Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 12, 2015 8:16 PM
Aug 2013
I've watched the first two or three episodes because people always tell me to watch it and it is very popular. But it didn't do anything for me. And then I was checking out filler lists for different animes and I checked up on Black Butler season two to see if it was true about the whole season being filler. It was. I also checked out season one, and to my horror, the first episode itself was a filler and there were only 8 canon episodes. Not including the third season that recently came out, black butler was way popular before then. All I can ask is why?

Usually when you make an anime based off of a manga you don't make most of it filler. I have no idea what the manga is like but the fact that there are only 8 canon episodes shocked me. If I have the wrong information I apologize but here are links to the sites where I found this information.

http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/black-butler

http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/black-butler-ii

I am a big anti-filler person and I will skip over fillers at all costs if I know about them. So please tell me, why is this filler-riddled anime so popular?
Oct 12, 2015 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
It's a popular fujoshi bait show.
Oct 14, 2015 8:00 AM
Oct 2015
because it is amazing xD
Also the characters have great personalities
Especially finnian
Finnians is bæ
Oct 29, 2015 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
People want to see more of the characters even if it is non canon.
The fillers are good for the most parts too so that's a plus.

If you want to skip them it's fine, just watch the 8 episodes then watch "Book of Circus" then "Book of Murder".
Or wait for the English version.
Nov 18, 2015 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, I keep vomiting when I see the shitty reviews of Black butler. 5,4,5 all these shitty scores. Oh wait, they are in the second season as well, doing the same shitty reviews.
Dec 3, 2015 2:25 AM
Dec 2015
Well, because the plot is pretty awesome and Sebastian is amazing *_*
Dec 3, 2015 2:32 AM
Jun 2015
Because Sebastian's hot.
Dec 3, 2015 2:33 AM

Sep 2009
JewellTH said:
Because Sebastian's hot.

And because Ciel is cute. And there are a lot of other hot/cute guys for yaoi bait.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 6, 2015 1:30 PM
Aug 2013
Well, thank you all for your enlightening responses; I think I have my answer now and I am slightly disappointed. I was hoping that there would have secretly been something worthwhile about the show to keep me watching, but I now see that that is not the case. I will immediately drop this anime from my list.
May 28, 2016 3:07 AM
Feb 2016
Silvertide said:
Well, thank you all for your enlightening responses; I think I have my answer now and I am slightly disappointed. I was hoping that there would have secretly been something worthwhile about the show to keep me watching, but I now see that that is not the case. I will immediately drop this anime from my list.

I agree. You should drop this anime.
Just watch Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus and Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder. Because it's much more faithful to the manga material, has good plot, and will keep you at the edge of your seat! Sorry I might seem like I'm raving a bit but it truly is a good watch, you should at least try it out. If you're disappointed after watching it, I'll let you hate on my comment section.
'I feel about as warm and happy as a potato in a hotpot'
Kaneki Ken
May 28, 2016 3:11 AM

Jun 2015
StarsOfRust said:
Silvertide said:

Just watch Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus and Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder. Because it's much more faithful to the manga material, has good plot, and will keep you at the edge of your seat! Sorry I might seem like I'm raving a bit but it truly is a good watch, you should at least try it out. If you're disappointed after watching it, I'll let you hate on my comment section.

That's a pretty late reply...
May 28, 2016 4:23 AM
Feb 2016
BeBackinaSec said:

That's a pretty late reply...

Better late than never!😜
Kaneki Ken
May 28, 2016 4:33 AM

Mar 2016
Because people like shit .
May 28, 2016 4:35 AM
Feb 2016
TheDeadApostle said:
Because people like shit .

Excuse me? Were you talking to me?
Kaneki Ken
May 28, 2016 7:49 PM
Aug 2013
StarsOfRust said:
Silvertide said:

Haha alright thanks.
May 28, 2016 9:37 PM
Feb 2016
Silvertide said:
Haha alright thanks.

Is it 'alright' I'll watch it or 'alright' thanks for the comment?
Kaneki Ken
May 28, 2016 9:40 PM
Nov 2014
Watched 1st 2 season,its good at best but not perfect
May 30, 2016 3:55 AM
Feb 2016
@Silvertide

Oh and watch it in subs cuz the dub sucks. I mean.. It sounds unnatural.

@L0tus

There's more plot holes in the story than the story itself. I wonder what about 'it' you actually liked?
StarsOfRustMay 30, 2016 9:43 AM
Kaneki Ken
May 30, 2016 5:36 AM
Nov 2014
StarsOfRust said:
@Silvertide

@L0tus

There's more plot holes in the story than the story itself. I wonder what about 'it' you actually liked?
I didn't really think there was a story that was interesting,mostly the humour and characters was what made me watch it,I can't really say more
May 30, 2016 9:39 AM
Feb 2016
L0tus said:
StarsOfRust said:
@Silvertide

@L0tus

I didn't really think there was a story that was interesting,mostly the humour and characters was what made me watch it,I can't really say more

Hmm... To me, however, the characters seemed bland without a decent plot. And the so-called humor didn't do anything to tickle my bones so I'd say both seasons were below average.
Kaneki Ken
May 30, 2016 10:39 AM

Sep 2015
Even though I gave season 1 a 4/10, there were still things that I liked about it and I can see why others do as well.

And then season 2 came along and became my second most hated show. It's one of the 3 shows I've rated a 1/10. Don't even watch part 2, it truly deserved the worst score I could give a show. If you want to, finish part 1 and be done with the series. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Jun 6, 2016 1:36 PM
Aug 2013
StarsOfRust said:
Silvertide said:
Haha alright thanks.

Is it 'alright' I'll watch it or 'alright' thanks for the comment?

Thanks for the comment and I will probably watch it. It just takes me a while to get around to watching shows I'm not so sure about.

StarsOfRust said:
@Silvertide

I never watch dub.
Jun 7, 2016 12:16 AM
Feb 2016
@Silvertide

Hahaha alright. See you around.
Kaneki Ken
Jun 15, 2016 7:35 PM

Apr 2015
What everyone else said. Just watch Book of Circus and Book of Murder and read the manga. They are great imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2016 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
QABJAB said:
Even though I gave season 1 a 4/10, there were still things that I liked about it and I can see why others do as well.

And then season 2 came along and became my second most hated show. It's one of the 3 shows I've rated a 1/10. Don't even watch part 2, it truly deserved the worst score I could give a show. If you want to, finish part 1 and be done with the series. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Season 2 deserves that 1/10. Bless you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2017 8:57 PM
May 2017
The Manga is 100x better than the anime (I seriously recommend reading it Sebastian is a badass).

I have not seen the 3rd season yet, but I don't plan to as it suckeddd.
May 21, 2017 9:03 PM

Sep 2009
It was quite novel and interesting when it first started, and there still isn't anything quite like it. Though as it goes on, it turns more toward the generic...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 29, 2021 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
its because alot of girls like the art and character designs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Apr 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

318 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 22, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Apr 21, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 21, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.