Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty solid action this episode.

We got mecha combat in the first half with good choreography.

Nice to see some of Biscuit's siblings as well this episode. As for Aina, it looks like she tries to take on a more active role for independence. I still find her relationship with Mikazuki to be kinda odd. Hopefully that improves a bit.

Kinda felt bad for Orga this episode though lol.
That punch in the face D:
Oct 11, 2015 1:29 AM

Jan 2009
hey Stark700 do you know what time is the streaming of english subs on GundamInfo Youtube channel?
Oct 11, 2015 3:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ios said:
hey Stark700 do you know what time is the streaming of english subs on GundamInfo Youtube channel?
Oct 11, 2015 3:25 AM

Jan 2009
Tokoya said:
ios said:

oh ok thats like 5 minutes from now, thanks

EDIT:

its up! moderators this is a legal streaming of this anime

degOct 11, 2015 3:44 AM
Oct 11, 2015 3:57 AM

Feb 2012
Intense episode.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 11, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2009
lol the blood loss Mikazuki had is huge, he might die of blood loss the more he pilots the Barbatos gundam
Oct 11, 2015 4:20 AM

Jun 2013
Much better than I expected.
Oct 11, 2015 4:41 AM
Oct 2013
I need more lol.
You guys can always watch it on daisuki xD
Oh well anyway, im loving this already. Can't wait for Orga's coup :)
Oct 11, 2015 4:46 AM

Jun 2014
Loved this episode. It's really hard to pilot a GUNDAM, as we can see from Mikazuki's experience. I like that general Krank, he doesn't seem to be a bad guy, but he has to follow the orders of that asshole. I wonder what role do these two guys that came in the end of the episode play. I can't wait to see Orga kill those bastards that wanted to escape. I hate their guts.
Oct 11, 2015 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
The difference between minor and more important characters is in the handsomeness.
Oct 11, 2015 5:11 AM

Feb 2012
Biscuit, Cookie, Cracker.

I wonder if one of their parents is called Shortbread

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 11, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2015
Meh. I was expecting more.
Oct 11, 2015 5:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good follow up episode. Best start to a Gundam series in quite a while IMHO. And it's a 2 cour too boot.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2015 5:31 AM

Jun 2014
i guess it was ok...
:3
Oct 11, 2015 5:33 AM

Jun 2013
I'm really liking how they show the process of scrapping or taking parts. It's something rarely seen in many mecha shows. But I got to say the part that made it for me was Kudelia Aina's reflection on how ignorant she was on the whole matter. While she may have focused on activism for things, there's this whole other side she was completely ignorant to and she acknowledge that, which is great to see of a female character in her role of "peace seeker" as tradition in many Gundam iterations.

Whoever is writing this; stick to this, man.

(I honestly do not follow gundam for politics or that side of the story, more the fighting and personal relationship between the soldiers/pilots and their comrades, so I'm well aware I likely stated something wrong here)
Oct 11, 2015 5:39 AM

Jun 2013
ios said:
lol the blood loss Mikazuki had is huge, he might die of blood loss the more he pilots the Barbatos gundam

Unless I saw it wrong, it looked like blood was being pumped INTO him through a cord.
Oct 11, 2015 5:40 AM

Aug 2013
GlintPhantom said:
I'm really liking how they show the process of scrapping or taking parts. It's something rarely seen in many mecha shows. But I got to say the part that made it for me was Kudelia Aina's reflection on how ignorant she was on the whole matter. While she may have focused on activism for things, there's this whole other side she was completely ignorant to and she acknowledge that, which is great to see of a female character in her role of "peace seeker" as tradition in many Gundam iterations.

(I honestly do not follow gundam for politics or that side of the story, more the fighting and personal relationship between the soldiers/pilots and their comrades, so I'm well aware I likely stated something wrong here)

The same creator of Toradora...
Oct 11, 2015 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Kyruga said:
GlintPhantom said:

Expecting melodrama to kick in at some point.
"Hi!"
Oct 11, 2015 5:49 AM

Aug 2015
Good episode. If you didn't know Mari Okada was writing this after episode 1, you'll know after this episode. She's squeezing in melodrama for characters like the princess which is obviously her style. Though it does feel kind of awkward in a Gundam series.
Oct 11, 2015 5:50 AM
Apr 2013
Kyruga said:

I am out.
Oct 11, 2015 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
Excellent pacing and very well written script so far. This looks solid. There's a lot going and it's very intriguing. By far the best new anime* of Fall 2015 season. I cannot see any competition from any anime other than One-Punch Man.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 11, 2015 6:11 AM

Jul 2014
Just watched the episode now, and god damn all that drama was suffering.

Thoroughly good episode though. Characters are fairly charming and interesting, and I love the script and dialogue between them. Lovin' this whole 'brotherhood' theme going on as well.
YehartOct 11, 2015 6:23 AM
"Hi!"
Oct 11, 2015 6:46 AM

Aug 2013
worldeditor11 said:

I am out.

YEEART said:
Just watched the episode now, and god damn all that drama was suffering.

You guys are overreacting lol

Since gundam manly theme is basically war, the drama is expected, i think than is well executed so far.
Oct 11, 2015 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
Rank those prostitutes

Ponytail > Midriff girl > Pink Dress > Short hair
Oct 11, 2015 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
Now that I notice. Where the hell is the obligatory masked guy??? Blasphemy!! XD

Nice fight. Mika's awesome and so is Orga. Really loving this MC duo with the others being not so bad either ^^

Dem twin imoutos were so kawaii. Cookie and Cracker lol

Good to see Aina isn't stupid and figured out her dad probably had something to do with her kidnap attempt looking forward to all her development
Oct 11, 2015 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, I was kinda uncertain how this MSG was going to turn out but the second episode has me thoroughly convinced that this is probably going to be one of THE best animes of the fall season. I love the dialogue and the reactions of the characters. *SPOILER* For example when that first-corps guy was beating up Orga you could see the team gritting their teeth but holding back *SPOILER* Little things like these make the show more realistic and the characters are more relatable to. It developes this bond between the audience and the characters. I also love how the show tries to put some logic in there. Like how the Barbatos ran out of fuel for its thrusters and how the thing on Mikazuki's back increases his spatial awareness but piloting the Barbatos takes a heavy toll on him. It says: hey the mc isn't OP or full of plot armor, he isn't some random highschool kid who has no experience piloting mechs who all of a sudden gets thrown into a mech and kills experienced soldiers with little to no effort on his part *cough* every mech show nowadays *cough*. All in all great second episode. Can't wait to see more!
Oct 11, 2015 7:13 AM

Nov 2007
Barion-Zara said:
Where the hell is the obligatory masked guy?

If we go by the conventional Blond-route, it's gonna be a certain Sakurai McGillis Takahiro.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 11, 2015 7:17 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode. This series is turning out be be quite promising.
Oct 11, 2015 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
Yep this was a great episode.

The action in the beginning was pretty good and well choreographed. I liked how they were making use of the environment during the battle such as using the dust and sand as a cover. Also nice to see the show to take time and humanize their characters like Crank and that other young guy (ein?). Just makes it a bit hard to choose sides since we have to look at the individuals instead of the groups.

Kudelia already suspects her father being behind the attack which is a surprise because I thought she would a typical useless princess. Anyways its nice to see characters like her that can actually think.

5/5

The opening is fucking great.

Primus2x said:
Biscuit, Cookie, Cracker.

I wonder if one of their parents is called Shortbread

That scene cracked me up when they revealed their names.
Z4KOct 11, 2015 9:36 AM
Oct 11, 2015 7:28 AM

Feb 2015

Poor Danji didn't get to die smothered in large breasts.

Lieutenant Crank seems like an honorable guy. I like that he's hesitating to fight child soldiers. Makes me wonder if he used to be a child soldier himself.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Jun 2015
Gundam isn''t gundam without a princess
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 7:57 AM

Feb 2013
***R.I.P Obvious Death-Flag Kun.......He never did get to die smothered In large breasts***

Also, as per Typical Gundam Protocol.......FUCK THOSE KIDS!!
Oct 11, 2015 8:11 AM
Oct 2012
I'm liking everything in this series.
heck, anything is better than that previous abomination by the name of G in Reconguista. I still have a writer's nightmare from that series. yikes.
Oct 11, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode.

I'm quite digging the Barbatos design. Doesn't seem as OP as the Freedom or Exia or Wing and looks kind of more barbaric.

Overall, great episode and like where the anime is headed.
Oct 11, 2015 8:43 AM

Jun 2008
So Mika can't read... I wonder if Orga can.

So far several elements are predictable, but if it's a Gundam, maybe I should call it "traditional"? Crank is an obvious candidate for switching sides or dying honourably (remember Colonel Smirnov?).

Kudelia suspecting her dad already was something unexpected. Good thing she's not that naive, just sheltered.

I'm trying to not get too attached too Orga, since his death flag is getting bigger and bigger, but damn, it's hard.
Oct 11, 2015 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
A very solid episode. I'm loving the characters and their interaction with each other, especially the relationship the princess and the black haired kid has. Hopefully they will come to terms with each other as the show progresses

One thing that has surprised me so far is how the war drama actually works. It's believable, unlike so often in anime
cupcOct 11, 2015 11:26 AM
Oct 11, 2015 9:00 AM
Jan 2013
Damn man! The dialogue tempo was so good, it captures super-intensive emotional situations just perfectly.
The grey morality was good, 1 episode and i like that old man crank already, the hitler-style mustached guy from the 1st squad who seems hesitant toward oppressing the 3rd squad, and the inspector of gyalarhorn (damn i forgot how to write that).
thank god no more Milfs comander, i always find Milfs comander was riddiculous.
i gues it is really is from goetia the sigil and all. The idea about spirit that transcendence your "self" but at the same time taking a toll from your "self".
The mobile suit didnot easily michaelbay boom now and the pseudoscience of spinal nano machine was good.
Everything feels fresh even tough wasn't all new..
Looking forward next episode
opikteaOct 11, 2015 9:11 AM
Oct 11, 2015 9:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man this is without a doubt now the new age Gundam series that we all deserved....Fantastic episode yet again...Great OP too btw

This series even has feats already because usually in Gundam series, one complaint that a lot of newcomers and I guess regular fans have is that our main characters would never have stepped into a mobile suit (And especially a Gundam at that) before in their lives or would only know theory about using them, yet when they step in into one they would already know how pilot it and can actually kill and fight with seasoned soldiers - This series fixed that problem right away with the whole nervous system synchronization thingy (Forgot the name) and I fucking love it for that

The battle scenes stayed very fluent yet again this week and I like that both sides managed to perfrom pretty well....The serious tone is handled really well too and I really feel bad after seeing how many people died as well as the state of Mars in general....Seeing Orga allow himself get beaten by that disgusting commander of theirs (I hope that cunt dies painfully) pissed me off too

In regards to Atra, I really like how nice she is but for some reason I can see that she's going to die at some point....This a Gundam series so I know it's going to happen lol....Mika and Orga's relationship is great as usual and I always laugh at how Mika just knows...The kid just knows that he and Orga are in sync lol but I'd hate to see if the day ever comes where they go against each other

Overall it was a great episode and I can't wait to see more....I feel really bad for that Lieutenant guy too because he's truly a decent guy at heart..Also, I'm liking how they're handling the princess, keep it up Sunrise!
TokoyaOct 11, 2015 9:34 AM
Oct 11, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2015
Feels to me that to develop Mika's character, the story writer is going to make Orga do something he doesn't agree with, and putting the two at odds, so as to indicate Mika's growing independence. That being said, Mika is definitely shown to be the main character, considering the amount of screen time he gets, which i kinda dislike. I find him rather boring to watch with his rather 1-dimensional "cool" personality and all the cliches that seem to go into his character. It's like that he's meant to be the ultimate badass by having talent, a rather philosophical mind, and a calm demeanor. Never found such characters enjoyable as the main character.
Oct 11, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
hoopla123 said:
Great episode.

I'm quite digging the Barbatos design. Doesn't seem as OP as the Freedom or Exia or Wing and looks kind of more barbaric.

Overall, great episode and like where the anime is headed.
Same, the Barbatos looks like the child of a viking and a samurai. It even makes me forget it has a super thin waist.
Oct 11, 2015 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
cupc said:
A very solid episode. I'm loving the characters and their interaction with each other, especially the relationship the princess and the black haired kid has. Hopefully they will come to terms with each other as the show progresses

One thing that has surprised me so far is how the war drama actually works. It's believable, unlike so often in modern anime

I told u, drama and mecha go together like bread and butter.

Really loved the episode, very nice set up for future events and some characters relationship development. Everything was done very tastefully.

Also, I must add how much I adore the Barbatos design. For once the main mecha looks a bit more menacing and dangerous not like some magnified toy robot.
Oct 11, 2015 9:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DeathMetalTettey said:
Rank those prostitutes

Ponytail > Midriff girl > Pink Dress > Short hair
They're kids bro :|
Oct 11, 2015 9:40 AM

Sep 2015
Biscuit, Cookie, Cracker eh? I'm curious what their parents names are...

Not really impressed with the OP and ED sequence but loving the OP. Also, how old is Mikazuki anyway? It's either he's really young or naturally a midget (I'm guessing the later).

Hm... This series reminds me of Break Blade...
Oct 11, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode.

Mikazuki again was harsh as f*** with the princess.
Oct 11, 2015 10:05 AM

Sep 2014
This will probably one of my favorite Gundams, can tell by the music :D
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 11, 2015 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
another fun episode. never can get enough of those fantastic ground battles. barbatos is also badass without being too OP and man, Mika is such a bro.

if I have to complain about one thing it would probably be the dialogue. Okada's fable for hammy and cheesy lines unfortunately drags the mood a bit. especially lines like 'you wanted to die in large breasts' feel kinda out of place.
Oct 11, 2015 10:55 AM
Jun 2015
Fun episode. The mech battles looked sweet. Also, that opening is so dope.
Oct 11, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2014
Good Characters and voice acting
Good Visuals
Good Soundtrack
Good Story
Good Action

Not much to complain about so far
Oct 11, 2015 11:11 AM

Apr 2012
Another great episode. Say what you will about the author's past works, but the script is pretty good so far minus the awkward boob joke that came out of no where lol. I hope the animation quality stays consistent.

Oct 11, 2015 11:24 AM
Oct 2010
Loved it.. many parts I really liked were

- Them giving a reasonable explanation for the MCs ability to pilot the Gundam
- Some minor character development (MC and his buddies being illiterate)
- They are using actual tactics in the battles (running over to the retreating enemy force prevent the enemy MS from using their full fire power on him). Points for the ruthlessness of this tactic.
- Setup a reasonable scenario for the enemy to retreat.

If they can continue and not go full retard then I can safely say this might be the AOTS for me.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

284 by Pe11etS »»
Apr 8, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.