Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feb 21, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
loved it

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
OST is really good. I really enjoy this kind of story.
Apr 23, 2014 7:50 PM

May 2012
What a cute episode! It's really developing quite lovely :3
May 18, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
Omake on this ep is very funny, various japan accent forms.

May 21, 2015 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
ZeroDown said:

I didn't check the Japanese version out because i doubt i could get anything out of it but the English version was hilarious. Almost burst out laughing when the dub crew was doing the English accent.
Sep 7, 2015 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
this ain't funny man

that ending is painful

why on earth is this just 6 fucking episodes, ending on the 3rd of 15 volumes

FOR SHAME

this is WAY better than all the shit out today

FUCK
Aug 26, 2017 1:14 PM

Jul 2014
This is great! The OST is amazing and the omake at the end was hilarious AF.

Why it has to be so short? Why?
mozgowMay 7, 2020 2:03 AM
Dec 23, 2017 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
This is gonna be a feels trip....
Feb 10, 2018 11:15 AM
Jan 2017
Kuruwin said:
ZeroDown said:

I didn't check the Japanese version out because i doubt i could get anything out of it but the English version was hilarious. Almost burst out laughing when the dub crew was doing the English accent.

I totally agree it had to be the best part of the episode.
Oct 14, 2018 10:24 PM
Jan 2018
And I thought episode 1 was good. This is going to be a feels trip and man, WHY IS IT ONLY 6 EPISODES?!! Although the production value can't compare with the vast majority of modern animes, this show really has heart. I love every single one of the characters and the plot is progressing nicely as well. I wish today's animes could actually get the important stuff right instead of going for 1080p with negative infinity plot, story, and characters.
Oct 1, 2019 9:00 AM
Jan 2019
Weaboo_Zhao said:
And I thought episode 1 was good. This is going to be a feels trip and man, WHY IS IT ONLY 6 EPISODES?!! Although the production value can't compare with the vast majority of modern animes, this show really has heart. I love every single one of the characters and the plot is progressing nicely as well. I wish today's animes could actually get the important stuff right instead of going for 1080p with negative infinity plot, story, and characters.

What? Production Value here is way better than in most modern anime!
Characters are drawn nicely, animated well, expressions are lively.

I would say that modern animes look cheaper than this OVA.
May 6, 2020 7:08 PM

Sep 2018
I didn't like the first part of this episode but as the episode went on I liked it a lot, though I didn't find the ending segment that funny this time. Felt a bit odd and mocking of other regions of Japan, especially with the fact that it isn't true that all anime characters speak in "standard" Japanese even in that era.

Keytee1 said:
Weaboo_Zhao said:

What? Production Value here is way better than in most modern anime!
Characters are drawn nicely, animated well, expressions are lively.

I would say that modern animes look cheaper than this OVA.

Jeez, both of you are idiots. This sort of argument/nostalgia circle jerking is dumb and pointless.
Also, the person you were responding to was nostalgia jacking too, but I guess only your brand of nostalgia jacking is the right kind.
Also, before I get accused of the inevitable, no, I just can't stand this really idiotic internet trend of people going around and blasting out how all things from x era are better than y era, it's narrow minded and always untrue. You might personally not like modern anime, or older anime or what ever, but that doesn't make all of it objectively worse.
KristiwazhereMay 6, 2020 7:20 PM
May 15, 2020 4:26 AM
Jan 2019
kandi_gloss said:
of you are idiots. This sort of argument/nostalgia circle jerking is dumb and pointless.
Also, the person you were responding to was nostalgia jacking too, but I guess only your brand of nostalgia jacking is the right kind.
Also, before I get accused of the inevitable, no, I just can't stand this really idiotic internet trend of people going around and blasting out how all things from x era are better than y era, it's narrow minded and always untrue. You might personally not like modern anime, or older anime or what ever, but that doesn't make all of it objectively worse.

Don't worry, i'm not like those people.
There's a lot of modern stuff i enjoy in terms of Videogames and Anime. I love some of modern anime.

But it's just 80's and 90's anime that personally appeals to me more. Maybe it's because of the feel of that era that cannot be recreated. Back when genres were younger and a lot of tropes were used without mocking itself.
I just compared the amount of detail in shading and fluidity of animation... it's just 80's and early 90's OVAs look much more detailed to me.

But also it's maybe because of the styles. I personally prefer 90's styles more. There's also some of modern anime styles that i enjoy, for instance.

So don't worry, i'm objective, unlike most oldfans. ^_^
Jun 21, 2020 2:57 PM

Feb 2017
Good episode. Ai and Youta were sweet at the end. OST in this OVA is amazing.
Jul 26, 2022 1:16 AM

Jun 2021
Not involved into this episode as much as into the pilot. But the after credits scene was something, even if for context and language barriers it wouldn't have been better without italian dub, because they gave free space for the actors to use different accents and dialects of my language, even if i never had / learned one and don't care about them

More topics from this board

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Episode 4 Discussion

kagami397 - Dec 18, 2009

10 by Balleater »»
Apr 1, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Episode 6 Discussion

kagami397 - Dec 19, 2009

35 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 3, 10:11 PM

» Soon a remake will be announced, what do you think?

Dije - Oct 11, 2023

8 by Ay_Rakib »»
Nov 27, 2023 11:58 AM

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Episode 1 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jan 20, 2011

20 by Amber_4shenfell »»
Jun 26, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Episode 3 Discussion

kagami397 - Dec 16, 2009

15 by KindMrBurger »»
Feb 20, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.