Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see everyone get together in one place thanks to the newbies but the highlight of this episode was definitely seeing flashbacks of Akari's recruitment to her graduation from Alicia's pov.

I've always considered Akari's graduation to Prima to be the most emotional part of the series, and seeing everything from Alicia's pov complimented it so well and made it so much better. Can't help but tear up every time I watched it.
Dec 30, 2015 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
It's impossible to not fall in love with this series. Very hard to accept that it's all over now but these OVAs exceeded my expectations and I'm just thankful that we got more content.
Jun 24, 2016 10:38 PM

Nov 2013
Gosh, what a beautiful episode.

to sum it up, It's last chapter of the manga + things from three juniors do.

It's better to watch it when someone finally upload it rather tell you what the episode is about.
Jul 3, 2016 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
lovely as usual.

time to switch to amanchu
bruh
Jul 3, 2016 6:44 AM

May 2010
Now I can watch Amanchu in peace.
Jul 11, 2016 12:25 AM
Jan 2013
That was nostalgic
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jul 11, 2016 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
It's out.

Sasuga Doremi.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jul 11, 2016 1:37 AM

Jun 2015
It was nice to see all of those events from Alicia's perspective.

Even nicer to finally see this subbed. Loved it.
Jul 11, 2016 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
got fainted when heard Athena's Lumis Eterne

just awoke and I have to continue the last 5 minutes
Jul 11, 2016 3:19 AM

May 2012
There are only a few series where the atmosphere completely overwhelms me with feels! Really beautiful as expected and it felt so nostalgic as well.

It's just so sad to know this will probably be the last episode of the franchise, but even then I must say it was absolutely superbly executed, putting every aspect of finishing a franchise in the right light!

I really don't have too much words on this other than it being totally amazing!
Jul 11, 2016 4:26 AM
Aug 2009
Guys, something doesn't make sense. How is Alice a Undine Trainee before Akari? Iirc she was still a double when they first met her right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Jul 11, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
noooooo it's ended (ಥ﹏ಥ)

just look at this

beautiful!
Jul 11, 2016 7:24 AM

Mar 2008
I cried like 3 times during this episode... T-T
Alicia's speech in particular was amazing.. I think I will rewatch Aria again in the near future..
Jul 11, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2012
clannadlover said:
Guys, something doesn't make sense. How is Alice a Undine Trainee before Akari? Iirc she was still a double when they first met her right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

just had a look at that scene again, alice is still a double. so it still fits with the continuity. IIRC its never really stated who began undiine training first out of alice/aika.

that was fantastic. such a shame thats it for aria. seeing this makes me want a remaster of this quality for the entire series. wouldn't that be nice. Knowing what became of both of athena's VA's made some of the lines in the episode have a much deeper impact, and athenas song at the end was somewhat haunting.
Jul 11, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
I'm gonna miss this so much...
the perfect slice of life.
Jul 11, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2012
this ep in one line
Jul 11, 2016 11:38 AM

Oct 2012
The nostalgia was too much for me in this finale. I finally broke down when Athena started to sing Lumis Eterne ;_;

In a way this is the perfect end to this series I cherish more than any other. It might not be as climatic or as solid as Origination's was, but it is resolute and it does give a sense of completion. I'm glad these 3 specials were decided to be made, but now I have to part ways with the miraculous world of Aria yet again. Until I rewatch it all over again of course.
Jul 11, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
I find the lack of Anzu, Atora, & Ayumi quite disturbing.

BTW, they're Muse's undine cousins
Jul 11, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
clannadlover said:

While Alice started Undine training before Akari, she needed to finish middle school first before she could properly become an Undine (hence, the accelerated Undine test in Origination, and Akira mentioning Alice's graduation and needing to "make a decision" in the episode)

...I think.
sddsddJul 11, 2016 12:53 PM
Jul 11, 2016 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
I was a little worried, since Origination's ending (+ the epilogue) was perfect in every way possible, so it wouldn't have been lucky to ruin something this great. Thank god Satou Junichi is still a GOAT director.

8/10 for this OVA as a whole.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jul 11, 2016 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
Aria is one of the rare shows I wish would continue forever. Just like when I finished the Origination a deep feeling of melancholy overwhelmed me after I finished this episode. It's just so sad we won't be able to see these character again.
Truly a one of a kind series.
Jul 11, 2016 7:10 PM

Nov 2010
These 3 episodes was indeed a miracle. we didn't not expected them but we sure enjoyed the. i kinda wanted them to hint that they can make a new Anime with the new characters but except Ai, i don't think the other new girls can carry the new show. hmmm, guess it was just a hope but when i think about it, i think i might prefer to let the show be the way it is.

Beautiful ending to a masterpiece and memorable Anime.
Jul 11, 2016 10:35 PM

Dec 2007
What a way to go!

This episode was about as perfect as it can be. Only the finale from Origination trumps it. And just when I thought I'd managed to get through the whole thing without shedding a tear, they flash back to the three graduations, and I well up at "Aquamarine."

Like others, I'm split: on one hand, I wish this could go on forever. On the other, I recognize it would be phenomenally difficult to continue at the same level of quality. And I want to always remember it as it remains now, never tarnished.
Jul 12, 2016 1:37 AM

Oct 2012
No more Aria??? ;_; I know this will happen but ....
"If there are a meeting, then a farewell will come too"

Jul 12, 2016 1:53 AM
Aug 2009
This year is a sad year for me with regards to anime, two of my favourites have officially ended are unlikely to come back. T.T

Aria and Tamayura, you shall forever be in my memory and my heart...
Jul 12, 2016 1:54 AM
Jun 2015
ErwinJA said:
What a way to go!

This episode was about as perfect as it can be. Only the finale from Origination trumps it. And just when I thought I'd managed to get through the whole thing without shedding a tear, they flash back to the three graduations, and I well up at "Aquamarine."

Like others, I'm split: on one hand, I wish this could go on forever. On the other, I recognize it would be phenomenally difficult to continue at the same level of quality. And I want to always remember it as it remains now, never tarnished.
There is also the problem that The voice actor of Athena passed away after Aria the Origination. Lets hope that new Scuba show has some of the magic Aria has.
Jul 12, 2016 4:07 AM
Jul 2009
They did a good job with this anime. Didn't make up too much shit so the core of the episodes were unadapted manga chapters. Aria in HD is magnificent.
Now onwards to Amanchu.
Jul 12, 2016 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
Ah this last episode was simply beautiful. After a very rocky start to the Aria franchise for me I can honestly say I will miss this show a lot. Since I stopped and started a lot through the first season, I think this show would be perfect for a rewatch. Plus I miss them already!
Jul 12, 2016 7:18 AM

May 2011
clannadlover said:

Akari is stupid genius, fast learner but dont know how its works. Alice just keep it herself :P probs

this show can stop ww 1 & 2. damn just make s4 so there's no ww 3
Jul 12, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
This went over my expectations... Watching that flashbacks in full hd was simply gorgeous, the feels ;_;.
I will surely miss ARIA, 9/10.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jul 12, 2016 9:42 PM

Jan 2012
Athena in all her Glory!

rip
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 12, 2016 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Dekkai mirakuru desu.

or probably something like that. Thank you Aria, for completing my life.
Jul 13, 2016 7:15 AM

May 2012
Aw man, I felt like a huge baby this episode.

I loved the focus on Akari and Alicia's relationship again.

It was nice and saddening hearing Athena's song at the end. It definitely killed me

As much as I'd wish for more, all good things must come to an end.

Jul 13, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2008
I'm so going to miss this show. Good end.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 13, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
The OVA is sadly over. Seeing the flashback and Alice's backstory brought nostalgia.

Hoping for a series about the Ai and the two single's journey to becoming Prima. I want to experience the soothing atmosphere of the world again. We may never know if there could be more wonderful miracles and more mysteries of Neo Venezia.

As Azusa says, "the city is always changing"
MagitoJul 13, 2016 11:16 AM
Jul 13, 2016 4:22 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
This makes me wish for more Aria... 9/10

Jul 13, 2016 6:26 PM

Jun 2013
Damn... dat last scene
Amano-sensei just give us official ARIA's pairing couple please!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2009
Aw, so many great memories. I'll probably watch the whole series for the fifth time at the end of the year again. 9/10 for this.

The two new girls were also pretty nice. I'd watch a series about them and Ai-chan.
Jul 14, 2016 8:35 AM

Nov 2013
The juniors didn't get much spotlight.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 14, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
Oh man, that episode was simply amazing. So many feels, so much nostalgia.

And I didn't thought that just three new episodes of Aria will give me so heavy PADS...
Jul 14, 2016 1:25 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very beautiful ending :)
Jul 14, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 2008
And that's it, right?
Never more again another Aria, and that's ok.

Alicia agrees with me, that Akari it's the "best". For me Akari is not just "best character", the one "I like the most".
For me Akari is akin to a deity. If the faith of only one is enough to bring to existence a divine being, then Akari is an goddess I could and would adore, not just because I like, more because I need. I have a very negative soul, every moment of Akari in Aria gives me peace.
Jul 14, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2009
clannadlover said:

Orange Planet kept her as a Pair because she was still a student.
She was always the brightest prospect, so they promoted her straight to Prima once she graduated. She was the first to do so ever.
Jul 14, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2015
Forgot this anime existed for a second there, and I also forgot how peaceful, pretty, deep and calming this is. And so, so, so, SO FREAKING SWEET. The scenery, animation, music, and voice acting are all so beautiful.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 15, 2016 3:33 PM

Feb 2012
It's like characters reminiscence about actual Aria rather than actually add to it. No horoscopes, no epiphany and also nothing done with the two new undines. Not bad, but not something I needed to see. Somewhat of a glorified recap.
Jul 17, 2016 1:30 AM
Dec 2015
They fully wrecked my emotions. Literally cried for like maybe ten minutes of this. Then Athena began to sing which I predicted but it still just destroyed what was left of me at that point.

I hate the fact that this is a perfect ending because I still want more Aria but

everything must eventually come to an end...
Jul 17, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2008
I really did not expect new Aria anime.. Origination has good ending. Avvenire makes it better.

It's sad poor Athena can't join the party.. I wonder if the seiyuu is still alive, she'll be there with the others?

I noticed the new Himeya newbie's name is Azusa McLaren. A car name like Akira Ferari?
If Aika has a car name too it would be perfect.. or is Granzchesta actually a car name?
And for someone who didn't notice(Aria fans must have notice this), all the characters name start with 'A'.

I like how the ending shows the each generation characters.
Alicia is as tall as the grandma, will old alicia become like this too?
LeonLanfordJul 17, 2016 7:41 PM
Jul 19, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
Oh God. That moment when Athena starts singing Lumis Eterne... This episode destroyed me... Such a beautiful end to this little OVA.

Also after knowing what happened to Athena's Seiyuu and Vocalist, this line hit me so hard in the feels ;_;
Jul 21, 2016 8:26 PM

Aug 2015
The way they reused scenes of the graduation from the Origination + Athena singing were way too nostalgic for me to tingle my emotions right there.

Well just as Akari said, saying goodbye to this wonderful series is definitely lonely but is also a nice thing though since it just shows the proof of our deep love in this miracle we're watching, something we keep in ourselves forever. Well that's just last episode in a nutshell for me being a proper sendoff to a miraculous series. Goodbye Aqua and thanks for all those memories we built along the way, definitely a treasure to keep.
Jul 21, 2016 11:18 PM

Jan 2010
TheGamerGod333 said:
They fully wrecked my emotions. Literally cried for like maybe ten minutes of this. Then Athena began to sing which I predicted but it still just destroyed what was left of me at that point.

I hate the fact that this is a perfect ending because I still want more Aria but

everything must eventually come to an end...

This pretty much mirrors what i was going to post.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Oct 3, 2015

71 by Muow »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Aria The Avvenire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Sep 25, 2015

109 by Muow »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:51 AM

» Picture Drama

BernieSorbet - Apr 11, 2016

6 by TyrantRC »»
Jan 2, 2023 8:16 AM

» Character Designs [UPDATED 6/13]

-Karoshi- - Apr 5, 2015

14 by ernietheracefan »»
Sep 13, 2015 4:04 PM

» Key Visual

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2015

29 by ernietheracefan »»
Sep 13, 2015 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.