find out next time of Fairy Tail Z.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 27, 2015 10:15 AM

May 2015
STEEL!!!
Oct 27, 2015 7:00 PM
Jan 2012
five because of gajeel. But the rest is predictable.
Nov 3, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Laxusssssss!!!!!! There are a lot of flashbacks this episode, but a Laxus fight is always worth it :)
Nov 8, 2015 7:29 AM

Jan 2012
Good job Gajeel anyway looking forward to Laxus fight.

Nov 9, 2015 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
Is Lucy's hairstyle different or is it just my idea?
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 18, 2015 8:33 AM

Oct 2009
G_Spark233 said:
metsujin said:

I know but I'm grateful he didn't because what happened in the manga made more sense.

Agreed. Laxus is running on nakama power right now.

I'm just going to make a point how Laxus seemed to recover enough to fight Tempesta. If we look back to previous fights. We can see that the Gajeel has the second best defensive stats behind Laxus. Remember back to Grimoire Heart. Laxus comes in to fight Hades. And right before getting hit by Hades final attack against him, he gave all of his magic power to Natsu. Hiro Mashima pretty much made Laxus' body pretty damn sturdy and near invincible. He takes on a very powerful magic attack with just his body as defense. Even I have to question whether Laxus is human or not, just as Tempesta has.

As for Gray, well Hiro basically wrote the reunion between father and son imo, for the main reason being, was to give Gray a power-up, as without it, it'd be near impossible for Gray to be relevant in future battles without it. He was the weakest out of the main male powerhouses in FT, (Laxus, Gildartz, Natsu, Gajeel, Gray)
And it was I guess an alright way for him to get a power-up.
Gray's not my favourite character but nor do I hate him.

If we look at how Hiro portrays his characters. He basically made Erza, the female character who can never lose. She was one of my favourite characters, but I wished he'd let her lose once in a while, like that time when fighting against Kagura and Minerva. Erza is probably still equal in strength to Mirajane. Though she was made just to be the most dominant female character in FT. I don't mind it too much, though again i'd like to see her be a bit more human in fights, and not just win by a nakama power-up. If ever Hiro lets her lose a battle, i'd be surprised and pleased.

Gajeel seems to be on the path of redemption and finding out how he should live his life, a classic character. Well he has Levy now.

As for Natsu, we come to learn more about his past and see his development as a character. Though he keeps his simple-mindedness and his straightforward character.

Gildartz is basically just a mysterious wanderer.

Gray is Natsu's rival, so he has to be somewhere on the same level as Natsu, as the story progress. The two go hand in hand. Juvia is in his secondary quest.

Laxus is just a beast, who's virtually indestructible throughout the story. He lost to Natsu and Gajeel that one time but came out less injured than either of them. He survives Hades attack with no magic. Hiro basically wrote Laxus character so that he'd be able to fight while having a major disadvantage. He is one of the strongest characters in FT.

Though I guess Laxus is still standing due to both his body's indestructible aspect, and also for the mental aspect, he is fighting with his friends' lives on the line.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Dec 31, 2015 6:05 PM

Apr 2009
The little bit of insight into Gajeel's attraction to Fairy Tail was great and I liked his use of carbon. Laxus is a reliable bad ass as usual. The action felt more fluid and interesting this time around. Very good episode!

Disappointed Laxus didn't make a comment about Natsu's fire when he was saying the flames didn't bother him. Would've been very cool.
May 6, 2016 6:55 AM

Feb 2016
actually kind of enjoyable this episode :o probably because when gajeel or laxus are involved the whole actions get a slight more mature and authentic tone. also that story with gajeel and the old woman had a deep influence on gajeel's character which was a nice thing to see.
Sep 19, 2016 3:03 PM

Jan 2016
Awww cute Levy :3
Guess it was a alright underwater fight, Gajeels past and will turned him in to steel o.o now that was awesome, but took mostly all this strength that was left, leaving all but immortal Tempester left, but Laxus comes to aid once again !

Gotta love Laxus fighting still with all that anti-mage poison in this organs... ._. but this thrilling scene ooo my satan i love it! fuck this i go for a sleepless night once again!
But seriously dont hurt a FT comrade cause you will get 10.000 more pain back!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 25, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2012
Damn that was impressive, totally didn't expect Laxus to come up even if he's fighting with all those anti magic particles in his body!

Pretty intense, let's see what's next!!!
Oct 20, 2017 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
Levy blushing when Gajeel asks her for more air was priceless!!!
Feb 28, 2018 12:03 PM
Dec 2017
Laxus back in action... yeaaaah
Apr 21, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2018
I really like Gajeel and Laxus' character development in this episode. Like, they used to be bad guys but now they care so much for their guild, family rather. Oh yes, Laxus is back in action! Go and kick some ass! Show them that they made the wrong choice to mess with Fairy Tail!
Nov 14, 2018 6:14 AM

Jan 2016
Once again, Gajeel x Levy...

And it's always great to see Laxus in battle.
Jan 10, 2019 9:36 PM
Jul 2016
Gajeel’s part of the story was decent. Although the story and idea of the flashback portions of Gajeel were good, they were not edited well. That part was definitely clunky.
Mar 5, 2019 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
powerful Gajeel flashback, especially as he sat on the rooftop mourning his failure to protect that council member. that was an "oh shit :(" moment from me, fam.

The fights have been better than average so far, especially with each ending with a clever strategic move on the participating Fairy Tail member's end, but... I'm not a fan of Laxus' sudden entry. Fighting through the overwhelming bane-disease sounds impossible and this is nakama bullshit at its finest. Normally I can look past it because there's a degree of believability to it in terms of adrenaline and determination, but this shit with Laxus is a bit much. It was animated well, at least.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 28, 2020 1:55 PM

May 2018
Laxus is an absolute beast wow!
Jul 16, 2022 2:38 AM

May 2020
Gajeel came a long way from what we've seen of him at the starting of this series, and yes became a bit likeable too.

Laxus being the usual badass he is, but hey come on nakama power helping in recovery from poison, lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.