Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
Those who follow the anime should ask, since, unlike novels, is less explicit, but we go to the facts:

Suruga Oni - Hanamonogatari

Ougi is clearly the girl who talked to Numachi in the hospital, making her become the collector of bad luck and also parts of the demon. Probably Ougi Numachi already knew how she felt, she just lit the fire inside her, since Ougi is one type of Erika Naku Koro Ni Umineko No, it just tries to reveal the 'truth'.

Nadeko Medusa

Ougi Nadeko encourages her to stop being victims, half-open eyes of loli, making her go to the temple and give shit that came later.

Mayoi Snail

Ougi would have been responsible for the disappearance of Mayoi? I do not quite understand that part, but the conversation with Araragi in Shinobu Time was very strange and indirect

Hitagi End

Ougi and Kaiki working together? Probably it was just an informant, and vice versa.

Disappearance of Oshino

I'm LN reader, and what else makes me curious about the show is the Oshino. Okay that many say he just walked away, but for me the Ougi is behind it too, even more by the 'hint' that gives Kaiki.

Death of Kaiki

She is so bitch that made one of the best characters in the series dies (and there are still some deluded to think that the 'appearance' of it in Hanamogatari he was alive)

The intentions of the girl may be higher than just 'punish liars', see, far away, a small link it with Kagenui. I think the purpose of it is to create appearances, Kagenui to go out there and stop them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 12, 2015 7:04 PM
Jun 2014
For the record Kaiki is not dead

I don' really think Ougi was involved for the dissapearance of Mayoi I can't really back it up but it just feel so unlikely.
Back to the topic I think Ougi is an oddity herself, not sure how she appeared, where she came from or why is she doing what it is doing. But in this last episode Araragi says that he tells things to Ougi without thinking it, so I think the creation of Ougi or her reason to be there is somehow related to Araragi that or she has somekind of ability to make people speak "easily".
Well that's just my guess.
chiflefinal123Oct 12, 2015 8:37 PM
Oct 12, 2015 7:06 PM

Sep 2012
Another forum said:
Human memories can be altered by narrative accounts and therefore it's safe to assume that Ougi could have shaped Ararargi's perception of the past by suggesting a more pleasant lie that can substitute the truth.

It would be extremely interesting if Ougi could somehow change Ararargi from within. She's already putting words into his mouth after all.
Oct 12, 2015 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
At some point was clarified in the novels , the Kaiki was alive ?

For the monologue Hitagi End clearly shows him dying, ok he is a liar , and the narrative was his, but for me it was clear from the outcome of Numachi , he became an appearance to help Kanbaru , perhaps even by love Gaen .
-
And yes, Ougi has the power to influence and manipulate people , but do not believe it to be an apparition, she's more pro Izaya of Monogatari Series , but I still think she has a greater purpose than just to burn the haystack.
Oct 13, 2015 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
WillKamio said:
At some point was clarified in the novels , the Kaiki was alive ?

For the monologue Hitagi End clearly shows him dying, ok he is a liar , and the narrative was his, but for me it was clear from the outcome of Numachi , he became an appearance to help Kanbaru , perhaps even by love Gaen .

For me it doesn't have many sense that the Kaiki of Hanamonogatari was an apparittion. He have glasses and sports a beard, while in his "death" in Koimonogatari he was shaved and without glasses, and ghosts can't change its appearance (case of Hachikuji).

Respect Ougi, I believe that (s)he is the darkness of Onimonogatari. (S)he says to Araragi at the end of the arc that his/her job involves punishing liars, just like the darkness suck the oddities that don't do its functions.

However, I'm not sure is Ougi will be really evil or not. Kaiki in Nisemonogatari looked like a villain and look how he ended.
IllyricusMay 6, 2017 3:38 AM
Oct 16, 2015 7:14 AM

Jul 2013
xEmptiness said:
Punishing liars.... In Monogatari, a story of lies?
"I don't know anything. You're the one who knows." - Ougi

Nisio made it quite obvious don't you think? After all, the most powerful apparition exist in one's own psychological blind spot.

If Ougi was intended to be the final (?) villain in the series, by the themes of Monogatari, the plot must follow my logic above. In which case Ougi's identity cannot be the darkness.

Looking at it with that mentality, I agree. Also, oddities are product of human imagination and beliefs, so it could be too much obvious that Ougi is the darkness... and taking into account that the Monogatari are a series when nothing is what it seems, it will probably that Ougi is something that we can expect.
Oct 16, 2015 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
xEmptiness said:
Illyricus said:

Looking at it with that mentality, I agree. Also, oddities are product of human imagination and beliefs, so it could be too much obvious that Ougi is the darkness... and taking into account that the Monogatari are a series when nothing is what it seems, it will probably that Ougi is something that we can expect.

Ougi is something we completely expect. In fact, it wouldn't be too absurd to claim that the appearance of Ougi in some shape or form could be predicted very early on in Bakemonogatari.

Every hero's greatest enemy is himself. That is why Ougi cannot possibly be the darkness, if anything, they must be enemies.

Oh, I see what did you try to imply. If what you say is truth (if is the thing that I expected), it would be an interesting event.
Oct 17, 2015 2:17 AM

Jul 2013
I personally think so too. And I feel like there is a war (not really sure what else to call it) or an Ougi vs Gaen thing due to some parts in the second season. I feel like they're both trying to manipulate events in the town and Ougi and Gaen have different things in mind.

One example I can think of is Ougi basically setting up Sengoku as the god of the town (with the snake) and I recall Yotsugi mentioning something about Gaen wanting Shinobu to be the god instead in Koimonogatari.

I don't think Ougi is the darkness itself but I feel she is related it to it.
Oct 18, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2010
ihusmal1234 said:
I personally think so too. And I feel like there is a war (not really sure what else to call it) or an Ougi vs Gaen thing due to some parts in the second season. I feel like they're both trying to manipulate events in the town and Ougi and Gaen have different things in mind.

One example I can think of is Ougi basically setting up Sengoku as the god of the town (with the snake) and I recall Yotsugi mentioning something about Gaen wanting Shinobu to be the god instead in Koimonogatari.

I don't think Ougi is the darkness itself but I feel she is related it to it.

At first I thought that the People could be the dark, but its principles are not bad, although the methods are, but already Ougi not see modesty, she do not care if there will be deaths, and nothing in Monogatari is without a sense, I doubt she's just doing it for fun, I think she has some connection with the Gaen, even if it is in the past
Mar 18, 2017 9:43 PM
May 2015
If Ougi really was "Darkness", she'd have swallowed Hachikuji immediately, as Hachikuji has seen Ougi before. Why would she actively pursue Hachikuji in one form, and not the other?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

210 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.