Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aria The Avvenire Episode 3 Discussion

Jul 13, 2016 4:22 PM
(Gamer)

This makes me wish for more Aria... 9/10

Jul 13, 2016 6:26 PM

Damn... dat last scene
Amano-sensei just give us official ARIA's pairing couple please!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 14, 2016 4:28 AM

Aw, so many great memories. I'll probably watch the whole series for the fifth time at the end of the year again. 9/10 for this.

The two new girls were also pretty nice. I'd watch a series about them and Ai-chan.

Jul 14, 2016 8:35 AM

The juniors didn't get much spotlight.
"When I am White, I win because I am White. When I am Black, I win because I am Bogoljubov"

Jul 14, 2016 12:48 PM

Oh man, that episode was simply amazing. So many feels, so much nostalgia.

And I didn't thought that just three new episodes of Aria will give me so heavy PADS...

Jul 14, 2016 1:25 PM

Very beautiful ending :)

Jul 14, 2016 4:45 PM

And that's it, right?
Never more again another Aria, and that's ok.

Alicia agrees with me, that Akari it's the "best". For me Akari is not just "best character", the one "I like the most".
For me Akari is akin to a deity. If the faith of only one is enough to bring to existence a divine being, then Akari is an goddess I could and would adore, not just because I like, more because I need. I have a very negative soul, every moment of Akari in Aria gives me peace.

Jul 14, 2016 5:38 PM
clannadlover said:
Guys, something doesn't make sense. How is Alice a Undine Trainee before Akari? Iirc she was still a double when they first met her right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Orange Planet kept her as a Pair because she was still a student.
She was always the brightest prospect, so they promoted her straight to Prima once she graduated. She was the first to do so ever.

Jul 14, 2016 6:53 PM

Forgot this anime existed for a second there, and I also forgot how peaceful, pretty, deep and calming this is. And so, so, so, SO FREAKING SWEET. The scenery, animation, music, and voice acting are all so beautiful.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Jul 15, 2016 3:33 PM

It's like characters reminiscence about actual Aria rather than actually add to it. No horoscopes, no epiphany and also nothing done with the two new undines. Not bad, but not something I needed to see. Somewhat of a glorified recap.

Jul 17, 2016 1:30 AM
They fully wrecked my emotions. Literally cried for like maybe ten minutes of this. Then Athena began to sing which I predicted but it still just destroyed what was left of me at that point.

I hate the fact that this is a perfect ending because I still want more Aria but

everything must eventually come to an end...

Jul 17, 2016 11:41 AM
I really did not expect new Aria anime.. Origination has good ending. Avvenire makes it better.

It's sad poor Athena can't join the party.. I wonder if the seiyuu is still alive, she'll be there with the others?

I noticed the new Himeya newbie's name is Azusa McLaren. A car name like Akira Ferari?
If Aika has a car name too it would be perfect.. or is Granzchesta actually a car name?
And for someone who didn't notice(Aria fans must have notice this), all the characters name start with 'A'.

I like how the ending shows the each generation characters.
Alicia is as tall as the grandma, will old alicia become like this too?
Modified by LeonLanford, Jul 17, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 19, 2016 12:11 PM

Oh God. That moment when Athena starts singing Lumis Eterne... This episode destroyed me... Such a beautiful end to this little OVA.

Also after knowing what happened to Athena's Seiyuu and Vocalist, this line hit me so hard in the feels ;_;

Jul 21, 2016 8:26 PM

The way they reused scenes of the graduation from the Origination + Athena singing were way too nostalgic for me to tingle my emotions right there.

Well just as Akari said, saying goodbye to this wonderful series is definitely lonely but is also a nice thing though since it just shows the proof of our deep love in this miracle we're watching, something we keep in ourselves forever. Well that's just last episode in a nutshell for me being a proper sendoff to a miraculous series. Goodbye Aqua and thanks for all those memories we built along the way, definitely a treasure to keep.

Jul 21, 2016 11:18 PM

TheGamerGod333 said:
They fully wrecked my emotions. Literally cried for like maybe ten minutes of this. Then Athena began to sing which I predicted but it still just destroyed what was left of me at that point.

I hate the fact that this is a perfect ending because I still want more Aria but

everything must eventually come to an end...

This pretty much mirrors what i was going to post.

Jul 23, 2016 10:09 PM

Dammit, Aria. You did it again. This is the perfect supplemental material post-Origination. A true farewell episode that’s very well done.

I really liked that we got more insight into Alicia's transition towards being a representative (?) for the Gondola Association. We also finally see the entire crew reunited (with a Grandma appearance too!).
All is fun until we get to the point where we have to part ways and say our goodbyes. Everything was so fitting. From Alicia's uncertainty about the future to Akari's affirmation of existence from our sad emotions.

The moment in Alicia's memory where she was saying goodbye to everyone had me crying. Even though it was obvious Athena was going to debut in song, she just had to sing her rendition of Alice's canzone (Lumis Eterne). Memories from Origination made it difficult for me to hold back any additional tears.

This episode made me bump up my original score. Avvenire is great for fans with a deep affinity with this series. I didn’t expect much from this OVA, but I’m glad I finished it. Thank you, Junichi Satou. Let's go towards that miraculous future!

Jul 27, 2016 4:51 AM
This is the very first time we hear Athena's rendition of Lumis Eterne, isn't this?
I don't remember hearing it anywhere else, nor find an album/ OST of it.

On a lighter note ... how the heck ...

Modified by LGrey, Jul 27, 2016 4:57 AM

Jul 27, 2016 8:16 AM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

Alicia sleeping at the table defines Sleeping Beauty". She looked divine in that scene.

I loved what the 3 new single girls did, it really was a miracle since they managed to bring all 3 Primas together and even the older generation.

When it comes to my favorite pair, Akari/Alicia will always be my favorite. Reason being is because Alicia's reason to leaving the company in Akari's hands but also because the patience Alicia had with Akari.

Long hair Athena to me doesn't really fit, mainly because I prefer short hair Athena. Her song at the end was such a perfect way to close the chapter to this amazing series. There really isn't much this show can do without it getting repetitive. Unless they decide to focus on Ai, Azusa and Anya and their daily lives.

Aug 4, 2016 9:06 AM

And sure enough, the miracle of Aria strikes again. It felt like yesterday that I was first anticipating Avvenire's release and now here I am, a year later, at the end of the journey. That really takes me to the main theme that I took away from Origination - how the passage of time is subtle but substantial.

Really it's those subtle moments that make this so special. When Alice shouts "Gondola passing through!" and smiles at the new singles, I thought about how those are two things that she never would have been able to do at the beginning of Aria. A gathering of the four generations of Undine couldn't have been a more appropriate way to go. I especially loved getting more insight into how Alicia's unexpected encounter with Akari led her to wonderful memories both as a mentor and best friend. I really have to go back to Grandma's quote though:

"The miraculous thing is that a wish you never thought would come true will change its form and sneak up on you. That's something to look forward to."

Just another wonderful theme of optimism and how just because one dream can't be fulfilled doesn't mean that it can't find a different way into your life.

Of course the moment when Athena sang was very captivating and all the more emotional considering her seiyuu has passed away. Singing about the orange sky was very appropriate for her and those flashbacks to how Alice, Aika, and Akari became primas drove it all home.

As the credits rolled, I felt tears swelling up. I didn't want to say goodbye. But I thought back to what Akari said - that sadness and loneliness can be proof of happiness. This transformed my farewell to Aria into one of great joy and I bid it goodbye with a great smile. Truly a miracle.

9.5/10 for Avvenire.

Sep 10, 2016 7:13 PM

And once again i cried. Beautiful episode.
Thank you Once again Amano Sensei for giving the chance of this last encounter.
And this time is the final goodbye. I am sad that this is finally over but at the same time i am also happy. Just like Akari said "Goodbye is always sad. But it is a nice thing because sadness is also Proof of happiness".
Once again, Goodbye and thank you ARIA, my favorite anime.

Sep 12, 2016 8:27 AM

I just wanted to see the new generation in action, didn't expect to get hit by the most powerful and emotional moments of Origination again. Had to pause it several times because I couldn't get over the promotion scenes.
This isn't just another OVA, this is the perfect epilogue to a wonderful trilogy. Although I could watch many more episodes of Aria, I'm somehow relieved that the show is over, at its very peak. Goodbye Aria!

Oct 1, 2016 6:14 AM

Beautiful as the final, narratively he said much, much more than I imagined, it went to touch themes that had not yet explored and will one episode more than good came out. Really deep in the dialogues and tips that have ensued. Besides that has also been enhanced in terms of graphics by a series of really beautiful scenery, I could feel how much poetry. Magnificent conclusion to this series of OVA, I already miss the characters in this anime.

7+1 (ep. 3)/10

Oct 10, 2016 5:40 PM

So this episode was mostly just the characters reminiscing. Not necessarily bad but I was hoping for more new content. Overall a 7/10 for me.

Oct 14, 2016 12:53 PM

What a perfect conclusion... I agree with Aria's philosophy so much it hurts. In-fact Aria might have helped shape it up without me knowing about it. The whole concept of sadness and loneliness was on-spot. loved everyone this episode esp. my bias Aika... All those flashback, memories. The kouhais arranging a party. Memories. Memories. Memories... And a future. I love Aria, it really is one of a kind.

10/10 i just. I love. Thanks for making this, really. I can't appreciate it enough, words can't express my love for it.
Modified by TragicRomance, Oct 14, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 14, 2016 5:06 AM
Beautiful as ever, the only thing that would have put the cherry on the top for me is if at somepoint in the 3 episodes they let us know or hinted at how things are going with Aika & Al and Akari & Akatsuki. I know romance wasn't a huge part of the series, I would just love to see how things are going or are Aika & Akari going to do what Alica and Anna did and not do anything until they retire from being a Undine?

Nov 14, 2016 7:56 AM
Also I love the way they work in the last meeting with Cait Sith from the manga considering in the Manga
Modified by Keiradeadgirl, Nov 14, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 3, 2016 7:58 PM
really loved those 3 specials

Jan 9, 2017 3:47 PM

A nice party.
Athena looked great in that dress.

Jan 27, 2017 6:14 PM

Gonna miss this show...it's been a wonderfual amazing experience. Truly thankful for this new ova and thankful for this series. Probably my favorite anime. I'm going to miss this show.

Feb 13, 2017 4:37 PM

Hello everyone,
Sorry if this is necroposting somehow,

But I wanted to share a poem I've happen to write after watching Avvenire. Please don't take too hard on me - English is not my native language.
This poems takes inspiration from
1) Lewis Carroll's A boat beneath a sunny sky, his famous tribute to Alice Liddell, since Aria is strongly connected with Alice in Wonderland. Note that mine is acrostic too.
2) Avvenire ED Piacere lyrics,
3) Smile Again, Aria The Natural ED lyrics.
It is also a bit, in some very specific way, polemic.

Suggestions on improving the poem, if they happen to be, are humbly and gratefully accepted =).

A boat beneath a quiet sunset sky,
Key to the land, where life and wonders lie,
A form in white, so gently passing by -

Row ever down the golden evening stream,
It's you, the purest one of all the stars to gleam,
My light and guide, midsummer's shining dream.

It's you who taught me hope, and shown me ahead
Spellbound way, eternal holy thread,
Unseen, yet it no farewell can shred -

Not even if we part. An evil wind may blow,
And carry us away, and turn around the flow -
Still we will meet again. No higher hope I know.

However sky may pale, however sun may hide,
I won't leave you. I'm always by your side.

Mar 27, 2017 9:39 AM

A perfect conclusion for an amazing anime.

To that far away future...

Apr 6, 2017 3:23 PM

Utter perfection/10. Truly a miracle indeed.

Apr 11, 2017 10:47 PM

cried like a little bitch and will always cry like a little bitch. 100/10 will cry like a bitch everytime.

Apr 28, 2017 10:22 PM

Quality posts on this thread.

Special thanks to Doremi and the fansubbers who did the OVAs, without them then this extra content wouldn't have been as seen by many.

Like others have said, this is truly the perfect epilogue for the series. Avvenire felt like a small reunion and full of nostalgia. When it's time to leave, Avvenire reminds the audience messages to continue carrying on towards a good future. So optimistic, so Aria. Good-bye Aria, towards that miraculous future we go.

10/10

Modified by FestivalsOfComfy, Apr 28, 2017 10:26 PM

Jun 10, 2017 10:24 AM

I wouldn't mind to see this as a full series with new singles. More Aria is always welcomed! And it's a good thing they didn't go overboard with the CGI. Still looked off to me thou but nothing major.

Sep 20, 2017 4:14 PM

''Now it's time to go towards our futures''

I teared up when the ED started after alicia's speech, it took me by surprise, i wasn't expecting it to be over already... it was 27 minutes but it barely felt like 10 :(

I really hope they will bring the series back with the new girls as main characters. Come on i know it's possible. This anime is out of this world, it's unique ...

Gonna miss them but i keep my faith for new episodes, and gonna keep in mind the beautiful words this episode provided.

5/5 and 10/10, barely the 8th title that gets the perfect score in almost 8 years of watching anime
Modified by clannad4ever, Sep 20, 2017 4:17 PM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Jan 16, 2018 7:59 PM

Wow, I really liked this, precisely being the very reason that most critics disliked Avvenire. The best aspects of the show was Alicia getting a desire to train an undine after seeing her friends do likewise. I've always wondered exactly how Akari managed to get the prestigious job as effective owner of a 'landmark' undine company that any of the street undine could've achieved and for far less training and expenses. This explains it perfectly. As usual, Akari's enthusiasm wins people over. The second aspect was comparing how Akari's own way of running Aria company and as a senior compared to Alicia. Akari is not the type that can be like Alicia and build high deified admiration as a prima. I don't see this happening now or later. Akari, as her name implies, Aquamarine, is much like a warm tender envelopment of inviting waves. A rare friend that you can make an instant connnection with, so much that you let all your stress and fear wash away along the canals of Neo-Venecia.

I guess in the end they thought, of the two options of finding new mysteries on a timeless old bridge that encaptured the heart of Neo-Venicia, or building a spanking new bridge, they decided to go with the former.

If they had the budget, of course the latter had more potential, they didn't, so I agree with their decisions to not mess around with what worked and further explore the theme of continual change with more emphasis on the importance of the past.

In saying that, I don't pretend that there isn't a massive issue of the next generation of Undines being totally ignored and their character quirks became mere fake poor imitations having to make way for further fleshing out 'the second generation' after Grandma. One can't help but see that Ai, Anya and Azusa were forced unto the stage as reassurance of Avvenire.
Modified by Rosny, Jan 16, 2018 8:10 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.

May 2, 7:36 AM

Each one of these episodes was very touching and emotional. One thing that was a real downer was Athena, though. ._.

No SoL has captured my heart like this one. I didn't expect to cry, but I ended up crying both happy and sad tears.

Jul 22, 9:35 AM

Maybe I have missed something, but it has never turned out what was the request the Gondola Association made of Alicia that was for the sake of the Undines in the future and similarly we never got to know what part of the Prima system they referred to that Alicia worked so hard to change. It seemed something important.
Modified by Ishitateso, Jul 22, 8:25 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]