Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 8, 2015 11:47 PM
Aug 2012
simbee said:
How many shows this season had a boobgrab in the first episode? Lol
The beginning was amazing, but things went downhill.
Felt really rushed despite the fact that I haven't read the original source.
One thing that bothered me was that the girl didn't seem bothered by the boobgrab afterwards...?

The beginning was like a teaser about what's to come................next episode. So don't worry you will get to see those scenes.

Also Ouka did criticize Takeru more than the rest.........but she has other higher priorities than worrying about that.

Jonesy974 said:

I could've sworn I read somewhere at some point, that the sword guy was actually super strong and he was helping the squad get their shit together (almost like a kuusen madoushi type situation).

So I went in with that mindset and it turned out to be totally not true, which is fine. A little disappointing that everyone on the team is basically autistic though.

Nah i think that was some other show. The unit is compromised of unique individuals.........they are not weak by any means but they all have their own issues.

Oct 9, 2015 12:00 AM
Nov 2013
Is this two cour or one?
Oct 9, 2015 12:51 AM

Feb 2012
dat clumsy bunny sniper, oh boy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2015 12:53 AM
May 2015
Whoa, looks like this season is producing lots of harem based genre, and this one is one of it.
Oct 9, 2015 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
swordman009 said:
Is this two cour or one?

Likely split cour although it's currently listed as one cour.
Oct 9, 2015 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
I've only read the manga, and even this was rushed as hell. At least the panty shot galore wasn't used.
Oct 9, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2014
Like watching paint dry, then crack and fall off the wall into boobs. Then it catches fire and somehow explodes. Lots of variety, but the subject matter is still paint.
Oct 9, 2015 1:44 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty rushed episode but I guess it wasn't that bad. Glad they kept the gore in. It's not quite clear yet but this series is a lot darker than it appears to be. If anyone watching this expecting to see lots of ecchi scenes. I'm sorry to say that you will be disappointed.
Oct 9, 2015 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
Apart from the dumb ecchi shit, the girl's "witches killed my family" outburst was REALLY badly done.

2/5

I'll give it 1 more I guess
removed-userOct 9, 2015 2:00 AM
Oct 9, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2013
Watched the first 1:20 at least 5 times before watching the rest lol.
(dat bgm)

Pretty much what I expected from the first episode.
SandyBoiOct 9, 2015 2:09 AM
Oct 9, 2015 2:08 AM

May 2015
ok one more fuckin lucky bastard sword user this season
Oct 9, 2015 2:19 AM
Dec 2013
the typical trip and boob grab lol. anyone else thinking about the kirito and asuna character design? lol
Oct 9, 2015 2:49 AM
Sep 2010
ShuukaAAT said:
have you even read the light novels? this is far better than the other 2 this season, and youll see why next episode. this is mainly an action anime, barely focuses on harem....that was like the only time youll see a lot of fan service in it -.- so stop bitching. the light novels arent that long, and this was adapted perfectly and not rushed at all tbh. its guarunteed they will do 9 volumes in a split cour

You know just because the source material is good doesn't mean its anime adaptation is also going to be good. There is a thing called a bad adaptation.

Anyways I found this episode to be pretty dull, honestly. And I also found it to be rushed. The characters were pretty generic, ranging from same old mc you see in every anime to the female who kicks ass but only wants to act by herself. The only character I actually liked is the sniper girl. The action wasn't all that great, I even question some bits (how the hell do you miss a person who is right in front of you, I don't care how fast she's moving, she is still a large body of flesh 2ft in front of you). They introduced the tragic past of a character we just met and hardly know, tell me why should i feel bad for her?

I'm still going to watch this, as I have seen shows that have bad 1st ep but greatly improve afterwards.

Also question, these kids are students right? As in training to become inquisitors or whatever right? So why are they letting them take on life threatening missions that can kill them, when they haven't even finished the academy yet?
Oct 9, 2015 3:30 AM

Aug 2014
Walking into half naked girls and accidental boobgrabs. They are really pushing their boundaries. But still seems more entertaining than some of the other anime of the season. I will give it that.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 9, 2015 3:38 AM
Jul 2009
Holy shit the last few mins were absolutely terrible. Ootori goes from unrelentingly angry to instantly placated and teary just because she got knocked down. What bad pacing/writing.
Oct 9, 2015 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
What the hell was that fight scene? first its serious then he's playing it off then they're serious again and then they play it off again since he calmed down because he heard his sister.... what the hell?! Thank god she came and finished the job. Then they actually blame her for working by herself? I mean have you people even tried to evaluate your performance? No one in their right mind would want you as teammates.

Stupid episode and it's meaningless fan service isn't exactly making me appreciate a thing in it. I'm giving it 2 more episodes, if its the same it'll be the first drop of the season for me.
removed-userOct 9, 2015 9:04 AM
Oct 9, 2015 4:51 AM

Nov 2014
incredibly mediocre first episode but i'll give it at most 2 more episodes before dropping
Oct 9, 2015 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
Zetsuei380 said:
ShuukaAAT said:
have you even read the light novels? this is far better than the other 2 this season, and youll see why next episode. this is mainly an action anime, barely focuses on harem....that was like the only time youll see a lot of fan service in it -.- so stop bitching. the light novels arent that long, and this was adapted perfectly and not rushed at all tbh. its guarunteed they will do 9 volumes in a split cour

You know just because the source material is good doesn't mean its anime adaptation is also going to be good. There is a thing called a bad adaptation.

Anyways I found this episode to be pretty dull, honestly. And I also found it to be rushed. The characters were pretty generic, ranging from same old mc you see in every anime to the female who kicks ass but only wants to act by herself. The only character I actually liked is the sniper girl. The action wasn't all that great, I even question some bits (how the hell do you miss a person who is right in front of you, I don't care how fast she's moving, she is still a large body of flesh 2ft in front of you). They introduced the tragic past of a character we just met and hardly know, tell me why should i feel bad for her?

I'm still going to watch this, as I have seen shows that have bad 1st ep but greatly improve afterwards.

Also question, these kids are students right? As in training to become inquisitors or whatever right? So why are they letting them take on life threatening missions that can kill them, when they haven't even finished the academy yet?

well this was adapted pretty much on spot. the first novel is pretty generic and cliche, but that stops. the reason it felt rushed is because the light novels are like this too :v

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 5:21 AM
Sep 2011
Not a fan of forced drama.
from what I saw at the beginning of the episode I thought it going to be something like hidden no aria.
and later on near the end of 1st ep. we are shown dead children in dustbins and a dead girl on a table which appears nude.

definitely not cool.

I don't mind dark drama (Black Lagoon for example is my fave), but don't mix ecchi and comedy.
Oct 9, 2015 6:24 AM

Sep 2013
Well so far I dont know what to like about this anime. Pretty standard harem anime.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 9, 2015 6:31 AM

Aug 2012
Although first episode felt almost the same as Rakudai Kishi's, this one somehow piqued my interest more than RK. Alright for fair's sake, 2 more episodes ( ̄▽ ̄ )
Oct 9, 2015 6:44 AM

Aug 2012
magic school anime! woohooo! how many does this make just this season?

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Oct 9, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
Is this really suppose to be good? granted it's not another magical school straight carbon copy but I just had to stop halfway when the bad guys kept standing like idiots instead of firing at the MC even when he was distracted. I mean seriously, that's just.... bad. Like Hollywood bad.
Oct 9, 2015 6:59 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty ok episode, still salty that most of the budget of Silver Link went to this show instead of Rakudai :3
Oct 9, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2012
Why... does every - SINGLE - anime have to start itself out with the MC GROPING A CHICK!?!?!? (Yes, I know that's a hyperbole so don't freaking call me out on it)

Seriously, who the heck continues to see this idiocy and thinks "That was an excellent use of animator talent and screentime."

Also, Ohtori's history exposition came out of nowhere. Even with what she just saw, even with how much she hates those people, there was no actual trigger I can see that made the 'a witch killed my family' a necessary reveal at that moment.

Please don't get me wrong, the episode itself was ok, but I am getting so freaking sick and tired of the exact same fanservice fodder mechanisms being used for every single show. Some of the most popular anime in existence prove that crap doesn't need to be there, so who is it in the industry that still tells the animators that they need to make a dozen or so frames of this nonsense?
Oct 9, 2015 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
MoeGod said:
Is this really suppose to be good? granted it's not another magical school straight carbon copy but I just had to stop halfway when the bad guys kept standing like idiots instead of firing at the MC even when he was distracted. I mean seriously, that's just.... bad. Like Hollywood bad.

yes, this is supposed to be really good, and youll see with the next episode

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 7:39 AM
Aug 2012
FateHero said:

Also, Ohtori's history exposition came out of nowhere. Even with what she just saw, even with how much she hates those people, there was no actual trigger I can see that made the 'a witch killed my family' a necessary reveal at that moment.

Well her history isn't fully shown yet.......so patience young man. You will understand next episode. Her backstory isn't pretty.

I will give you a hint about the trigger though:

She reacted after seeing the "young girl stabbed with a knife"

Well i guess people miss small details but it things will clear up next episode.

Oct 9, 2015 7:39 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
From what I see; it didn't even seem VERY ecchi. I've seen worse and consider this even better than those other typical Harem anime. I love the LN to this series though, and Shuu with every post is definitely right lol.

If those who are keeping up with the LN they'll understand where it'll lead. I can't wait for next weeks episode for Lapis!
Oct 9, 2015 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
Cherishire said:
From what I see; it didn't even seem VERY ecchi. I've seen worse and consider this even better than those other typical Harem anime. I love the LN to this series though, and Shuu with every post is definitely right lol.

If those who are keeping up with the LN they'll understand where it'll lead. I can't wait for next weeks episode for Lapis!

hehe yeah. the light novels are great :v

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Cherishire said:

Can't wait to see
Oct 9, 2015 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Cool start. I feel like it's gonna be awesome!
Oct 9, 2015 8:34 AM

Aug 2014
hoopla123 said:
Cherishire said:

Can't wait to see

ikr. i juat hope v5 gets adapted this season

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
How early I would not call it thrilling, beautiful the graphics with a cute caracter design and with good animation, but narratively leaves quite tepid. The plot uses a very proven expedient to show part of the story, but nothing original. For now recessed stroke waiting upcoming episode.
Oct 9, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
That blond bunny is so my type :O

INQUISITOR?!

This is so sad :'(
I've never supported an inquisition this much, go and kill all those bastards :(

ichii_1Oct 9, 2015 11:12 AM
Oct 9, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
I hope this gets better, so far it's yet ANOTHER show with a main character walking in on a girl who freaks out and another accidental boobgrab.

I just felt like that kind of thing felt out of place considering how dark that ending was.
LauraBirdieOct 9, 2015 11:22 AM
Oct 9, 2015 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
she's not even a good tsundere she's just annoying i mean tsundere are annoying but this one is just plain stupid
Oct 9, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
Hope we can see some more ecchi later on.
Oct 9, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
This is the 3rd Magic Highschool anime I'm watching this season... What happened to anime industry???

Oh well.. I actually enjoyed this more than the other two. But really... all the guys in these 3 anime uses swords... and they have to deal with an ojou-sama type of personality.

I really love the first scene. That scene really hooked me up. Call me weird, but I love anime where the Main character is dying or bleeding because it makes things interesting and not a constant heroic winning.

The animation and fighting style is also awesome. I hope it wont go downhill.

Also.. I already know the best girl... the gothic loli of course. That main girl Ohtogi or whatever, is annoying as fuck.

Oct 9, 2015 12:26 PM
Aug 2012
Axelucard_ said:
she's not even a good tsundere she's just annoying i mean tsundere are annoying but this one is just plain stupid

Telling facts are stupid now? She had to handle almost everything on her own during the fight and the team's first impression was pretty bad.

The Ouka hate seems to be pretty unjustified........people can't even get the name right but still hate her.

Oct 9, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
DarklordVor said:
This is the 3rd Magic Highschool anime I'm watching this season... What happened to anime industry???

Oh well.. I actually enjoyed this more than the other two. But really... all the guys in these 3 anime uses swords... and they have to deal with an ojou-sama type of personality.

I really love the first scene. That scene really hooked me up. Call me weird, but I love anime where the Main character is dying or bleeding because it makes things interesting and not a constant heroic winning.

The animation and fighting style is also awesome. I hope it wont go downhill.

Also.. I already know the best girl... the gothic loli of course. That main girl Ohtogi or whatever, is annoying as fuck.

if your wondering about that scene at the very beginning of the episode....youll learn what was next episode most likely.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 12:54 PM

Apr 2014
So far so good, better than I expected.
Oct 9, 2015 1:12 PM
Jun 2014
Droped(70%)..too annoying main character(i'll get in the way of the bullets rather than let 2 bad guys that killed several teens die...

Lol...i watched it from start to finish,without fast forwarding...first fight he had ''the power'' to fight those guys,he choose not to harm them ,that s super pacifist(he was kind of stoped but still) and second did anyone even know that they were fighting those guys in the last part...didn t he followed her because she was hurt,and ended up going with her...so who would have known if they killed the bad guys...

eeh...anyway....
DinuSalvatoreOct 9, 2015 2:40 PM
Oct 9, 2015 1:32 PM
Aug 2012
DinuSalvatore said:
Droped..too annoying main character(i'll get in the way of the bullets rather than let 2 bad guys that killed several teens die...

Sigh you missed the parts about why Ouka was demoted in the first place and also that her situation may become even worse if she killed them and continued the same thing. Sometimes you have to follow the rules even if you don't want to.........MC didn't do it because he is some kind pacifist.
Dragon_Slayer_XOct 9, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 9, 2015 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
Not gonna lie, this was pretty horrible
Oct 9, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
KuraiTomu said:
Not gonna lie, this was pretty horrible

i have to admit, the first volume was pretty bad and cliche in the beginning, but when we get into the second half of v1 and get into the later volumes, it will get a ton better.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2011
http://i.imgur.com/uv0kfvl.png
http://i.imgur.com/cIYVR7o.png
http://i.imgur.com/vmTUV9s.png

Aaaaaand done... seriously, i stopped watching right there lol.
LinkoboiOct 9, 2015 3:24 PM
Oct 9, 2015 3:22 PM

Feb 2012
*sigh* 2/5

I was really hyped for this one... but the walk-in... and the boob-grab...

The pacing is rushed to hell, and I didn't feel anything for the revelation at the end. It's like they HAD to get it out there in the first episode. And I really wanted to see him go berserk in that one scene, rather than switching back and forth.

The comedy didn't make me laugh at all, either. Maybe I'm just getting tired of this kind of thing, but I honestly like Rakudai more than this. I'll do that whole three-episodes schtick and if I still don't like it. Then again, I said that about Sky Wizards...

And no, I don't want people persuading me that "it gets better". Let me form my own opinion.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 9, 2015 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
EHero09 said:
*sigh* 2/5

The pacing is rushed to hell, and I didn't feel anything for the revelation at the end. It's like they HAD to get it out there in the first episode. And I really wanted to see him go berserk in that one scene, rather than switching back and forth.

The comedy didn't make me laugh at all, either. Maybe I'm just getting tired of this kind of thing, but I honestly like Rakudai more than this. I'll do that whole three-episodes schtick and if I still don't like it. Then again, I said that about Sky Wizards...

And no, I don't want people persuading me that "it gets better". Let me form my own opinion.

^this^
Oct 9, 2015 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
Linkfan001 said:
EHero09 said:
*sigh* 2/5

^this^

tbh, its not really THAT rushed....the light novels are just short, and it always feels that way. and im not kidding when i say this is my fav light novel currently.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Oct 9, 2015 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
how faithful was it to the light novel? because ootoris reveal was really unnatural and weird and the second half of the episode felt rushed like the transition was very choppy. if they didnt deviate from the ln they ought to have done so because that ruined a pretty decent episode for me. i mean like i still liked it regardless because ootori is the best but you know...3/5
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.