Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 17, 2015 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode. Sneaking in the enemy base, planting C4 and sabotaging the Metal Gear, I mean object was badass. Solid Snake would be proud. Cute ganbatte and dress of the princess. And Frolaytia was hot. In the end they were sent to the next battlefield. Talk about bad luck. As they said, battlefield you asshole.

Edit: Self-proclaimed elitists nitpicking on this show, are ridiculous.
TheBigGuyOct 17, 2015 4:27 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 17, 2015 4:22 PM
Mar 2014
TripleSRank said:
I suspect that all Object's will have redundancies with their Object-integrity sensors after this incident.

Finding the maintenance manual so easily felt a little convenient, and the other soldiers not reacting when Qwenthur attacked the captain felt similar, but otherwise I thought the developments in this episode were both logically sound and fun to watch.

Edit:
omfgplzstop said:

what?

Milinda was trying to distract the soldiers so Qwenthur and Havia had enough time to sabotage the Object's maintenance parts. That was a legit development.

I didn't even understand what he was saying.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 17, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2015
impossible how they still alive when dat object explode

well this is anime world
Oct 17, 2015 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
So the engineer comes and saves the day. Brains over brawn any day. Love that Qwenther's logic made the enemy Object implode, though I was expecting that we'd get to at least see the pilot for that bug.

The end was expected, though it was funny nonetheless. They got trolled soo hard there.

Next battlefield is apparently on water.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 17, 2015 9:50 PM
Nov 2013
5/5 stars for this episode so far this anime has been awesome the dynamic between the rank and file idiots ;D im in this for the long haul can't wait to see more XD
Oct 17, 2015 10:00 PM

May 2015
So what's the point of building these mecha things up as super super OP if a couple normal guys with some C4 and an IQ above 75 can blow one to bits? Their creator really needs to think about making them sabotage-proof...
Oct 18, 2015 2:48 AM

Aug 2014
Well, this is the end of the anime.. Only three episodes, disregard the teaser... We hope you enjoy the three best episodes of your life featuring Loli Princess, a boy who dreams of becoming an perverted scientist, a prince who lost his status and took several tries to shoot a deer, and the busty commander who doesn't exist in real life Military..

Above average episode, a lot of explaining.. Milinea doing stupid sh*t like getting herself captured, and the duo being badasses until they go back to the line of duty
Oct 18, 2015 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, awesome episode. Totally loving it!
Oct 18, 2015 3:33 AM
Aug 2012
ElectricRed said:
Above average episode, a lot of explaining.. Milinea doing stupid sh*t like getting herself captured, and the duo being badasses until they go back to the line of duty

Being a decoy to give the duo more time for their sabotage is not doing stupid sh*t...........

Oct 18, 2015 4:00 AM

Sep 2010
After the first episode I though that it was soon to be drop but those two last episodes were quite good.

Still, because of Object military really started slacking off if they allow their most important equipment to be left in garage with no one looking after it.
Oct 18, 2015 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
This show is so bad why am I still watching it XD

Did nobody ever thought about sabotage? Really?

Frolatyia is the reason to continue watchung this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 18, 2015 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
In the end it turns out that everything I've seen so far was only a preamble, however, the fact remains that even this time I was excited watching this episode. Narration weak in some places, too many fortuitous coincidences, characters too anonymous, drawings and animations on the edge of sufficiency, still disappointed.
Oct 18, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2014
That water at the end caught my eye, pretty.
Oct 18, 2015 3:28 PM

Nov 2013
lmao dat ending. I though this anime was over for a second. Then "we've been had".
The plot armor was strong in this one.
Oct 18, 2015 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Ventris said:
This show has plotholes so large, I could fly the fucking Death Star through them.
Index guy should just go back to writing Index.

At least the Death Star is a better thoughtout super weapon than fucking balls.
And I agree, he is "better" at writing bad battle academy harem stuff than writing war stories.

Fuck Star Wars.
Oct 18, 2015 9:36 PM

May 2015
After the Object explosion, how was it that most of the them were still alive? A explosion of the magnitude should have killed everyone in sight. Also, I didn’t like how the MC quickly figure how to "disable" the enemy Object by just reading a perfectly placed manual in the enemy hangar. That, and the fact he found the Object part and did the arrangements for it to malfunction rather quickly.

I hope the upcoming “water” arc is better.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 18, 2015 11:32 PM

Jun 2014
Some really nice action this episode! Of course the boys weren't going to leave Milinda to the enemy.

Frolaytia showing up tanks and guns was really cool and showed the powers that be that Heavy Objects aren't the only way to get out of a situation.

Everyone looked really nice all dressed up, but they weren't expecting to be sent out into the battlefield so soon.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 19, 2015 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
Note to self: Only watch this when heavily inebriated. Any thinking and it all falls apart.
Oct 19, 2015 6:18 AM

Jul 2013
I finally got around to watching Episodes 2-3. I have to say, while the adaptation is a bit poor in some places, it was still much better than Episode 1. All in all, a great watch. I guess people are finally warming up to it like I expected after the main schtick was revealed and the mission was completed.

Just some notes about things I observed that other people were talking about:

• Fanservice - The only fanservice or perverted moment in these first 3 episodes that came from the novel itself was the belt strap scene that dragged on a bit too much. Everything else was added by the animators. That (short) part in Episode 2 was completely unnecessary.
  • About the shooting scene in Episode 2 - While the enemy soldiers were being jerks to Milinda, the novel didn't have them threatening to rape her (implied or otherwise). So it was a bit strange have them turned into potential rapists before they were killed by Quenthur and his aimbotting. Not the best change IMO. The original version was Qwenthur getting mentally adjusted to the war mentality without feeling guilty too guilty about it. The anime: "Potential rapists are demons that need to be killed". Just unnecessary.
  • About Milinda being captured - Both times she acted as the decoy. The reason for the first time was pretty clear but the second time was specifically to buy time for Qwenthur and Havia to finish their sabotage operation.
  • About the genericity of the opposing force - This time around the opposing force wasn't noteworthy in any way. In the novel, basically no information was given about them. They were just treated as the 'opposing force'. The anime has given some background to them: specifically them belonging to the Faith Organization. At the very least we have been given some idea as to what sort of themes are at play with that force. Ultimately there's no excuse for their genericity other than this being the first mission of the series just establishing the core concept. It'll get better later on.

And now to talk about supposed plotholes in the story that may or may not actually be plotholes:

And if you don't buy any of those, then enjoy the series for what it is despite those plotholes.
OHandSOct 19, 2015 6:31 AM
Oct 19, 2015 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
If Heavy Obejct to be compared with Metal Gear Solid ,The First Object they destroyed would MGS1 because of they're fighting at Snow Base in Alaska.
And the Next one will be literally giant mid-ocean fortress

PS.I predict that The next battle gonna be shorter than first one by look at how JC Staff handled a filler chapter.
Oct 19, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
Dat Havia and Frolaytia ship is sailing faaaaaast!

Also, this show is a contender for BotS (bromance of the season).

Ventris said:
Or the fact that a supposedly highly advanced warmachine has no redundancies whatsoever for an obviously important system, no redundancies on its internal sensors and no failsafe to shut down in an emergency. My fucking car is better designed.

Hahaha,.. so true. Stll liking this show though, good dumb entertainment value.

Stark700 said:
Pacing of this show feels good.

It does indeed, but it is off the charts fast, especially considering this is expected to run for 24 episodes for just the first season.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 19, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2009
Mm, didn't like that episode as much. Felt like a lot just happened, and their "plan" was ... well, really shaky :P Of course they somehow manage to pull it off and Frolaytia came just in the nick of time (best chara so far obviously!), and ... yeah, just that entire first part was not as great as it could've been >_<
I guess the funny part was after they got congratulated they both thought they could leave ... but nope. Back to the army it is! A couple of good words about having forgotten what war is truly like since they just fight using Objects now, but well ... yeah, I just hope the next arc is better >_<
Oct 20, 2015 1:55 AM

Nov 2014
it's like watching a lame action movie but i'll still watch this

is this what they intend to show rather than index 3?

3/5
Oct 20, 2015 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
Some people really need to give this a chance instead of being salty that they are adapting it before they maybe will Index 3.
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 20, 2015 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Leaving the part of how destroying one leg can disrupt the Object's whole striding system, they only adapted the direct action scenes properly. Feels rushed, but not necessarily bad. There were a lot of strategic thinking about how to destroy that thing, so it isn't convenient, or out of luck/for the sake of story to progress.

I didn't liked how they gave generic devotee background to the Faith Organization officers. Telling nothing was a better approach than creating a half assed nation. Taking the necessary info, and adding in the unnecessary.
Oct 20, 2015 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
Seriously?! no one thought to infiltrate the places and take down the object before this? WTF?! XD
I love the sounds of explosions and guns :)
lol that fake promotion an medals :)

I think i'm in love <3
That Princess is so cute and MOE <3

Oct 20, 2015 5:13 PM
Nov 2012
After the first episode I sort of dropped the series but after watching the second episode when I had literally no other anime to watch, I enjoyed it so much and couldn't wait to watch the third episode. The show is now a 7 for me and can go up more depending on how things go. I like the pacing and most of all I like the idea of them using their brain to fight big machines that people think are impossible to fight. So It doesn't just turn in a gundam like show. ( not a fan of the Gundam genre)
Oct 21, 2015 12:56 AM

May 2012
Yeah, i'll treat the Water Strider as the last boss and since he was defeated the anime is over.

The anime is not what i was expecting and i don't like the characters and the premise all that much so i'm going to just drop it.
KaeUBWOct 21, 2015 1:00 AM
I despise woke people.
Oct 21, 2015 12:14 PM

Jun 2008
Devil_Slayer said:
katsu044 said:

"Remember Snake this is a sneaking mission" despite the princess getting caught again

She let herself begin catch so the two idiot can escape because she think they only care about the elite soldiers soldiers that ride the object

Mario approves of this shit too
Oct 21, 2015 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
No one ever thought of taking down an Object in that manner...
Oct 22, 2015 5:02 AM

Dec 2012
A very good episode. They destructed the water spider but they didn't have the wished reward xD
Oct 22, 2015 9:02 AM
Mar 2014
Comander-07 said:
This show is so bad why am I still watching it XD

Did nobody ever thought about sabotage? Really?

Frolatyia is the reason to continue watchung this.

MaxXZoe said:
it's like watching a lame action movie but i'll still watch this

is this what they intend to show rather than index 3?

3/5

THE EXCUSES

I'm quite disappointed to hear that this adaptation isn't perfect. Still enjoying this a lot, which is funny because the same thing happened to me with Index's. I'll probably read the LNs when this ends to compare the same way I did with Index too.
omfgplzstopOct 22, 2015 9:09 AM
Rinth said:

Oct 22, 2015 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
Qwenthur and Havia really thought being promoted would make them avoid battlefields...next thing you see they are now on water...NAVAL battlefields!
4/5.

Wow so long...

...what he's saying in short: "Every system has a flaw."
matias067Oct 22, 2015 6:22 PM

Oct 23, 2015 2:47 AM
Mar 2012
Though I had no trouble understanding the ep, nice details OHandS. Sometimes it gets too obvious it's a novel adaptation (extra long wall-of-subtitles explaining stuff), not quite fitting anime format, but they've 24 episodes so hope it smoothes out.
Quite liked them discussing different strategies, weaknesses, recounting their limited weapons assets, & fitting the plan to these specific assets.

Sound: it sounds like lots of work put into the layers of machinery sfx with huge range. But unfortunately the TV source is poorly clipped/compressed. Is there a better original source/raw?
They need to fix that awful fire, wrong scale & way too slow. But that self destruct explosion was really nice & punchy.
Oct 23, 2015 8:38 AM
Mar 2014
gophercg said:
Though I had no trouble understanding the ep, nice details OHandS. Sometimes it gets too obvious it's a novel adaptation (extra long wall-of-subtitles explaining stuff), not quite fitting anime format, but they've 24 episodes so hope it smoothes out.
Quite liked them discussing different strategies, weaknesses, recounting their limited weapons assets, & fitting the plan to these specific assets.

Sound: it sounds like lots of work put into the layers of machinery sfx with huge range. But unfortunately the TV source is poorly clipped/compressed. Is there a better original source/raw?
They need to fix that awful fire, wrong scale & way too slow. But that self destruct explosion was really nice & punchy.

OHandS posted that as a response to all the nonsensical complaints people had.

It really seems like a lot of users are trying to hate this show, and while it is somewhat funny, it gives it a bad reputation, which honestly irks me.

Even if you refuse to listen to any of the explanations provided in this thread and that could be deduced with your own logic if you tried hard enough, you can still enjoy this show for what it is. It's the same as people complaining over Shokugeki 'having no suspense'.
Rinth said:

Oct 23, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
matias067 said:
Wow so long...

...what he's saying in short: "Every system has a flaw."

Yeah, but it's hardly going to convince the elitists if you don't go into detail.
Oct 24, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
Bad adaptation by JC, but Kamachi action is still good, in the sea of shit, a watchable Kamachi show is like gold.

Everyone keep asking why doesn't everyone else infiltrate, well they do, vol 1 is like a tutorial in a video game, later on it shows the infiltration faction of multiple other organizations, so yes people does do it. Why does the MC pair blow up more? Cause the tops hate them and send them to any place that have the most enemy object and hope they whack a few out and die.

Why aren't they dead? Cause they are the shounen MC, you don't find people asking why luffy does whatever the shit he does and building a new MC every novel is a pain in ass which is why the simple monitoring only have two vols.

Ultimately this series came into being because Kamachi wants to see giant tanks explode and express his own anti-war mentality (which is sadly lost on JC's adaptation) while flipping a middle finger to Japanese government.

Enjoy the action the same way you would enjoy a transformer movie (less shitter one).
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Oct 26, 2015 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Wow the explosions were unreal in this episode.
Loved the way he used to destroy that Object, self-destruction mode activated xD
So basically they won the war with tanks & men :D Smart mowe Qwenthur...smart move.
They though they would go finally home and retire ahaha nope
It's cool that they are changing location of the missions but i prefer snow since i love snow xD But it's nice to see them fighting in the water, and how the battles will happen now.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2015 6:44 AM

Feb 2013
That was a really big explosion. Yet, those close to it were pretty much unharmed. Oh well, the action is still really good.
Nov 7, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
OHandS said:
I finally got around to watching Episodes 2-3. I have to say, while the adaptation is a bit poor in some places, it was still much better than Episode 1. All in all, a great watch. I guess people are finally warming up to it like I expected after the main schtick was revealed and the mission was completed.

Just some notes about things I observed that other people were talking about:

• Fanservice - The only fanservice or perverted moment in these first 3 episodes that came from the novel itself was the belt strap scene that dragged on a bit too much. Everything else was added by the animators. That (short) part in Episode 2 was completely unnecessary.
  • About the shooting scene in Episode 2 - While the enemy soldiers were being jerks to Milinda, the novel didn't have them threatening to rape her (implied or otherwise). So it was a bit strange have them turned into potential rapists before they were killed by Quenthur and his aimbotting. Not the best change IMO. The original version was Qwenthur getting mentally adjusted to the war mentality without feeling guilty too guilty about it. The anime: "Potential rapists are demons that need to be killed". Just unnecessary.
  • About Milinda being captured - Both times she acted as the decoy. The reason for the first time was pretty clear but the second time was specifically to buy time for Qwenthur and Havia to finish their sabotage operation.
  • About the genericity of the opposing force - This time around the opposing force wasn't noteworthy in any way. In the novel, basically no information was given about them. They were just treated as the 'opposing force'. The anime has given some background to them: specifically them belonging to the Faith Organization. At the very least we have been given some idea as to what sort of themes are at play with that force. Ultimately there's no excuse for their genericity other than this being the first mission of the series just establishing the core concept. It'll get better later on.

And now to talk about supposed plotholes in the story that may or may not actually be plotholes:

And if you don't buy any of those, then enjoy the series for what it is despite those plotholes.

Can this please be required reading?
Dec 2, 2015 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far in my opinion
The princess is so cute :)
Dec 16, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2015
Tricked and they are being deployed again hahaha :D
May 7, 2016 5:50 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay episode, let's see what's next!
Dec 3, 2016 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
I didnt liked the episode as a whole :/
It doesnt feel me up really good :/

Too much complicated words and hard to catch up with sub-title.

2/5
Dec 4, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2015
Concept seems really cool, but not liking the execution that much.

In this episode, I have no idea how they got to the enemy base on foot so quickly. Unless they borrowed a vehicle off-screen or the enemy base was built right next to theirs, they shouldn't have made it there as fast as they did.

Super convenient manual was super convenient.

How do the characters survive an explosion of that magnitude from up that close? Hell, they're not even wounded by it, lol.

Meh, the Objects are kind of the only thing that makes me want to continue watching this.
Jan 6, 2018 9:18 AM
Apr 2017
Aversa said:
They where talking about POW laws while they are violating international laws themselves.
According to international law a 14 year old soldier is a child soldier the use of child soldiers is a war crime.
Armies are not allowed to recruit soldier under the age of 15 on top of that the must do everything they can so that soldiers under the age of 18 take part in hostilities.
I wonder how anime is going to justify a war crime this time.

In any case it doesn't look like they got a better position for the things they did.

Dude at the starting of the series it was clearly mentioned that there is no UN Council at the present time in the series
Sep 7, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty decent episode, I dig the action scenes. Also the characters are far from annoying so far.
Jul 2, 2023 12:21 PM

Nov 2010
Are they just gonna strip Milinda naked and let her freeze to death? What a waste! At least increase the soldiers' morale by allowing them to gangr*pe her. If I'm that commander, I get the first dibs!

Frolaytia in that kimono is so hot! I want to strip her slowly, lick every inch of her body, then screw her hard!
The destruction and explosions are always so good to see.

With such serious flaws, how can these Objects be considered the ultimate weapons that changed the nature of warfare? It's super tough with very high firepower, but that's about it. This episode showed that it could be easily sabotaged thanks to its self-destruct system, which has no safeguard to check if it's just minor or critical damage. That's a major plothole that prevents me from giving this show a high rating.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.