Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2009 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
half good half bad chapter

Hisagi's role feels like publisher intervention for fanservice.

Oh and now people will yet again whine on just how "weak Komamura is, because he held up so long against someone who is most likely as strong as H2Ichigo.

Oh and Komamura's line suggests that we did not see everything from his bankai yet.

Overall I doubt Tousen's dead.
Dec 16, 2009 3:43 PM

Sep 2007
Who is far uglier ? :o
Tousen or Komamura ? :D
Dec 16, 2009 3:46 PM

Jan 2009
what a great chapter ! fox got ownd by a fly ... a frigin FLY. as Fai stated half good half bad chapter , nice lines though

ShiroiRyu said:
Who is far uglier ? :o
Tousen or Komamura ? :D

Tousen!
Dec 16, 2009 3:52 PM

May 2007
Tousen turned into a bug. A bug. There's just something wrong with that.
Dec 16, 2009 4:07 PM

Aug 2008
woa that shit looked wack
hope he is dead already

use to wish for more talking in bleach, but not this kinda talking, about feelings and what not.
Dec 16, 2009 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
I hope Tousen dead now, but I really doubt it :(

...this fight is so boring :s
Dec 16, 2009 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Well if he died, the last thing he saw is Komamura :P
So he can't evade those attack cause he got his eyesight again eh?
Dec 16, 2009 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
Good chapter. I was so engrossed in it that I didn't even noticed that they didn't touch on Shinji & Aizen's confrontation. Tousen's resurrected form was definitely one of the freakiest I've seen.

DKJ
Dec 16, 2009 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
I really hope Tousen is dead.
ive hated him since he betrayed everyone.
and his character sucks.
and i could care less about his story.
Good chapter if Tousen is dead.
Dec 16, 2009 6:19 PM

Dec 2008
Tousen.........Got........OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
My bleach collection is made up of: Vizard mask necklace, Soul Reaper Necklace, 3 ichigo plushies (1 shinigami, 1 shikai, last bankai bout to get Hollow Ichigo and Vizard ichigo) a nother bleach necklace, 2 bleach watches, and Ichigo's Bankai Sword (52 inches of real metal).

Dec 16, 2009 6:29 PM
Sep 2007
vindemon64 said:
Tousen turned into a bug. A bug. There's just something wrong with that.
His Zanpakuto Suzumushi means Cricket.
Dec 16, 2009 6:33 PM

Jun 2009
wow...if Tousen is actually dead for good, that was pretty quick ...
Dec 16, 2009 6:41 PM

Jan 2009
Prefect ending for Tousne, hope he is actually dead, or at least dying. I could see one more chapter with him actually dying. His last lines "I can't see anything" was really well done, i thought Kubo did a really good job with this weeks chapter. 4/5
Dec 16, 2009 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
Errr ... first his appearance was too plain then it just got messed up and now the if Tousen is eliminated that easily then I think there is something seriously wrong with this fight @_@
Dec 16, 2009 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
KT throws in the surprise!Hisagi attack again (even though he's been skewered and crushed and pwned a few times already), and then we have resurreccion!Tousen seemingly defeated in a chapter.............what. Not that I really mind, Tousen can gtfo.
Dec 16, 2009 7:05 PM

May 2007
Tousen turned into a fucking ugly creature, which is probably the symbolism Kubo was going for -- comparing Tousen in resurrection form to Komamura and see how different they are even though both are "monsters". Tousen chose the bad side and turned into a disgusting thing. And yet still Komamura wants to remain his 'friend' and couldn't slash his sword at him.

I also like how Hisagi points out that the "old, sightless" Tousen would have evaded an attack on that level, which means the fact Tousen can 'see' now doesn't make him any better. Again, more symbolism. And Kubo proves once again how good he is at developing character relationships.

Are we gonna get some Tousen flashbacks next chap? Kinda excited for that. :3

Dec 16, 2009 7:09 PM
Sep 2007
There's no symbolism at all.

It's just that Tousen's powers are based on darkness and bug cricket.
His Zanpakuto spirit was probably some cricket-like creature.

Suzumushi --> Cricket --> bug Ressurection
Dec 16, 2009 7:17 PM
Sep 2007
Maybe these fights will be more epic in the anime? I don't know, all these fights are rather boring, or I'm just so uninterested in them. I really hope the next arc is something way more awesome, I'm just not feeling bleach at all, now days.
Hi
Dec 16, 2009 7:24 PM

May 2007
Psajdak said:
There's no symbolism at all.

Of course there's symbolism. It's Kubo. The mangaka who named 7 of his chapters after the 7 deadly sins, names a character after Orihime of the Tanabata myth, creates the whole rain metaphor between Rukia & Ichigo, and have him say "I feel like the rain has finally stopped falling" at the end of the SS arc, makes all hollow resurrections be based off animals, writes poems for every one of the Bleach volumes, each poem corresponds to the character on the cover, makes shinigami wear black while the hollows/espadas are white, makes Ulquiorra the devil but still makes him wonder about a human heart, etc etc etc.

It's all symbolism. This whole manga. P:

Psajdak said:
It's just that Tousen's powers are based on darkness and bug cricket.
His Zanpakuto spirit was probably some cricket-like creature.

Suzumushi --> Cricket --> bug Ressurection

Yeah, but who gave Tousen his powers? Kubo. Why? Cause he was going for that whole atmosphere of creepy monster vs human/kind/caring monster. Also the 'monster' Tousen has became probably represents something like Beelzebub.

Dec 16, 2009 7:31 PM
Sep 2007
Tousen represents hollow cricket, that's all.

As for Kubo, he's a great artist, but bad writer.
Seven deadly sins, rain, animal ressurections, black and white clothes...

It's just there to be cool and to sound cool, that's all.

If you want symbolism watch Neon Genesis Evangelion and Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Dec 16, 2009 7:42 PM

May 2007
Lol, well. I guess we see this manga in a totally different view.
Kubo is not a bad writer, he's only bad with fights that last way too long & has no dialogue at all. However when there IS dialogue and the characters interact with each other, and actually undergo some development, his writing shines. For me, at least?

Kubo doesn't put all those things in his manga 'just to be&sound cool'. He loves his manga, his characters & his symbolism. P: I've read too many interviews with him to know that.

Dec 16, 2009 7:50 PM

Sep 2007
Just like that? Well it does seem like a fitting end for someone who was so blinded by his own ideals. loloololololz u c wut i did thar!?

The only reason why Kubo's chapters seem so drawn out is because of his art style. He prefers large panels to bring out the details and the atmosphere of the setting instead of smaller panels for quick motions and restricted movement. SJ just needs to give Kubo more pages to work with and then the pace would probably quicken.
Dec 16, 2009 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
i actually think it great that if tousen is killed, it's by hisagi's hand. i just hope kubo doesn't DARE HAVE ICHIMARU KILLED BY KIRA D< ichi deserves a fun death xD love him to death but his death better be great D<

anyways... did anyone catch the last pages? i think we may be in the halfway point of the series or maybe part 2 or this arc is just about to begin? Dx i really wish i read japanese... D=
Dec 16, 2009 8:18 PM

May 2007
AoiMemori said:
anyways... did anyone catch the last pages? i think we may be in the halfway point of the series or maybe part 2 or this arc is just about to begin? Dx i really wish i read japanese... D=
Actually, they're announcing another [4th] Bleach movie, it's going to come out winter of next year [2010].

Dec 16, 2009 8:37 PM

Jan 2008
thank you~!
NoyaChan said:
AoiMemori said:
Actually, they're announcing another [4th] Bleach movie, it's going to come out winter of next year [2010].

thank you for clearing that up for me ^__^ i randomly thought to the one piece just being in the halfway mark for some reason xo
Dec 16, 2009 8:40 PM

Oct 2007
bleh if Tousen is really dead...the power levels in Bleach have gotten even more ridiculously stupid
Dec 16, 2009 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
so much for tousen, he left himself wide open
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 16, 2009 8:50 PM

Sep 2007
Dreamtheater2112 said:
bleh if Tousen is really dead...the power levels in Bleach have gotten even more ridiculously stupid

Tousen's death wasn't a matter of power level, it was just his inability to see a simple attack coming cause he got too excited about his new squinty eyeballs to notice Hisagi there.
Dec 16, 2009 9:02 PM
Sep 2007
Anyone noticed someting about Tousen?

It seemed like this was the first time he used ressurection...
I expected he would at least use it in practice or something...
Dec 16, 2009 9:19 PM

Feb 2009
what a lame fucking death. I like how he powered up all the way to ichigos lvl in like 3 chapters, and then kubo dumbs tousen down so he can get killed like he's some weak amateur
Dec 16, 2009 9:36 PM
Mar 2009
only thing i liked was the resurrection looked cool looks like gin and aizen may have one 2 it was a lame death but hisagi made it look cool but funny that tousen without his eyesight could evade a move and once he went to resurrection form he couldnt evade the weakest moves.

Also what was with these pics ?

sebgDec 16, 2009 9:44 PM
Dec 16, 2009 10:07 PM

Jan 2009
Do people fail to understand that not everyone has to die in epic battles? Dying this way totally shows Tousens flaws and was probably the best way for him to die, one of the few things Kubo has done correctly lately.
Dec 16, 2009 10:08 PM

Jan 2008
as i asked above, the first is announcing the fourth movie at the end of 2010 and the second is just a sexy picture that will now become my wallpaper =D i dunno what the second picture is of tho Dx if that's what the movie would be about, it will be awesome to see more ichimaru xD anyways... *goes to change her wallpaper* <3
Dec 16, 2009 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
Feels like Kubo is rushing Bleach now. He took his sweet time during the Hueco Mundo arc, and the low rank Espada's fight. While all the higher rank espada died in a few chapters.
Dec 16, 2009 10:52 PM

Mar 2007
I am so f*cking Outraged right now !
I closed my eyes and went along with it when Kubo decided that the Espada were suddently crap and got done one by one in 2 seconds,
but...yeah..no, no no no this was just way to f*cking much. I dont like Tousen, never did, but the guy is Aizen's f*cking right Hand, you cant give me bullshit like He got done by Hisagi in a surprise attack by behind.
Dammit Kubo...dammit, just f*cking dammit.
next thing we know Matsumoto will heal , defeat Gin , and Ichigo will arrive , kill Aizen by punching him , and be crowned KING OF THE WORLD why dont you.
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

edit : well that was embarrassing. I completely lost the game. I raged at a bleach chapter. not cool.
I've been laughing for the past few month when people raged at bleach chapter, but it seems that I miserably failed today and raged as well. Now that I've calmed down, I recognize how foolish of me it was to fall into the trap of taking bleach seriously for a few minutes. Kudos to you Kubo, that was nicely played.

kurotsukiDec 16, 2009 11:06 PM

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Dec 16, 2009 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
uh....wow like tousen foreal did that just happen foreal i mean i dont like tousen but if he dies from some shit like this im thru with the manga foreal!!!!

4/5
Dec 17, 2009 3:14 AM

Jun 2007
Awesome blind guy turns into a bug. Takes down a fox and get's owned by someone who should be no where near his level.

Yep this is Bleach alright.

But to be fair, Hisagi managing to take land a blow makes sense. A blind guy who's used to fight using his senses suddenly starts fighting using his eyesight.
Dec 17, 2009 3:32 AM

Feb 2008
Did the 5 human senses even make sense in the soul society in the first place? You'd think being dead and all would bestow you a sixth sense to predict the backstabbing..

All i see from this chapter was how Kubo tried to played Tousen as deluded justice fella (avenging a loved or something) who had too much "power" in his hand and ended up exposing himself after being consumed by his new powers (if memory serves me correctly, his farewell words before he left to officially join Aizen's rebellion was he wanted to go with the path with the least bloodshed; for justice of course).
Dec 17, 2009 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
Good chapter, really wasnt suspecting that :p
I was expecting Tousen to see but as for the rest, unexpected.

How can Tousen say Komamura is ugly, they should have gave him a mirror!
Dec 17, 2009 5:00 AM

Oct 2007
Damn that form was ugly but was quite surprised at the end
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2009 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
Nayah said:
Did the 5 human senses even make sense in the soul society in the first place? You'd think being dead and all would bestow you a sixth sense to predict the backstabbing..

I was wondering the same here...
Dec 17, 2009 5:19 AM

Mar 2007
> > Sense
> Bleach

Dec 17, 2009 5:22 AM
Jan 2009
So what was the big announcement at the end?

There was a "4" and a "2010" so I assumed a fourth movie. >>
Dec 17, 2009 5:31 AM

Mar 2007
PenguinChika said:
So what was the big announcement at the end?

There was a "4" and a "2010" so I assumed a fourth movie. >>

yeah that'd be it, the 4th movie's been announced.

Dec 17, 2009 6:25 AM

Apr 2009
Well slap me thrice and hand me to me mama, Tosen's ugly. Not really unexpected, as his zanpakutou is Suzumushi, but still freaking repulsive D:
Also, I never thought he could see in his Arrancar form...

Ahaha I knew Hisagi would get up and do this. AWESOMESAUCE, best part of the chapter (well of course, it's Hisagi). 'Reap. Kazeshini.' DUN DUN DUN Dickhead's dead.

Or Is He? The question is: should we trust Kubo's favourite technique, Flashback of Death and believe that Hisagi actually killed Tosen?
Or should we take into account Kubo's another favourite, A Finishing Move at the End of a Chapter is Never Finishing?

If he's not dead, then next chapter he gets up, being all 'you fool, you think this is enough to kill me?' and kicks Hisagi's ass for another 10 pages. And then HE says 'I didn't want to use this, but you're giving me no choice.

BAN.
-insert panels of everyone's WTF faces-
KAI.'
That'd be so cheesy xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 17, 2009 6:39 AM

Oct 2009
Tousen now reminds me of that guy from South Park. Seriously, Kubo got me really confused now, I think I'll have a trauma or something. I hope Hisagi got him, for God's sake.

And so, Ugly-Penishead Butterfly Taichou told Komamura being uglier that he expected? He should have looked into a mirror before making that statement.
Dec 17, 2009 7:11 AM

May 2009
If that's all we get to see from Tousen and his Resurreccion then I have to wonder "what was the point?" Then again, nobody in Bleach ever dies that easily so...

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Dec 17, 2009 7:24 AM

Jul 2007
Kryptonian said:
If that's all we get to see from Tousen and his Resurreccion then I have to wonder "what was the point?" Then again, nobody in Bleach ever dies that easily so...

It explained the existence of Ichigos H2 Form.

And no, I dout it ends thar.

Possibly Next chapter TOusen will go all crazy on Hisagi and then get pwnd by Komamura(Who says something like "you said something about my Bankai being useless tank? I haz special ability too!")..

There's a reason why Databooks list Komamura's destructive power close to that of old man Yamamoto.
Dec 17, 2009 7:52 AM

Mar 2009
Dude what a BAD chapter, and I had high hopes for it.

Hell, Tousen ressurection is fucking bizarre. He looks like a fucking FLY not a Grilo/Cricket!!

At least I "ROFL'ed" at Komamura's face at the 6th page. I know he was sad but he looked seriously annoyed, I dunno just found it funny.

Hisagi killing Tousen like that is just not like Bleach, these type of kills don't belong here.

Surely I could see Tousen in next chapters turning into H2 form, which I'll look like a human sized armored cricket (Blood Roar anyone? lol). Same with Komamura, who will shrink his Bankai and "wear/fuse/w/e" with it showing that he can kick some ass too. But in the end I can't see at all how Komamura would win this battle.

Well, that's just some crazy predictions, it's not like I can guess WTH Kubo has in mind. xD

Dec 17, 2009 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
I hope Kubo doesn't stretch this any longer. Hisagi learned all the good things Tousen had to teach him, but didn't share his flaws and Komamura forgave him and only took him on for Soul Society's sake. After completely losing the moral high ground, turning into a monster uglier than Komamura and getting killed by his successor despite being able to see is a very fitting ending. He can still change his mind and redeem himself somehow in the next chapter, but I'd love it if it was actually over this fast.
Nyuu3Dec 17, 2009 8:40 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.