Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Oct 13, 2015 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
I think I'm going to get annoyed with the dude MC. But other than him I enjoyed the rest of this episode, Sakurako is a pretty interesting character to watch so if anything I'll stick around just to see what she does.
Oct 13, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2014
I've been waiting for this anime since many months ago. I was instantly hooked since the first look at the poster. I think about romance story, was a mystery.

As I know this genre is mystery, I think there would be an element of the supernatural, but no. After last season watching Ranpo Kitan, this time treated again with the detective series with the unique demeanor. Solving the problem that displayed in a manner that is more unique than Ranpo Kitan. As Sakurako, the protagonist in this series have magical powers.

In addition to the story that turns out interesting, opening at the beginning of the story that mentioned brought Sakurako is a girl who doesn't like humans, but are only interested in bones, which turns out she is a scientist, also adds to the added value that makes the audience curious. Not forgetting, appearance looks quiet, but babbling hobby, which turned out to be as childish, but also attention, make it interesting.

Besides, I like when I saw the poster series is the color. And indeed, light alloy color in some parts, reminds me of the opening song Nisekoi first season.

The song when she analyzed was amazing too.
Oct 13, 2015 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
Jerkhov said:
This is beautiful, both the animation and music. By far the most aesthetically pleasing anime this season.

Sakurako is very likable, and I even enjoy the MC even though his role is just the 'straight man'.

This season is shaping up to be great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2011
boledcool said:
I've been waiting for this anime since many months ago. I was instantly hooked since the first look at the poster. I think about romance story, was a mystery.

As I know this genre is mystery, I think there would be an element of the supernatural, but no. After last season watching Ranpo Kitan, this time treated again with the detective series with the unique demeanor. Solving the problem that displayed in a manner that is more unique than Ranpo Kitan. As Sakurako, the protagonist in this series have magical powers.

In addition to the story that turns out interesting, opening at the beginning of the story that mentioned brought Sakurako is a girl who doesn't like humans, but are only interested in bones, which turns out she is a scientist, also adds to the added value that makes the audience curious. Not forgetting, appearance looks quiet, but babbling hobby, which turned out to be as childish, but also attention, make it interesting.

Besides, I like when I saw the poster series is the color. And indeed, light alloy color in some parts, reminds me of the opening song Nisekoi first season.

The song when she analyzed was amazing too.

lolwut? when did i miss that she has magical powers?
Oct 14, 2015 7:53 AM

Jul 2009
Beautiful art! Wow, really cool! And Sakurako's love for bones are kinda fun LOL
I am curious to see her fiancé.
Oct 14, 2015 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
I usually don't like Mystery anime but i've actually liked this one :D
Oct 14, 2015 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
This show has piqued my interest. Or rather- should I say Sakurako-san has? It's eye candy as well. This first episode was pretty good, easy mystery but it shows Sakurako-san's character traits off nicely. Will definitely keep up with this show.

Jose07 said:

Is anyone else normal here? Would any of you actually bury the cat? I would of just throw him into the garbage pin...

It's probably because Japanese respect spirits of living things or something, I'm not too familiar with it. (tbh I wouldn't bury it either)
Fresh_MintOct 14, 2015 2:34 PM
Oct 14, 2015 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
I really don't like the male MC.. please tell me I'm not the only who hates him so much that I wished he dies to make the series good.

Sakurako's full potential seems to be held off by this annoying shonen. Well I'd still watch it, but seeing this shonen made me wants to slap him with those human bones.

Well it has a great animation and good female lead. Just that guy that I don't bother to know his name should be gone.

Oct 15, 2015 4:58 AM

Jul 2011
Fresh_Mint said:
This show has piqued my interest. Or rather- should I say Sakurako-san has? It's eye candy as well. This first episode was pretty good, easy mystery but it shows Sakurako-san's character traits off nicely. Will definitely keep up with this show.

Jose07 said:

Is anyone else normal here? Would any of you actually bury the cat? I would of just throw him into the garbage pin...

It's probably because Japanese respect spirits of living things or something, I'm not too familiar with it. (tbh I wouldn't bury it either)

while i too wouldn't bury it(i just don't like touching dead things, basically i don't want to be held responsible of anything) i certainly i wouldn't go as far as puttin it in a trash can, that feels extremely cruel and inhuman to me.
Oct 15, 2015 7:32 AM

Jun 2015
Not really into mystery genre, but I find this one interesting.

5/5

Oct 15, 2015 5:57 PM

Dec 2014
DarklordVor said:
I really don't like the male MC.. please tell me I'm not the only who hates him so much that I wished he dies to make the series good.

Sakurako's full potential seems to be held off by this annoying shonen. Well I'd still watch it, but seeing this shonen made me wants to slap him with those human bones.

Well it has a great animation and good female lead. Just that guy that I don't bother to know his name should be gone.

Male mc is your generic "straight guy" type of character so he's necessary in this anime since the female mc is crazy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Yooooo, she's hot. That lucky boy. But we can see that she's already promised to our lord and savior, Mr. Skeltal. Too bad for him.

Talk about an inappropriate woman though. She probably have more enemy than friends.

I think that show will give us a weird fetish for bones...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 17, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2007
About burying the cat, no, it is not at all common to do such a thing in Japan. The MC himself points it out how he too would not have bothered had he not known Sakurako.

At any rate, I really enjoy Sakurako. It's always refreshing to have a strong female character who does more than act all shy or tsundere or something annoying cliché like that. And while I'd rather the MC was not a high school student I am at least glad that Sakurako herself is not one.
Oct 17, 2015 8:32 PM

Nov 2014
Cool episode.

Oct 19, 2015 2:55 AM

Mar 2015
Extremely disappointed by this first episode. OK the visuals were stunning... and ?
I guess most people will praise a show solely based on visuals and animation.

I'm not a fan of Bones -because, let's not kid ourselves this is basically Bones- but I figured the mystery aspect would keep me intrigued, as I believe some anime are way better than some tv shows at putting together intricated, well-thought mystery plotlines. But nope. The 'solving' of the case was among the most simpleton ones I've ever seen, and oh also, that's not how actual police and investigating work irl.

People often compare it to Subete Ga F ni Naru; well the latter is far far ahead in terms of overall quality. I have the 2nd episode of Sakurako-san downloaded but that's the last one I'm gonna watch before deciding if I drop it or not.

PS : fuck Sakurako's shounen friend. Bland and annoying.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Oct 20, 2015 4:04 AM

Mar 2008
boring and the characters kinda suck/are uninteresting
maybe if there'll be a good case in the future I'll return to this anime... animation is beautiful though
Oct 20, 2015 7:02 AM

Mar 2013
Oh the BG was beautiful and gorgeous. And I like the Sakurako's character.

Hope there's room for romance.
Mystery is good too and not like out of the box thinking and stuff.
Oct 21, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2008
I guess I'll pass on this one. Sakurako is this annoying mixture of crazy-cute professional with no charm to her character at all and I just can't take her seriously; she's definitely not cool in my eyes, more like begging for slap in the face. Also the music grated on my ears. It was loud and way too dramatic and "grand" for Sakurako's intro or her investigation. I like mystery genre as much as the next guy, but Bones: The Animation doesn't do it for me.
Oct 22, 2015 2:48 AM

Jan 2014
Sakurako-san waifu <3 I loved it! The art is nice.
Bones the animation, indeed. All them bones :3
However, I would like to see some suspense, too.
Oct 23, 2015 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this very much tbh and knowing that the romance between them was a misleading lie makes it all better.
Oct 25, 2015 2:09 AM

Jul 2008
Now that was some beautiful animation to look at. Already loving Sakuroko.
Oct 25, 2015 8:13 AM

Jun 2013
I think i know who that skeleton guys
Oct 25, 2015 12:31 PM

Feb 2013
The finger-in-the-head scene... pretty cool. The rest, "meh".
Oct 26, 2015 4:53 AM

Feb 2014
A really interesting episode. Predicting homicide cases become a regular thing... Looking forward to more eps!
Oct 29, 2015 8:30 AM
May 2015
Not bad, the girl was lovely, the boy is meh. Art is not bad, definitely not the best but not bad at all.

When I heard Sakura I just remembered Cardcaptor Sakura :-)
Nov 5, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
BurntJelly said:
The finger-in-the-head scene... pretty cool. The rest, "meh".

It feels slightly too happy and too hype-ish somehow, but it's kinda good in a way?
idk
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 6, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2008
Looks good and one of the better starts of a series this season which I like :D
Nov 10, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
Very satisfying episode, Sakurako-san surely got my attention and I'm looking forward to watching more. :D Shoutarou's voice seemed familiar, but I checked seiyū out and surprisingly I was wrong on that.
Nov 23, 2015 1:01 AM

Feb 2010
After seeing ep1 I'm having high hopes for this series.

Cakemoon said:
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:

How I can see your high spectations and how you bash everything? I just have to take a look at your list to notice it, You basically hate Everything

Words > Numbers. I made list scores arbitrary because it annoys people who obsess over shallow numerical values. The higher the number the more I care about a work, the rest I just don't care about even if they had their enjoyable escapism value or something.

Aerensianic said:
He is the straightman to contrast with and reign in the female lead (as well as being the voice of sanity).

Someone like Watson was respectable, had charisma and evoked empathy.
The guy in this show has none of those. It doesn't help when their dialogue and chemistry is quite bland. His voice and design also sucks,
You might not agree, but this would be why I don't like him even if he is supposed to fit a typical paradigm.

If you don't care, don't rate. Rating is about how good the show was, not about your lack of interest in general.

I'd aggree about male lead: he's there just for a normal viewer to associate, for those who don't appreciate Sakurako's excentricity. As for her cutesy and moe side and comedy - I don't dislike those, just feel they are for ratings fiirst.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Nov 23, 2015 2:35 AM

Feb 2010
plz, no romance in my Bones!

CookingPriest said:
Kasi said:
I
I expected Sakurako to be much more mature, and the tone of the show to be more serious. The believability of the scenario and the interactions with the police officers was especially poor.

Its completely believable considering japanese culture and considering Sakurako's grandfather was supposedly quite a bigshot forensic professor everyone there knew.

Japanese are very big on peer-respect to the point that it is not surprising that they would ignore protocol for someone connected to one they know.

Its similar to how cop communities usually give leeway to the families of cops they knew

True. See ep1 of Psych, for example, where main lead's dad is a (retired) cop, and it plays out in ML interactions with a patrolman and chief of local police, who know him.
Beautiful bones also stages in a rustic locale (Hokkaido) where relationships are less procedural and more familiar.

Sakurako's like a BBC Sherlock, who walks on a crimescene like it's her playground (or a candystore) and pisses detectives off by solving cases by just looking :D
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Nov 27, 2015 6:34 AM

Aug 2013
Very very decent op song...
Good art, nice animation.. a beautiful start.
Sakurako-san can be a best waifu candidate.. yes she can. xD
Let's see where this story takes us to.
Dec 12, 2015 2:52 AM

May 2013
This show seems like Bones the tv show mixed with BBC's Sherlock. The relationship between the boy and the woman seems strange...hopefully they explain or have the relationship affect the plot.
Jan 4, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2012
Quite the different anime than I first expected, but I actually quite like it! Let's see what happens next!
Jan 24, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
i thought the start was a bit iffy, but then 10 minutes in and i am sure this is the show i needed and didnt know iw anted. it made me very happy.
Feb 4, 2016 1:55 AM

Sep 2014
Nice start, I like the Artwork its quite beautiful.
Mar 20, 2016 8:43 PM

Sep 2014
Very beautiful animation, but meh enjoyment.

Its like a mediocre version of The Mentalist
Apr 27, 2016 2:57 AM

Nov 2012
Even in anime, I'd feel queasy about seeing corpses. Sakurako is an interesting character, though she's isn't exactly a mystery solver.

I don't know why I picked this up.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 9, 2016 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
It was a fine episode, nothing special. However, the animation was actually stunning.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jul 22, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Not off to a good start. I hate this sort of assburger character's that lack common sense and do outrageous thing's but don't get punished for it. For shit she pulled off she should have gotten jailtime.
Oct 1, 2016 8:55 PM
Jan 2013
Peco said:
Such a beautiful episode. Only thing I didn't really like was the boy's character. Hopefully there isn't too much dialogue of him here. 4/5

Just started watching this and I am already annoyed by the male lead character. Oh god, I hope I don't have to drop this because each time that little pipsqueak talks my blood pressure rises. :-(
Oct 1, 2016 10:39 PM

Jul 2015
jfabritz said:
Peco said:
Such a beautiful episode. Only thing I didn't really like was the boy's character. Hopefully there isn't too much dialogue of him here. 4/5

Just started watching this and I am already annoyed by the male lead character. Oh god, I hope I don't have to drop this because each time that little pipsqueak talks my blood pressure rises. :-(

hahaha
Yeah... I dropped it, lol
Shame because it had potential
Oct 26, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
Thought I was watching Aldnoah.Zero for a second when I saw Shoutarou.

Yuriko is waifu.

Sakurako could have been waifu had she chose a different field.

I see Sakurako works at Studio Bones.

Reminded of Bones for some reason.

Interesting episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 25, 2017 8:03 PM
Aug 2014
So this is "Bones", but instead of David Boreanaz we get this annoying high school boy.
Feb 16, 2019 7:32 PM

Jun 2015
hmm the main guy isnt so great right now, but right now its interesting
Apr 6, 2020 4:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good animation and the story seems interesting
Oct 27, 2020 3:12 AM

Jul 2020
Ok, there are just things that I need to point out:

1. I don’t like the fact that they get an easy access to the investigation of that incident. Even the reason how they get in were pretty lame.
2. They make the police officers here useless. Well that’s understandable to make the MC shine. But she’s an osteologist and not a detective lmao.

However despite those things I honestly enjoy this first episode, it was a good start. Sakurako is interesting and commendable in those deduction skills. The interaction between the two characters were also good and they have a good chemistry. And I think there’s potential in the theme and story.
Nov 20, 2020 12:46 PM
Jan 2018
The MC is pretty much Watson and the female is pretty much Sherlock lol .

Oh I'm going to enjoy this
Aug 31, 2022 2:22 PM
Nov 2018
bone bone bone bone bone
Sep 30, 2022 3:06 PM

Mar 2019
Great first episode, it looks amazing, the relationship between Sakurako and the "boy" is interesting but that picture at the end is what caught my attention, Sakurako's past. This is a mystery after all so I'm really looking forward to that.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 9, 2022 5:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
good and dark anime series starts!

love bones!!! kekeke
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.