Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Punch Man Episode 2 Discussion


Oct 12, 2015 6:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 7255
Great epsiode, such BA action.
 
Oct 12, 2015 6:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6811
That was better than the first episode. Some pretty cool action scenes and I laughed how Saitama killed that mosquito girl.

The part where Genos told his long ass backstory was hilarious.

4/5
 
Oct 12, 2015 6:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 661
dedeogbe said:
Sxsxarael said:
Anyone know who the VA of mosquito girl is? I find it really familiar but can't remember who, and that makes me really curious lol.
Miyuki Sawashiro, she's in quite a lot of stuff. She was Marie in Arakawa under the Bridge, Celty in Durarara and the female demon in the Berserk film. She's also Kanbaru from the Monogatari series


MARIA!
 
Oct 12, 2015 7:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 541
I love this shit. It's just pure fun.


Oh and SAWASHIRO MIYUKI
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam
 
Oct 12, 2015 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 195
Omfg, I'm finally aboard the hype train with everyone else. Episode one was amusing, but I wasn't convinced yet. This though... wow, absolutely hilarious and entertaining.

Saitama vs. mosquito and Genos's backstory nearly killed me. XD
 
Oct 12, 2015 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 523
Snaita said:
kataklism said:


who is fubuki?i read the manga, yet i don't know her?

I think it's the sister of that S-Class psychic chibi girl, was it?


Yes. She's the one next to Genos on the hype train gif xD
 
Oct 12, 2015 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2696
I dont know why but it felt like I was watching happy tree friends.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
 
Oct 12, 2015 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 52
As Someone who is Bald with the Age of 25...
I feel for Saitama.

Amazing Episode, 10/5 AOTY Confirmed.
 
Oct 12, 2015 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 917
My jimmies are rustled
 
Oct 12, 2015 8:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1106
Words.. cannot describe One Punch Man..

10/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 12, 2015 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 853
julyan said:
Madhouse gives zero fuck about money and just keeps pouring it all out. I also heard that they'll going to go all-out (for real) next episode with all their best in-house talents.


Except everyone working on this project are all freelancers, almost. Next episode is by Kameda, who is a Bones regular & I can imagine what he has to offer next episode. He might even bring one of his Bones pals, probably motherfuckin' Yutapon.

This week's episode is good. Comfy good.
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 721
HalfFiendKuudere said:
julyan said:
Madhouse gives zero fuck about money and just keeps pouring it all out. I also heard that they'll going to go all-out (for real) next episode with all their best in-house talents.


Except everyone working on this project are all freelancers, almost. Next episode is by Kameda, who is a Bones regular & I can imagine what he has to offer next episode. He might even bring one of his Bones pals, probably motherfuckin' Yutapon.

This week's episode is good. Comfy good.


Really? You learn something new everyday :O

But the animation was done so freaking well for the last 2 episodes. Hell i have been watching K , comet lucifer , noragami , etc. from this season and OPM has the most crisp and clean animation of all . (maybe noragami as 2nd )...

I am really pleased about this adaptation.
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:26 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 643
10th_man_down said:
dedeogbe said:
Miyuki Sawashiro, she's in quite a lot of stuff. She was Marie in Arakawa under the Bridge, Celty in Durarara and the female demon in the Berserk film. She's also Kanbaru from the Monogatari series

Really like her VA, thought it sounded familiar.


Such a shame that she appeared so little

Oh well this whole is just too epic to describe
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1158
kataklism said:

but iirc she barely has any screentime and close to no impact on the plot? why do people want to see her so bad?

Really?
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5748
Ha! Got bitch slapped by Saitama.
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6777
RedChrome said:
10th_man_down said:

Really like her VA, thought it sounded familiar.


Such a shame that she appeared so little

Oh well this whole is just too epic to describe

It's ironic how Saitama is being voiced by a "nobody" (who does a great job, btw), while all the "established ones" either get a side-character role or a 1-time-appearence villain role.
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 615
Oh man the next episode is going to be gooood. So much action animation, I love it!

Also, here's the mosquito lady from the manga:
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 411
Grey-Zone said:
RedChrome said:


Such a shame that she appeared so little

Oh well this whole is just too epic to describe

It's ironic how Saitama is being voiced by a "nobody" (who does a great job, btw), while all the "established ones" either get a side-character role or a 1-time-appearence villain role.



i think that fits with to put in the trash our expactations, when you hear a famous voice, you automatically expect said character to be very strong and a milestone in the series, on the other hand, you expect newcomers to the anime industry to voice characters that would be at the best side-kicks.

it's not just about visuals, everything in opm tries to be over the top and the opposite of what one would expect as the standard.

and i say: good, because the manga got old fast, but like this the hype for the anime will be long enough to step into the garou's saga, which is when shit becomes interesting.
 
Oct 12, 2015 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 86
I found it humorous that Saitama is so strong that he can easily defeat opponents with one punch, but then we see he can't even swat one little mosquito. But then later defeating an enemy with just one punch while naked just added to the humor.

This episode introduces Genos, a 19-year-old cyborg who wants to become Saitama's apprentice. I think they'll make for an interesting pair of protagonists.

We see that the new villain is the "House of Evolution," and the doctor in charge of it comes across as rather creepy and possibly egotistical, especially in the post-credits scene.

This was a great continuation from episode one, and the series still shows a lot of promise. I'm looking forward to seeing Saitama and Genos do in the next episode.
 
Oct 12, 2015 10:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 654
Mallony said:

Also, here's the mosquito lady from the manga:
datass
 
Oct 12, 2015 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 4287
holy fuck that bitch slap man!!!!! Genos looks awesome but fucking Saitama man he's epic
 
Oct 12, 2015 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 490
didn't find the mosquito pun funny until saitama added "Ba-dum tss!" at the end. wasn't the funniest part but was still gold.
 
Oct 12, 2015 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 844
Another great episode, I can tell I'm gonna really enjoy this series. Also Saitama finding dude underground was super creepy, but I loved it!
 
Oct 12, 2015 11:09 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 83
O M G O S H
This ep is art
Waiting for the next one :o
 
Oct 12, 2015 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 13967
Gikiseima said:
Mallony said:

Also, here's the mosquito lady from the manga:
datass

+ 10000000

She was so perfect, sexy, powerful and voiced by a goddess. She shouldn't have died so early ;_;
 
Oct 12, 2015 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4159
Genos is so cool!

Modified by googie, Oct 12, 2015 1:12 PM
 
Oct 12, 2015 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15731
It was more funny than the first episode but the unnecessary fanservice of our hero was really not needed and kind ruined it so is 1/5.
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:06 PM
Bone Idle Perv

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 602
kataklism said:
Snaita said:

I think it's the sister of that S-Class psychic chibi girl, was it?


oh you mean the sister of the best loli with the worst character.

but iirc she barely has any screentime and close to no impact on the plot? why do people want to see her so bad?


She's hottest character in the series and



On topic though, I've missed mosquito girl, she was very hot.


Edit: Anyone know the release date for the ED single? She's got a beautiful voice.
Modified by Sangaz, Oct 12, 2015 12:39 PM
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 523
Monad said:
It was more funny than the first episode but the unnecessary fanservice of our hero was really not needed and kind ruined it so is 1/5.


Bet you didn't mind at all the mosquito girl fanservice xD
There are still fans of invicible clothes, I guess
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 57
Damn, that was one hell of a step up from episode 1. Seems like a really good series with amazing animation.
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 407
Getting pretty repetitive now with little to no downtime from action and zero build up. Hopefully it stops being like this, soon.
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 13144
Veldin461 said:
Monad said:
It was more funny than the first episode but the unnecessary fanservice of our hero was really not needed and kind ruined it so is 1/5.


Bet you didn't mind at all the mosquito girl fanservice xD

Of course he doesn't. What a stupid reason to give to this episode a 1/5
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 411
Sangaz said:
kataklism said:


oh you mean the sister of the best loli with the worst character.

but iirc she barely has any screentime and close to no impact on the plot? why do people want to see her so bad?


She's hottest character in the series and



On topic though, I've missed mosquito girl, she was very hot.


Edit: Anyone know the release date for the ED single? She's got a beautiful voice.


eh, i don't know, i'm more of a tornado guy actually, i mean, she technically is the perfect example of loli in every single characteristic. to me her sister just looks like the most generic "sexy" character possible so it doesn't attract me, also not a fan of boobs.

still, isn't her presence even less important than that of the biker rider?
 
Oct 12, 2015 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 721
Xenocrisi said:
Veldin461 said:


Bet you didn't mind at all the mosquito girl fanservice xD

Of course he doesn't. What a stupid reason to give to this episode a 1/5


lol fanservice? if at all it shud be considered something, it'd be a parody of 'fanservice' xD.
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1000
Saitama, the mosquito and Mosquito Queen Sawashiro Miyuki stole this ep. And sweet lord, that animation! Madhouse not pulling any punches here(no pun intended).
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15731
Xenocrisi said:
Veldin461 said:


Bet you didn't mind at all the mosquito girl fanservice xD

Of course he doesn't. What a stupid reason to give to this episode a 1/5


Yeas that too. I think we saw her ass and am not sure if that was clothes. Now that you mentioned it that makes it even worse therefore i will drop my final grate of the whole show by 1 point because of this episode.
I am a very serious about my image as a Mal user therefore i can not tolerate any hints of fanservice.

eshwar007 said:

lol fanservice? if at all it shud be considered something, it'd be a parody of 'fanservice' xD.


You are a perverted fan-service lover. You disgust me.
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 523
Monad said:
Xenocrisi said:

Of course he doesn't. What a stupid reason to give to this episode a 1/5


Yeas that too. I think we saw her ass and am not sure if that was clothes. Now that you mentioned it that makes it even worse therefore i will drop my final grate of the whole show by 1 point because of this episode.
I am a very serious about my image as a Mal user therefore i can not tolerate any hints of fanservice.

eshwar007 said:

lol fanservice? if at all it shud be considered something, it'd be a parody of 'fanservice' xD.


You are a perverted fan-service lover. You disgust me.


You know, your image just went to the trash zone with that one xD
I really thought you were kidding when you said u gave the episode a 1/5 because of the fanservice, wtf.
Now seriously... you are kidding right? Yeah, you are obviously kidding. gg
Modified by Veldin461, Oct 12, 2015 1:32 PM
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 830
Monad said:
Xenocrisi said:

Of course he doesn't. What a stupid reason to give to this episode a 1/5


Yeas that too. I think we saw her ass and am not sure if that was clothes. Now that you mentioned it that makes it even worse therefore i will drop my final grate of the whole show by 1 point because of this episode.
I am a very serious about my image as a Mal user therefore i can not tolerate any hints of fanservice.

eshwar007 said:

lol fanservice? if at all it shud be considered something, it'd be a parody of 'fanservice' xD.


You are a perverted fan-service lover. You disgust me.
>you'll give this anime 1/10 because of the fanservice
>you have NGE in your favorite..

lol
Modified by malki, Oct 12, 2015 1:36 PM
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:37 PM
Bone Idle Perv

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 602
Monad said:
Xenocrisi said:

Of course he doesn't. What a stupid reason to give to this episode a 1/5


Yeas that too. I think we saw her ass and am not sure if that was clothes. Now that you mentioned it that makes it even worse therefore i will drop my final grate of the whole show by 1 point because of this episode.
I am a very serious about my image as a Mal user therefore i can not tolerate any hints of fanservice.

eshwar007 said:

lol fanservice? if at all it shud be considered something, it'd be a parody of 'fanservice' xD.


You are a perverted fan-service lover. You disgust me.


I hope you're a troll. If so, 8/10, you got some bites out of that one.

kataklism said:
eh, i don't know, i'm more of a tornado guy actually, i mean, she technically is the perfect example of loli in every single characteristic. to me her sister just looks like the most generic "sexy" character possible so it doesn't attract me, also not a fan of boobs.

still, isn't her presence even less important than that of the biker rider?


For now i guess, Haven't read One's version of OPM but I'm hoping she becomes a permanent member of team Saitama.
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15731
Veldin461 said:
Monad said:


Yeas that too. I think we saw her ass and am not sure if that was clothes. Now that you mentioned it that makes it even worse therefore i will drop my final grate of the whole show by 1 point because of this episode.
I am a very serious about my image as a Mal user therefore i can not tolerate any hints of fanservice.



You are a perverted fan-service lover. You disgust me.


You know, your image just went to the trash zone with that one xD
I really thought you were kidding when you said u gave the episode a 1/5 because of the fanservice, wtf.
Now seriously... you are kidding right? Yeah, you are obviously kidding. gg


Modified by Monad, Oct 12, 2015 1:46 PM
 
Oct 12, 2015 1:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4317
i love how they think they can make fun of exposition like that when the first episode had just that with the MC rambling on and on about his backstory, motivations, etc.

its just kinda lame when characters have to tell the audience emotionally how they feel

that kinda thing is much better to be done visually

and its not even like it makes sense why he has to tell the audience. Usually you find out tidbits from the character due to his interactions with others. Not a 5 minute scene where the MC just tells you every single fucking thing lmao.
 
Oct 12, 2015 2:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 221
The beginning when he was trying to kill the mosquito made me laugh.

The exciting fight between Genos and the Mosquito Girl became laughable when Saitama killed her with a single slap to the face :P

Also Beast King reminds me of Leomon and even more so cause Leomon's attack is called Fist of the Beast King!
 
Oct 12, 2015 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7491
it has just been only 2 episodes and this deserves to be AOTY!
5/5!
 
Oct 12, 2015 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 31
Cannot wait for the rest of the heroes to be introduced. This is some of the funniest lines and performances in some time. Love this manga, love this anime. The next worldwide anime success is here to stay.
 
Oct 12, 2015 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 129
This episode was so much better than the first one. Can really see the comedy coming through
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
 
Oct 12, 2015 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 497
Mosquito Girl was sexy, she deserved better then that.

*morns the loss of potential waifu*

Other then that though, really awesome show
 
Oct 12, 2015 9:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 17179
That was great. Looks like OPM will keep me warm for this season.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!
 
Oct 12, 2015 10:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15459
this episode was definitely better than the first. i still don't think this series is super great or anything, but this episode was fun, and i had some good laughs.
 
Oct 12, 2015 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 4323
Gotta say, I'm really enjoying this so far.
My Queens

 
Oct 12, 2015 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1026
Had some good laughs. 5/5
 
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store