Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2009 9:37 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Summary thanks to KaoruChujo.

AmphetamineDec 17, 2009 11:12 AM
Dec 17, 2009 11:53 AM

Oct 2008
Fleri said:
Mao and Oreille used to be lovers.

... my first reaction was "eww". XD

Suou is so stupid. :| IF YOU SEE SOMETHING COMING AT YOU THAT'S GOING TO INJURE/POSSIBLY KILL YOU, YOU DON'T JUST STAND THERE AND STARE AT IT.
arisudollDec 17, 2009 12:16 PM
Dec 17, 2009 1:40 PM

Oct 2009
Episode was ok but not epic enough. Nice information about Shion being able to do human copies, about Mao being a lover of Madame Oreille when he was human ,July can communicate with those twin dolls and Yin killing contractors. Nice shots of Suou but Shizume was somehow alive even after getting a direct hit to the head...don't understand that. Madame Oreille having some suit with a small version of that weapon that robs contractor powers was a laugh! The Apaches helicopters of the CIA were done good. Some new contractor that could form some light spear and shoot it got Suou's father and because of that he died (a little depressing there with the music). John Smith comes in the picture with CIA. What is Suou going to do after having found Shion...I wonder. Hei at the end might be in big trouble with Hazuki and that is because it looks here that it's about to slash Hei=> Madame Oreille in a weird suit? Lolzwut=>
Shizume supposed to be dead but is not....O_O what?
Nice Apache Ah-64 drawing......

Disappointing episode with not enough action
but
at least it was informative and revealing

scandal said:
Fleri said:
Mao and Oreille used to be lovers.

... my first reaction was "eww". XD
Why not with this set of breasts=>
scandal said:
Suou is so stupid. :| IF YOU SEE SOMETHING COMING AT YOU THAT'S GOING TO INJURE/POSSIBLY KILL YOU, YOU DON'T JUST STAND THERE AND STARE AT IT.
Yeah that was not smart but her blush at Hei with Hei cooking was cute! :3
francismeunierDec 17, 2009 4:50 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 18, 2009 2:04 PM

Sep 2007
So Suou's copy was created when the meteorite crashed huh. Looks like Yin is going to start ripping shit apart real soon. Lolz at Madam Orielle and Mao.

francismeunier said:
Nice shots of Suou but Shizume was somehow alive even after getting a direct hit to the head...don't understand that.

If you had watched the episode with subs instead of assuming things from raws, you'd know that Suou said that he wouldn't die from a shot like that before shooting since his rock armor took the majority of the bullet's impact.
Dec 18, 2009 2:16 PM

Nov 2009
And i cannot believe there's only one episode left.
I really need some dose of good and LONG fighting scenes.
The episode was ok, not that great as the last one. If Madame Orielle was dressed more... normal i would've given this episode 5 stars. She seemed ridiculous in this costume.
Dec 18, 2009 2:45 PM
Jun 2008
Amazing!
Congratulations to Suou for killing that weirdo \o/

Ahh! Just one more episode! T_T
Dec 18, 2009 2:48 PM

Sep 2007
Cebola92 said:
Amazing!
Congratulations to Suou for killing that weirdo o/

Ahh! Just one more episode! T_T

You must've missed the part where he was still alive.
Dec 18, 2009 3:29 PM

Sep 2007
I fear this will be in the same direction as the season 1 ending. Way too much plot to be done with in only one episode.
Dec 18, 2009 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
Bah, why does it always have to take an eternity to down this when I really want to watch it? ಠ_ಠ
Taking time ... ... ... ...
It's downed! ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Now it's time to watch ( ̄ー ̄)

Oh so Yin was somehow killing contractors by making their own abilities backfire on them? Coooool~ ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Bah I do not like Suou blushing when talking to Hei, stay away from him! ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Steamed buns Pelmeni~ ( ̄ー ̄)
........Wait wat? "When it becomes full, Izanami will reach her final month of pregnancy."... Did I miss something? ٩(๏_๏)۶
I'm reaaaaaally curious now as to what happened in between season 1 and 2 (๏.๏)
Anyway, as suspected, the Dr. Pavlichenko that Hei killed was indeed a copy. ◕ ◡ ◕
Also, as suspected, Shion was already a contractor 8 years ago. But a little surprise that Suou wasn't even there apparantly ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ But at least Yin was there ( ´・‿-)
Shion.. At an aquarium.. Or could it be the seabottom on the other side of the glass? Just speculating ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
So, July takes orders from Ohreally's dolls to save Suou from.. something ( ¯‿¯)
Hmm I think I've seen a similar ability in the first season as that.. "air-spear"-thingy.. I might just be mixing things up though ( ´・‿-)
Ohreally's clothing baffles me ┐(-。ー')┌
Mahou Shoujo Suou takes out her rifle.. Oh well.. Nice shot Suou ( ̄ー ̄)
Well now at least Dr. Pavlichenko's actually dead.
Very much unlike a certain whatever-his-face guy who's absorbing walls and stuff to amplify his body, yeah the one that Suou shot... Wth? That was quite a clean shot actually ¯\(°_o)/¯
Hei arrives -> Yin's not there ٩(๏_๏)۶ Instead: Hazuki desu! Ambush desu! ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃
Anyways, as I saw francis (who wasn't first to post! : D) write, it looks pretty bad at the end of the episode for Hei ಠ_ಠ My guess though.. Or just one of the theories that I can come up with, is that Yin'll stop Hazuki from succeeding in beheading Hei. ( ¯‿¯)
Otherwise, it could also be that Hei goes: "OH SHI- I'll die like this!" and then dodges, whereafter he starts counterattacking. ◔ ◡ ◔

Preview: The twindolls are starting to be rather creepy, somehow ٩(๏_๏)۶
And somehow.. I'm not surprised at all that Mao and Ohreally had a history.. Actually, I was kinda expecting that. ┐(-。ー')┌
Tl;dr I want Yin, nao! ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ I don't mind if she looks like anti-spiral Nia ( ¯‿¯)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 18, 2009 4:03 PM

Sep 2009
bakuramariks said:
If Madame Orielle was dressed more... normal i would've given this episode 5 stars. She seemed ridiculous in this costume.
Maybe she was cosplaying "JUSTICE LEAGUE" as the Americans where coming...:P

So Hei looks hotter in the kitchen , i thought he was making pizza though..

I think Suous dad was a copy because he seemed evil all along with Suou.

Genma is just awesome , the whole hair thing..god serious laughter.

So they show Yin for a spit second , they showed the fight for 2 seconds and the next episode is the finale , it better be like a 2 hour finale or i might just start crying..

Yin is definitely being controlled by someone else because she didnt sound like herself.
Dec 18, 2009 4:11 PM

Nov 2008
GAY GAY GAY! i already know how it's going to end. Hei kills Yin and Suou kills Shion and happy ending for all...YAY mother fu*ckers! years later, you'll find Mr and Mrs Heiou living happily ever after, like nothing happened, the end.. YAYAAYAYA!

Dec 18, 2009 4:12 PM

Jan 2009
KingDeadKira said:
GAY GAY GAY! i already know how it's going to end. Hei kills Yin and Suou kills Shion and happy ending for all...YAY mother fu*ckers! years later, you'll find Mr and Mrs Heiou living happily ever after, like nothing happened, the end.. YAYAAYAYA!

I'd seriously kill someone if they did such a bad ending to this.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 18, 2009 4:17 PM
Aug 2008
Or Yin kills Hazuki...
Dec 18, 2009 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
Oosran said:
My guess though.. Or just one of the theories that I can come up with, is that Yin'll stop Hazuki from succeeding in beheading Hei. ( ¯‿¯)

jcr said:
Or Yin kills Hazuki...

Sounds kinda likely, if you ask me : >
Dec 18, 2009 4:38 PM

Sep 2009
They better not kill Yin. :L

Furthermore, I want to know how all this crap got to this point. Damned plot gaps.

I do wonder how all of this is going to end... and lol @ Oreille in her elastic jumpsuit. I wonder what practical use it's supposed to have.
Dec 18, 2009 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
JonathanDC said:
and lol @ Oreille in her elastic jumpsuit. I wonder what practical use it's supposed to have.

It's clearly there to make potential enemies think "lol what the fudge?" and then Ohreally can neutralize them with ease xD
Dec 18, 2009 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
i don't understand how the pervert is still alive?

i think 12 episodes it's too short...it seems financial crisis came in Japan too :))
Dec 18, 2009 5:01 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
KingDeadKira said:

I'd seriously kill someone if they did such a bad ending to this.
I shall help too in the murder..

If Yin dies , oh Lord i will kill everyone..
Dec 18, 2009 5:08 PM

Jul 2009
What the F? Hei has appeared maybe a combined 3 minutes the last three eps.
Dec 18, 2009 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
First i want someone to answer something i was wondering from the first episode and can't figure out. Is Hazuki a girl or a boy?

Second question that came after this episode: Is Shizume gay? Because he was happy to see Suou's thighs but at the moment he didn't knew she was a girl but he was under the impression she was Shion.

Yin is a real killing machine judging from the scenes at the start. So she changed personality if i understood correct? Like being possessed or something?
And what exactly is the meaning behind the creation of Suou. According to what her father said she's a female clone of Shion. Off course that would still make her Suou since twins are clones of each other by nature anyway.
Suou really loves Hei now.I wonder if it is the change of looks. Since Yin seems to have gone all crazy on us, should we expect them to end up together? Not probable huh?

Suou's father really can't stay alive can't he? He never lasts till the end of an episode.

Oh! yeah. GO GO POWER RANGERS!

Personally i liked the episode. Things seem to come together for an ending.
MonadDec 18, 2009 6:12 PM
Dec 18, 2009 5:36 PM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
First i want someone to answer something i was wondering from the first episode and can't figure out. Is Hazuki a girl or a boy?

Second question that came after this episode: Is Shizume gay? Because he was happy to see Suou's thighs but at the moment he didn't knew she was a girl but he was under the impression she was Shion.

Answer 1: She's a she, alright : >
Answer 2: ... Well.. He's strange however you put it, but considering how he's treating Kirihara (and other women as well), I suppose he's straight... Might be at least xD
Dec 18, 2009 5:40 PM

Nov 2007
What a cliffhanger there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 18, 2009 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode...i can't believe there's only one left :s

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 18, 2009 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Monad said:

Answer 1: She's a she, alright : >
Answer 2: ... Well.. He's strange however you put it, but considering how he's treating Kirihara (and other women as well), I suppose he's straight... Might be at least xD

1)So it's a she. Thank God because that would have been one big trap. She looks too good to be a boy.
So she's a lesbian judging from the kisses with the dead girl

2)So Shizume is strait but he makes an exception when it's about little boys? Maybe he should change his profession to a catholic priest.

Oh nice! A lesbian, a pervert and an obsessed late virgin. What a team!
Dec 18, 2009 6:23 PM

May 2009
I really hope they'll be able to wrap everything up in the final episode, at least about the gate of hell and the Izanami/Izanagi's meeting, since the gap between s1 and s2 will be filled with the OVA.
Dec 18, 2009 6:26 PM
Dec 2009
I feel like it's one step foward, two steps back. I was disappointed in this episode, but there was more Yin than ever right? Speaking of Yin, was that really her in the beginning because that voice does not belong to Yin's. And why did they have to change her hair and make her ugly? Why not stick with her usual hairstyle? Yin's pregnant???? What is wrong with these people? Let's hope she really is possessed.

Yay, we have some questions answered! Finally! But I have a feeling that there will be a bunch of questions left unanswered as there is only one more episode left. Do you think that there'll be someone who'll post the ovas subbed online? I really don't want to buy the dvds.

So did Shion already meet Yin when the meteorite struck? And it's confirmed that he is Izanagi right?

I have a bad feeling that Hei will kill Yin and (assuming she's possessed) she'll return to her normal self when she's about to die and say some meaningful last words to Hei and BOOM, it ends.
Dec 18, 2009 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
Judging from the episode and preview the ending will suck..
Dec 18, 2009 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
First off some ranting, Madame Orielle's clothing look abso-f*cking-lutely ridiculous, seriously it doesen't fit her character at all.
And what's up with Suou's fathers shooting? That Genma guy was standing like 2 meters away so it would be harder to actually miss him as long as your pointing the pistol in the right direction..
And just how did he survive Suou's headshot? The weapon she carries (PTRD-41) is an anti-tank rifle, and specificity made to penetrate tank armour, so it would have very little trouble with the concrete he was shelled in. Even if he did miraculously survive his brain would more or less be scrambled eggs after the massive bullet impact.

These are a few things that really bugged me -.-'

Other than this episode was quite good and paced forward quite quickly, though I'm really concerned as of how they will be able to make an satisfactory end with just ~20min of screen time left.

Oh Suou looked so cute when she was standing at the kitchen entrance asking Hei what he was cooking =)
So at least Hei got a good looking young girl to turn to if the whole Yin situation fails ;P
Dec 18, 2009 6:44 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
So Suou's copy was created when the meteorite crashed huh. Looks like Yin is going to start ripping shit apart real soon. Lolz at Madam Orielle and Mao.

francismeunier said:
Nice shots of Suou but Shizume was somehow alive even after getting a direct hit to the head...don't understand that.

If you had watched the episode with subs instead of assuming things from raws, you'd know that Suou said that he wouldn't die from a shot like that before shooting since his rock armor took the majority of the bullet's impact.

That's strange because there is not logic there....this a anti tank bullet so how can his rock armor take the impact when this bullets goes through steel that is thicker than that armor. Also Shizume looked KO.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 18, 2009 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
One left! Can i hope for a slice of life where Hei is a chef? XD

Dec 18, 2009 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
Hmm... I'm hoping for a 3rd season because one episode will not be enough to satisfy all the looming plot points BONES created. This episode wasn't too bad though; I liked it.
Dec 18, 2009 7:06 PM

May 2009
Gin-iro said:
Hmm... I'm hoping for a 3rd season because one episode will not be enough to satisfy all the looming plot points BONES created. This episode wasn't too bad though; I liked it.

That about sums up my thoughts too.

And with Orielle's spacesuit and ray gun...uh huh.. LOL.
Dec 18, 2009 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
It was a fast episode. I feel kinda bad for Souo, but c'mon you just can't keep standing like nothing if a weirdo is gonna kill you! >__>)/
I really can't see an ending in the next chapter, so i'm really waiting for a second season :S
Dec 18, 2009 7:15 PM

May 2009
Madam Orielle said Syndicate is gone? when?
I forgot which eps said that..
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Dec 18, 2009 7:39 PM

Mar 2008
Worst episode yet. This was the first time where I skipped a minute or two.
Dec 18, 2009 8:01 PM
Nov 2009
Yin or Hei is probably going to die. Maybe even Suou. After all, this is Darker than Black. There was never a happy ending. I hope Hei doesn't die and there is a season 3.
Dec 18, 2009 8:02 PM

Jul 2009
Mao said that Hei might had something to do with Yin's evolution. Didn't Hei gain some extra powers in the last episode in season 1? Perhaps that is what affected Yin.
Dec 18, 2009 8:06 PM

Apr 2008
o-olll pretty okay .. finally the last episode =D

Dec 18, 2009 8:15 PM
Nov 2009
alright ya this episode was pretty boring, lets just hope the finale will be a bit more exciting(action + yin overload). i just realized, its been 1 whole season since hei lost his power, i hope he gets it back soon
Dec 18, 2009 8:16 PM

Nov 2009
toratiger said:
... i hope he gets it back soon

I think he doesn't need them anymore.
Dec 18, 2009 8:33 PM

Jun 2009
Let's all go back to Hell's gate where anything can happen to unsatisfactorily resolve the plot! Prepare for a pothole ending, kids!

(but don't worry there *might* still be kickass action scenes)

What I don't understand is why tell us what happened afterward first, THEN tell us what happens in between seasons.
Dec 18, 2009 8:51 PM
Oct 2009
Orielle was just on her way to a convention, with a cosplay outfit designed after female Shepard (Mass Effect), but then the plot happened and she didn't have time to change into something less ridiculous.

Yep.
Dec 18, 2009 8:54 PM

Oct 2008
JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE FUCKING SPOILER TAG YOUR IMAGES
Dec 18, 2009 9:13 PM

Sep 2008
yeah rigth kill hei, as if, he needs to be arround to cook and make suou blush
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 18, 2009 9:21 PM
Jun 2008
How are they gonna resolve everything in one final episode? I really don't want the next episode's pacing to be rushed. It's common in short series, thus ending in massive disappointment. Let's just hope Hei kicks Hazuki's ass once and for all and the whole Yin dilemma gets solved. I for one am glad Shizume didn't die, although it would've made a lot more sense if he was left grounded. The guy is about the only comic relief in the series, aside from Mao. This episode had its share of oddities, but Suo is starting to come into her own. It probably won't happen, but I hope there really will be a third season. And for god's sake, they need more lengthier fight scenes that take place outside during nighttime. I really miss that from the first season.
Dec 18, 2009 9:37 PM
Nov 2009
SEACATS said:
JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE FUCKING SPOILER TAG YOUR IMAGES

This is an episode discussion thread. Maybe you shouldn't be reading this thread if you didn't see it.
Dec 18, 2009 10:15 PM
Mar 2009
Not the best episode, and probably the least interesting. Kinda feel bad for Suou's father though, but yeah, I'm really wondering how they're gonna resolve all this in just one more episode.
Dec 18, 2009 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
So is Suou's remuneration just Origami in general, and not specifically swans? Because she made stars this time right?

Also, did Suou's father die too easily? Or is a cut in the leg really that deadly?
Dec 18, 2009 11:03 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, only one episode left. Should be at least 3.

There better be a seriously amazing ending, but I'm hesitant. Too much plot left to finish up. And I get a feeling that a non-minor character is going to die.

Dec 18, 2009 11:12 PM

Feb 2009
How did it all come down to this? I mean the plot is so retarded right now that it's pathetic, especially seeing how good DtB1 was and how promising the beginning of the second season was.

And what's with the characters this season? First we get Sailor Suou and then Pink Ranger Oreille? None of them seem to really matter and have any depth and unfortunately we don't get to see the ones from s1 that much. Only Mao is there to save the show sometimes.

scandal said:

Let's not forget who we're dealing with. I'm impressed she didn't shoot her foot by mistake.
AlexstratzDec 18, 2009 11:16 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.