Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2015 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
As a response to ShadowACS' video about his top 10 anime worlds, here is my personal top 10 list (feel free to also post your top 10 anime worlds here):

1. Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

A world where god got bored and decided to start granting the wishes of the people, starting by humanity's collective wish not to die any more... That is the world of Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi, or sunday without god. Even without having read the visual novel, which I sadly haven't found a translation of, this is definitely my favourite fictional world in all of anime and manga, because of a lot of reasons; because how people don't die when they should; how people's wishes come true; how it almost always turns out that that those wishes coming true aren't necessarily a good thing and because of how the people deal with that fact,. and with not only surviving in this world, but being happy as well.

2. Shinsekai yori

In the world of Shinsekai Yori, or "from the new world", people have telekinetic powers. What makes this world one of my favourites, is the fact that these telekinetic powers actually have so many consequences on the world that they turned our real world into a fantasy world with it's own fauna and flora, social structures, mithology... And none of these things are there for no reason; there are no unicorns for the sake of being unicorns, everything in this world has an explanation somehow related to mankind developing these telekinetic powers, from the way people act being influenced by the fear of them or others losing control of their powers and becoming monsters, to new species appearing because of the subconsciously leaking psychic power of the entire human race accelerating mutations and thus evolution.

(I'll continue writing stuff about all the fictional worlds below, but at this moment I am a bit tired after working on on the clubs front page for several hours, so I'll be doing that some other day.)

3. Seirei no Moribito

4. Ookami to Koushinryou

5. Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise

6. A Fairytale for the Demon Lord

7. Log Horizon

8. Utawarerumono

9. Fullmetal Alchemist

10. Dog Days

Links to ShadowACS' videos:
Part 1Part 2
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime of the season (Summer 2015) (Nominations)

DarkWiiPlayer - Oct 6, 2015

0 by DarkWiiPlayer »»
Oct 6, 2015 8:42 AM

» Thoughts on charlotte

DarkWiiPlayer - Oct 5, 2015

1 by LemonTable »»
Oct 6, 2015 12:43 AM

Sticky: » Club Rules

DarkWiiPlayer - Oct 5, 2015

0 by DarkWiiPlayer »»
Oct 5, 2015 3:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.