Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 10, 2015 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn now that was overgrown centipede like monster they found there...

Took some teamwork but it was all good.
Good theme song and OST used for this episode as well.

Looking forward to more of this show as the world fiction maintains its resourcefulness. I also kinda like the style of the OP song for the season.
Stark700Oct 10, 2015 10:29 AM
Oct 10, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2012
A far better episode than the first.
I didn't feel like it had pacing problem like the first half of episode 1 had, and I thought it did a good job at adapting the game. No bad cuts and the new/changed scenes were good.
I liked how Ukon was far more involved in the fight and how much more sudden the death were.

And I liked how one can see Aruru and Kamyu in the opening. They are very small though so one can't see them clearly, but one can see Aruru's hair and Kamyu's black wings.
Oct 10, 2015 11:06 AM

Jan 2012
Still lovin' the overall atmosphere as we head into a more action heavy outing. Bug exterminatin's our theme this week. Luckily Steve McQueen lent Haku and Kuon The Blob to take care of things. :D Notably, said curse seemed to flee at the sight of Haku. Loved Kuon saving Haku too, they're so cute together. And Haku's a math whiz! Who knew? :D
Oct 10, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
Aaah...what a good episode. I'm in love with this series
Oct 10, 2015 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode for this series. It's definitely made a very strong start, as I had expected. OP and ED are good now that we've heard them, but I do prefer the song from the game PV from way, way back to the OP that we actually got. I'm interested in the fact that the Curse recognised Haku, but I don't know if that will come up again at any point or not. Well, with this series being what it is, I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't. I'm also interested in that fan that Kuon gave to Haku and the fact that she called it a lucky charm. I wonder if Eruru or someone passed it down through generations until it eventually reached her? Although, maybe it's just a different fan and I'm thinking too much into it.

Also, was that Hakuoro in the OP, or was that just Haku in a mask and different clothes? It's surprisingly hard to tell the difference between the two.
Oct 10, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
Oh come on, how could they make a crappy jpop opening. First Utawarerumono had really good and unique opening and ending, this is the same crap you hear in every anime. Even Suara couldn't make it sound good.

That comic relieve character was pretty horrible as well. This episode was just bad. It was a huge disappointment after a really good pilot.

Mod Edit: spoiler removed.
rodacOct 11, 2015 3:44 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 10, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
Not a bad fantasy setting we have got here ... teamwork was cool.
But that Mathematics speed, Haku is another genius I guess :>
I am more interested why did the tatari/curse go away after seeing Haku's face .. I think that would be explained or broadened after some episodes, can't wait.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 10, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
That magic casting sequence... I need to see more of those! xD

Ukon being able to destroy terrain just like that, it was cool seeing some action this episode, though the gigiri attack was quite sudden.

Haku has the brains and Ukon along with Kuon has the physical ability, not often do we get to see a guy getting carried like that!

Using the curse like that, that blob like entity... and wow, Haku is building up his physical stamina already.

Ukon is becoming quite the interesting character himself, being this strong and having a bunch of people with him too does make him stand out in a place like this. Looking forward to more.
Oct 10, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2009
It felt very irresponsible of both Haku and Kuon of not telling them of the boro-gigiri they encountered in more detail. Haku can be excused since he assumed that they would be able to handle the boro-gigiri since he had never seen the smaller ones before - and they rest of the group acted like they would be able to handle it.

Kuon, on the other hand. could've told the leader of the boro-gigiri they had escaped from. They might have better prepared if she did, and perhaps, avoided with less casualties.
Oct 10, 2015 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
semtex said:
It felt very irresponsible of both Haku and Kuon of not telling them of the boro-gigiri they encountered in more detail. Haku can be excused since he assumed that they would be able to handle the boro-gigiri since he had never seen the smaller ones before - and they rest of the group acted like they would be able to handle it.

Kuon, on the other hand. could've told the leader of the boro-gigiri they had escaped from. They might have better prepared if she did, and perhaps, avoided with less casualties.

Kuon didn't know about the boro-giri, when she arrived to save Haku, it had already melted away.
In the game, Haku misunderstood and didn't know about the difference between boro and ordinary giri, but when the group understood that Haku meant that he had been attacked by the Boro, it was too late.
Oct 10, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
"Ok, everyone go back to the village, except for you three misfits, you're staying here with me to serve as bait."
What was the brilliant plan? Hope the plot armor kicked in and saved you?

I got kinda excited when the first guy died but then that excitement kinda died off as soon as they sent everyone away, eh.

And I think that dude just splitted a mountain, wut.

I'm liking this quite a bit, hope they actually animate fights later on, and if MC is going to think of a plan to win everytime I seriously hope they put some thought into his plans.
Oct 10, 2015 12:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pretty nice OP we got there and it raises a lot of interesting questions for me too

For a scholar that new dude is pretty stupid lol but alas, he showed that he knows his shit and quite frankly is really funny so I liked him a lot espcially because of that magic sequence scene xD

The leader guy is pretty badass though and I loved seeing his fight scenes and I really love his personality. The ending scene was really nice too and it made me smile to see how solemn he and Haku were about the deaths of their comrades

Those advanced mathematical skills by Haku showed that he is really intelligent which impressed me a lot and I also liked how he showed that he has decent strategic skills as well as how he got the same iconic type of weapon as Hakuoro but alas he's still unique personality wise and I hope that part of him never changes lol

Kuon was great as usual too....Overall it was a great episode and even though the gore wasn't as detailed as I was hoping it would be, it was still good nonetheless
TokoyaOct 10, 2015 12:36 PM
Oct 10, 2015 12:20 PM

Jul 2007
Interesting to see Haku being a genius too just like Hakuoro was. Nice to see a strategist MC who is not flawless and who can't fight that well but sure as hell can lead and direct others.
Also getting Hakuoro's fan. Wonder why Kuon would even have something like that in her possession in the first place. Wouldn't someone like Eruru want to keep it as a memento or something? Then again, Kuon seems to know more than she is telling anyway.

Also interesting that the slime backed away after noticing Haku. Surprised it did not attack them in rage considering everything.

Overall this had even more bits and pieces only understandable with the first game/anime plot in mind. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I guess the shit will start to get real-er and real-er when they hit the capital and get involved in some shit just like it always goes.

Paulo27 said:

Different strengths for different species.

There's a character and race in this verse that can literally rip people into pieces with sheer strength.
semtex said:

Kuon only saw the slime.
Haku did not know the difference between gigiri and boro-gigiri.
Oct 10, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
another great episode, good
:3
Oct 10, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2013
Haku gets the metal fan~

I have a feeling he was some sort of scientist before he lost his memories. Also Kuon can seriously kick ass with her athletic abilities.
Oct 10, 2015 12:42 PM
Mar 2014
Another great episode, realy like it so far, great OST!
Oct 10, 2015 12:42 PM

Sep 2010
I can so much more appreciate the series after seeing the old adaptation. The metal fan enter the play!

I really wonder whatever this series will also turn into series that resolves around countries and wars. So far however the series is developing the way I originally though that the first series would develop while seeing the first episodes.

BTW is Kuon a ninja? She was jumping on those rocks while rescuing Haku like a boss.

Ukon also has some OP skills and he is also generally very good character.

All in All I am still in love with this anime setting and atmosphere, and I am really wondering how will this series develop. It's good that it's 25 episodes series just like the old version.
Oct 10, 2015 12:54 PM
Jan 2011
Well, I guess compared to episode 1 this episode was better. And the animations are seriously an improvement over the horrible CG graphics of season 1. I still have a feeling though that the animations of the game are somewhat better. Overall was disappointed because I already spoiled my self by watching the game.

They left out what I thought was the best part of the whole gigiri arc. In the game Kuon insisted to bring Haku together to the gigiri subjugation so that he could get some easily earned battle experience. Haku after getting explained what gigiri's are misunderstood and thought everyone meant the big guy (boro-gigiri). Thanks to this misunderstanding Haku was scared shitless the whole journey and everyone else couldn't get how he can be such a coward. After the first battle he went to talk to everyone explaining that he thought they were up against much bigger bugs, after which everyone's faces grow terribly pale all of a sudden because of the realization. And with that timing the boro-gigiri appeared. I seriously wanted to see their faces at that moment. For me that was the highlight of the subjugation arc. So I'm seriously disappointed that they left out the that part.

Also I don't quite understand if Haku is super weak or the others just super strong (it wouldn't be all that strange considering that they are genetically engineered). At least from watching the video game it was kinda ambiguous.
Oct 10, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
So Haku is a genius. Nice! Loving his character quite a lot...

And he's surrounded by mystery. Like how the Curse looked at him then decided to leave.

Lol'd at how he reacted to Kuon having a herb that doesn't sting XD

Kuon was so cute and useful throughout. I'm loving her more and more <3 Her "Kana" is kawaii

And Ukon is awesome.
Oct 10, 2015 1:10 PM

Feb 2015
*BANG!!!* HEAD GONE.
DAMMINT!! I didn't see that one coming. i thought there will be no brutal scene in this anime. and i didn't thought there will be some action too. Great. i like this one.
The op was so nice too. Love it
Oct 10, 2015 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
Can't help but wonder if
Still a bit bitter about the sequel being released exclusively on PS3/4/V and not on PC.

Oct 10, 2015 1:17 PM

Sep 2015
Lackluster said:
Can't help but wonder if
Still a bit bitter about the sequel being released exclusively on PS3/4/V and not on PC.

Nope
Very great spoiler.
rodacOct 11, 2015 3:57 PM
Oct 10, 2015 1:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man this just made me want to play the new VN so badly

Can already visualized how that must've played out as an in-game mission or two
Oct 10, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
Nayout said:
Lackluster said:
Can't help but wonder if

Nope
Very great spoiler.

Ah, makes sense. As bizarre as it may sound: thanks for the spoiler :)
rodacOct 11, 2015 3:58 PM

Oct 10, 2015 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,
Kuon would be the perfect wife...
The action was really nice in this episode
jose21Oct 10, 2015 2:07 PM
Oct 10, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
Tevens said:
*BANG!!!* HEAD GONE.
DAMMINT!! I didn't see that one coming. i thought there will be no brutal scene in this anime. and i didn't thought there will be some action too. Great. i like this one.

You really don't see the first season, its far more blooding than this one for now...

Of course both seasons starts on slowing pace though
Oct 10, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2007
Tevens said:
*BANG!!!* HEAD GONE.

You really did not see the first show then.

Expecting this to be calm and not-gory is the most ridiculous thing ever.
Oct 10, 2015 2:12 PM

Jun 2011
So I am pretty sure that was Hakuoro's fan that Haku was given. Now lets see him use it even half as well as Hakuoro used it.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 10, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
Slicer22 said:
So I am pretty sure that was Hakuoro's fan that Haku was given. Now lets see him use it even half as well as Hakuoro used it.

TBH hakuoro used his brains more than his fan. And this guy is already well on his way to use his too.
Oct 10, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
The animation is awesome but the first "season" had a better start, also that dude just SPLIT A MOUNTAIN! Also Haku is waaay too weak in this show compared to the other one.
Better episode than the first. Better pacing and very funny.
Read Toriko!
Oct 10, 2015 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
I really like how Kuon reacted to the herb that did not sting!
Oct 10, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2014
Good ep, love the overall atmosphere of this series.

Not so keen on the CGI though, but what can you do :P

OP/ED were both nice too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Paulo27 said:

Different strengths for different species.

There's a character and race in this verse that can literally rip people into pieces with sheer strength.
I think anyone who can slice a mountain with a half broken sword can also do that without much of a problem. >_>
Oct 10, 2015 5:04 PM

Jun 2008
I hate centipedes D: I think I'm going to have nightmares.

But I really enjoyed this episode. I think I like Kuon more than Eruru. This will definitely be one of my favorite shows this season.
Oct 10, 2015 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
The OP & ED i love it!

Enjoy this episode. The action are pretty good. Look like next they began the journey to capital city.
Oct 10, 2015 5:18 PM

May 2015
Man, what a great episode. Really liking this show, Kuon and other characters so far. That Ukon's also a pretty strong one. Great music. Looking forward to more!

Oct 10, 2015 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode. That mountain was like more than 5 miles away. I don't know how she ran there and back so fast. I hope they develop a nice relationship.
Oct 10, 2015 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
I still don't know. The only thing that was good this time was that grave scene in the end. Everything else was just... pretty average.

And why do they put in such an annoying character as ... is beyond me. He is basically Jar Jar Binks of this anime. Really don't know why they are going for such comedy relief characters so early in the game.

Well, I like the music and OP/ED at least. But the plot was pretty subpar this time, it was essentially just enemy of the week episode. I really miss believability and seriousness of the previous series. Whatever was that stupid rock-cutting slash? o_O

Don't think I need to say how I also miss first Umono characters, just about everyone there was interesting, distinctive and lovable, be it Oboro, Benawi, Touka, Karura, Urotoryi or Yuzuha. Here... I really don't know. It almost seems they are trying too hard to make them just usual archetypes (save for MC perhaps).

This series really lacks some "magic" of the previous one. There are some good elements but it's way too bland overall. Even death of that soldier was just shocking... but his character wasn't even fleshed out well so there was almost no emotional impact in the end. I understand they want to show how merciless this world is but thiis maybe wasn't the right way to do it.

They really should tone done the moe and comedy and remember why the first series (or the game) truly shined - it was mainly because of well-thought story, clever use of battle tactics and interesting character stories.

I really hope that this anime dynamic changes when they reach the capital else this would be pretty agonizing to watch.
Mich666Oct 10, 2015 6:59 PM
Oct 10, 2015 8:00 PM
Aug 2015
I really enjoyed this episode. I am really liking the art and at lesst we have some nice action. The opening and ending themes are really good to listen to.
Oct 10, 2015 8:05 PM

Feb 2012
Nayout said:
Lackluster said:
Can't help but wonder if

Nope
Very great spoiler.

I thought to myself that
by just giving it to a random stranger
rodacOct 11, 2015 4:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
Wow so far my favorite anime of the season. Really takes me back to the "prequel". And Haku receiving that fan we all know and love ヽ(・∀・)ノ

..... Aw the memories...
Oct 10, 2015 8:28 PM
Aug 2015
phantom346 said:
The animation is awesome but the first "season" had a better start, also that dude just SPLIT A MOUNTAIN! Also Haku is waaay too weak in this show compared to the other one.
Better episode than the first. Better pacing and very funny.

It's not that he's too weak, he doesn't have the mask.

In other words, our MC Haku, is a 100% pure human with no mask, so is weak as fuck.

What I want to know, is how was Benawi so strong?

Mod Note: spoiler tags added on detailed world building spoilers from first series. Please don't discuss the origins of this world until after they are revealed in this series.
rodacOct 11, 2015 4:04 PM
Oct 10, 2015 8:31 PM

Feb 2014
Dayyum I'm loving this series already :D
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 10, 2015 8:44 PM

Mar 2015
I love the OP and ED... Ukon is such a badass though, spliting mountains like a mf. Haku's expressions are really funny and this episode shows he slowly matures as an MC while Kuon continues to be an action girl. Maroro was very funny and I can't wait til they head to the capital the next episode. I think Kuon is desperate to find Haku a job.

Maybe Kuon's giving that fan to Haku because he reminds her of Hakuoro? Meh.

Spoiler about Kuon.
IritailsOct 10, 2015 8:50 PM
Oct 10, 2015 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
This is an awesome anime, I watched the first season all in one night.. And what actually impresses me is that we are given on what this world is like and that there are others like the original Haku.. Anyways, Kuon is cute haha XD
Oct 10, 2015 9:34 PM

Jul 2009
I'm getting goosebumps from how good this is becoming >.<

Haku is the best. "Don't screw up...seriously don't"

Also the scene where that guy died right in front of Haku...i wasn't expecting that. I was just there admiring the looks of an average looking dude and thinking how sweet he was and then BAM man dies...T-T it was nice they had the memorial thing for him at the end.
InugirlzOct 10, 2015 9:38 PM
Oct 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
animefan8800 said:
Still lovin' the overall atmosphere as we head into a more action heavy outing. Bug exterminatin's our theme this week. Luckily Steve McQueen lent Haku and Kuon The Blob to take care of things. :D Notably, said curse seemed to flee at the sight of Haku. Loved Kuon saving Haku too, they're so cute together. And Haku's a math whiz! Who knew? :D

Yeah he's really smart
Oct 10, 2015 10:22 PM

Jun 2014
Iritails said:
I love the OP and ED... Ukon is such a badass though, spliting mountains like a mf. Haku's expressions are really funny and this episode shows he slowly matures as an MC while Kuon continues to be an action girl. Maroro was very funny and I can't wait til they head to the capital the next episode. I think Kuon is desperate to find Haku a job.

Maybe Kuon's giving that fan to Haku because he reminds her of Hakuoro? Meh.

Spoiler about Kuon.

You are partly right.

So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 10, 2015 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode. The action was good and the OST fit well.

It looks like haku got a fan that was possibly hakuro's.
Oct 10, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
Kuon's is kawai. Perfect wife.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.