Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 3:54 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Tune in next time as Gai uses snake venom and a videotape to mind crush all villains simultaneously. This is going to be a fun finish.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Nov 27, 2012 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
His ass is so grass right now... I'm sure this bastard will get what was coming for him...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Mar 17, 2018 12:01 AM

Apr 2016
Seeing the director falling into an obsessive state like this slowly devour him is already entertaining, can't wait until we see what happens to him next.
Oct 12, 2019 5:03 AM

Jun 2016
The moral dilemma ended up to be false, Hirata arrived before Gai would even have a chance to decide if he can use someone as a scapegoat like that and escape. However, it wasn’t useless to suggest this idea because it showed something deeply disgusting about the director. Despite him having this idea that he is genuinely helping these bent rods turn into righteous, upstanding citizens… He was willing to use one, rather any innocent person up on their way to become a human, on their way to become the upright citizen he wants. He was willing to use that person and torture them in one of the worst ways possible and then kill them. Tongue cut out, scarred, and thrown off a cliff to break their bones and then burn to death. He is desperate for his own life, we were confirmed Hirata is the founder of this institute, but to do this to one of the kids seems to undermine his principles worse than ever. Torturing Ishihara is valid because he tried to break out- in his eyes at least, but this is worse than that. I suppose he could argue that by killing a kid he is just because he has more value than them but he himself said the circumstances don’t matter. Rather the act itself does… The scenario ultimately showed me that when push comes to shove he will throw his principles and his passion out the window for his own life. Understandable? Sure. But it took any form of respect I could have for him and threw it out the window.. Where is your integrity!!! I wanted you to have some so bad.

I am curious over why Hirata founded this place though. Does he frame a lot of children like this? He obviously thinks this place is a joke when it comes to reforming children. I suppose his group may have a use for a place like this…

Ishihara being saved was wonderful. He’s so strong just like Gai is honestly. “Are you okay?”, “Somewhat…” he says, after going through some of the worst Fukumoto torture I’ve ever seen - electruction, dog life, whipping, poisoning, paranoia of death. I have criticized the simplicity of this cast in favor for the manga’s narrative. The director has many sides, he’s passionate, he’s cruel, he’s desperate, he works as an antagonist but he hasn’t stood out to me in a memorable way, I doubt I’ll be thinking of him after I finish this manga. His fall into insanity is awesome but I’ve seen it happen with characters I love far more in the likes of Kaiji. I’ve already tried to characterize all the kids but Gai really, leaving him for later. And Hirata is basically a big dumb bad guy who doesn’t have much going for him in my eyes- at least I did find the other external major role as Abe to be one of the most interesting. But yet, I adore Ishihara and Gai’s silent solidarity. This encounter, Gai’s worry, his smile when Ishihara said no need to thank him, and the reforming of the duo felt fantastic. Gai did come for him to stop any “accidental deaths” even if it was late, he does have a conscience and a sense of responsibility for Ishihara even if this would make the building get searched again! Plus, he admitted again how he had to rely on Ishihara to get this far, he couldn’t do it alone!!! I guess I have a soft spot for a brotherhood to form on the basis of the need to act and fight back rather than anything else!

Gai seems to have taken poison with him and he says it’s time to escape… My first thought was that they may take Hirata hostage or maybe they’d steal his helicopter. Yet, how could they fly it? I suppose these two theories cold go together. Another idea is, what if Gai injects Hirata with poison and says the only way to get the antidote is to do as he says… That could be so incredible. I’m eager to see what comes of this because the escape plan isn’t overtly clear to me yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buraiden Gai Chapter 38 Discussion

chernob0g - Aug 19, 2012

7 by Ashhk »»
Mar 4, 2022 6:37 AM

Poll: » Buraiden Gai Chapter 18 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Sep 26, 2019

1 by spacewitchowo »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:53 PM

Poll: » Buraiden Gai Chapter 37 Discussion

QueenNothing - Mar 17, 2018

1 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Oct 13, 2019 10:25 AM

Poll: » Buraiden Gai Chapter 36 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Oct 13, 2019

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Oct 13, 2019 9:47 AM

Poll: » Buraiden Gai Chapter 35 Discussion

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs - Oct 12, 2019

0 by gfsdfgsdgsdfgs »»
Oct 12, 2019 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.