Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Kurumi still quite relevant in this season.

So we get sports competition this episode. Is it just me or are those bloomers even smaller for the girls than most series? I think the studio poured the budget into their boobs as well L

Lewd

Poor Kurumi D:
Oct 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Gotta love bloomers.
Oct 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Nov 2008
Wow that was quick, going to be finishing the 3rd novel next week well it doesn't surprise me that much since a good portion of it was in the OVA.
Oct 16, 2015 11:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The fanservice in this series is too funny lol and I died of laughter at how all the boys in the class were jealous of Basara and wanted him to die xDDDD

But holy crap things escalated so quickly in the second hald O_O We have Gods now and I must say that I thought that this teacher guy was going to be a demon so I was surprised there lol

Hot Sensei tho....Those feats are pretty cool =o I wonder if she's also a god or if she's a special human or something. Either way I'm hyped for the next episode because I know she'll do something crazy

That gore at the end tho......That had to hurt
TokoyaOct 16, 2015 11:57 AM
Oct 16, 2015 11:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck, Basara's arm got cut off! That was crazy!

So Hasegawa isn't evil then, but this guy is. What is up with Jin?
Oct 16, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
Another good outing, though there was never any doubt who the true enemy was. Still, it was nice that Basara realized it on his own. Hasegawa will likely come to his aid. That balloon scene was great. Love how that was censored, but Basara getting his arm cut off wasn't. :D
Oct 16, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
Basaras fapping arm was cut off. I feel sorry for you bruh :/
Oct 16, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
Dat friggin Maria fantasy!!! GODDAMMIT!! So friggin HAWT :L
Can't wait to see that one uncensored...

It's really hilarious how different the budget given for fanservice and for action is XD I don't mind HQ ecchi scenes :3

Does this take place before the OVA or after? I mean after the H scene with Hasegawa or not? Basara doesn't seem as close to her as he seemed in that OVA

Holy shit his arm tho :O Quite a lot of gore. Props for not censoring that.
Oct 16, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
I really loved the part where Maria fantasized about the water balloons where Yuki and Mio are doing with them with Basara.
Oct 16, 2015 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
Oh nooo Basara arm spread Ketchup !!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 2012
I love how this series can become serious quite often.
Feb 2015
Love how perverted Maria is :3 but that cliffhanger at the end there was insane. I wonder if he is gonna make a pact or something to get his arm back or a suit like that god had.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 16, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
This : Chisato Hasegawa is the school nurse of Hijirigasaka Academy and

So yeah she came from

Mod Note: Spoiler Tags added. Do not reveal plot details or information from later chapters/volumes of the LN.
rodacOct 17, 2015 12:39 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 16, 2015 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
Blackbird said:
This :

So yeah
, but who she really is tag as spoiler.

I don't see a spoiler tag mate you should fix that. I spoiler tagged it in the quote but your post has none.

Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 16, 2015 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
Oh wow. Thought the 4th volume was only going to be 2 episodes. So we finally get to see "that" next week.

Blackbird said:
She is an Angel from God's Realm and acts as Basara's mentor.

So yeah she came from God's Realm too, but who she really is tag as spoiler.
Ehh, you're close enough.
Oct 16, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2015
[quote=Riotstarter]
Blackbird said:

This should be interesting...
Oct 16, 2015 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
The moment when Basara's classmates say "Die", "I'm so jealous" is so damn funny. And I think I have a weird crush on Hasegawa sensei.
Oct 16, 2015 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode, I really dislike tachibana, hawegawa-sensei is really powerful and I was not expecting basara to (possibly) lose an arm there
Oct 16, 2015 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
I think I prefer maria's version of the sports festival more :3

And damn, that sure escalated quickly...losing an arm like that
Oct 16, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I really loved the part where Maria fantasized about the water balloons where Yuki and Mio are doing with them with Basara.
Oct 16, 2015 1:53 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was.....quite the daydream from Maria. I wasn't expecting Basara's arm to get cut off like that though, that was brutal.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2008
I don't remember the first season being that bad. It worked as a very guilty pleasure but this is just painfully stupid and disgusting. Maybe I'm just repressing some memories related to S1 but this is just garbage. Fanservice is off-putting, characters bland and annoying and plot so dumb it makes your braincells commit suicide.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 16, 2015 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Angels/Gods look pretty cool in this series.
Oct 16, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
OMG I can't believe it that Takegawa-sensei was from God's guilty. He also cut out Basara's right arm.... :o
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 16, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2014
So boobs are a no no but chopping of an arm is fine?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 16, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode so far! I'm glad Kurumi is taking a more active role than last season. Of course Maria would day dream lewd stuff between Basara, Mio, and Yuki during chores. And that little Kurumi ecchi moment on her computer? Pretty sure that was teaser until the uncensored version comes out this Christmas. And one of my favorite moments in this episode was that Basara was able to figure out that his homeroom teacher was the mastermind behind the events in Episode 1 and 2. I'm so glad that Basara is not one of those dense or stupid main characters because I hate dumb characters; Basara is very smart and he knows how to connect the dots and put the pieces together to solve his case.
Oct 16, 2015 4:03 PM

May 2015
Holy shit, that last moment. I did not expect that, at all. That was a decent episode. That Maria fantasizing though, lewd :L.

Oct 16, 2015 4:17 PM

Mar 2015
Maria just proven once again that she is my favorite girl lol. Fantasizing in between scenes lol, but she's becoming more of a side character that just have to be in the story for "plot".

Also Kurumi is clearly my 2nd favorite now, I hope she got more better character development in this season.

That ending though, didn't know Basara is so smart, but he still lose an arm for it. Maybe some deus ex machina saving to return the arm next episode.

Oct 16, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
There's always that preconception that gods in heaven are supposedly inherently good, and demons evil, but both in fiction and texts IRL sometimes show it's completely opposite. Then again, if demons are former heaven dwelling beings like gods and angels or whatnot, doesn't that mean they're no different than humans, where there is always bad seeds from the bunch? Well, going by that teacher's (incomprehensible) actions of taking over the school and attacking heroes for some reason...he's one of those said bad seeds that would probably be later banished from heaven like demons were.

This episode overall kind of bored me...at least there's the BD's to look forward to.
Oct 16, 2015 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
R.I.P. my fapping buddy....
RPSB9Oct 16, 2015 6:02 PM
#CHEXIT
Oct 16, 2015 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
Why is he so weak? Guess against a God, you can't really do much unless you are super strong.
This is why I have so much hate for God and human haha.
Basara's lost his arm/weapon...well he is nothing without those power so GG.
I think I can tolerance the censorship because the action is good....somehow the art suck?
Oct 16, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, the action this season is not falling short, the plot is also very good, despite the scenes of imagination from Maria in this episode being too forced, Kurumi having more prominence too, I like her even with a flamboyant personality, I'm looking forward to see the development of this struggle ..
Oct 16, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like all the budget went into Mio's boobs everything else after that looked like shit.

that Maria fantasy went on far to long i was like the hell is going on everyone is watching is this really happening right now lol..?
Oct 16, 2015 8:47 PM

Jun 2014
pretty good so far , serious business starts quickly , jeez that guy sure is OP he made basara his bitch , he cut basara's arm like butter
Oct 16, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
The fanservice in this episode was crazy. Maria's imagination about the sports festival was so lewd yet so hot lmao. Basara's arm got cut off and Maria was used as a hostage. Damn didn't expect that cliffhanger type ending.
Oct 16, 2015 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
terminador_2397 said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Lmao Maria.

Did not expect that ending though.
Very curious as to what'll happen next to Basara.
Oct 16, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
lindsayzzz said:
The fanservice in this episode was crazy. Maria's imagination about the sports festival was so lewd yet so hot lmao. Basara's arm got cut off and Maria was used as a hostage. Damn didn't expect that cliffhanger type ending.

That was Kurumi not Maria.
Oct 16, 2015 10:41 PM

Oct 2011
NOOO NOT HIS BAD@SS ARM T__T
Oct 16, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2009
BAHAHA!! that troll!

this anime is such a tease XD
terrible, but great.

then it got serious...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 16, 2015 10:52 PM

Aug 2013
Called it as soon as I saw the teacher. Knew that piece of shit Sakasaki was a bad guy.

Maria fucking trolled everyone with that fantasy.

They went hard core with the arm slice and the gore there. Nice.

Everyone is glad that Kurumi is staying relevant. Well she'll stay that way so you're welcome.

Judging from next episode's title I'm gonna guess it revolves around Chisato.
Since they made her out to be the fake bad guy it'll probably show the truth behind her and what she does after Basara loses that arm.
Oct 16, 2015 10:53 PM

Apr 2011
For a moment I thought Basara fell prey to illusion magic, but I guess we all fell for Maria's delusions LOL.

An angel/god makes an appearance with Kurumi hostage. TIME TO ADD HER TO HAREM BOYS
Oct 17, 2015 1:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
"God" he said? More like puny god

Taking a hostage and playing dirty after making that speech about how great he is just to fight an exiled hero? What a waste of cool-looking antagonist.

That enemy god should be tougher than that.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 17, 2015 1:04 AM

Aug 2014
That fantasy though, it made me laugh

Anyways, Basara is an idiot.. Who in the right mind surrenders to a villain that looks like they want to kill you?

"I am Basara, and I surrender my body and Soul" *Chops arm off* "My Arm, how come it has come to this?"
Oct 17, 2015 1:12 AM

Sep 2014
Do these girls ever have periods ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And the final scene was..Frames.
Oct 17, 2015 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
4kicks said:
There's always that preconception that gods in heaven are supposedly inherently good, and demons evil, but both in fiction and texts IRL sometimes show it's completely opposite.

A little more complicated than that, and you have to realize that there are many different perspectives about the gods than those of people raised in monotheistic Abrahamic cultures. Gods generally are not moral, but rather amoral (or perhaps above morality), so associating moral concepts of good and evil is often the wrong way to think about them. The testament universe seems to be organized around a spatial division between the realm of the gods, the realm of humans, and the realm of demons, with occasional pocket dimensions (such as the one created by Zolgear in the first season). What this episode tells us is that civil war between the gods resulted in the losing side being driven out into the demon realm with the human realm acting as a buffer-state. Since the heroes seem to be in charge of keeping the demons from creating a base in the human realm, it looks like the war isn't over yet. We've got one god here who seems to be intent on using humans pretty much the same way a lot of demons do (which isn't surprising if a demon is just an exiled god), we've also got demons (like Mio) who are actually going out to protect humans. It looks like you can't make blanket moral statements about who the good guys are (if in fact there are any). Basara and his father seem to represent an independent factor in what's going on, and we still don't know just who Hasegawa is and what her interests are--so this is actually a pretty interesting plot and a little more nuanced than the usual gods vs. demons schtick.

A good episode, but of course I'm going to have to rewatch it when the BD comes out.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 17, 2015 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
Wow that balloon scene...damn good lol but another amazing episodes with finding out Tachibana is a vampire, Hasegawa sensei is not the enemy but Sakazaki sensei really was and not only that but is a god...and then Basara loses an arm...holy crap really intense episode.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mqRrkfDUk
Oct 17, 2015 1:40 AM

Nov 2014
Sigh, I guess I am the only one who hates this episode. I mean, I don't mind ecchi scenes infact I love them, but I always hate scenes like that Balloon scene. Where girls gets strip infront of everyone, this is something beyond my tolerance level. Why MC doesn't mind it? when his harem is getting naked in public and people are taking screenshots of it.

*Edit:- Thankgod, it was just that sccubus;s ero dream :")
RarestProGamerOct 17, 2015 1:44 AM
Oct 17, 2015 2:09 AM

May 2013
Damn, Maria's balloon fantasy caught me off guard.
Seems like Tachibana and Hasegawa-sensei aren't bad guys. Awesome how Basara noticed Sakisaki was the villain.
Gods are finally brought into the story after their first mention in the first few episodes of Season 1.
Oh no, Basara's right arm! (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 17, 2015 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
Well damn, was just sitting here and snacking while watching the episode and suddenly Basara's arm gets severed at the end.
Oct 17, 2015 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
I watched Episode 2 last night.
Maria shes so strange but i love it. Shes my favourite :D
Mio and Yuki this season dont seem to have much personality seriously in my opinion.
Its like there only purpose in life is to get horny with Basara, i hope they get more personality as the season continues.
Anyway Maria is great
and we had some cool fight scenes with the guy with glasses on.
Cant wait for next weeks episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

81 by Lmonman »»
Jul 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

138 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

68 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 7, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

65 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 7, 2023 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

70 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.